October 2020 Moms

PGAL Check in 2/10

edited February 2020 in October 2020 Moms
I hope it’s ok that I’ve gotten this started. I’ve unfortunately noticed several other loss moms in the introductions thread and wanted us to have a place to talk with others who might understand . 

How far along are you?

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination? 
Me: 27 DH: 27
Married 6/15/13
BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
~In our hearts forever~
BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

Re: PGAL Check in 2/10

• edited February 2020
    How far along are you? 4+1 is my guess. I’m not 100% on when I ovulated. 

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or have not. 
    My daughter was born at 24+0. I had a placental abruption which was caused by an infection which was caused by incompetent cervix. It was my first pregnancy. She lived for 58 minutes. 

I’m kind of freaking out. Mentally I will feel better once some symptoms appear or I have my first US. It’s been 6 days since my BFP and I’m still POAS every day because I’m convinced this baby is going to go away. 

On Friday, I will walk into the OB clinic and get my pregnancy confirmed and my first appt scheduled. 

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination? Ireland
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• How far along are you?
    5+2

I had a MC in May. It was early and discovered when my betas didn't rise appropriately. We later found I had low progesterone, but can't be sure if that was cause or effect of the MC. I took letrozole to get pregnant with my daughter (PCOS so I wasn't ovulating) and my OB said that can help luteal phase defect so it could've been that. This PG I also took letrozole so I'm trying to hold out hope.

Anxious. My first beta was a week ago and my second is today.

Beta today, first appointment 2/20

Ireland, like @profmcgonagall! But also England and Scotland.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • @ProfessorMcGonagall & @MJDsquared MH and I honeymooned in Ireland. It's so beautiful and so wonderful. I cannot recommend it enough.

How far along are you?
    Feeling pretty good! It was a beautiful, crisp morning, with the sun rising as I was driving to work. And one of those awesome coincidences happened where I thought of one of my favorite songs, and then 5 minutes later it played on the radio! I was slightly spooked, but also really stoked.

TTC since May 2019, found out I was pregnant on Aug. 31st 2019, but had an early loss at 10 weeks in October 2019 (baby had stopped growing at 7+4, but I had not symptoms of loss by my 10 week scan). Took misoprostal at home the following day, but had retained tissue that caused bleeding for the next 8 weeks. Had a hysteroscopy and D&C to remove retained tissue on December 20, 2019.

Good! I got a decent amount of sleep last night despite the room feeling SUPER hot and having to get up around 2am to pee, lol. No MS yet, just mood swings and EVERYTHING SMELLS. I actually bleached our kitchen garbage can on Saturday because I was so bothered by it. Having four large dogs is going to make this pregnancy real fun when it comes to smells, lol.

I'll be going to see my OB this afternoon to set up my first prenatal ultrasound at 10 weeks.

If I win the lottery, one of those overwater bungalows in the Maldives or Bora Bora.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @MJDsquared, hoping that beta is where is needs to be! 

Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• How far along are you? 6w

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. Last Jan I got my BFP. But I was having brown, threadlike spotting, and I didn't have the other symptoms I had the first pregnancy. Things just felt off. I begged the nurse line to have me come in because I was supposed to fly to Cali that week and needed to have answers, and when I got the OB, she didn't see anything and said it was a MMC. Well that didn't feel right either and I asked for a u/s at an imagining center the next day. Thank God I did, because they found my ectopic. Then it was a downward spiral of yelling at my OB office, getting a dose of methotrexate, missing Cali and Disneyland, the methotrexate failing, and having emergency surgery to remove my left tube before it burst. Needless to say, I'be had to have a lot of therapy.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Once I saw my last u/s last week I've been doing a lot better. Seeing the yolk sac exactly where it needs to be is so reassuring. But I know that fraternal twins run in my family and there is a possibility that I threw two eggs, so every twinge, cramp pain in that area get me nervous. 

Any upcoming appointments? 2/18 to hopefully see a heartbeat and check my tubes and ovaries again. 

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination? I'm a dork-I really want to go to DisneySea and Tokyo Disney, and travel around Japan. I also want to return to Verona Italy; I left my heart there. 

