Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 2/12

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Wednesday 2/12

• Month/Cycle: 15/16 including 2 benched. 

CD/DPO: 23/8

Timing: -4, -2 , -1, O, + 1

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: For a reality check if I start getting hopeful 

R/R: I haven’t gotten much done at work the past 2 days. One of the guys on this audit with me has pretty much asked nonstop questions and doesn’t understand our software even though he has been at our firm for a year. It’s driving me bananas, but I sent him back to the office so that I can hopefully have a productive day. Except that I’ll be stalking @mvt2003!

CS/Q:

• @bows22 Good luck with your productive day! 

Also @mvt2003 Good luck today! I hope it all goes very smoothly.

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 22/7

Timing: good

Typical LP length: unknown

Testing: holding out for the weekend (10 or 11 DPO) because I don’t know how I could handle either option on a work day

R/R: **TW annoying PG announcements rant**

I have seen at least 3 pregnancy announcements on Facebook this week with some variation of a king cake and “we got the baby!” Like, at least be original!

CS/Q: I think I finally have enough high temps that even my silly anxious brain believes I ovulated

• Loading the player...
  • @fitzfizz I’m trying to decide when to test too. I don’t want to! But if I hold off too long my hope builds up too much. Ugh. Your chart looks great though!
  • krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited February 2020
    @bows22 wishing you a very productive day! 
    @fitzfizz ew, that sounds like the cheesiest announcement too. 

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 31/15

Timing: -1, +2

Typical LP length: 🤷🏽‍♀️

Testing: all the BFNs 

R/R: So apparently I’m staying here longer than expected this go round. My cycle has been pretty consistently 30 days but apparently we’re changing it up this time! I was expecting spotting yesterday and AF start by morning today but I got nothing so far. Of course this doesn’t help the irrational hopefulness so naturally I tested again this AM and I swear this one was even more stark white than Monday. I need to try to chill because being annoyed isn’t going to make AF show. 

CS/Q: I got nothin’

Edited because AF came out as fl... 🧐

• @krystrist2014 when AF doesn’t arrive as expected I always take a Hail Mary test too. I’m sorry it’s taking its good old time. I hope today ends up being the day!
  • Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 27/10

Timing: okay

Typical LP length: 11-12

Testing: thought strongly about it today, but didn't this morning.  Just started spotting, so AF is on her way!

R/R:  We  signed all the paperwork to buy a house this morning, so we are now under contract (as long as the seller also signs it).  Back and forth negotiations wasnt terrible, so hopefully in a month we will be closing.  Here is hoping we don't run into any issues. 

CS/Q: Just an OPK question for next cycle.  Normally I stop once I see one strong positive, but don't keep testing until I see a negative.  Should I be doing that or just take the positive as an O?  (I know a few days before that the line isn't strong, so I wait until I get one about the same strength as the control).

Good luck everyone today!  Just trying to make it through this week!

• @dobiemom11 keep taking them! You could have multiple surges. Are you temping to confirm O?
  • edited February 2020

Disregard.... AF showed up 😒

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 31/14

Timing: -3,-2,-1

Typical LP length: 14 days?... See below

Testing: bfn yesterday on a easy@home and 88 cent cheapie. If AF doesn't show today, ill test again tomorrow

R/R:  its dreary here in TX and I am tired with nothing to do at work besides watch Downton Abby

CS/Q: if my chart says my period is due today which is 14dpo... Does that mean I have a 13 day LP or 14 day LP???

• Month/Cycle: 5/2(AL)

CD/DPO: 19/1

Timing: -4, -2,-1, 0

Typical LP Length: Roughly 12 days 

Testing: Nope. No interest 

R/R: I’m soooo happy to finally be over in TWW 😁  Felt forever and I’ve used like 20+ OPKS because I O’d late and this has been a weird confusing cycle. I have to work tonight which kinda sucks as I hate working an evening shift and having to lounge around at home on the couch and wait and then go into work for 1pm this afternoon. I get lazy and don’t want to go anywhere lol I hope the evening flies by fast. I also slept funny the other night and really kinked my neck so i look and feel stiff. It hurts to move or turn my head and it shoots down my back too. I’m hoping it goes away soon. 

CS/Q: None. Don’t temp 

@bows22 Sorry you haven’t gotten much done at work the past couple days. That sucks and is annoying when someone keeps bothering you. Hopefully you can get some work done.

@fitzfizz sorry for all the annoying PG announcements lately. That way of announcing sounds really lame 🤨 lol

@krystrist2014 Sorry for the BFN. :( I do hope AF shows up for you soon. 

