October 2020 Moms

UO’s (Unpopular Opinions) 13 Feb

It’s Thursdayyyyy!! Let’s hear those UO’s!

Re: UO’s (Unpopular Opinions) 13 Feb

• I don’t like anything lemon. Including, but not limited to lemonade, iced tea with lemon, lemon candy, lemon meringue pie, scampis with lemon, or of course actual freaking lemons. They’re yucky. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @profmcgonagall Agree.  Also not a fan of when moms refer to themselves as mama not to their kids. Like Facebook statuses or whatever saying, "This mama is tired / This mama needs a vacation" etc.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • homeport17homeport17 member
    edited February 2020
    I don’t like anything lemon. Including, but not limited to lemonade, iced tea with lemon, lemon candy, lemon meringue pie, scampis with lemon, or of course actual freaking lemons. They’re yucky. 
    Too funny! When I was pregnant with my first daughter, my biggest craving was lemonade. We'd buy multiple quarts.
  • I have zero interest in anything Harry Potter. Never have, probably never will. 
  • I guess my next UO is that the “mama” thing doesn’t bother me at all. And I’m probably guilty of this. 😂 13 years into motherhood and I’ve just gotten used to the fact that I’m more “mama” than anything else these days. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

• Lisa3379 said:
    I have zero interest in anything Harry Potter. Never have, probably never will. 
    Same. Everyone automatically assumes I'm a Potterhead because I'm into Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Doctor Who, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, etc), but I just never got into it and don't think I ever will. I think part of it is it got big when I first joined the military, so I was way too wrapped up in that phase of my life for anything else, but also because it was always more of my brother's thing so I figured it was a kid thing. I have had several people try to convince me otherwise, telling me that the last few books/movies grew much darker and grownup, but it just never struck with me. *shrugs*
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @morethanamama I’m a nurse in a pediatric urgent care and am totally guilty. We refer to all parents as mom/dad, but it’s also not a practice where we have the opportunity to document or learn their names really. 
  • - I love lemons!
    - Getting called “mama” gets a half cringe from me. Mom is just okay. 
    - Love Harry Potter, read all books more than once. 😬

My UO: I don’t think it matters at all how Jeffrey Epstein died. We should all just be celebrating he’s gone instead of trying to figure it out. 
  • I don’t like anything lemon. Including, but not limited to lemonade, iced tea with lemon, lemon candy, lemon meringue pie, scampis with lemon, or of course actual freaking lemons. They’re yucky. 
    Too funny! When I was pregnant with my first daughter, my biggest craving was lemonade. We'd buy multiple quarts.
    Same!!
  • @tdevlindrye Potterhead over here too. 

I totally get how some people are not into it. MH is a total nerd and had never seen any of the movies until we met!

Meanwhile, to pick up on last week's UO I posted, I've watched more episodes of the Mandalorian and we're almost to the end. Still not impressed 😂
  • UO: I will be that person that says Epstein was murdered—and keep saying it. Because those a-holes who were part of his circle are still out there, preying on women and girls. Like my daughter, my nieces, my cousins, and other women in my life. 

Also, I don’t like peanut butter in my desserts 🙃
  • I hate when some cashiers or random people call me " sweetie, darling, honey" makes me cringe. I hate bananas, it's disgusting. 
  • UO...
    -I don’t mind mama. And my kids call me momma. 
    -I don’t like Harry Potter. 
    -Some lemon is okay. 
    -Epstein didn’t kill himself. 
    -I am so over politics. 
    -I will drink all the coffee that this pregnancy will let me, and eat all the sushi and lunch meat. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @dolewhipper wait, explain how advocating he was murdered hurts those other despicable scum bags out there? I will 100% jump on board if I understand how it...

...oh wait I think it hit me. Because he could have been murdered to shut him up???
  • @dolewhipper Okay, AMEN! I’m on board now!

I’m listening to a podcast about everything Epstein and they just went over how he died. To me it seemed obvious that he was murdered, but they made it seem like it was fellow inmates/guards doing it because they thought he was disgusting - not as part of a bigger operation. So I was like, who cares? Let’s just applaud those guys if they did it and celebrate that he’s gone for good. 

