September 2020 Moms

Symptoms Thread (End Jan/Feb)

13»

Re: Symptoms Thread (End Jan/Feb)

• @macheno thanks for the suggestions. I will try smoothies when I feel better. Had to go to urgent care and get fluids. Haven’t kept any food down since this morning. They gave me a pedialyte popsicle in the ER and I threw that up in the car right after discharge. Things have gone from bad to worse here....
  • @angbaby83 I’m sorry that you’re having such a hard time right now. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • @angbaby83 I'm so sorry things have gotten worse. Definitely call your OB and let them know. You don't want to get in a state of dehydration. If you're already not able to keep down fluids that's not a good sign. I'll be praying things get better for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Insomnia buddies? I keep being so tired that I go to sleep before dinner and right back after. Then I'm up at 3 am to the point where I just get up and go downstairs. It's getting weird, but I'm getting to play some video games by myself 

• @pghren Me too! I fall asleep early and like clockwork I wake up at 1:45am and don't fall back asleep until around 4am. It's the worst! I'm so tired during the day. I've never been a great sleeper, but I didn't have insomnia this bad until the end of my last pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno same! Last time it was an end if pregnancy thing
  • @pghren @macheno same for me, I wake up any time between 1-4 to go to the bathroom and going back to sleep is impossible.  Finally fall back asleep around 6:30 and sleep most of the morning.  I got a big u-shaped body pillow on Amazon and it's helped so much- now when I'm asleep it's a deep sleep, and I don't have as many weird dreams when I use it. 
  • I'd sleep more if I could, but DSs sleep is so screwy and H hasn't been sleeping great since his grandmother passed last week so I want him to get sleep when he can, sooo I get up and park my butt on the couch while DS plays.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @readytobemama how did you choose a pillow? It seems like there are so many! 
  • @pghren I know, had never bought one before so just found one that had a lot of good reviews.  I got the PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow, U-Shape Full Body Pillow Maternity Support Detachable Extension - Support Back, Hips, Legs, Belly Pregnant Women https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07JR3T1G6/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_038nEbKTYQZRT
  • This is an awkward one, but—anyone have zero sex drive? Like less than zero? I’m just going through the motions but I feel like MH is taking it personally and we got into a little fight about it. 
  • @ssbl that's actually really common in the first tri. It usually comes back in the 2nd tri 😊 just tell him to be patient with you. I know it's easier said than done 😂 I keep having to remind H that I'm super nauseous and tired and to give me a break lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @ssbl sorry it caused a little fight! :( we haven’t done anything since this baby was conceived 6ish weeks ago lol my drive is non-existent and H doesn’t have a big drive to begin with. I’m surprised I even got KU. Hoping it comes back in 2nd tri. I’m also worried because my cervix seems to be touchy so I don’t really want anything up there right now 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @ssbl - I have ZERO sex drive during the 1st tri, and my hubby knows this. He also knows that when 2nd/most of 3rd tri come around I’m (usually) completely the opposite. Tell your hubby to be patient, and I’m sorry you guys had a ‘tiff. 
  • @mflowers929 @greyl @starlynn91 Thanks—that makes me feel better!
  • I feel like I'm getting it easy compared to other mommies at the moment! But any changes from your everyday norm is not fun... I'm 7+5 weeks and my only symptoms are fatigue, aversions, and constant hunger. I am so tired I start falling asleep around 8:30p and don't wake up until my 6:00a alarm! Yet, I'm ready to crawl back into bed 5 hours into my work day. I found what works for me is eating eggo waffles with OJ for breakfast then snacking on fruits/chocolate almonds/health bars every 1-2 hours with lunch and drinking 2 L of water throughout the day! 
  • @papayapua same here, which has me worried now.  I'm 9w, and have only had aversions and cravings, tiredness (but more manageable now that I'm in a routine), and occasional sore breasts/light cramping.  But not enough nausea to talk about, and no throwing up! I have my first ultrasound on Friday the 14th, but I've been so worried that something is wrong since I've had it relatively easy.  Anyone else ever had this and everything worked out fine? 
  • @readytobemama so many women experience very few symptoms. If you’re feeling ok celebrate it.  *TW* I had super intense symptoms and ended up with a MMC. Symptoms don’t necessarily indicate health of the pregnancy.  I know that’s easy for me to say. I’m over here worried that my super intense symptoms mean something bad.  Sending good thoughts for your ultra sound Friday. I’m sure once you have that you’ll feel better!! 
  • @readytobemama I barely had symptoms with my first, and only threw up once. I just had a lot of aversions. This time much different.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @readytobemama Waiting for the first ultrasound can feel like an eternity! But don't worry too much about your minimal symptoms. Every mama experiences a different range of symptoms that don't necessarily serve as an indicator of baby's health. I also had a MMC @angbaby83 at 7 weeks with having absolutely zero symptoms. Just stay calm and positive!
  • @angbaby83 @macheno @papayapua thanks so much for the comforting words, definitely helps!  I haven't had any spotting at all so trying to just focus on that and count down the minutes till the US. Fx this is a healthy strong baby. 
  • I am so gassy all the time!!! It looks like I am showing but I think my stomach is just a giant domed gas pocket.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Louise_Belcher same. Was hoping I’d lose some weight since I cut out most of my sugar intake and cut down on food portions but I still have a pouch that’s definitely going to just form together with my real bump in a month 😩
  • Zero sex drive, but I’m also too scared anyway because PGAL brain. I told mine to give me a couple more weeks...... maybe.  :#
  • First pregnancy, so I might be suggesting something you already know about, but I found these ginger candies in the natural aisle at the grocery store that have helped with the nausea. They’re called Gin-Gins and they have this creepy piece of ginger with a face on the front of the bag. Nausea is by no means gone but it’s marginally easier to deal with. 
  • Anyone else dealing with crazy painful gas? My stomach just feels so full of air and it’s terribly uncomfortable. I’m sure not being regular isn’t helping, but ouch. I’ve dealt with bloating before, not this. 
  • @chasingroygbiv YES. Its almost comical at this point quite honestly. I feel like someone blew me up like a balloon and it's super uncomfortable when I'm not in a situation where I can ... let it out.
  • @chasingroygbiv yup. I'm pretty sure the gas is what's making me feel so nauseous. I tend to burp it more than fart it.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • It’s awful! I even tried to do bicycle legs like a baby to get things moving.  :D 
  • @chasingroygbiv Yes!!! It is so bad I have to unbuckle my pants in public. And it's almost like I look pregnant upside down lol (my stomach is bigger than my pelvis).

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @chasingroygbiv YES!! H ran out and got me everything on the approved list for gas one night because it was so awful.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @Louise_Belcher Did anything work? I’m desperate! 
  • @chasingroygbiv Gas-X and tums were what I ended up taking the bad night and they helped. I have taken gas-x once or twice more and it has helped calm it down.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20