Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 2/13

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Thursday 2/13

• Month/Cycle: 15/16 including 2 benched. 

CD/DPO: 24/9

Timing: -4, -2 , -1, O, + 1

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: Amazon still won’t let me order FRERs so I’ll have to go to the store like the pilgrims did 

R/R: My day yesterday was pretty productive, hopefully I can repeat that today! I have some stuff for other clients piling up but trying not to think of that right now. I guess on the plus side it’s s good distraction from testing? It’s just me on the audit today but my boss is coming and we need to have a chat about the 1 million new clients that are coming in to my department. I’m hoping he already realizes that we’re going to need some more help handling, if he doesn’t it may be a rough convo. 

CS/Q:

• @bows22 so rude of Amazon! Glad you got your productive day yesterday, best of luck with your boss today!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 33/ 6-8

Timing: hopefully okay

Typical LP length: 12ish

Testing: Saturday before we leave for the weekend

R/R: I get the whole afternoon today to get work done! The kids in my school have a half day, so from the time they go home until it’s time for me to leave I get to write reports and do paperwork things. It’s not the most exciting, but it’s the aspect of my job that sometimes can take over at home so it’s nice to finally have some time in my schedule to get things done at work.

CS/Q: nope

• Loading the player...
  • @runningoncookies oh having an afternoon to get caught up sounds amazing! Enjoy the peace and quiet with no students!
  • @bows22 I have this weird internalized shame about the concept of buying pregnancy tests in person. I remember buying them a couple times in college and being so embarrassed that even now as a 31 year old married woman actively TTC I feel like I would be embarrassed. I think I need to go pick up some FRERs in person so I can get over my hang up! 

@runningoncookies Afternoons to get caught up are amazing. I’m glad you get some free time.

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 23/8

Timing: -3, -1, O, +1

Typical LP length: unknown

Testing: not until Saturday

R/R: I don’t know if this is a rant, rave, or admission of guilt, but yesterday I was feeling unusually lightheaded, and almost convinced myself to test. Because clearly 7DPO with afternoon urine on a wondfo was likely to be accurate. Ugh, I’m a crazy person and I freely admit it. For so many reasons I just want to press fast forward to the weekend! 

CS/Q: nothing new

• @bows22 🤣🤣🤣🤣 If it makes you feel any better, the FRER’s at my target yesterday had a $2 off coupon stuck to them so there is a possibility you might save money by pilgriming it to a brick and mortar! Lol. I feel you on the benefit of work distracting you from testing. Work was super super slow for me yesterday and I basically drove myself crazy thinking about why AF hasn’t shown up yet. 😒 praying it will pick up for me today. 
    @runningoncookies hurray for a half day! I hope you have a great productive day.

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 32/16

Timing: -1, +2

Typical LP length: 🤷🏽‍♀️

Testing: all the BFNs

R/R: So, still no sign of AF and I spent most of yesterday talking myself out of symptom spotting. I exhaust myself. I tested again this morning just because and it was stark white again. Is it horrible that I’ve now transitioned to wondering if my internet cheapies are just ineffective? I bought FRER last night and my plan is that if there’s still no sign of AF by tomorrow AM then I will test with that because I have plans to go out with some gf’s and drink tomorrow night and I just want to be sure. On the bright side if not KU then I can drink all weekend because I also have a date with MH on Sat. Lol. 

CS/Q: no questions really, unless someone has experience with Mommed hcg sticks that they want to share with me? 

• @fitzfizz omg yes!!!! When I went to grab some at target last night I literally felt as if I were a teen again, and was actually nervous about buying them! I was like.... no big deal, at least they have self check out now so no one will see! I was waiting in line at the self check out when the woman from the customer service counter started saying “ma’am! ma’am!” And waiving me over. I had an internal oh shit moment like I was caught! 🤣
  • @bows22 Come on Amazon, you have one job! Hope the convo with your boss goes well.

@runningoncookies Yay for a productive afternoon and being able to knock out stuff at work instead of home.

@fitzfizz I’m impressed you avoided testing. FX the lightheadedness is an early symptom!

@krystrist2014 Sorry about the BFN, I have never heard of Mommed, FX for the FRER tomorrow.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 18/3 (?)

Timing: -1, O, +1 if FF is right

Typical LP length: 10

Testing: No idea when but not soon

R/R: I finished my annoying project yesterday so can somewhat coast into the weekend! I’m a little bummed Valentines Day is during the TWW though, would be nice to have a glass of wine with dinner on Saturday when we go out but I probably won’t now.

CS/Q: FF says I go here now but I am not totally convinced I am O+3, I think I may have just ovulated yesterday, which would make the BD timing better. But I guess there’s no point in worrying about it now.

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @bows22 We're back together!!!!!! <3<3<3 Also, why in the world will Amazon not let you buy FRERs?! Get it together, Amazon!

@runningoncookies FX for a productive afternoon!

@fitzfizz Ugh SO hoping for a BFP for you!!!!! But I think you're right to hold off until the weekend, because BFNs suck. Also, at this point I think my local Walgreens is like WTF is up with this lady - I've had to buy so much TTC stuff in person, it's absurd. 

@krystrist2014 Ugh so sorry about the BFNs! I'm clearly not an expert in getting a BFP, but I did a lot of research on the cheapies, and the consensus I saw was that they're pretty much just as sensitive as FRERs, but I did focus on Wondfos - not sure about Mommed. 

