September 2020 Moms

Week 4 check-in w/o 2/10

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 4th week of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Week 4 check-in w/o 2/10

• I think we forgot it's the start of a new week lol.

EDD/weeks+days: 8w0d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow for OB intake

How are you feeling? I had a near death experience on Friday. I have a condition called eosinophilic esophagitis and sometimes by esophagus doesn't work right and food gets stuck. I've had this since childhood and I've always been able to handle the situation. Well friday, I didn't have access to a drink and my body started to reject the food that was stuck but because my esophagus sucks I couldn't vomit so it just moved up a little and sat on my epiglottis and blocked my airway. I was able to get out a scream which prompted my mom to call 911 (she was bathing my twins) but I couldn't breath. I was able to make it to the kitchen sick and threw myself over repeatedly and eventually got the food out. But I think I was blue. I heard my husband on the phone with 911 saying my wife isn't talking and she's blue. So I'm on a liquid diet until I can get a GI doctor to see me, which seems impossible since none of them will see a pregnant woman. And I've lost a few pounds over the weekend so I'm a little scared. Luckily I didn't have any vaginal bleeding (I was concerned since I had to self-heimlich several times), so I think the baby is okay. Bust seriously, the scariest moment of my life ever. I had this flash of dying and the baby dying...it was so scary.

Raves/Rants: Why does my esophagus hate me

Questions: none

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose. I would choose Harry Potter. I love the thought of being a witch and going to Hogwarts!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

• EDD/weeks+days: 6w6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out?

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: First one on Thursday! Super nervous and excited!

How are you feeling? Tired, unmotivated, and quite frankly-- lazy. Poor husband has been doing everything-- cleaning, chores, and still very loving haha.

Raves/Rants: Not extremely exhausted but sensitive to food and smells. Nothing sounds appetizing which is unheard of for me (I've always been a huge foodie) and makes me feel not like myself.

Questions: what should I expect at the first appointment? they mentioned an ultrasound, do you think it'll be transvaginal?

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose. I'm going to agree with Harry Potter!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @linz36 that sounds so traumatizing!! I'm so sorry you had that experience. But wow, sounds like you handled it like a pro! I'm sure baby is fine in there but I can definitely understand your concern.

@tortilliny (BTW- I like your username!) yes, the first ultrasound will be transvaginal since baby is so small at this point. In fact, I've heard it referred to as the "dildo cam" around these parts 😂. They'll hopefully be able to hear baby's heart beat and measure the CRL (crown-rump length) to make sure your EDD is accurate, etc. 

EDD/weeks+days: 7+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: still undecided here.

Baby is the size of a: uncooked macaroni noodle

Upcoming appointments: not til next week, ugh

How are you feeling? Queasy all the time, hungry all the time, exhausted, sore boobs, wahh wahhh wahhh. (just kidding, still excited to be PG, no matter how crappy I feel)

Rants/raves: I'm pretty sure I won't be able to keep this pregnancy a secret much longer. I already look thicker around the middle because eating is the only way to keep the nausea at bay!!

Questions? Nah

GTKY: I tried to think of something other than Harry Potter to be creative, but if I'm being honest there's no other place I'd really want to be. 
  • @linz36 Whoa! That is terrifying. I am so glad that you are okay!

EDD/weeks+days: 9/27,7+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Altoid

Upcoming appointments: Next Tuesday!

How are you feeling? Ugh. I'm hungry all the time, but everything sounds disgusting. I'm queasy 24/7 and the combination of Unisom and B6 that helped so much with the last pregnancy really only takes the edge off the nausea with this one. 

Raves/Rants: I've been so emotional about everything lately. I mean, I spilled water on myself yesterday and cried. 

Questions: No

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose: Omg, is there even another answer aside from Harry Potter? I'm trying to think of one, but I'm drawing a blank. HP is clearly the winner.
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
  • @tortilliny don't feel guilty about being lazy and having you're husband help out...trust me...it's good practice for what's about to come 

And I'm loving that we all want to live in the Harry Potter Universe!

• @linz36 that is so frightening!  I can't imagine going through that.
    @tortilliny For my first appointment they mentioned having an ultrasound, but when I got there I knew my dates so well they decided to wait until 12 weeks.  Hopefully that doesn't happen to you, I would have loved to have seen something by now!  Only one more day until your appointment!
    @jennifer_louise 'dildo cam' made me burst out laughing hahahahaha  DH is downstairs thinking that I'm crazy.
    @cabearit I'm with you on the crying.  DH was away over the weekend and I made the mistake of binge watching old Disney movies, was a puddle of tears on the couch for hours.

