October 2020 Moms

TW Tuesday 2/11

Who or what is being a TW in your life this week? Rant below!

Re: TW Tuesday 2/11

• The building manager at my office...

They’ve had trouble with the plumbing for years now and each time it gets backed up they have to call someone to snake the lines. Okay, I see how that’s annoying, for sure. 

But his solution after the last time was to send a memo to all the employees in the building about HOW TO WIPE OUR BUTT. I’m not kidding, y’all. It went into detail like: 1. Use a little bit of paper, 2. Flush, 3. Use a little more paper...
  • Not going to lie here... but my DD.  We have been having a hard time with lying and stealing! She told the school yesterday, that I don't feed her breakfast because we can't afford it and she is always rushed.  Uhh we ALWAYS have food.  So my dh woke her up this morning early and they ate breakfast together at 6am.  I got up about 7:15 because I knew she had already ate and I didn't need to make her something.  SHE WAS GONE!!!!!!! She walked to school (3 blocks aways) at 7am, and told the custodians her dad dropped her off! I'm at my Witts end with her. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @tdevlindrye I. AM.DED.  Where I work relies on state funds, so we often have "patches" instead of solving the actual problem.  Our cleaning crew got cut, so trash only goes out two days a week.  We were given guidelines on what to throw out.  If the trash is "clean" they dump it but don't replace the bag.  If it isn't "clean" they take the bag, but we have to put in a new one.  I get that this is totally FWP, but it is still frustrating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tdevlindrye wow. That seems a little too much! Use a bit of paper...lol, I'm dying!
    @Cosmomom129 dang, what a scare! Does she walk to school regularly or did she just take off?? I'm sorry, that is hard to manage. I am so not ready for older kiddos. I feel like I am a much better baby mom than a toddler mom already.
  • @morethanamama I was super scared! She does walk to school regularly. But she doesn’t normally leave till 8... not 7!  She has cross a main road and that terrifies me! I’m just hoping the cross guard was there. 
  • One of my coworkers is a TW. I did an Amazon Prime Now to myself with some stuff to help me get through today (plain popcorn, tea, etc.) WELL HE DIDN'T KNOW MY LAST NAME AND TOLD THE DELIVERY PERSON THERE WAS NO ONE HERE WITH THAT NAME. WTF BRO. 

But my work husband saved the day and got me popcorn and a club soda + bitters, and I'm leaving in a half hour, so I got that going for me. 
  • @dolewhipper I would be furious! That. Is. Not. Okay. 
  • The f*cking Kirby salesman who rang the doorbell which caused my dogs to bark and continue barking until I could get him to leave. My DD was napping and this woke her up. I work full time but on Tuesdays I only work before she wakes up in the morning and while she naps and I need to work another half hour. UGH!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Co worker for me as well. My work provides us with lunch every day and no matter how small of a portion I take this one douchebag always tells at me that I'm taking too much 🙄 he's such a twatwaffle. I take the smallest bit.. I took ONE SINGLE piece of toast and he still yelled at me. I wish he'd quit 😂
  • @tdevlindrye that's frankly horrifying oh my God 😬
  • My husband. He feels like because he works and I'm a SAHM that he isn't responsible for literally anything ever with the kids. Which, whatever it's my job I get it. But lately after he is done working for the day he starts pressuring me to play video games with him. I don't clock off at 5 or something. Kids don't work that way. I'm still responsible for making dinner, making sure the kids eat, cleaning the kids up afterwards (they're 1 and 2 so they're usually pretty messy after dinner) then cleaning the kitchen. And not too long after I finish all that it's time to start getting the kids ready for bed so night diapers, brushing teeth and all that. And my husband is being so incredibly whiney over me doing things with the kids instead of playing the stupid video game with him. But in my mind the only two alternative options here are that he can help me with dinner, cleaning and the kids so I finish faster and have free time to play with him or he can suck it up and be an adult who realizes that our children are more important.  Like, pick one please. I'm just annoyed as hell with the current situation where he leaves me to do everything then sits on the couch browsing reddit while randomly whining and guilt tripping me. And to be fair this week he is off on a work trip so he is just repeatedly calling me like "ready to play yet??" And obviously he can't help because he isn't here. But maybe he could realize it isn't the easiest to juggle the kids completely alone for the entire week and lay off nagging me about the video game. FFS.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria sounds like mama needs a week off without the kids. Hell, a weekend. I did that and my husband QUICKLY realized how much I do with our daughter. 
  • My MIL told one of my husband’s good friends that we’re pregnant. We’re only 6 weeks and not telling everyone yet; plus it’s OUR exciting news to share, not hers.
  • @psmk521 that’s so frustrating! I would be so mad 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @psmk521 f that! My best friend told one of our mutual friends, he got some shit from me. I know they're excited but its just like you said, not their place