@legallykate Sorry about the lack of O consensus! FWIW, I'm pretty much in the school of "drink til it's pink" but I know not everyone feels that way. I would not feel the slightest bit guilty about a glass of Valentine's Day wine! <3 Think about it this way - even if O was CD15, there's no way any implantation would even have happened yet! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @legallykate I agree with @mvt2003 re drink till it’s pink! I say you have that wine! 
    @mvt2003 so happy to see you over here! Crossing all the tings for you to have a great embryo count!! Also, I agree with you that everything out there says that internet cheapies have the same sensitivity level. I’m just grasping at straws because there are a few reviews out there on amazon from ladies showing that the tests showed - while an FRER or CB gave them a +. One review even said that the company emailed her and offered her $30 to take down her review. Of course they also have lots of good reviews and people showing they got positives with the tests so really, I am probably just reaching here. 
  • @kpearse99 yes, mind games is definitely the right term for it! I’m sorry you’re still WFAF too!!! Your valentines plans sound awesome! I’m doing Galentines with my friends tomorrow! Gonna watch Little Women and eat and drink! 😁
  • @krystrist2014 I can't wait to see that movie!!!!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @mvt2003 Yayyy 9 fertilized!!!!
  • @mvt2003 woohoo 9!! Bring on the Jurassic Park gif 😆
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 We've started casually discussing what we would do for any announcement in the future, and my vote is a onesie that says Life Finds A Way. :D 

MH wants to hire a rando celeb on Cameo. :D:D:D:D:D 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Month/Cycle: 5/2(AL)

CD/DPO: 20/2

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0

Typical LP Length: Roughly 12 days 

Testing: No

R/R: My neck is feeling much better from yesterday so that’s good. I’m actually looking forward to going to work today as we have a lot of fun things planned and it will be a very funny day filled with lots of belly laughs 😆 Should be interesting.

CS/Q: Nothing 

@bows22 yay glad you had a productive day yesterday. Hope you have another one of those days today too.GL with your chat with your boss today.

@kpearse99 sorry AF is being confusing for you and sorry for your negative beta test. I hope you enjoy tonight with your close friends and have lots of fun. 

@mvt2003 yay 17 eggs. FX for a good fertilization report. Come on Embryos. Sorry your sore and swollen. I hope that fades soon. Sending all the positive vibes your way ❤️ 

@legallykate sorry your confused which day you O’d. Yay to finishing your annoying project. 

@runningoncookies yay for half a day of work. Enjoy your afternoon getting things done. 

@fitzfizz sorry you were feeling lightheaded yesterday. Hope your feeling better today. 

@krystrist2014 Sorry AF still hasn’t showed up. I hope she shows up soon. Enjoy your night out with your gf’s tomorrow night and your date night with YH. Enjoy those drinks. 
  • *lurking* @krystrist2014 I have used Mommed internet cheapies (OPKs and HCG kit) for over a year and I'm pretty sure they require either 25 or 50 mIU/ML of HCG to turn a positive. That is much higher than a FRER, which is around 6.1 mIU/ML of HCG, which can be maddening when you're in the TWW. I hope this helps, and FX you have better clarity with a FRER!
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @babyodo thanks girl! I went back and looked at info on amazon and they are 25mIU. I think I saw some very light spotting when I went to the bathroom just now so I’m thinking I’m out this cycle. But I will definitely be keeping that in mind for future cycles! I am hoping to avoid wasting money on fancy tests. Haha. My plan was to only use an FRER to confirm a + from a cheapie. 
  • **lurking** 

@mvt2003 yay for 9 fertilized!! I am crossing everything for you!!! 💜
  • Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 28/11

Timing: okay

Typical LP length: 11-12

Testing: WFAF, i thought she was coming today, but nothing yet.  

R/R: We got all the paperwork signed to be under contract for a house.  So we can sorta check that off the list.  New job, new house, okay now on to TTC?

CS/Q: 

@fitzfizz. Me too on the internal shame.  I am like look at all this other stuff I bought.  Wait there are pregnancy tests at the bottom of that pile.  I also had that crazy instinct yesterday to test in the middle of the afternoon.  Hoping the best for you!

@mvt2003 Yay!!!  Fingers crossed for you.

@krystrist2014.  I normally don't drink during the TWW, but do eat sushi and lunch meat and all the tasty things.  Last time AF showed up, I drank three glasses of wine on a school night after not drinking for 18months.  My husband was like I guess you are not pregnant and tomorrow is gonna suck for you.  Wishing good news for you!

• @fitzfizz I am a frequent participant in the “maybe i ovulated earlier and I’m really 10 dpo” game. Which is usually followed by the “maybe i ovulated later and when I tested before I was only 5 dpo” game. No need to be ashamed haha!

@krystrist2014 target is probably where I will go so mine better have a coupon too! I hope your cheapies just suck!

@legallykate I agree with everyone else that you are good to have a glass (or two!) or wine that early in the TWW. I also think with a couple more
    high temps, FF may move your CH. 

@mvt2003 so glad you’re in the TWW and that everything is going so well!! I don’t know what’s going on with amazon. I keep getting an error when I try to add to my cart, even when I tried it on my computer. 

@kpearse99 I hope AF comes soon so that you can get this unicorn cycle going!

@mindyb2019 glad your neck is feeling better! DH has been having problems with sleeping funny and his neck hurting lately and I feel really bad for him!

@dobiemom11 congrats on the house!
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 17/2

Timing: decent, -5, -3

Typical LP length: it varies and drives me crazy. Usually long.

Testing: waiting until 8dpo 

R/R: I don't know how to easily tag y'all on my phone but I'm cheering for everyone, I promise. I love how everyone here is trusting the process and finding humor in the craziness. It's refreshing to see you handle a potentially stressful situation with Grace and matter of fact attitudes. Hopefully being able to do that here spills over into your real lives.

11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020