EDD/weeks+days: 7 weeks 6 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Keyboard key

Upcoming appointments:  Had one today, my blood work from a few weeks ago came out good.  12 week US booked for 3/12 and follow up doc appointment 3/26 (big gap because of March break and everyone on vacation)

How are you feeling?  Much better than last week.  I was out with a cold last Tuesday-Friday and as it started to clear up my existing stomach issues were acting up so eating/drinking (even water) have been horrible, but my doctor gave me a script for an anti-acid I've taken in the past so I'm looking forward to getting back to eating things again in a day or so. :smile:

Raves/Rants:  Ranted in How I'm feeling.  Raves: just feeling so good after today's appointment and that I should be feeling better in a few days. 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose.  Before I read anyone's' answers I said 'Oh Harry Potter, obvi' so I guess we are all the same haha.  Glad I'll be there with you all!
  • @hp242 I'm so glad you're feeling better! Having a cold on top of all this must be miserable. I'm congested too, but it's hard for me to tell if it's a super long and mild cold or PG related.

I guess we're all heading over to Hogwarts then! Maybe the real GTKY should be what house you're in. I'm probably a Ravenclaw although all the cool kids are Gryffindor. 
  • @hp242 Ahh! I hope they don't make me wait until 12 weeks-- just waiting the 3 weeks until tomorrow's appointment has been brutal! I think I'll be a bunch of nerves tomorrow morning, just hoping everything's okay and little bun is healthy.

@jennifer_louise I'm a Ravenclaw too and proud of it haha!

• @jennifer_louise @tortilliny I'm also a Ravenclaw!  Look at us all in Week 4 together in the Ravenclaw Tower! 

jennifer_louise it was pretty miserable, but things are looking up now, I can't wait to get back to eating vegetables!   I've noticed I'm blowing my nose 15x more than normal without the cold, so  I'm assuming thats PG related but who knows...

tortilliny I'm lucky that my week turns on Thursdays, so weekends go fast and then by the time I'm back at work on Monday I'm already WeekXDay4 so it feels like the weeks are going faster because then its only 3 days until the week bumps up - totally a mental game.  The way the healthcare works in Ontario, at least in my city, I'm with my Family Doctor until at least 13 weeks, maybe longer before I move to an OB.  To get a US done in First Tri I have to get a requisition and book it at a lab that does all sorts of different diagnostic imaging so it sounds like they try to skip the dating US whenever possible. 
  • @hp242 that's the same process for us in British Columbia, except they're not sending us to an OB until the first trimester unless I become high risk, then we'd go sooner. 
  • @readytobemama @hp242 interesting how they do things differently up there! Yah I suppose they really can't tell much at the first US (except a reasonable EDD and a bit of peace of mind).

@hp242 I miss vegetables too! I've been eating a good amount of fruit, though. Raspberries, grapes, and apples have been good for me this week (and hopefully getting my digestion a little more "regular") 😬
  • @hp242 oops I meant they send us to the OB for the third trimester not first for us sorry!  
  • For all the Harry Potter people! Aden + Anais just released Harry Potter muslin swaddle blankets!!!! I’m in love! 
  • @hp242 i have terrible allergies and my last pregnancy I always had sinus attacks. This time around I’ve had allergy shots in my system for the last 8 months so I feel much better! The allergist said the mucous membranes in our bodies flare Up with pregnancy. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: next Friday 2/21

How are you feeling? EXHAUSTED. I’m so tired all of the time. Some days are a little better than others but mostly I’m zonked all day. It’s a struggle. 

Raves/Rants: My rant is I hate how crowded Trader Joe’s always is. I went the other day (Tuesday) at 10:30 AM and it was still so hard to get around. And why are they always so small. But my rave is they have so many yummy things there. Everything but the bagel dip is soooo good. And I got a bunch of cheese and snacks to have for valentines dinner. Because I’m lazy and I like cheese. Lol

Questions: none right now 

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose - I mean obviously HP like the rest of you. I’m a Hufflepuff though :) does anyone else play Wizards Unite? 

@linz36 omg that is so scary!! My husband has a similar condition, I don’t know if he ever got officially diagnosed but sounds the same as yours, basically his esophagus is misshaped/hardened and if he eats too quickly or doesn’t chew enough food can get stuck. He’s had severe pain from it before when he couldn’t get himself to vomit or force it down but it never caused his airway to block too. That’s so scary that that happened to you! 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @elsie42 yeah he probably has the same thing. Most of the time it's just inconvenient. My MFM is trying to get me in to see a GI soon.

And I'm Ravenclaw too. Although I wear Gryffindor and Slytherin gear lol.