Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 2/10

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 2/10

• @gingermama29 Exciting to have multiple great candidates, and yay for vacay next week, let's hope this week flies by!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, temping, monitoring CM, PNVs, HIO, preseed

R/R: Enjoyed the Oscars last night even though they kept me up too late. Work should be busy this week so hoping that means it goes by quickly!

CS/Q: Nothing to see yet, hoping for a temp spike tomorrow.

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Loading the player...
  • @mvt2003 Yay for trigger today! Come on follies!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @gingermama29 I hope today's interviews go well and you end up with a great selection of candidates fit for the position!
    @legallykate I hope today goes by quickly for you at work.
    @mvt2003 so excited you get to trigger today!

Month/Cycle: 3/3 (1 unbenched) 

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, prenatals, B6, BBT charting, CM tracking

R/R: We're in week the final three weeks of the semester and term papers are due this week. I'm trying hard to not stress about it. We'll see how that goes as the week wears on. Fingers crossed I can stay level headed through this last stretch of the term. 

CS/Q:

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @inthewoods23 I'm sorry things have been rough for you. I hope things slow down a bit and that helps your mental health improve! Try to get some good self care in. Sending love your way! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @gingermama29 - Do you have any fun plans for school vacation week?

@legallykate - Hope today is a fast day for you!

@mvt2003 - Woohoo trigger day!! Yikes, sounds like a bach party straight out of The Hangover lol

@ashaislurking - Good luck with your term papers!

Month/Cycle: 19 

CD: 31

WAYDTGKU: IVF - Biopsy 

R/R: DH ended up working all weekend, so I didn't get my spaghetti and meatballs  :D Thinking we'll try to go there this Friday for Valentine's Day instead! My dad came over Saturday and we made some good progress on the laundry room reno - it is definitely motivating to see progress being made that makes the room look better (versus demoing and making it look worse and worse haha)

CS/Q: none
  • @gingermama29 SO happy you like both candidates! How's the basement looking? 

@legallykate Hoping today flies by!

@ashaislurking Woo hoo to the home stretch! You've got this! 

@inthewoods23 ER is Wednesday - waiting for the official call to know what time it's scheduled and what time to trigger! I think that FB post might be very cathartic for you, and will hopefully intercept some of the "so when are you guys having kids" crap. It was kind of a relief for us to tell the ILs, and not have to hide things anymore. 

@feather_heather And now I want spaghetti and meatballs! The bach party literally was straight out of The Hangover too - the party was split in half because they were in Colorado and one group's plane got delayed, and the other group got stuck at a ski resort because they closed down the highway for an avalanche warning. Then when they were able to reconnect, they all got super hammered and bad things happened :D 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @inthewoods23 - I've contemplated doing the same thing! DH doesn't want everyone knowing right now, so only a few select do, but I CANNOT handle one more person telling me to just relax. I almost lost my shit on my best friend's mother this weekend because her advice was so infuriating. I hope it helps you! I'm sorry that you're struggling so much lately! If only we could all get our cycles to be the same, and we could plan an TTGP girls trip to a warm sunny state!! 
  • @feather_heather YAY for progress on the renovation! I remember doing a kitchen reno with my mom and you're absolutely right when you say that it's really nice when you finally start to see progress instead of JUST seeing the demo work. Hopefully things keep moving in a good direction and you have a really nice laundry room at the end of it! I also hope you get to enjoy an -actual- date night this week! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @mvt2003 @feather_heather no one actually bothers us about kids. I did do a post during infertility week last year so I think people know, but don't know the details. I'm hoping to be open about it but indicate I don't want to talk about it with people. I still follow the idea that this is our journey and no one else's so I don't want people butting in about things.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle:  9/8/2(AL) 

I think I’m doing this right? The months and cycle after loss are correct, but I don’t know if I should stall the middle cycle since I’m benched. And keep it at 7? Or keep counting benched cycles too.  

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Benched- taking prenatals to get my folate back up. 

R/R: we had a pretty chill weekend. DH worked a ton of overtime last week so he wasn’t feeling up to much. I have to go pay the sales tax on my new car today and shop. 💩 Even if I can’t actively ttc right now, I’m glad that my cycles didn’t get too jacked up. My doctor wasn’t expecting me to have a real cycle so early. It was right at 30 days after my surgery! 

