Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 2/10

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What dessert do you order most often? 
me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 2/10

• Loading the player...
  • @mvt2003 - Yayyyy! So excited for you! I just made sure my house was clean beforehand, so that I could relax for a few days without stressing about the need to vacuum the floors lol

@nitnat007 - Ughh go away winter! I'm so ready for warm sunny weather! Where is your DH?
  • @inthewoods23 Thanks friend! I hope so. I just kept crying yesterday, the hormones are kicking my butt right now. I truly could not face another tummy shot, everything is so bruised and hurting. Definitely had a pity party for myself! I'm so sorry you're struggling, please know I am here with you, sending you so much strength. 

• @inthewoods23 - The doctor called me and tried to explain it better, but said this is a little different from the biopsy they would do alongside the ERA test, however it will still test for endometritis. This best explains what he said and the reasons for the longer PIO:

"The endometrial biopsy is usually performed one to four days prior to menstruation. In a woman with a 28-day cycle, it is usually scheduled for days 24-26. The tissue is evaluated by a pathologist who will "date" the tissue according to an ideal menstrual cycle. The lining is considered "in-phase" if the progesterone is in a certain range and the lining has thickened to the degree expected on a particular day of the cycle. A biopsy that is "out of phase" suggests a lag in the growth of the lining and an inability of the endometrium to support an early pregnancy. "

He tried to dumb it down for me and said that the ultrasounds can only tell them the thickness of the lining, but this test can tell them the quality of the lining and if it is still good even though its thinner? Idk, I'm just going to go along for the ride and hope something comes back as abnormal lol

• @feather_heather Hope the biopsy gets you some answers! 

@mvt2003 Yay for the trigger! GL for the ER! 

@nitnat007 I definitely do not miss the days of digging my car out of snow/ice! 

@pom9207 yay for your body responding the the cabergoline. Hopefully you can find the right dosage. GL on the day 6 check! 

@bluetickgal Sorry for the failed cycle, but it is good to hear you got the green light to step it up to IUI. My RE has said an IUI improves our chances of a positive by 5%. Not sure if that is across the board, but every little bit helps! 

@emeraldduchess It ain’t over until the fat lady (or af in this case) sings! Hope in the least maybe the lack of spotting before 14dpo means your headed in the right direction! 

@kpearse99 Creepy internet hugs! Way to go for looking at the positive! I wish you a month of feeling fabulous, refreshed, and encouraged! 

@inthewoods23 I hope this new therapist appointment works out! Barely surviving does not sound like a good state to be in. Is there someone IRL you can reach out to? 
  • @kpearse99 So many hugs, friend. I'm glad you're feeling ok, I'm thinking a small reset will be helpful overall. It will be so nice for your body to feel like your own again!!! <3 

@emeraldduchess I'm so sorry about the BFN, sending you so many hugs. 

@bluetickgal I'm so sorry about the BFN! <3<3<3 I will say, I was incredibly nervous about the shots process of IVF, but overall, it's been ok. I ice before MH injects, and as long as I've kept the ice there long enough I rarely feel it. 

@ramzlau Go away, cyst!!!!! Hoping you can stop BC soon!

@pom9207 Hooray for stims!!! I didn't do Menopur, but I can say I did have some experiences where the shots just felt different from night to night. A couple of times, especially earlier in the stim cycle, the Gonal-F kind of burned. And I did bleed a couple of times too - it seemed to be random. 

• @mvt2003 yayyyy so excited for you!! I can’t wait to hear how many follies they get and how many fertilize! 

@kpearse99 I’m so glad you’re feeling better love! Use your month off to spend time with hubby and relax 🙂

@emeraldduchess work is always a cluster for me too!! 

@bluetickgal I’m doing my first IUI this cycle! We can be Iui buddies lol

Diagnosis (if you've been): boarderline PCOS

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): CD2 waiting for testing

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): sonohystogram in the next few days as well as baseline ultrasound, beginning femara and monitoring, then hopefully IUI #1!! 

How are things going?: good! School is stressing me out, but I’ll get over it lol. I’m excited to start out next step.

Any questions?: nope

GTKY: What dessert do you order most often?

cheesecake 🤤
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• @kiki047 I'm so glad you're feeling better, friend. And SO excited AF showed her face! Are you still on target for the scheduled scratch? So far, I've only taken Wednesday off, but I'll just text my bosses if I need an additional day or so. I can also WFH if necessary. I pretty much only do Gatorade Zero, do you think that would solve the sweetener issue? I'll definitely grab some coconut water too tonight! I have personally seen the power of electrolytes in helping eliminate bloat, so I may use some of my powdered electrolytes too! 

