September 2020 Moms

Week 3 Check-in 2/10

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 3rd week of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose? (Stole this from week 4 because I like it! 😘)

Re: Week 3 Check-in 2/10

• edited February 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 9/20 it’s almost Tuesday so I’m going to say 8+2!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out at A/S

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: 3/9 (NT scan) and 3/11 (regular visit)

How are you feeling? Better. But still not 100%. My boobs don’t really hurt except my nips are very sensitive and I don’t like them being touched. H says the boobs are bigger though. My nausea is definitely the worst when I haven’t eaten and at night. I’m tired so much. It’s 9 and I’ve been ready for bed since 8. I get winded easily. The usual. 

Raves/Rants: sorry this is a novel so putting in spoiler
    rave: in-laws are being very supportive and we have started talking about possibly moving back to OR before baby. Am I crazy? Yes but our lease is up before the baby is due so we won’t really have much of a choice if we want to move this year. Another rave: I’ve been worried about my blood pressure but my mom sent me a cuff and it was normal when I checked it! A lot lower than at the office so I’m stoked. Also all my labs came back normal except for vitamin D so I’m very happy. 
    Rant: H is being a butt today. He really doesn’t understand that I really feel like crud sometimes. And right now he’s pissed because he wanted me to go to the store to get ingredients so he could make dinner. However I started feeling sick and never went (while he was napping) so I made myself some noodles knowing I wouldn’t want what he was planning on making anyway. He woke up and got all weird about his “plan” being messed up. Like go to the store yourself if you don’t want to find something to eat!!! Now he’s ignoring me.
    Questions: I’ve heard of people moving in 3rd tri but has anyone here done it? Would be a drive across the country end of July .... that’s cutting it so close and to find a new midwife that late? Idk. 
    * Edit...Was a half asleep when I did this last night? Forgot my EDD and the GTKY... 
    GTKY: definitely would live in middle earth. Love LOTR and the hobbit. 
  • This is the group check in for those of us due during the 3rd week of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 9/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound tomorrow!

How are you feeling? Good other than insanely bloated

Raves/Rants: rant. This mobile app is driving me crazy! Finally have access today but haven’t for weeks. I don’t ever go on my laptop. 

Questions: none

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose? Harry Potter universe would be cool
  • Loading the player...
  • @greyl That's rough with your H, but also sounds like typical early pregnancy fights.  DH and I got in a fight the other day over absolutely nothing, and he got so mad he threw his own car keys across the parking lot. We're fine now lol.

EDD/weeks+days: 8 weeks + something (I don't really keep track!)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  hoping for pink

Baby is the size of a(n):  oh gosh I haven't looked! this 4th pregnancy thing lol

Upcoming appointments: Just had one, so the next one isn't for four weeks

How are you feeling?  Still ROUGH with nausea and just generally awful-ness.  I've also been burping nonstop. I don't remember this symptom from my last pregnancies! Fortunately the burping relieves the nausea?  I feel like a 14 year old boy with the amount of burping that's happening right now.

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose? (Stole this from week 4 because I like it! 😘) Oh man what a great question! I feel like I would answer this differently every day depending on my mood.  But definitely something high fantasy with magic and swords.  Lord of the Rings type. But not LOTR, too many dudes and not enough women.
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!

• EDD/weeks+days: 9/21  8w+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We are team green this time! I'm not sure how I'll survive the suspense!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: I had my first appointment today! We saw our lil nugget and heard the heartbeat.

How are you feeling? Good. Hungry.

Raves/Rants: I ordered pizza with extra cheese...and it came out with very light cheese. Mama said EXTRA!!

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose? Oooh I dunno. Outlander is my favorite book, but I'm sure I'd want to live there. There's an awful lot of violence and tragedy.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9.14 - 9 weeks 1 day

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): southern pecan! Which is so funny because yesterday we got a care package from DH's family in central Texas that was just a huge bag of pecans! Where he is from they grow everywhere and they are soooo good and crazy cheap in comparison to buying them up here.

Upcoming appointments: Scheduled for NIPT testing with my high risk doctor on March 6th (I turn 35 the day before) and then i go straight downstairs to my regular doctor right after which is going to be so convenient!!! I get to see the same high risk doctor I saw with my last pregnancy but everything is soooo much easier now that my regular doctor is in the same building. Weirdly enough our pediatrician is in the same building and the place where I will deliver is on the same campus. I love having a one stop shop.

How are you feeling? So sick and tired of being sick and tired but I am in a much better place mentally after my appointment. 

Raves/Rants: I think I raved up there at appointments lol

Questions: Anybody taking b6 and unisom for nausea? My doctor said I should try it and that it was in my ok meds packet but there are no dosage instructions and I have no idea how much to take.

