October 2020 Moms

FFFC 2/14

Flame away 🔥 
Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
DD | 7/3/2015 
DS | 2/20/2018
LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!

Re: FFFC 2/14

• @pelomama I think we just became best friends.
    My lunch yesterday was goat cheese stuffed dates wrapped in prosciutto. Also, I ate some salmon sashimi last week, and probably going to eat some amazing raw oysters tonight. 

And for those that don’t know, you can totally have 200mg if caffeine a day. I max that out daily and did with my last pregnancy, no shame. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same camp with y'all, enjoying my coffee, occasional glass of red wine, and bleu cheese dressing. I'm not a meat-eater, but during pregnancy, I'll sometimes break that and have some fried chicken or brisket if I'm specifically craving that.

My FFFC: I know it's Valentine's Day and we're having a fancy dinner tonight and the expectation is to be all romantic and such, but I'm hoping we go to dinner, come home, and just go to sleep. First trimester blues have gotten a hold of me, and my interest in sex is 0%. Between random waves of nausea, breast tenderness, and my super sense of smell, the idea of sex is just repulsive in general to me right now. I feel bad, though, because I had booked this reservation early last month and didn't know I'd be KU tonight.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• I gave up on the caffeine this time, but only because I was getting super unhealthy with it.  Every day I would load up my 20 oz stainless tumbler and then switch to diet coke in the afternoons.  I would start getting headaches without caffeine.  My actual start date for no caffeine was New Year's, so I am chalking it up to that.  I definitely budgeted my 200mg the last two pregnancies.  I am also here for the cold cuts and hot dogs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I was pregnant with DS I read somewhere that most cheeses made in the US are made with pasteurized milk. So I decided I will eat whatever cheese I want.   :D  In my third trimester I had HUGE cravings for iced coffee (venti doubleshot on ice, which has 5 shots of espresso) and Coke with lots of ice. Even though I was doing half caff coffee I way over did the caffeine. I would waste my waste my entire 1 hour lunch break driving to the closest starbucks. 
  • @dolewhipper absolutely, I push that 200mg to the max. I get up at 5am 6 days a week for work and have 2 little kids already! 
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
  • I also consume my 200mg of caffeine daily, which I’m assuming you can guess from my SN lol.

My FFFC is that I look forward to wearing my maternity scrub pants and jeans again and will be wearing them the second I’m uncomfortable. 

• +1 to not being in the mood for sex. It's a miracle if I make it to 9pm these days.

Give me all the deli meats! I'm actually craving them and happen to have a tray in the fridge, so yeah. Coffee, well, I gave it up for the most part the first time around but then ended up sticking to one cup. That's what I was doing before ttc anyways. It makes me dehidrated and in general has no effect whatsoever on me. Of I feel like an extra cup occasionally I just go with it. It doesn't sound good at all right now so that's easy!

I'm very strict about alcohol but considering splurging on sushi. I'm a bit more on the fence with that but I don't think it's the worst thing you can eat.

FFFC I don't know if I can truly be team green for this baby. I've tried to tell my reasons to H but he's so hung up on it! I'd love to not find out but I'm only seeing negatives about it right now
  • @morethanamama we are team green for the first time and it’s already killing me. We found out with my first 2 as early as possible (like 10w). We have one of each so I have no real reason I have to know. I’m such a control freak, it’s going to be so hard but this is the last time in my life I can get that big surprise 
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
  • @morethanamama, we are the opposite. I want to be team green and MH said no way in hell. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @pelomama we are 2 and through so also last time to be surprised. I would love another boy but I also want to start purging some of his clothes in case it's a girl... although she'd be wearing 90% of his stuff regardless, lol. It's hard because I'm impatient. Also since I'm ama we could literally find out in 3 weeks which would be so amazing haha
  • Oh I've got some good FFFC level crazy that you are actually welcome to flame.  My MIL fancies herself to be this amateur medium.  This type of stuff is not in my belief system, but whatever it makes her happy so we roll with it.  Anyway, every single pregnancy in our family (at this point, at least a dozen) she has accurately predicted the sex of the child.  So my confession is that this week she told me she "sees" twins and I am FTFO.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @smg2302 I would be too 😳
  • @coldbrew thanks for saying that!  Rationally I'm all...this is bullshit.  Irrational hormone brain is all over the place.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @smg2302 it was a big fear of mine with DD2’s pregnancy. I just don’t think I could handle it. MoMs are saints. 
  • I mentioned team green since we have one of each and DH shot it down faster than it could get it out of my mouth. 