• @kiki047 thanks for the trigger insight! I’m so sorry AF was so delayed and the BFN hit you guys so hard! 💜 I hope this next cycle will be normal and keep everything on track for your FET cycle, and that it won’t end up interfering with your event after all!  
  • @mvt2003 according to the nurse the scratch can happen at any point in my cycle so that's still good to go for next Thurs. I'm kinda hoping that maybe by prodding my ute it'll suddenly remember it's supposed to be doing something and maybe AF won't take her sweet ass time :lol: wishful thinking? But yes Gatorade Zero should be good, I drank G2 diluted with water. 
    @bluetickgal I don't usually POAS but I was getting to the point where I was like 6 days "late" from when AF usually/should have showed and it was driving MH nuts that maybe there was another reason I was late. I didn't think I was but he just had to know. Ugh. But we're back on track for the FET so he's feeling better about that at least.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 I realize FET is more intense, but my RE just says no core work, no squats, no lifting, and no running, after IUI for 2 weeks, but encourages me to walk. I would think that working the show a few days after your FET shouldn't be a problem. I would just make sure to take sitting breaks occasionally. But maybe double check with RE? 

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies! Thur can't get here fast enough!
  • @bluetickgal oh yessss! All the cheesecake! And that’s what we did, hubs and I, gave it one good old HS try before moving forward with IUI. For me AF arrived yesterday and Today i was like, oh man I need tampons and he freaked out and was like “omg when did you start bleeding?! Did you call and tell the drs office” I’m like yes babe, take it down a notch. lol he’s so nervous about the whole baby making thing, it’s kind of cute. 
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• @whitealbum29 I agree 100%, I think the numbness is definitely a defense mechanism. BTW I have a recipe for an insanely delicious chocolate peanut butter pie if you want it. 
    @bluetickgal fx that this last TI cycle is it for you! 

@mvt2003 good luck today, friend!!

• @abarr723 it’s definitely sweet that he’s so invested! Fingers crossed this is your cycle!
    @whitealbum29 I don’t thing a trigger shot has to be used, but is most of the time to get timing just right! Sorry for the fight with your friend...I hope he gets over it soon!! 
    @emeraldduchess thanks friend!! 💜
    @mvt2003 thinking of you this morning!! Best of luck for an easy ER that results in lots of little eggies!! 

• @kiki047 It's about time AF arrived! Geeez!!!! She took her sweet old time and really played mind games with you guys. I'm sorry she's a B!!! I think it's reassuring, indeed, that you don't need to O for the FET but I agree, I would feel like it wasn't natural either. They know what they are talking about though!

@whitealbum29 What is wrong with people that they have to do things like that??!! Come on! So you disagree with someone, it doesn't mean you stop talking.... ugh, I'm sorry about that!! And I agree, Feb. is flying by!!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @mvt2003 wonderful news!! 💜 I hope you have a nice relaxing day and the soreness isn’t too bad! I can’t wait to hear your next update! 
  • @mvt2003 Yayyyy so excited for you!!!
  • @mvt2003 woohoo,17 eggs! Glad to hear you are feeling okay

@ramzlau good luck with the ultrasound tomorrow! Go away, cyst...

@abarr723 yay excited for you to start IUI!

@kiki047 Thanks friend! That comforts me a lot. Good to know that I am not the only one bleed/bruise from menopur... Hope the mock transfer/endo scratch goes smoothly and the FET timeline works in your favor.

@whitealbum29 hopefully you can get started with additional testings soon!

@kpearse99 thank you friend! Thinking of you too <3
    TTC #1
    *TW*
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    Married: 09/16
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    IUI #1 #2 #3 with letrozole cancelled 
    Natural cycle IUI #4 10/19 BFN
    First RE visit 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#5 11/19 BFN
    Elevated prolactin dx confirmed 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#6 cancelled

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20
    32R 19M 14F 7B 7 PGT-A normal
    Hysteroscopy to remove polyps 3/20
    FET 05/20 BFP! beta #1 9dp6dt 443.8; beta #2 11dp6dt 1212
    Baby has a heartbeat! 6w5d HB 128

• @bluetickgal I hate needles too! MH did all my needles for both rounds of IVF. I think I could probably handle them if I needed to. The needles are small. It is the PIO shots that I think would be impossible for me to handle alone. Glad that you and YH were able to talk about the plans to move forward and are able to agree. 

@kiki047 I know that AF arriving was tough for you, but it does mean you are able to move forward with your FET now and hopefully won't cause any issues with all your plans. Let me know if you hear anything from your RE on exercise etc post FET. I am curious too. They have not said anything to me and I have assumed that it was business as usual. Go back to work and carry on. But I did some reading last night which now is making me think twice. I was hoping to not have to skip anymore time teaching at the gym. 

@whitealbum29 Right?! My parents are in Costa Rica and my sister is in Bali.....so really? Why am I here again? lol. Sorry about your friend. Some people do take politics too far. 

@mvt2003  Whoop Whoop!!! That is amazing! Thrilled to hear your update and have everything crossed for your next one.  <3
  • @nitnat007 OMG your parents and sister know how to do life!! We were just in Costa Rica for Christmas, in Jaco visiting friends! What a cool country.
  • @mvt2003 wow 17 eggs, way to go ovaries! FX for good fert report! 

@inthewoods23 haha okay, I understand being dramatic. I hope it all does slow down for you though!