April 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2/10

What's happening this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/10

• The app is actually working for me today. It’s the first time in a while that’s it’s worked normally. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • It's about to be one of those weeks where I thought it would be quiet but has been sneakily filling up with things to do. Luckily today I have nothing though and can recover from a busy work weekend. It's getting harder on my body to be on my feet with concrete flooring for two long days in a row and it is prime bridal shopping time for us so lots of large groups to wrangle. I'm just zonked!
  • Loading the player...
  • Starting the week with a call from daycare about a possible allergic reaction on DDs hands and feet. They are red and a swollen. Dr said to wait it out since she isn't bothered at all by it- don't want to give meds mainly for itching if she isn't itching. The only new thing in 24hrs was a paint we used that she totally painted her hands and feet with- but it is a washable, non allergenic tempera paint and it was 18+hrs ago from her reaction. And she paints stuff all the time. Literally spent most of my morning playing call box with daycare, peds, DH. Hoping it clears up on it's own -and hoping it starts getting better soon. I'm solo t-th this week too, so fun times.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 oh no. I hope it clears up for her soon!
  • @smallbutmighty77 blech what a headache! Of course it happens when you're solo parenting! 
  • I'm trying to force myself into a cheerful mood at work. It's so hard these days. I'm just not getting the quality sleep I need and then I feel like I have nothing else to give anyone. 
  • @literatureandink With you on the trying to be cheerful at work thing today, especially after working the weekend and a less than stellar night sleep. Off tomorrow though - so that's what I try to think of when people are annoying me or I get morning heartburn from something I've eaten a million times, and I forgot my antacid at home. :P People keep asking me how the baby and I are doing, and I'm tempted to actually give them a full TMI answer instead of saying, "All right." :lol:

@smallbutmighty77 I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of that. I hope the allergic reaction DD has clears up. :disappointed: I dealt with some similar stuff as a kid, and it drove my mom crazy trying to figure out what was causing the rash. :anguished:

Looking forward to a rare day off together tomorrow with DH; we've got the doctor's appointment and ultrasound in the morning and tacos with friends in the evening and I'm looking forward to all of that tomorrow. I'm also happy to report that the nursery is progressing well and once we have the baby shower on Sunday, I'm going to start getting things set up in there. 

• @smallbutmighty77 Isn't that how it always is!  Stuff with the kids always happens at the worst/busiest time.  Hoping it clears up!  I'm doing mostly solo parenting until right around my due date and every day I'm thinking how am I going to make it the next 11 weeks.... 

@literatureandink ditto!  DH keeps asking what's wrong and telling me I'm not myself.  I'm like buddy, I'm uncomfortable and exhausted.  On a good night I only wake up three times. 

I'm having a weird day.  I started off this morning slamming my thumb in our front door while trying to shut it with my hands full of junk.  I swore, a lot, then cried while I tried to clean it off, disinfect and bandaid it all while DD1 asked me a thousand questions about my booboo.  Then I got to work to find out my director is retiring early.  She's amazing and I'm not looking forward to any changes happening that might come with this news.  On the bright side I just got word that I passed my glucose test!  
  • @kfrob Congrats on passing your glucose test! :)
  • @smallbutmighty77 I’m sorry about the reaction and the solo parenting. Hope she’s doing better now. 

@KFrob What a tough day. 

@sbalding88 Hope tomorrow is a great day. 

@literatureandink It is so hard to be motivated when you just want to sleep.

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @kfrob I’m so glad you passed! I’m sorry about your crap day. I’m going through something similar at work. My global director reorganized my group and while my job is completely extra safe (thankfully), my direct team was dissolved and now my boss is getting laid off and I’m reporting to a dude in Switzerland. This throws a huge wrench in maternity leave planning and basically when I get back it’s a whole new world.

@sbalding88 I can’t wait to hear about your shower and see your nursery!!

@mercury94 my app is actually working today, too! Thankfully.

Should we have a thread to show off our nurseries/baby spaces as we get them ready??
  • @literatureandink I think that's a great idea. I figure some of us are getting spaces ready or thinking of getting them ready soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH and I just went to the new Eataly that opened up here (Italian market eatery) and saw Parasite. It was so good!!! Also bean likes going to the movies methinks because they get wiggly 
  • @literatureandink We had a nursery thread a long time ago. We could bring that one back, but it might be nice to have a fresh one. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @KFrob That is the sweetest thing!
  • @KFrob How wonderful to be so validated and seen by your partner! Not that I would expect different from someone you chose to be your husband but wow, it really seems like this group has picked some winners!
  • I have to bake 100 heart shaped sugar cookies for a work thing tomorrow and I LOVE baking (and am actually kind of a snob about using “premade” instead of scratch) but I just can’t do it today. I ordered four packages of pre-cut pillsbury heart shaped cookies from Instacart because I just can’t be bothered. I kind of feel bad but mostly don’t.