Plus one for eat all the deli meats here! Although hotdogs were my number one aversion last pregnancy. Bagged lettuce is ten times more risky than any deli meat. Still eat that too.

My FFFC giving up the alcohol has been exponentially harder each pregnancy for me. I’m really salty that I’m going to miss out on a whole summer of back yard BBQ beers with the neighbors. I will also have a dry 30th birthday party. 
  • @babyodo bless you....I was a glass of red wine with dinner almost every night before I found out I was pregnant and have been considering whether or not it's "ok". Seems like science doesn't really know anything other than don't get drunk like you're in the club every night. Gonna pour me up a nice glass of cab for Valentine's day and enjoy every sip!
  • @smg2302

I don't know how I could do twins! I'd for sure have to move next door to my in laws 😂
  • @coldbrew what is this about maternity scrubs?! I struggled through with normal scrubs the whole time last pregnancy and it wasn't pretty. Although I do have to wear surgery scrubs so I don't know if I can get away with non-hospital ones.

@morethanamama I was team green with my first and DH wants to be again, but I don't know if I want to! It was fun but man, the last month or so was painful! I just wanted to know.
  • @carrotsandpeas3 OR scrubs might be tricky, but they sell half and full panel scrubs just like jeans! They’re so much better elastic.
  • @carrotsandpeas3, I wore maternity scrubs through my last pregnancy and I was constantly having to hike them up. I preferred just sizing up my normal scrubs like I did the first two pregnancies. However, I’m not sure I have that option this time since I’m at a larger size than previously.
  • I’m all behind. Yesterday was crazy busy. 
    But I am here with all of you who drink coffee, max out their caffeine, eat lunch meat and sushi, have an occasional glass of wine that you are comfortable with, are too impatient to be team green and are ready to bust out the maternity pants as soon as I feel slightly uncomfortable. 

My FFFC... I am being such a hypocrite but I cannot stop watching the train wreck that is the Bachelor this season. And as I am married to a pilot, I am so extra judgmental over these girls. 
  • @NME44 I sized up last time too. But I'm short and stuck with OR scrubs so anything larger than a small drags the floor, especially once I have to tie them below the belly because the drawstring cuts in once the belly gets big enough. I could probably get away with wearing dress clothes and one of those OR bunny suits when necessary but getting to wear tennis shoes with scrubs is worth it to deal with the annoying pants!
  • @carrotsandpeas3, I don’t know what an OR bunny suit is and the image in my head has me lol-ing 
  • @mdfarmchick The bachelor/bachelorette/BiP used to be one of my guilty pleasures but I finally couldn’t take anymore of the madness about two seasons ago and stopped watching. I do follow a few of the couples on instagram tho :o 
  • @carrotsandpeas3   I have the opposite problem with scrubs.  Scrub pants are usually too short for me, so I already tend to have to wear them lower or size up, so it doesn't look like I'm wearing floods.  Maybe wearing shoes that have a thicker sole would help such as Danskos.

@NME44   An OR bunny suit is like a cover for your outfit.  It reminds me of something that a painter would wear to protect their clothes.  It is usually a thin white material, and it covers everything except head, hands, and feet.  I never thought about how weird that term sounds until you mentioned it.  Now, I just keep thinking of people dressed up as bunnies.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited February 2020
    @NME44 it looks like this (just a photo I stole from Google)! Basically a paper suit to cover your clothes so they are clean for the OR. It actually is pretty ridiculous looking. I think they usually have the SOs put them on when they go into a C section, so that's where most people see them, but doctors can put them on if they have to go into an OR and have outside clothes on. Not nearly as funny as an Easter bunny suit. 😂

ETA: sorry if that that photo is huge!
  • @carrotsandpeas3, okay, I’ve definitely seen those. I wonder why they call them bunny suits, though...
  • @NME44 as long as they’re white they look pretty spot on.  :D  (I miss the rolling laughing bump emoji from forever ago)