@MJDsquared FX those betas look good <3 

• How far along are you?
    5w5d

Our daughter was stillborn at 36 weeks in January 2014, likely due to a combination of factors: premature calcification of the placenta, a blood clot, elevated white blood count which indicated an infection. We had our son in September 2015- lots of monitoring during his pregnancy, and it was reassuring.

I’ve been really anxious. Symptoms come and go, but I find them reassuring so I wish they were constant haha

u/s on Thursday! 

Would love to do a good and wine tour of Italy!
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14
  • How far along are you?
    4 weeks+1

I lost my daughter full term last April during labor for unknown reasons. 
    My one comfort is the incompetent joke of a doctor providing me "care" lost her license for malpractice afterwards. 

My symptoms are really mild as far as it goes, pretty nauseous but that seems to be normal for me. 
    I had a little pink spotting last night and may have had a total mental breakdown about it, but I think it was just an irritated cervix. I peed on my last stick today and the fat pink lines felt like really good closure to this testing chapter. 

Not yet! 

St Helena island ❤️ close second is Kyoto Japan. 
  • @MJDsquared I’m so happy to hear that! 

@mamaheatherl I hope your ultrasound goes well! 

@k@kalesix3 spotting can be so terrifying. Glad your test was still positive and FX for no more spotting!

@d@dolewhipper I’m so glad your US went well! Peace of mind is a wonderful thing. 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• How far along are you?
    4w4d

Lost a set of twins at 20 weeks due to Incompetent cervix

Yesterday started all day sickness.  Never got sick, but dang sure wanted to! I can feel it starting all ready today. 

Not yet.  We leave for a 10 day trip to Arizona on Sunday, so when we get back we will go and have an ultrasound to make sure everything is going good. By the time I get back I will be 7weeks so they feel more comfortable doing and ultra sound then.  I will obviously be considered high risk.

Bora Bora! I have no clue why tho!
  • How far along are you?
    4 weeks and a few days 

Share your PGAL story, if you’d like or previously have not. 
    Between DS1 and DS2 I had an early natural miscarriage around 6 weeks. We found out we were pregnant last year and everything seemed fine, other than borderline progesterone for me and ridiculous morning sickness. We saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks and everything seemed fine. At my 11 week appointment, there was no heartbeat and a baby measuring perfectly at 11+5 weeks. My oldest was in the room with us. Everything that followed has been really traumatic, mainly for DS1 because he has really struggled with the baby dying. I have bad morning sickness so I can’t hide my pregnancies from the kids usually. 

I think the BFP kind of hit me really hard because I wasn’t expecting it. I had resigned myself to the fertility appointment we had scheduled for next Monday—it takes me on average 18 months to get pregnant—and I had been cramping like my period was coming on the night before. My instructions after October were to go straight in to my OB’s office and they will do bloodwork and check my levels—HCG and progesterone and set me up for extra appointments to monitor everything. I think I can make it in there tomorrow. I just know going in makes it real and then PGAL brain will really kick in and I’ll be an anxious mess. 

I have an appointment scheduled with my regular OB to discuss fertility for 17 February and I should go in this week and start the bloodwork tests and they will probably just keep that appointment. I know he said he wanted to do some extra monitoring this time? 

GTKY: What is your dream vacation?
     I have a few... I’m always down for a beach so an island, Fiji or Hawaii. I also would really like to go to Italy and spend a month just soaking in the culture and the people and eating all the food. And I would love to someday say that I’ve been to all the Disney Parks locations. 
  • @ProfessorMcGonagall thank you! No more spotting since, so fingers crossed everything keeps going smoothly! 
  • Hi ladies. I hate how many of us there are posting here, but I’m glad we’ll have a good PGAL community for this BMB. 

How far along are you? I’ll be 7 weeks Wednesday 

Ive had 3 prior losses. I lost my first baby at 25 weeks due to a cord accident in 2015. My son was born in Jan of 2017. I had a miscarriage in dec 2018 and another loss at 21 weeks in June of 2019 also due to a cord accident (the exact same kind). It was just completely devastating to experience something I was told was a random event twice. We did an autopsy, genetic testing and I had a lot of testing for things like blood clotting disorders and everything was normal, so we really have no answers   

symptom wise I have some nausea when I first wake up but nothing awful. Emotionally I just feel really numb and detached. I know regardless of the outcome this is my last pregnancy and I can’t do this again. 

