Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS week of 2/10

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: Do you do anything to celebrate Valentine's Day with your kid(s)?

Re: TFAS week of 2/10

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 8/5

WTO/TWW? WTO I guess. Pretty sure it's an an-O cycle. I'm on CD 57 with no sign of O or AF.

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I will call my midwife this week is I don't see AF. I mentioned this in the weekend dailies but I'm refocusing on weight loss because I'm positive it's the reason for my an-O cycle and lack of AF (thanks PCOS).
    We also have an end date to NTNP! Looking at May or June to start actively trying again.

Any questions? no

Rant/Rave/Brag: Yesterday was DD's 2nd birthday! She had a great day! My sister and I made her an Elmo cupcake cake and I love how it turned out!! My brother, SIL, their two boys, and my sister came over to celebrate with us. We did pizza and wings and enjoyed watching the kids play together.
    Including a picture of the Elmo cupcake cake I made:

DH and I aren't big into Valentine's Day. We've never really done anything for it in our 10 years together. I did buy some cute Valentine's cards with stickers to send into DD's daycare for her though. I think all the toddlers are having a Valentine's day party.
  • @gingermama29 that cake turned out amazing!! I’m so impressed! Her little birthday party sounds so nice too! I hope AF comes soon so that you don’t have to deal with calling/ taking meds 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? Cycle 16 including 2 benched 

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Part of me is thinking, what if my lining was the entire problem and now I’ll get KU immediately? But the other part knows it’s not that easy. 

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: I’m sorry I ghosted you guys last week! I had my whole post typed but couldn’t think of an answer to the GTKY other than the Bible, and I wanted to be more creative. Then the week got away from me! Anyway, all is well over here. Just trying to get through tax season while also spending enough time with DD. She is starting to only want DH to put her to bed and I’m beating myself up about it. I might go out at lunch and pick up a special new book to distract her when “my daddy” starts. Any other ideas?

GTKY: Last year I put some red food coloring in DD’s yogurt to make it pink, even though she had no idea what was happening. We’ve been having breakfast at panera on Fridays before I take her to daycare so this Friday we will probably get some heart cookies as a treat. 

• Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 happy birthday to her!!! The cupcake cake turned out amazing!! It looks professionally done! Sounds like it was a pretty awesome and chill celebration. 
    @bows22 hugs to you! ❤️Mama guilt is real and it’s sucks. First, I just want you to know that you’re an awesome Mom! Second, try to remember that it is temporary and she won’t remember it for long. My only other suggestion if she protests would be to have both you and dad do the bedtime routine/story as a way of transitioning her to you starting to do it again or for her to just start associating you both with bedtime so that if you switch off often she won’t be confused. 

What number are you trying for?  2

Month/Cycle?  4/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? BFN this morning, AF likely to be here by Tuesday. Just ready for our next shot at it I guess! 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Sorry I haven’t been participating here lately! I’ve tried to lurk but have had a hard time keeping up with it. I’m going to make an effort this week. 

GTKY: Do you do anything to celebrate Valentine's Day with your kid(s)? I honestly get a little carried away sometimes. My mom got big on valentines when my sis and I were in like 7-8th grade. She used to sneak a little treat in our backpacks for like 3 days leading up to vday. I think this is where I get it from lol. I usually buy my DD a cute shirt to wear on vday, a couple candies, and then something craft related because she loves arts and crafts. MH and I aren’t super big on vday.... we usually go out to dinner the day after or something to avoid crowds and it’s usually a family date because we take DD with us. MH also usually gets me and DD each a single rose. ❤️
  • @gingermama29 Happy birthday to YD! That Elmo cake looks awesome! I know I told you this in WTO but I'm glad there's hopefully an end in sight both to this A/O cycle and to ntnp for you! Hopefully things regulate more as you get closer to your ATTC date. Irregular cycles can be so draining. 
    @bows22 The mom guilt is so hard. When I was a single mom for a while with ODS I needed to have my mom watch him while I was in school full time and working two jobs to make ends meet. There were several days I'd only be able to spend a few hours max with him. Something that I used to do to get him used to spending more time with me again was putting in his favorite movies and spending some cuddle time before bed or in the morning before I had to take off for school. New books were also a hit with him, as were games that we could play together (rockem sockem robots quickly became a favorite). Hopefully things get better and she gets better about spending more time with you and having you around to put her to bed again! 
    @krystrist2014 Glad to see you back in here, but so sorry about your BFN! I'm glad you have a positive outlook about starting another cycle. I hope things keep regulating for you and you get your BFP soon! 

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 3/3 (1 unbenched) 

WTO/TWW? WTO (hopefully soon) 

Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5, 5.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm unbenched again as of last Friday and we've officially started ATTC this cycle. I've been tracking my temps and OPKs and I still haven't ovulated. Hopefully I'll O within the next few days! I'm on CD15 which is late for me to O, but I was kind of expecting a weird cycle after surgery. Having this off cycle is a bit frustrating -but- I'm just happy to be unbenched again. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: I mentioned this in the dailies but I'm in my last 3 weeks of the semester and term papers are due at the end of this week. I'm mildly panicking but I'm trying to stay calm. They'll get done. They always do. My main concern is that these are probe assignments so I need to get at least 80% on them or I fail the classes. Last semester I got 100% on one probe and 99% on the other so I'm hoping I can repeat that this time around. After this term I'm 1/5th of the way to having my masters!