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose? (Stole this from week 4 because I like it! 😘)
    oooh I'm with @balletnerd it would be fun to live in Harry Potter but I'm leaning more towards The Night Circus which is DH and I's favorite book.
  • @beaandthebabes I’m taking it. Different doctors dose differently.  Usually it’s take 25mg b6 three times a day and 1/2 to 1 tablet of unisom ( make sure it’s the tablets not the Gel caps) at bed. I’m taking 50mg twice a day of b6 and 1/2 tab of unisom at night. Don’t think it helps at all but I keep taking it. 
  • edited February 2020
    @dontcallmeshirley1 totally right! It blew over pretty fast I was just so irritated last night it bugged me a lot!! & omg lol!! I just pictured a man chucking his keys and I’m sorry but that sounds funny. I’m glad all is well now!! 
    @hangryhedgehog extra cheese is everything!! I would’ve been so upset.
    @NYTino24 hugs! Rooting so hard for you and your babies. Also love the gtky answer! Sounds like so much fun
  • @greyl I moved a few states away 2 months after baby #1, and then moved across country at beginning of third trimester with baby #2 (told hubby I am not moving again with baby #3).  Neither was fun, but I felt moving before baby was easier than moving with a newborn.  We had a pretty nice relocation package that included packers though, so that definitely helped!

EDD/weeks+days: 8w 3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: will find out at anatomy scan (hoping for a girl this time)

Upcoming appointments:  ultrasound on Thursday then OB visit on 2/26

How are you feeling? on and off.  Today was a pretty good day.  Must days just feel really bloated and get tired much more easily (no more staying up until midnight)

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose?   One of my favorite childhood books--The Last of the Really Great Wangdoodles or The Folk of the Faraway Tree

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    Losses 06/15, 09/15, 02/16
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20

• EDD/weeks+days: 9/13 9w2 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: not finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): southern pecan

Upcoming appointments: 2/26 for genetics and NIPT

How are you feeling? Awful. I have bronchitis and had to go to urgent care for fluid and couldn’t keep anything down for 24 hours. The coughing is making the nausea so much worse. 

Raves/Rants: my husband is a saint. I have been doing almost nothing and he had to wrangle our toddler during the urgent care trip. He does it all with relatively good humor. I’m so lucky to have him. 

Questions: I am struggling both with eating and drinking. Anyone have an idea how much water we should be having.  I feel like I got so behind and I still don’t think I’m drinking enough. I just need to call the doctor I guess. 

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose? (Stole this from week 4 because I like it! 😘)hmmm I’m not much of a fantasy person although I enjoyed LOTR. My favorite books as a child were the Anne of Green Gables series so Maybe those.  It would be fun to be there and part of all the adventures she had. 
  • @Af2013nl thank you! I wish we had a relocation package 😂 the packing is going to be the worst part! I would rather move before but it’s going to depend on a few things. I’m glad other people have done it though!
    @angbaby83 I think my midwife said take your weight and divide it by two and that’s how many ounces they generally like to have you drink a day. For me it’s over what the usual daily rec is. Doubt I’m able to drink that much though. 
  • Hope to come back and comment soon. Really bad morning sickness this week, but I wanted to update :)

EDD/weeks+days: 9w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound tomorrow!

How are you feeling? I had to go to the ER yesterday for vomiting. I couldn't keep down tea and toast. They have me on compazine again. DH is awesome and stayed home today to help with kid 1 since I was still not feeling all here. 

Raves/Rants: I love baths, but if I make the temperature too hot, I cant stay in long. It makes me sad and feels like a waste of water

Questions: Anyone know they're thinking of a CVS or Amnio? The rates for the procedures and risks are really low at this hospital, and I need full genetic teating before or after birth based on family hiatory anyway

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose? (Stole this from week 4 because I like it! 😘) Larklight - Victorian steam punk sci fi in space!
  • @pghren since we are expecting multiples, we can’t do NIPT and will do CVS or amino if
    the NT scans aren’t normal.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • edited February 2020
    @NYTino24 will the babies have their own placentas and sacs? Can they tell that yet? 
  • @pghren I'll have to look up Larklight...sounds interesting

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Late to the party this week, I’ve been lurking but haven’t felt up to posting.

EDD/weeks+days: 9/25, 8+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): 1/2 LEGO brick

Upcoming appointments: 2/17 tomorrow 😊

How are you feeling? Fatigued, traveling this past week didn’t help with getting proper amounts of sleep. I‘m super congested the last couple of days, I think I caught a cold from traveling. No nausea or vomiting but having major food aversions so not eating a whole lot.

Raves/Rants: I hate car shopping! Our lease on minivan is up this month and I need to figure out what we are going to do. I would love to keep it but it needs new tires and if I can get a new van for the same monthly price I would rather go that route. 

GTKY: If you could live in a book/story, which one would you chose? I’ve never been a book reader, unless we are talking about the books I read to my kids 😂
  • @greyl They all have separate sacs and placentas. It’s possible to have identical twins that split very early and are di/di, so that’s what we will find out if we do CVS / amino or at birth.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 oh neat I’m glad to hear that!! That’s awesome that identicals can form their own, will be interesting to find out!