More googling, plus your explanation, makes total sense though and I, too, am on the “he was murdered” page. And for *sure* there are still people out there keeping his operation alive.
  • I have another one (inspired by someone else’s UO) - politics is fascinating and super fun. 
  • @tdevlindrye which podcast did you listen to? I didn’t know much about Epstein until I listened to one lately, and I’m so disturbed by it. While I think either scenario (suicide or murder) is possible, I think a lot of big name people were involved/still at large being predators and it’s a strong possibility he was murdered.

Also hate talking politics. I was raised by hardcore republicans and it tainted the way I viewed people growing up and in college (I had strong negative views about liberals). Before 2016 I was more middle of the road (didn’t vote for trump but didn’t hate trumpers either). Now largely because most of my online friends are super liberal and express their views - I swing left and despise trump, BUT I’m not educated enough myself to go to bat in regards to internet politics. So maybe FFFC I need to stop being influenced by everyone’s opinion and figure it out myself 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • @Lisa3379 I'm with you on that!

I'm super passionate about politics but had to take a step back because all the news was making me sad. I actually became a US citizen recently (I'm originally from Europe) and this is the first election I'll be voting in. I'm so excited but also so nervous about the outcome. 
  • I’ve hated lemon only when I was pregnant both previous times- those lemon preggo pop candies...bleh

Otherwise, I LOVE lemon. I squeeze a whole lemon into one glass of water!

My UO- jello is nasty! I’ve never liked it. Not even in shot form. 
  • @JLaVO888 me too. Gimme all the lemons! DS loves them too, when he was smaller we’d have to order him his own bowl of lemons at restaurants so we could keep ours for our drinks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @deaddahliah My DD always asks for a lemon in her water at restaurants and she’s only 3. I’ve created a diva. 
  • @Lisa3379 go you! I like Mayor Pete. So cool you got to meet him! 
  • I am craving sushi SOOO badly! I know they say cooked is best, but.....what kind are you having? I need to know what I can eat! I mean, I'm sure Japanese women eat sushi and have totally healthy babies, yes?
    BFP 2/1/2020, Rainbow EmojiRainbow Emoji double rainbow due 10/10/2020

Baby Angel Emoji Free Download iPhone Emojis  Emoji Island BFP 9/12/2017, complete molar pregnancy dx 10/17/2017, D&Cx2 and chemo October 2017 through January 2018
    Baby Angel Emoji Free Download iPhone Emojis  Emoji Island Chemical July 2019

• @mdfarmchick

I just reread yours and I’m sitting here trying to figure out how mama and momma sound different. I’m sure I sound like a total idiot l.  :D 
  • Lemon la croix is SAVING me with this Morning sickness!

I'm trying to think of a UO I have... I don’t like fish? 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • I actually just realized my UO which might get me voted off this island....I’m not in love with Disney. I don’t have anything against people that love it but crowds and standing in lines really just causes me anxiety. I’d much prefer camping or Grand Canyon for a vacation.  
  • @amanda1auren I just had a shrimp tempura roll today. Most crab rolls are cooked, some salmon rolls
    use smoked salmon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JLaVO888, I don’t get the Disney hype either. A lot of their movies are problematic at best, and the crowds at the parks make me anxious. I’d rather spend my money elsewhere.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14
  • @JLaVO888 I just prefer the spelling and it has more of a mom-ma sound as opposed to ma-ma. Have you been to the Grand Canyon? I loved the couple of camping trips we have taken there. The North Rim is my favorite. 

@amanda1auren if it’s a place that I’ve been eating at for a long time, and the food is fresh, then I order whatever rolls I want. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Otherwise, tempura rolls are pretty safe, baked rolls and deep fried rolls. 
  • @mdfarmchick I’ve been once back in college and loved it. I really want to take the kids. It’s a day drive from where I live. I just need them to be old enough for us all to enjoy it now. So far we’ve only talked small camping trips in CO with them. 
  • @JLaVO888 cool. It’s a day drive for us too. Like 3-4 hours. 
  • @mdfarmchick It’s 4 hours for us too!