Any upcoming appointments? First appointment is March 4th with my OB to confirm viability, then another with my MFM. 

I’d like to go to Chile or Peru. I’ve never been to South America. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 4w1d

I had a miscarriage back in Sept 2017 with my first pregnancy. I was 9w2d when I had the MMC, but the baby had stopped growing around 7 weeks. I ended up having to go to the hospital because I was bleeding so much and that experience was pretty traumatic. I hated having to tell so many people why I was there and then I passed out when I went to the bathroom and ended up having to have a D&C because they were concerned about my bleeding and low bp. I was fortunate to get pregnant again and our DS was born in February 2019. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? No real symptoms, but I know it’s still early. Emotionally, I just wish I could enjoy this time. I hate that my pregnancy is tainted by my worry of losing another baby. I’m 38 and will be 39 before the baby is born so that is something I also worry about.   

Any upcoming appointments? Nothing scheduled yet. Will schedule blood work next week and will be doing the genetic testing as soon as possible as well. 

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination? I’d love to go to the Dolomites or New Zealand! 
  • How far along are you?
    5w5d
    In early March of 2015 I miscarried at 7 or 8 weeks. It was my first pregnancy and we were so excited. I had just told my boss that Friday just in case something were to happen, and thank goodness I had the forethought. I miscarried that Sunday while my husband was out celebrating the pregnancy with a friend. Everything just went kind of wrong after that. My husband’s car broke in the most expensive way, 3 days later I ended up with the flu, missed over a week of work, the flu got so bad I ended up needing IV fluids, then a week later I got rear ended while I was working by an uninsured motorist... I had no time to mourn because everything was just turning to crap around me. 
    I’m pretty similar to last pregnancy, my nausea is mild (even more so than last time) and crazy gassiness. Pregnancy really gives me lower intestine problems; colace was on the approved list so I’m gonna start taking that today. 
    Emotionally I’m crazy. I’m so paranoid. We were celebrating Valentines (a day late) and I made us come home early because I coughed and thought I felt rushing. I’ve taken a billion pregnancy tests expecting for the line to get lighter due to less hcg like last time. I even photographed them to compare. 
    March 3rd is my first appointment. 
    Any vacation would be a dream. Haven’t had one since 2014 (just to visit my brother)  and haven’t had one with DH ever (16 years).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? 4+1

First was a early miscarriage in 2013, 2 healthy pregnancies and my last was a TMFR at 21 weeks. During our anatomy scan we found a cleft palate, and spina bifida. Went to a level 2 ultrasound where it confirmed everything and also had an amino done. 2 days later Maddi Rose was diagnosed with Trisomy 13. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? all the emotions. My betas came back low and I started progesterone suppositories and go in tomorrow for my second blood draw.

Any upcoming appointments? Blood draw tomorrow and first appt 3/12

GTKY: What is your dream vacation destination? I would love to go on another cruise! 
  • How far along are you?
    6 weeks exactly

We went for our first u/s at 9.5 weeks and no heartbeat, embryo only measuring  or 7 weeks. I had no idea, I was having nausea, sore boobs, etc. I had a tiny tiny bit of spotting right before the u/s but it was right after sex so I wasn't worried at all about m/c.  It was so devastating, I started crying right away. I chose a D and C, which was pretty awful- I had a vasovagal response during it which means your blood pressure drops and you feel super nauseated/clammy/etc in addition to the pain. 

Physically, mild nausea (wish it was worse), sore boobs, a little tired, but not bad overall. Emotionally I am so worried it is going to happen again and really trying to relax about that. Plus, I am still sad about our little lost one. In some ways, emotionally it would have been better to wait but due to my age (38) was anxious to keep trying. My SO and I haven't talked much about the new pregnancy, which is also hard. Partly because I have been traveling so we haven't had a chance but I don't have a great sense of how he feels about it yet, other than saying he was happy when I told him I was pregnant again. We don't have the same lighthearted joy this time around yet which is hard. 

March 4th is the first u/s at 7.5 weeks. Sort of want to get a blood test sooner but that might just be overkill/my anxiety. 

Ooh, Mongolia is a place I have wanted to go for a long time. 
    <3 EDD 10/16/20 - Boy
    o:) BFP 10/31/19, MMC 12/13/19