September 2020 Moms

WTF 2/12

Re: WTF 2/12

• WTF, Why am I still throwing up at 11w 2d?! I ate breakfast, coughed a little too hard because of the cold I'm getting over, and it was all over. Hello breakfast; nice to see you again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Why the hell does brushing my teeth have to be such a struggle!? I just want to mask the metallic taste with mint, but also to not violently wretch into the sink while trying to brush. Also, I would like to be able to clean my ears again! I weirdly have a gag reflex in my right ear and that combined with the nausea makes it impossible to clean them.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • WTF to MHs second cousin. She saw DS at the funeral and then just randomly picked him up without asking, pinched his cheek really hard, and stole his pacifier from his mouth (he doesn't normally have it during the day but it kept him quiet). DS is 20 months and this is the first time that happened
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • edited February 2020
    @Louise_Belcher I can barely brush my teeth with out gagging the whole time. That’s so interesting about your ear reflex though!!

@mflowers929 omg I would’ve been so mad, who just picks up a child?? I’m assuming you don’t see this person very often either? So not okay of her!

my WTF is that my dog is randomly barking towards the kitchen and I have no idea why. Creeping me out. 
  • @greyl nope. I think I've maybe met her twice in the 14 years H and I have been together (he's not big on family). DS had been so good and quiet for over an hour but he was starting to get wiggly so I was taking him for a walk and he was just walking with me holding my hand and she stopped me and picked him up. I was like "ummm, what?" The only thing I can think to blame it on is the fact that they're like super back country people (seriously. H was related to half of his graduating class)
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 oh geez yeah that’s probably it! I feel like some people just think it’s okay because you’re “family” but she’s pretty much a stranger and I would feel really uncomfortable if someone I didn’t know very well just picked up my kid and was touching them. I was at carmax a month ago and a guy was there with his baby on his lap and some older woman just came up to him and started touching the baby’s face and both H and I were thinking ummmm wtf??? 
  • @greyl yeah, she's just lucky that he's such a chill kid 😠 and that she caught me off guard
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @greyl yeah the dog barking at the kitchen would freak me out too!  :#

WTF to a former customer of mine. We were kinda close when I worked my old job and then when I changed roles/dept/geographical territory he got suuuuper clingy and it weirded me out. I couldn’t deal so I ghosted him. Didn’t block him on Facebook, but I never responded to his interactions & never said a word about it to anyone other than DH bc the guy is still a customer of my company. 2 years later he’s messaged me on Facebook and texted me (I have a new number btw) within 30 min of each other asking if we can grab lunch at a regional trade show we are both usually at. I luckily won’t be there this year but damn guy, read the signs!!!!
  • @corngirl Oof! That is putting off some hardcore creeper vibes! Not cool!

@greyl People touching babies' faces is so cringy!! My mom took my son's out to a shop once when my youngest was carriable, they were maybe 1 and 2.5. One of the grandma aged shop workers was chatting with my mom and she touched DS2's foot and leg while saying he was so cute (given the context not inappropriate at all). DS1 got mad that she was touching his brother and told her "look with you eyes not you hands".  :D He may hear that a lot in the shops. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Louise_Belcher omg my grandmother used to tell us “you see with your eyes not your hands” all the time!!!  :D Your son ftw!