@dobiemom11 so sorry AF is on her way. FX next cycle is yours. yay to signing the paperwork for the new house. Congratulations!! That’s an exciting time. Hoping everything goes well and smoothly for you and it closes soon. With OPKs I usually just stop after I get my peak(strong positive) and know that I O and that has worked fine for me. I usually don’t keep testing afterwards until I see a negative but this cycle I have decided to do that for some reason. Maybe I was curious cause it was a wonky off cycle for me lol I tested again this morning and it’s definitely going down so my LH surge is over so I know I did O.  It’s up to you if you want to keep testing. everyone is different. After I O I just track other things like CM and watch my body etc and I know that I O’d so I don’t waste the OPKS. Good Luck! 

• @dobiemom11 I stop after I get a blazing, darker than the control, positive. But I agree with @krystrist2014 that you could have multiple surges. I did once get a positive (as dark as control), then it got much lighter, the blazing the next day. If you’re temping you could probably stop as long as you are going to DTD until you get CH.

@legendairymomma if today is your CD 1 then your LP would be 13 days!

@mindyb2019 welcome to the TWW! I hope your neck is feeling better!
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 30/ 5 DPO

Timing: -5, -4,-3, -2, -1, O, +1 , +2 , +3 

Typical LP length: Don't know

Testing: BFN last night even though it was way too early, I know 

R/R: Was using OPKs from amazon AND Clear Blue Digital OPK. According to Clear Blue, high fertility (high estrogen) for 9 days. Did not hit peak (solid smiley) until day 24 of my cycle... amazon OPK confirmed. My cycle is pretty much around 29-32 days so ovulating so late is a bit concerning. Supposed to get AF tomorrow (or soon) don't really feel PMS but that is probably in my head. Only 5 DPO but AF is due? Wondering if ovulating so late in cycle is going to make conception difficult. 

• @mindyb2019 and @legendairymomma and @bows22. I haven't been temping and have only been using the OPKs for a couple months now.  I noticed that someone kept getting positives day after day which got me thinking maybe I was calling O too early.  (It might have been @mindyb2019).  

TW: pregnancy 
    After all the amazing stories of how easy it is to get pregnant, never thought I would need OPKs and certainly not temping.  So I didn't do too much research with it.  But this is a lot harder than I thought!  

@mindyb2019 I hear you on the late starts.  My old job started at 4pm and I just sat around trying to be productive with one eye on the clock.  I would rather just get up and go.  But you can all remind me of that tomorrow with my super early start time!
  • Knottie...
    Not tagging you because you didnt change your name. Your LP is a steady number so if you Od late, your LP will remain the same and push your period back. Also, calm down... Its literally impossible to get a positive at 5dpo. 
    I am confused how you don't know your LP length if its your 4th cycle trying. 
  • @fitzfizz that sounds so annoying, def agree that that’s a corny way to announce too 

@mindyb2019 weird cycles are the worst, I feel you on the high OPK use this month lol! Hope your neck feels better!

@dobiemom11 I usually keep testing until the positive OPK fades, last cycle and this cycle I got two positives in a row, then it fades. This month I had a wonky cycle though where I had a surge but didn’t O, then surged and O’d about a week later so I had started testing again when my temps didn’t go up.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 35/ 5-7

Timing: ranging between good and not great depending when I actually O’d

Typical LP length: 12ish

Testing: probably Saturday even though it’s way early

R/R: I felt so foggy all day today! Been trying to lay off the caffeine a little bit, but probably would’ve benefited from a cup of coffee this morning. Happy to finally see the sun today, even if it was cloudy by the time I got out for a run. Still felt great to be outside!

CS/Q: nothing new

• Month/Cycle: 1/1
    CD/DPO: 16/1
    Timing: 3 days before O - not great but we kind of wanted to sit this cycle out and start next month since my last cycle was 72 days long, which is a first for me.
    Testing: way too early, will wait until AF is late
    R/R: I'm new here. Intro'ed there weeks ago and probably did it wrong. I didn't post on WTO this cycle because I was struggling with depression symptoms. Chiropractor recommended adding L-theanine to my regimen and it has helped significantly. I'm so excited about it! Usually the day after O my hormones have me all weepy, but today has been great!

@knottie3c0525a8a3c64eaa if you ovulated late, AF isn't technically due. Since you don't know your LP length, your best bet is to make your "due date" (for AF) 14 days after O. Late ovulation shouldn't be an issue for getting pregnant unless it happens every cycle and then it could signal a problem and you might want to tell your doctor. You were probably just stressed/eating different/exercising more - a million things can delay O.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • @BLuvsE. Hey- welcome to the group.  I wanted to point out that is also a thread to talk about mental health check-ins.  This thread is for the whole month, but normally people check in once a week or so (so hopefully it isn't buried too far in the list of threads).  Feel free to pop over there if you want some extra mental health support!  The ladies are super encouraging!  Of course you are welcome to jump in on all the other threads as well.   
  • Thanks @dobiemom11 ! I read through a couple posts but didn't jump in yet. Maybe I will soon! Thanks for the encouragement.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020