GTKY: Do you do anything to celebrate Valentine's Day with your kid(s)? Not really. We do Halloween, sometimes meet family for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and do our own Decemberween celebration in addition to making our Scandinavian cookies. Aside from that we don't really do holidays. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @gingermama29 that cake is so adorable!! It turned out amazingly :) I want cake now!! haha I am happy you have an end date to NTNP and I think it's a great idea that you will call your midwife if AF doesn't arrive this week. 

@bows22 I think kids, and especially little girls, go through these phases where they only want one parent in particular. At some point little girls only want their daddies and little boys only want their mommies. It's called the Oedipus complex - when little kids get to a certain phase and they only want the parent of the opposite sex. I think it's a totally normal phase that most kids go through. Try not to beat yourself up too much over it, it's not anything that you did or that you aren't doing. Try and look at the silver lining that you can take a breather for yourself and have a few moments of alone time. <3

@krystrist2014 ugh I'm sorry about the dreaded BFN. This sucks!!! I want all of us to move on so badly!

@ashaislurking YAY for being off the bench!!! So happy you get to start back up again!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I hope AF comes quickly for you and that this reset cycle helps your mental health and your connection with YH. I know this has been a long stressful process for you. I also hope YS feels better soon! Illness is no fun! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4/3

WTO/TWW?  Tww

Ages of other child(ren)? 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh. Bfn on 11dpo but it might have been too early. We shall see. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: not much happening around here

GTKY: Do you do anything to celebrate Valentine's Day with your kid(s)
    I LOVE Valentine's day!!!! DS has a party at daycare and I go. I just love the decor and treats the best ❤
    @gingermama29 that cake is great!!

@bows22 I hope your mom guilt is short lived 

@ashaislurking glad you are back to ttc

@kpearse99 random fevers are the worst
  • @gingermama29 that cake turned out so cute!! Happy birthday to your DD!

@bows22 I’m sorry about the momma guilt. It’s nice that you get to take her to breakfast on Fridays, what a fun tradition! 

@krystrist2014 I’m sorry about the BFN! Maybe it’s still just too early. 

@ashaislurking yay for getting off the bench!! I hope you O soon!

@kpearse99 I’m so sorry your son has been sick for so long! Poor guy. I hope you have better luck with the new doctor and he starts feeling better soon. I also hope AF comes quickly for you and you are able to get a well-deserved break this next cycle to refresh. 

@legendairymomma Sorry about the BFN. 

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 5, 7

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not yet, AF is still here 

Any questions? Nah

Rant/Rave/Brag: My 5-year-old has the flu 😩 We didn’t sleep much last night. 😴 I’ve never seen her this sick! I just hope the rest of us don’t catch it. She’s coughed straight into my face multiple times, but I do have a pretty strong immune system and don’t usually get sick other than a cold here and there. I’m used to having bodily fluids coughed/sneezed directly into my orifices at work on a regular basis lol. 

MH usually gets something for me and the kids. Other than that, not really. Not that big into Valentine’s Day.
  •   What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 5/9

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3.5 dd and 1.5 dd

Any thoughts about this cycle? Glad my cycle appears to have finally normalized. Feeling really disappointed but trying to stay positive none the less. 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I think my kids are trying to bring me to insanity today. Haha just blatantly refusing to follow directions. YD is teething again so she is extra crabby right now poor babe. Trying to keep cold chewies available since it’s molars. Also dieting again and food cravings and missing caffeine have me feeling like a total B today. 

We each get them a valentine of some kind. Last year my husband got our oldest a little stuffed toy that came with candy and it turned into one of her favorite stuffed animals and she has to sleep with it every night. So sweet to see how meaningful his gift was to her. 
  • @legendairymomma 11DPO is still a bit early to reliably catch something on a test. Hopefully you get your BFP soon!
    @kitkatz1990 I'm so sorry your LO has the flu! Ugh, 'tis the season. I hope she feels better soon!
    @allthingscozy I'm glad your cycles have normalized and hope that this means good things for your ttc journey. I'm sorry YD is teething and having a rough time. I hope things get better!
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2

WTO/TWW? WTO (for what seems like forever). 

Ages of other child(ren)? 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? I already had my BC purge cycle so I don't know WTF my body is doing. CD 18 with no O in site (used to always be 14/15). We are following SMEP so if it happens we should be covered but it is bugging the F out of me. 

