October 2020 Moms

Randoms: Week 2/9-2/15

Re: Randoms: Week 2/9-2/15

• @dolewhipper you’re back! How did everything go last week? 
  • Loading the player...
  • the nausea is hitting me hard; there's not enough ginger tea or ginger candies to save me, and I'm already going to pick up the unisom + b6 for tonight. And all I want to eat is rice and beans. 
  • @dolewhipper yessss I’m glad everything looked good, what a mind fuck this early pregnancy must be! And lol to rice and beans, that’s super random and very specific :D
  • @dolewhipper I'm so happy to read your update!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @kmalls I had horrible aversions with my first pregnancy, for a week the only thing I could stomach was rice and beans, and I completely couldn't eat any kind of fish until my DD was 1 years old. I'm thinking my subconscious is taking me back to that "safe" food --HAH! I'm of latin descent and it's such a comfort food for me: white rice and cuban style black beans. I can stomach other foods right now if I don't think about it, but I just. want. whitericeblackbeans pls. 
  • I'm with you there @dolewhipper ! Nausea always hits me hard suuper early! All I want is spicy curry 😂 
  • Have any of you NOT had morning sickness? I know it's really early for me since I'm at around 5.5 weeks, but I haven't even had an inkling of nausea. Is it possible to get lucky enough to not have those symptoms, or am I about to get hit with a ton of bricks in a week or two?
  • @futuredvmmama it’s still really early and you may not get many symptoms for a week or so still, but it’s definitely possible not to be sick. Personally I’ve never had any horrible nausea with any of my pregnancies. Certain smells or tastes can set me off, and last pregnancy I felt dizzy a lot in the early months, but I’ve never been puking over a toilet. Knock on wood it stays that way! 
  • @Lisa3379 my husband's company had a party last week and it was so fun to stay overnight without the kiddo and be able to sleep in. I had not tested yet so I had one last beer I guess! 

@futuredvdmmama I don't have much nausea except in the morning. So far this pregnancy has been a blueprint of my first where my symptoms were pretty mild. My boobs aren't hurting yet but even last time that started later. Everyone's pregnancy is completely different! It's totally possible you won't feel nauseous much, it's also possible you'll feel sick closer to 7-8 weeks.

• Allll the milkshakes. Tonight is the second time I went to get one from McDonald's since finding out just over a week ago. Plus fries because why not?
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @futuredvmmama this is my third pregnancy and I’ve never had morning sickness - I get nauseated after dinner. So far that hasn’t happened to me yet this time, but the past 2 times were like clockwork. 
  • @futuredvmmama  I already have morning sickness, and I am only 4+2 right now.  I also got morning sickness this early with my first pregnancy.  The smell of hand sanitizer almost made me puke on someone a couple of days ago.  I have always been told that most people don't get it until after 6 weeks.  However, my sister never had morning sickness with either of her pregnancies, so it is possible to never get morning sickness.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @futuredvmmama My first pregnancy with my DD I had no nausea or morning sickness at all. I basically had no symptoms, except heightened emotions.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Not sure if anyone caught the Oscars tonight. I used to watch the red carpet and the actual show religiously years and years ago and today I decided to get a YouTube TV trial so I could watch them today! Anyways, there's this Google commercial that made me BAWL. It's about this old widower who asks Google to remind him of all the things his wife used to say/do. Even H lost it! I blame hormones for my reaction. I don't need any more emotions right now, Google!
  • @futuredvmmama, morning sickness hit me like a ton of bricks at 9 weeks in my first pregnancy and 5 weeks in my second. It’s different for everyone and I do hope you get lucky and avoid it. It’s terrible. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @dolewhipper I have been craving rice and beans too.  I had that for dinner with tostones the other night and it was the first meal that didn't upset my stomach.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Happy Monday! Long ass weekend with my kids while hubby went to a golf show all day yesterday, I am relieved to be in my nice quiet office today. 

TW: infant loss 
    I am brand new here, but if you have a spare prayer, please send one up for my sister today. She lost her 7mo son in August due to a rare genetic disorder (Herlitz Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa). They began the process of ICSI with PGD in January and she has her egg retrieval today. Please keep everything crossed for lots of healthy eggs!

Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • Have any of you NOT had morning sickness? I know it's really early for me since I'm at around 5.5 weeks, but I haven't even had an inkling of nausea. Is it possible to get lucky enough to not have those symptoms, or am I about to get hit with a ton of bricks in a week or two?
    Is this your first? With my first I had none, just tired. With my son I felt crappy starting at probably 6 weeks, but it was manageable with B6 + unisom. This time around (I'm just 5+1 today), I feel NOTHING. With my first 2 I had super sore boobs, this time I don't. I'm wondering if it's because I just stopped nursing my 2yo less than a month ago? Fingers crossed for you that nausea just skips you! 
    Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • @pelomama Everything crossed for your sister. ❤️
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @futuredvmmama No nausea over here, either. I have had a ton of boob soreness and insomnia/crazy dreams for the past two weeks. I have been trying to prepare myself for the morning sickness to hit, but here's hoping it won't for both of us!

Anyone else having weird dreams?
  • @pelomama all the good vibes for your sister!

@ginevere yes, all the weird dreams. Last night I dreamt I was in a play with some people I work with but that I only see at conferences. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Smelh324Smelh324 member
    edited February 2020
    @MJDsquared You're an inspiration. Why haven't I treated myself to a celebratory milkshake and fries yet?? That sounds so good right now. I will remedy this today.

@ginevere ALL the weird dreams. That's literally what convinced me I was pregnant. Any time I wonder if the pregnancy isn't going well I'm like well at least I have the dreams symptom still haha. Not the greatest proof, but it's all I have to hang on to.

Not much in the way of MS, sore boobs etc. Knocking on my uterus asking if there's anyone in there.
  • dolewhipperdolewhipper member
    edited February 2020
    OMG @smg2302 NOW I WANT TOSTONES *drool*

ETA: @ginevere all the weird sex dreams. 
  • @pelomama all the good vibes to your sister ✨
    @ginevere +1 for the weird dreams, I usually get them in my normal luteal phase but in pregnancy they are so vivid and strange. I'm looking forward to the dreams of my baby, I got them last time and it was amazing! 
  • There's a disgusting ad about cleaning your ears from earwax sitting in the middle of this thread. WTF, Bump!
    @kmalls it's a do what you gotta do phase, for sure!
  • @morethanamama  That earwax ad makes me want to vomit!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Whelp, pregnant brain is happening. I thought this thread was the original one, expect renamed with the date. So...I haven’t been seeing any “new” updates from TB and was thinking: damn, these girls are quiiiieeet.
  • @kmalls You deserve a hug. I just couldn’t do it again. 😂
  • @tdevlindrye I'm convinced pregnancy brain begins immediately. I've been so spacy and uncoordinated.I know I annoyed everyone at work today so much, I'm kind of disappointed in myself and kind of also don't care. 🤷 
  • Where my tea drinkers at? I usually have a cup of coffee to start my day but I can't stomach the acid right now and switched to tea. I usually like spicy teas, like chai. What are your favorites blends and brands? I need to stock up. 
  • No advice on the tea aside from a Texas kind I drank last time to cut on the caffeine, it's from HEB (Grocery store chain in Texas, hubs is from there). I do like ginger tea and peach tea! So far I'm continuing with coffee but need to have it as I eat breakfast and usually don't want more than a cup per day. I love chai🙂

• Just had leftover potato and bacon pizza for breakfast and have another slice saved for lunch. My husband randomly left two pieces in the fridge when he promsed he was only going to leave one. It feels like its gonna be a good day now lol.
  • No morning sickness here, yet anyways! My last pregnancy I was more nauseous then anything... However yesterday started all day sickness, I never got sick, but felt like I wanted to.  I can feel it starting today.  I'm only 4w4d so I shouldn't be feeling it quite yet, but I am.
  • First-trimester exhaustion is kicking my butt. I give you moms with little ones running around so much credit. My daughter is 8 and I fell asleep in the middle of playing hangman with her last evening! She was content to snuggle up with a sleeping mama and an episode of her favorite show before it was her bedtime.

• The motherhood near me is closing and the signs have been up forever, so I went in today and it's still only 40% off. I was expecting like 70% by now!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @dolewhipper I like Twinings chai mixes from England in Epcot—Apple chai or pumpkin chai. And I also like the Tazo Chai where it’s premixed and you just add milk.