September 2020 Moms
Options

FFFC 2/14

edited February 2020 in September 2020 Moms
Happy Valentines Day!
Share your confessions (they don’t have to be V-day related but if you have one why not!)

*Not Guaranteed to be Flame Free*

Re: FFFC 2/14

• Options
    My FFFC is that I can't stand stupid people.

I think a lot of times people are choosing to be ignorant and I'm so over it. 

And I'm not bashing people with a low IQ so please don't think that I am. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    Gonna have a half glass of cabernet with V-Day dinner!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’ve been wearing a coat/big sweatshirt when my mom comes around just so she won’t touch my belly.  :# I loathe anyone touching it other than my H and kids. Today she still did and I cringed. Not sure what the big deal is, I just don’t like it I guess. 
  • Options
    I’ve had three cupcakes today so far and I’ll probably have more 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv omg SAME! MIL kept insisting on touching my belly last time around. When I finally had the guts to tell her no (instead of asking DH to keep reminding her) she'd rub her belly against mine every time we hugged goodbye. Like would not let me side hug her. I gave in and went with it bc her husband was basically in the hospital bed dying during the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy with DD but uuuuugggggggghhhhh. This time, I'm *not* having it. I *will* have the guts to tell her no myself the first time, and not come around if she's going to be that way. I honestly can't stand anyone touching my belly. Like why is it ok for you to touch my uterus now that we know something is in it? You don't touch my boobs once you know they're making milk... I know you said you aren't sure why you don't like anyone touching yours...tbh it took me until last week to figure out part of why I don't like folks touching my belly. *TW* assault - In college, I was at some slimey sleezy bar and got "Trump grabbed" by some random dude who was just walking by. I won't say it left me with any emotional scars, but that is the only other time I've ever been touched in a full frontal position against my will. The feeling it gave me in the pit of my stomach is the same feeling I get when *anyone* touches my belly. I mean it doesn't bug me when DH touches the belly, but he's still considerate enough to ask first. Why can't his mom? *End rant* You deserve a cookie if you actually read this whole thing. 

As for my UO...I'm a big Yellowstone (tv show) fan. I know Casey is supposed to be the character fighting to do what's right, but I don't like him. 
  • Options
    A woman on my Facebook always calls her daughter “baby girl.” “Baby girl is so spoiled by her daddy, baby girl got her own flower, baby girl doesn’t like photos, baby girl, baby girl, baby girl”
    it drives me crazy for whatever reason I don’t know!! she has two boys so I imagine she loves having a girl, but it irks me!!! 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv
    When I was pregnant with  my twins one of my nurses would always kiss my belly and say hello to the babies every time she saw me. It kind of creeped me out but I think it was cultural for her so I let it slide. Seriously, it's like people lose all boundaries around pregnant women. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    @robinj716 That irks me too! I’ll call DD baby girl sometimes when talking to her, but never when talking *about* her. No idea why...but yeah...
  • Options
    @robinj716 that would annoy me too if it was constant. It’s like when people call their son nothing else but “little man/guy” that drives me bonkers. Once in a while makes sense but the kid has a name or you can just say “my son”.. idk lol some people (like my moms ex husband) just overuse it so much!!