September 2020 Moms

Weeks 1 & 2 Check-in 2/10

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 1st and 2nd weeks of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: GTKY: what store is dangerous for you (or your partner/support person) to go in without a chaperone? 😂 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weeks 1 & 2 Check-in 2/10

• EDD/weeks+days: August 31st 11w

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): lime, large strawberry, hot wheels car, donut hole

Upcoming appointments: Next Friday 2/21 I have my NT ultrasound and 1st trimester genetic screening.

How are you feeling? Still super tired, insomnia, thirsty, RLP, nausea is slowly starting to wane, food aversions

Raves/Rants: just ready to not feel soooo tired all day

Questions: 

GTKY: GTKY: what store is dangerous for you (or your partner/support person) to go in without a chaperone? 😂 

Bed Bath and Beyond is really bad for me. All the kitchen gadgets, the As Seen on TV section, and the beauty/toiletries area are so bad for me. Also, sephora skincare section. I could blow so much money there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry or green olive

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound on Friday

How are you feeling? Nauseous and anxious mostly. The exhaustion is easing up somewhat, although that may be because I'm good at napping when I need it lol

Raves/Rants: I'm just happy that my work family knows and I don't have to try to hide how crappy I feel lol

Questions: 

110% the fabric store! I can also make quite a dent at the dollar store and the bulk food store lol. Things tend to rack up without me noticing 😂
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9/2 10+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out. Sneak Peek says girl. Only 7-9 weeks until we find out if that is true. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Upcoming appointments: Hematology 2/14. I have thrombocytopenia (low platelets) that worsens during pregnancy. It was supposed to be yesterday, but I forgot to get my bloodwork done on Saturday. I dislike these appointments because they are useless.

How are you feeling? Far better than weeks 6-9, but tired and still faintly nauseous most of the time. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: What are you most excited to purchase (or receive) for this baby? Because this is a third we do not have any large things to buy, so if it is a girl I am most excited about buying wallpaper for the nursery. 

GTKY: GTKY: what store is dangerous for you (or your partner/support person) to go in without a chaperone? Without a doubt, TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I cannot leave there without finding some treasure that I must have.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: 
    10+6 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    We were undecided.. now leaning towards finding out. I honestly think I don’t care either way this time, it would be really fun to wait, but I also get where DH is coming from that it would help to know for planning purposes since baby will share a room, we have no boy clothes, etc etc 

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Kumpquat. Switching tomorrow! 

Upcoming appointments:
    Thursday for NT scan and NIPT

How are you feeling? 
    I thought I was starting to feel better until yesterday when the metallic/icky taste started in. Now that’s ruined me again. And I’m still so exhausted I nearly cry every night around 5 pm as I’m trying to get dinner made, kids in the tub, etc. Also feeling quite anxious. 

Raves/Rants: 
    Super excited (and nervous) for my appointment, but it’s going to be soooo cold that day and parking is never ideal! Also, I’m really tired of not having the desire to drink. I’m trying my best, but it makes me so much more nauseous to drink when I’m not thirsty at all. 

Questions: 

Target and Hobby Lobby for me, Scheels for DH. It’s so bad. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9/12 - 9+3 (I think?)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out in about a week or so!

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry?

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday!

How are you feeling? Still pretty crummy...

Raves/Rants: nah

Questions: nope

GTKY: GTKY: what store is dangerous for you (or your partner/support person) to go in without a chaperone? 😂 Target, and yet I make the mistake weekly
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9/11 / 9+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Soda can tab

Upcoming appointments: The end of the month for 2nd ultrasound, NIPT, and meeting one of the OBs

How are you feeling? Good-ish? It varies from day to day. Definitely less tired than I was, but the nausea can be bad or not too bad. Still can’t cook—I hate all the smells. 

Raves/Rants: Long weekend coming up! I really wish it would snow—this has been such a rainy winter. 

Questions: A billion

GTKY: what store is dangerous for you (or your partner/support person) to go in without a chaperone? 😂 I’m not really a big shopper. Neither is MH, but whenever he goes to the grocery store he gets tons of junk lol. 

@chasingroygbiv What is Scheels?
  • @ssbl it’s Sports/entertainment store basically. Sports equipment, clothes (not just clothes for sports, they carry lots of Nike, Reebok, Under Armor, Patagonia, Northface, etc). Shoes. Camping stuff. Toys. Similar to a Dick’s Sporting Goods or Cabela’s/Gander Mountain combo I guess! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9/8, 10w1d (but baby is measuring 3 days ahead)

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat

Upcoming appointments: NIPT next Tuesday 

How are you feeling? Had a 48 hour headache this past weekend. That was not fun!! And I'm really craving junk food. 

Raves/Rants: Rave&Rant - Just had my first OB appointment yesterday. I heard the heart beat (only been seeing it before now). Baby was dancing all over the place so that was funny. I was hoping to do the NIPT yesterday, but the doctor said to wait until week 11 to prevent false results.  :|

Questions: I want to go on a trip with my SO and his kids but because of school we can't go until June, which will put me at 27/28 weeks. Is that too late to travel to Mexico or the Dominican Republic. I'm listed as high risk just because of my age. 

GTKY: GTKY: what store is dangerous for you (or your partner/support person) to go in without a chaperone? 😂 No physical store, but I can do damage on Amazon!!! I should have bought stock!
  • @Louise_Belcher if this is a girl, then all the girly stuff! If it's a boy, hrmmm, not sure. We basically have everything. Maybe some cute NB clothes since apparently I birth tiny babies 

@31magnolia you SHOULD be okay, but I'd definitely talk to your doctor. I think the cut off is about 32 weeks but they should probably write you a note anyways
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 I love newborn clothes!! Both of my boys had weight gain issues for the first couple months so we were in the those cute little clothes for far longer than I expect. And then over night they grew into giants. 😆
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @31magnolia You should be fine, they normally worry about swelling and circulation from the altitude. I think it depends on how long the flight is. The only other concern they may have is Zika virus. Some South American and Caribbean countries are on a no travel list for pregnant people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Louise_Belcher I was looking at pics and DS was in newborn for at least a month and a half, also because of weight gain issues (he was born at 6lbs4oz but dropped to 5lbs10oz before we left the hospital). He was a summer baby so luckily we could wear shorts on him a lot because I only had a handful of NB clothes 😆 was not expecting him to be that small, especially since dad was 11lbs11oz!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Poor little guy was swimming in his take home outfit lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 Both of mine were in newborn for 1.5-2mo too. I wasn’t expecting that based on whatever one had told me. My second was swimming in newborn so my mom brought him some preemie clothes for the first two weeks. They caught their stride at about 2mo and plumped right out.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • DD/weeks+days: Sept 8! 10w 3days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!  Waiting on outlet NIPT results now 

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussels sprout

Upcoming appointments: just had one yesterday, all is well.  I have to go back in 2 weeks and lucky me I get to do an early glucose test since I had gestational diabetes with my first. 

How are you feeling? Like complete crap.  Still throwing up occasionally and still tired. 

Raves/Rants: I really want to feel normal again, this has been tough.  I feel so bad for my son. 

Questions: ...

GTKY: GTKY: what store is dangerous for you (or your partner/support person) to go in without a chaperone?    Walmart with my son lol I can never say no to a new toy! 

I agree with with you all about the newborn clothes.  I didn’t think we’d need any and was scrambling on Amazon when we got home from the hospital.  I can’t wait to buy a few more nb outfits :)