Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 2/10

What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions?

What's a "small win" you have from last week?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 2/10

• Options
    What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?
    Gluten and dairy free diet, improving mental health, including attempts at getting into yoga and maybe meditation

How's everything going?
    Not bad, if you read the mental health thread I have to start over finding a therapist. Much easier the second time around when you know you should check both the insurance website and EAP website to make sure you go with someone who will accept both the free sessions through EAP and are in network otherwise. Got a named picked easy though so just need to call their office and talk to their intake people.

Both work and personal life are super busy this week so I may struggle a bit. I downloaded an app a few weeks ago that's a nice to do list kind of thing and just spending the time to write down even the smallest tasks makes me feel better and more organized with my life. Even though it's not related specifically to any of my goals, it does help keep some anxiety at bay by scheduling myself.

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions?
    I really easily fall off the wagon with getting in the habit of yoga/exercise/meditation. How do you fit that in to keep yourself accountable?

I came out of an anxiety attack pretty quickly on my own last week. Still doing swell on the diet. The meal planning was really helpful in doing that! I didn't meal plan for this week so FX I eat decently.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?  I am working on two different and contradictory goals: eating more veggies and also eating food we already have in the house.  With our eventual move, I just want to eat up all the stuff we already have and start fresh.  

How's everything going? It is going okay on both accounts.  

What has you motivated or struggling this week?  I am super excited to try some new recipes and also fall back on some favorites.  Also brussel sprouts are so amazing!  My parents didn't make them when I was a kid and my husband loves them.  Roast them up nice and put some basalmic vinegar on them.  Yum!

Thinking about going meatless one day a week.  Any recipe ideas?

Last Friday I wasn't sure what we were having for dinner and I really wanted to order something.
    Crazy dairy and gluten warning.
    But I made homemade Mac and cheese.  Not the healthiest, but we did have all the ingredients.  So ultimately a win for one goal.    

@inthewoods23 What app are you using?  That might be super helpful for me with all the different deadlines in my life now.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 we have a Mac and cheese place I love eating at and it makes me so sad I can't eat there now 😢 same with Fazolis, I love their baked spaghetti 😭😆

The app is called Todoist. You get karma points for completing tasks which is probably a silly reward system but it makes me want to write in all the littlest tasks I could possibly do just so I get more points.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week? Drink (much) less work out more!

How's everything going? Far better than I expected.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I have been helped by just having a checklist of what to do each day (Peloton beginner course). 

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? Nothing really, I just need to stay on top of it. I also need to cancel Orange Theory as I'm very happy with the Peloton. DH cancelled his today. 

What's a "small win" you have from last week? That I was actually able to keep up with the classes. I didn't think I would be able to.
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind if I join you over here!

Getting back into the habit of tracking all of my food on MyFitnessPal and hitting my step goal every day.

How's everything going?
    I'm on day 2 and so far so good.

I realized I was within 5 pounds of being back at the weight I started at 3 years ago when I started my first successful weight loss journey. My weight gain has also made my cycles become longer and anovulatory so I'm feeling motivated to get my butt back in gear.

DH, my SIL, and my best friend are all using the same app which helps keep us all accountable and we're all in a Fitbit challenge together too.

Deciding to restart my healthy habits and actually doing it. 
  • Options
    What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week? Still semi-tracking on weight watchers, but have not been great about it lately. Also running and I'm trying to focus this week more on activity than food tracking since I seem to really struggle with doing both. 

How's everything going? No weight loss in 2 weeks, so not ideal, but I have been feeling more in shape with the increased activity. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? People keep bringing king cakes in to work, so the temptation has been strong, and I have given in several times.

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? Don't send any more king cake to my office for the love of all things holy!

What's a "small win" you have from last week? I ran 5 times including my 5 mile Sunday run, and it didn't feel terrible!

@inthewoods23 I'm happy for you that you are making progress toward seeing a therapist, I hope it is really helpful for you. Out of curiosity, are you noticing any big health/symptom changes with being gluten and dairy free? I haven't gone full dairy or gluten free, but I have noticed when I focus on mainly eating fruits and vegetables I feel so much better in general. 

@dobiemom11 I feel the same way about brussel sprouts! I grew up thinking I hated them because my parents did and they used to tell us we didn't like sprouts. It wasn't until about 3-4 years ago I finally tried them and I love them. I roast them with some fancy flavored balsamic vinegars (fig balsamic and an apple balsamic are my favorites) I bought in Oregon and it is amazing. Really any vegetable roasted until crispy with a little olive oil and a flavored balsamic comes out amazing. 

@willashbaby I am still unreasonably jealous of your peloton ownership. And I am with you on drinking less. Not that I drink excessively, but I usually have 1 drink most days and I do not need the extra calories. I am currently in the TWW though, so I am using that as some good motivation not to drink. 

@gingermama29 Yay for starting back down a healthy path! And it sounds like you have some good motivation which is always helpful. 

• Options
    @fitzfizz. My mom is sending a king cake to my house tomorrow.  We are meeting friends for game night on Saturday and I am like can I bring half a cake to the event.  Realistically I am hoping there is at least half to bring...but it does kinda kill the fun of trying to find the naked plastic baby in it if it is all cut up.  

@willashbaby. I had to give up alcohol with some medications I was taking, so I got out of the habit of drinking.  Then I got off the meds and was like well I don't really need to drink.  The last time AF came, I was totally bummed and drank half a bottle of wine on a school night after not drinking for over two years. That was a painful next day!  AF is due again soon, so my goal is to stick to one glass.  Good for you with the exercising!
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 Where is your mom sending it from? Hopefully if you are going to use the calories it is at least a good one! 
  • Options
    @fitzfizz. From a bakery in New Orleans!  She normally sends us one each year, but did ask if we wanted it in light of the more veggies resolution we are working on.  It is such a special cake and only a once a year treat.  

TW pregnancy
    The normal tradition is whoever finds the baby brings the cake the next year.  A friend adapted it and said whoever finds the baby is the next one to have a baby.  Wishing plastic babies on all of us!
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 If she doesn’t have a specific bakery in mind, I had the best king cake I have ever had from a Vietnamese bakery called Dong Phuong. So freaking good! 

...and now I need to go run 5 miles again to make up for the weight I gained just thinking about that...
  • Options
    @fitzfizz. Thanks for the recommendation.  I know she uses a particular bakery that she has used for years.  I just don't know what it is off the top of my head.  My parents used to live near New Orleans before I was born.  Just got the UPS notification that it was out for delivery!
  • Options
    @fitzfizz I was telling my mom about this healthy habits board and your king cake dilemma.  She was like I should join your board, because I am trying to be healthier.  I was like quick distraction needed, so my mother does join a TTGP Healthy Habits board!!  She doesn't know we are TTC.