CS/Q: Nothing to see 

@gingermama29 GL with your interviews today! 

@legallykate glad you enjoyed the oscars! 

@mvt2003 I hope you feel better after your trigger! It sounds like DH was better off at home this weekend! 😅

@ashaislurking gl with your schoolwork this week! Finals are so stressful!

@inthewoods23 I hope you had good feedback from your status. People always seem so supportive on that stuff. I just always suffer in silence. 💩 winter has been hard for me too. Thankfully spring will be here soon. Hopefully that helps both of us! 

@feather_heather Yay for progress! I bet you will love your new space! I hope you get your meatballs soon. 😉 

• @inthewoods23 SO lucky that people don't make comments. Mine are getting pretty brutal from the tertiary people in our lives. I will say that for me, it was kind of like once the door got opened with my ILs, they try to grab every chance they see to ask how things are going etc. I know it comes from a good place, and I'm not upset by it, but I am slightly worried about having to tell them if this round doesn't work. It was nice to just not have to be answerable to anyone. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @photographerwife I included my benched cycles in my cycle count, but just noted that I had been benched. I hope the vitamins help get your folate back up and I'm glad to hear that your cycles regulated fairly quickly! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Month/Cycle: 5/2(AL)

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKS, Clearblue fertility monitor, preseed/conceive Plus+, HIO, CM tracking 

R/R: WOOHOO!!. I finally just got my peak OPK this morning. It’s about damn time already 😆 I should O tomorrow. That took forever and I didn’t think I was going to see a peak at all this cycle. 

Well better late then never so I’ll take it cause I’m tired of looking at all those high fertility days lol. I already know it won’t happen this cycle but that’s ok. I’ve been sick this cycle which has thrown it all off and out of whack and my hubby has been too and we haven’t HIO a lot because he hasn’t wanted too as he’s been not feeling well and super tired so I’m not going to push him. It is what it is but I’m happy to move to forward and get AF and try again for next cycle. 

CS/Q: None

@gingermama29 That’s great you have a few candidates that you like. Hope all goes well with your interviews today. Woo hoo for time off next week. Are you going away anywhere? Or just a staycation? 

@legallykate Glad you enjoyed the Oscars. I really hope your week flies by from being so busy. 

@mvt2003 yay for trigger today. Sorry your feeling uncomfortable. Hope that passes. Wow that bachelor party sounds wild  😆 

@ashaislurking I hope your week doesn’t stress you out too much. GL with your term papers. 

@inthewoods23 aww my friend. I’m so sorry your struggling lately and things have been hard for you. Hugs your way ❤️ I hope it’s gets better for you. Try and take some time for yourself. 

@feather_heather Sorry you didn’t get your spaghetti and meatballs 😆 damit lol I hope you do get them on Valentine’s Day though. Glad you were able to make some headway on the laundry room Reno. 

@photographerwife Well have fun shopping, I’m glad you were able to have a real cycle so soon after your surgery yay! 

• Month/Cycle: 5/9

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: going to start using OPK and temping this month. I have to buy the things still since I was not sure when AF was coming. 

R/R:  I didn’t realize how hopeful I was for this past cycle until AF finally came today. Feeling really sad. Positive is this was my first normal cycle so I’m going to try and stay positive. 

CS/Q: what OPK’s and temping tools do you recommend? Any advice for newbie?

• @gingermama29 glad to hear you have good candidates! 
    @legallykate same here on the oscars! My predications did not go well haha. 
    @mvt2003 yay for trigger day! 
    @ashaislurking you’ve got this! 
    @inthewoods23 so many hugs to too. I’m sorry things have been hard. I feel the same way when I feel disconnected from my DH. Ugh mental health is hard. Here for you anytime!
    @feather_heather spaghetti sounds so good right now! Glad the Reno is making progress. That is the fun stage when things start to take shape :) 
    @photographerwife glad your cycles are normalizing well. 
    @mindyb2019 yay for the peak! Hope things go better next cycle. Sorry things have been difficult this one. 
  • @mindyb2019 Yay for a positive OPK!! I’m sorry you and YH have been sick this cycle. I hope you both feel better ASAP. 