Any questions? Nope, I know I just need to wait and keep at it. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I have been doing better with my "healthy habits". We got a Peloton not even a week ago and I've been following the beginner program to a T. I've also subsequently greatly reduced my need for a glass of wine at the end of the night :)

GTKY: Do you do anything to celebrate Valentine's Day with your kid(s)? Ben wanted to pick up a card for DH at the store so we did, he also wants to give cards to his classmates so I'll pick those up tomorrow. We'll probably just let him make some crazy dessert on Friday. 
  • @bows22 thank you! And ugh the mom guilt is so real. I like @krystrist2014 's suggestion of having you both do bedtime so that you can switch off story time. That's how be DH and I do it and she's usually pretty good with whichever one of us does stories and cuddles. It's me 95% of the time but that has definitely helped.

@krystrist2014 thank you friend! I used to decorate cakes before I got my teaching job and have retained most of the skills. Sorry for you BFN today. Your Valentine's day traditions sound so cute and special! ❤️

@ashaislurking thanks! So glad you're off the bench!! I may have asked this before (so apologies if so) but what are you getting your Masters in?

@kpearse99 thank you! Your poor son just can't catch a break! Hugs. It's so hard to see them sick. I'm glad for you that you're talking a cycle "off" to take care of yourself. I really hope it helps!! Also your "love chicken" story is adorable.

@legendairymomma thank you! Sorry for the BFN. Hopefully you just tested too early! FX!

@kitkatz1990 thank you! Oh no! I hope YD feels better soon. Poor girl! FX that you don't catch it (or anytime else in your house).

@allthingscozy that's so sweet about the Valentine's day animal. Sorry teething is so rough right now. I hope they pop through quick! Molars are the worst!

@willashbaby awesome job keeping up on your healthy habits!! I'm working to get back into those again. Glad you're liking your peloton. 
  • @willashbaby I'm so sorry this cycle is weird for you. It seems to be that way for quite a few of us. Hang in there! I hope you O soon!
    @gingermama29 I'm getting my Masters in clinical mental health counseling (with a certification in drug and alcohol counseling). My research focus is on trauma/crisis counseling and counseling multicultural populations, particularly LGBT+ individuals.

TTC History- *TW* LC

• Thanks for all of the thoughtful advice ladies! The book I got for 3.50 at target did the trick last night. I’m hoping that snaps her out of it and she remembers that she likes mommy putting her to bed too, but if/when that doesn’t work out I will definitely be going through your ideas!

@krystrist2014 I think your Vday traditions sound fun! I know what you mean about just being ready for your next shot. I hate getting a BFN and then feeling like it’s so long before you can try again.

@ashaislurking so glad you’re off the bench! Good luck with the term papers! You’ve got this!

@kpearse99 good luck at the doctor today and OMG your Valentine’s Day plans are adorable. I think we’re going to have to do Valentine’s Day floats too now (except that I sent DH a picture of the DQ valentines cake so we will probably need to pick one or the other haha)

@legendairymomma I hope it was just too early! I saw where you mentioned it was a clear blue which I couldn’t turn until like 13-14 DPO with DD so my hopes are still up for you!

@kitkatz1990 I hope YD feels better soon and that you don’t catch it! DD coughs in my face all the time, glad to hear I can expect that to continue for the next 3 years haha 

@allthingscozy I’m glad your cycles have normalized and hopefully that means you don’t have much longer to wait.

• @ashaislurking hurray for being UN-benched!!! Good luck on the term papers! 
    @kpearse99 FX for you that all that water weight leaves you quickly! It’s nice you get a month off from the drugs and stress. How did it how with your DS and the new doctors office? 
    @legendairymomma FX for you that it was just that 11dpo was too early! 
    @kitkatz1990 oh no! I’m sorry she has the flu. Hope she starts feeling better soon. 
    @allthingscozy your poor daughter. Teething for molars can be awful. And poor you! No coffee is enough to make me absolutely crazy too! Lol. 
    @willashbaby FX you see O soon! Making crazy desserts sounds like the perfect v-day activity. 
    @bows22 I’m glad the book worked! ❤️ What book was it? 

• @bows22 I'm so glad the book worked! Fingers crossed it keeps helping! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @krystrist2014 it was just a Dr. Seuss ABC book, she is obsessed with the ABCs currently. I think it was more the distraction than anything. It will probably not work again because it’s not something new and interesting, but it was nice to be able to stop the “my daddy!” plea quickly even if just for one night. I did tell DH he isn’t allowed to read it tonight haha 
  • @bows22 oh nice! We have that book too and DD loved it when she was that age. I love how Dr. Seus always goes on sale this time of year! Target also always puts out some cute Dr Seus themed clothes this time of year. 
  • I’m crawling out of the hole of sickness I’ve been inhabiting for the past few days...DD seems to finally be on the mend! Thank you all for your well wishes! Time to wash EVERYTHING lol.

@willashbaby I’m sorry your cycle is acting crazy!

@bows22 oh yes, you’d think she would have grown out of it by now but nope! I’m glad I have an immune system of steel lol! I’m glad your DD enjoyed her book with you! 
  • @mamasloth CFA sounds like an awesome dinner date spot! I also love the holiday book gift.