• @literatureandink LOL. Girl, I feel you on the cookies. If I can get away with spending less time in my kitchen right now, I will do it. (And I love cooking - it's the clean up I hate.) Especially if it involves the oven because I'm hot all the time now. I don't know how moms handle being pregnant in the summer. :lol:
  • @sbalding88 I can confirm that it’s basically the worst and you want to die.  This April due date is the best time to be pregnant! 

@literatureandink as a fellow baker and anti premade snob I’m with you on the premade cookies.  I have to bring something into daycare for the kids’ parties and they’ll be lucky if I even go premade that still needs to bake vs just buying premade ready to go cookies or cupcakes! 
  • DH decided it would be taco night tonight and I have not eaten that much in ages. I had no idea how much I wanted store-bought taco seasoning in my life today, but I'm so glad it arrived.
  • I feel like I have missed so much. My app was just sh!t and decided to try it since I can’t sleep and lo and behold it is working!  Now getting caught up because... well I have to!!
  • @literatureandink Honestly they shouldn't have made you in charge of anything. Don't you get a free pass? Lol 

I used a face sheet mask last night and it was heavenly, but I woke up this morning with essentially a sunburn 😠
  • Gotta say DH has been the best lately. He knows I've been really struggling with sleep lately, so he's been giving me the whole bed to myself a few nights a week!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KFrob @sbalding88 DS was born in September in south Texas. I can confirm that being pregnant in the hot summer blows. I’m pretty hot now and everyone else is wearing thick coats. So glad to have better weather this late in pregnancy this time. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 DD2 was born Oct 1st.  We're in the northeast and I still wanted to die in the summer.  If we lived in South TX I probably would have made DH move lol
  • @mercury94 @KFrob Haha - my two sisters and I were all born between August 15-September 24th so my mom went through 3 summers of being in her third trimester the whole summer. And my sister just had my niece on September 3rd this fall. Clearly, I had the right idea getting pregnant in the summertime so I can have a spring baby. :lol: Our central air at work hasn't been working right so recently it's been blowing cold air in the workroom, and I'm the only one who isn't complaining about that. :) Do we really have to fix it? 

@literatureandink I made some homemade cookies around Christmas for our 5th and 6th grade Sunday school's Christmas party, but I think I won't be doing that again until postpartum. My only cookie past time right now is eating homemade cookies others make. :lol: 

@babybison Ouch! I bought a face mask to do sometime soon. Hopefully, it doesn't give me the same result. :confounded:
  • @KFrob I will say that I hated summers almost as much when I lived in the Northeast due to the lack of central air in so many buildings. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • My mom decided it was okay to post the baby’s name on a family FB group without asking me. The post was basically, my granddaughter is due in April, so I’m going to be busy with that. Um, no. I’m going to be busy with that, Mom. You will still be retired and will only see my kids once or twice a week. Plus, what gives you the right to share the name I chose with extend family members that I don’t even know. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I'm pretty sure baby is hiccupping on my bladder right now and it is the weirdest feeling.
  • @mercury94 noooooooo that is so inappropriate and out of line! It’s comparable to posting a picture of her and announcing her birth before you do! I’m sorry that happened.
  • @mercury94 That is so frustrating and self-serving. I'm sorry she did that!
  • @mercury94 That's so inconsiderate!
  • I got my Tdap yesterday and woke up feeling kinda junky today.  It took me a couple of hours to realize it might be from the vaccination.  I also didn't get much sleep last night. blah.
  • @KFrob Hope you’re already feeling better. 

@literatureandink @korthouse @KFrob Thanks for understanding. When I told DH about it, he said “that’s just your mom” and shrugged. But, that’s how he reacts to my mom. Basically, he talks about her like she’s another child we have to care for, so I think he thought he was just agreeing with me, but I was annoyed that it didn’t bother him too. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 that just sucks that all that you worry about with your mom is causing you more anxiety.  Like how you’re concerned about missing when DS gets to see DD for the first time.  Wish I had something to say that could help. 
  • @mercury94 That's so frustrating! Some people just need it to be all about them. We have a No Social Media policy for pictures of DS, and my MIL is always reminding me that she was about to post but then didn't. Like she needs praise for respecting our wishes. Unfortunately for MH, she posts childhood pictures of him to fill the void 😆
  • @kfrob after my TDAP I was super tired and kind of felt like crap for a day.  Ended up looking at the side effects and they seemed to be in line with how I was feeling.