@allthingscozy I’m so sorry about AF and that you’re feeling sad. Hopefully having your cycle back to normal will make things easier for you. I’m following what others say about OPKs because I’m curious too!

@gingermama29 it’s awesome that you already have 2 great candidates! I hope the rest of the interviews go well and this week flies by for you! 

@legallykate I enjoyed them too, even though I’d only heard of half the movies, lol! 

@mvt2003 I hope you can trigger before too much longer! Sorry you’ve been uncomfortable. It sounds like it’s a good thing YH stayed home this weekend!

@ashaislurking you got this!! 

@inthewoods23 I hope you end up getting lots of good, not nosy support after your post!

@feather_heather Omgosh girl I hope you get those spaghetti and meatballs soon!! Sounds like the perfect v-day dinner.

@photographerwife I’m glad your cycle seems to be back to normal and not messed up! Sounds like a nice weekend, I love a good, laid back weekend myself. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: NTNP, taking prenatals

R/R: I’m out of work for a few days, and a coworker called me to tell me that our classrooms all stink because of the wet carpets from the flooding last week. They had to put the kiddos in the gym for the day. I hope they can get the problem fixed quickly! They should have known just leaving it would cause this. Maybe our insurance can get us some new carpets, our carpet is probably 30 years old lol. 

CS/Q: Nope 

• @mindyb2019 HOORAY for the peak OPK!!! I was hoping you'd O soon! Glad to see things are just a little off this cycle.
    @allthingscozy I'm sorry AF showed! As far as OPKs and BBT, I use pregmate OPKs and the iProven thermometer. The only OPKs I've heard really bad things about are the easy at home ones, but for some people those actually work really well so it seems to be hit and miss. If you have any questions about tracking your cycle I'd be happy to help. I have quite a bit of experience with charting.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @kitkatz1990 I really hope the school figures out something with the carpets. Having wet, mildewy carpets is no good for anyone!
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited February 2020
    @allthingscozy sorry that AF came today and that your feeling sad. I think all of us ladies can definitely relate to that. For OPKs I reccomend the Clearblue advanced digi ones. Thats what I use. They are more expensive then the other OPKs but I find they work great and are super easy to use and read. I feel they are worth it. Good luck with temping and opks this month.

@kitkatz1990 eww wet stinky carpets are the worst. I really hope they fix that soon as that's a big inconvenience to everyone involved. FX you get some new carpet too lol. We got new carpet at my work and in our office in like Oct of last year. It looks so fresh and nice now and really needed it as the carpet was so old and dirty. 😣

• @photographerwife I'm not suffering in silence cuz I have you ladies 😊 happy to hear the cycles are looking normal-ish

@mvt2003 maybe it has helped with me saying things like "when we have kids blah blah blah" so they don't have to ask is when because obviously we are thinking about it.

@mindyb2019 wasn't I saying this weekend you were due for that peak? Get it girl 😆

@allthingscozy I've used the clearblue advanced digital ones (really great for knowing when FW starts), wondfos, and pregmate OPKs. I think I like the pregmate over the window because it's a thicker stick. My thermometer is an Easy@home which has a backlight that I can't live without when trying to read the temp in a dark bedroom.

@kitkatz1990 yuck! Hope they clean up and replace those carpets!

My plan with the FB post is to do it sometime on Wednesday after our consent signing appointment with the RE. I want to ask her some questions considering the changes I've already seen since cutting out gluten and dairy. Like is it worth getting checked for the sensitivity? I want to be armed with that knowledge before I post
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Thanks for the advice! I have things ordered hope they arrive ASAP! 
  • @inthewoods23 haha you were indeed saying that. thanks girl I’m getting it Sick or not, sorry hubby 😆 questions for you, if you O late in a cycle does your luteal Phase stay 14 days and your period will be later then normal so your cycle would be longer... or does that mean my luteal phase will be short and have no chances of conceiving? Not that I really do this cycle anyways as I have been sick so that prob doesn’t help. I’ll try HIO anyways. Lol 
  • @mindyb2019 your luteal phase will stay the same length. Hence why you see a lot of responses to Peggy's that they may be testing too early because they don't know if they ovulated late or not. Now there is luteal phase defect, but that's when your LP is fairly short and not long enough to give an embryo time to implant.

So I know I said I don't get questions about kids, but damn the people asking questions about my diet.... The coworker I went on the trip with is doing keto so we're kinda in the same boat about not being able to eat things. We were over by my coworker in my department and we're talking about pizza like everything is normal and of course he asks why I'm on this new diet. I am always of the mindset of not questioning things because I figure it's not my right to know. Why do people care so much about why I'm not eating certain things??? Cue default "doctor's orders!". Ugh 😑😒
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @legallykate oooh I never watch the Oscars (or any awards show really except the TONYs. Anything/anyone good win?

@mvt2003 basement looks great! They cleaned up nicely today! Pictures included before. Yay for ER on Wednesday! I'll be thinking of you!

@ashaislurking good luck with your term paper!

@inthewoods23 I hope the FB post helps. Sometimes it's cathartic to get things out there or even just write it down to help process feelings.

@feather_heather nah it'll just be a nice quiet week off at home! Sorry you didn't get your spaghetti and meatballs this weekend. Hope you can get there for Valentine's day!

@photographerwife glad you had a nice weekend and that your cycles didn't get messed up!

@mindyb2019 yay for peak OPK! I'm glad you're cycle got its actually together. And yes, it'll be just a staycation. But I'm looking forward to it.

@allthingscozy so sorry for CD 1. I have an iProven bbt and used wondfos when I was using OPKs but I was thinking I'd try easy@home when I get back into them.

@kitkatz1990 ugh what a nightmare for your classroom. I hope they get it fixed quickly!  
  • @inthewoods23 ok good. that’s what I thought. I thought my Luteal phase should be the same length as normal. Thanks girl. How would I Know if I had luteal phase defect? Does that happen every cycle or is that a one off? I’m so sorry you have been getting questions about your diet. People are annoying and rude. Like why is it anyone’s business wtf you eat?? tell him to shove it lol 😆 

• @mindyb2019 I think a LFD is basically indicated by having an LP that's around 10 days or less. If it happens often that would be a defect. If it's once in a blue moon it's probably not a big deal.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • *lurking from WTO*

@inthewoods23 I’m not sure if there is something specific to infertility testing that I am aware of, but I am not aware of any validated general dairy or gluten sensitivity testing. There are some tests that exist in the naturopathic medicine world, but there is no evidence that that are accurate. I have only ever seen them come back positive. There is a test for celiac disease, but it doesn’t sound like you have that. I usually tell people who ask about food sensitivity testing that it is not worth it. 
  • @inthewoods23 ok cool. My LP is usually 11- 12 days every cycle so I guess that’s kinda normal 🤷‍♀️ I thought it was 14 days but I was wrong. It would be nice if it was a bit longer. 
  • @fitzfizz that's what I was thinking anyway. I know there's the celiac test but that doesn't give any indication for whether or not you're just sensitive. Like I really don't think there's harm going on by having gluten or dairy in my diet, but I don't want to have to completely switch the products I buy unless it's a real health concern. I guess my question is just how someone would know they're considered sensitive to either or not at all.

@mindyb2019 that's within the normal range so you're good. There's enough time for an embryo to implant 🙂
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 phew ok good lol 😁 
  • @inthewoods23 I think in this particular situation regarding fertility problems it is a bit out of my wheelhouse for the short term plan. My understanding of the problem with gluten/dairy and fertility is that in susceptible people those foods can lead to low level inflammation that can contribute to problems with egg release and implantation.

However for longer term it is highly unlikely you would need to keep this diet up. If you didn’t have any problems (specifically diarrhea, indigestion, rashes etc) prior time TTC then there really is no reason you would need to continue this diet once you are KU or after pregnancy. Essentially, there isn’t any non-TTC medical reason to be gluten or dairy free unless they cause symptoms. 
  • @fitzfizz yeah from what I've read it's some kind of immune system response so it's probably attacking any embryos hence why there's been no implantation success. If we're successful  coming up here, I just need to keep to the diet through the 1st Tri. I'm wondering (and hoping) this means I just need to switch back to this diet in the future to get KU naturally.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause