All Group Ticker Change- February 2nd

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: All Group Ticker Change- February 2nd

• EDD/weeks: 21 weeks, 1 day 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: PINK 

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive (the bump was clearly clutching at straws this week!)

Upcoming appointments: nothing until a midwife appointment end of month

How are you feeling? Okay- I have a killer cold and wish I could take the strong cold meds ha. Besides that I feel fine but I’m starting to feel like I’m slowing down a bit.

Raves/Rants: I had my second pregnancy yoga class of this pregnancy yesterday and it’s GREAT. The teacher is awesome and I love it even though I’m terrible at normal yoga ha. 

Questions: Any good sale cold remedies? I’m suffferrrringgggf!

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Amazon BY FAR. For clothes pretty much everything Non maternity is from the Gap (and only when on sale!).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/Weeks: June 30th, 18+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: PINK!

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke 

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on Tuesday,  NIPT confirmed girl already but still excited to see baby

How are you feeling? HUNGRY! All the time

Raves/Rants: headaches every day ugh

Questions:  Pretty sure I've been getting Braxton hicks contractions on and off this week. Dont remember them starting this early with last 3 pregnancy,  normal? Anyone else?

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Amazon
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 31/23 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Team blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): grapfruit

Upcoming appointments:  None scheduled right now.  Waiting for the pediatric cardiologist to call me back to schedule an appointment, due to not being about to get a good view of baby's heart at 2 anatomy scans

How are you feeling?  Overall good, just tired some days

Raves/Rants: Still pretty annoyed that the MFM didnt try harder to see baby's heart at the followup anatomy scan.  I feel like she could have had me walk around or drink something, etc.  But within 5 minutes she declared it impossible.  Trying to look at is as another opportunity to see baby. 

Questions:  None, just made a post about bassinets, since I feel lost. 

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most?  Amazon definitely.  Target is probably second. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 20 weeks today! half way there!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana

Upcoming appointments: OB 2/27 and Fetal Echo 2/28

How are you feeling? Pretty good for the most part. Very tired still, and some back aches. 

Raves/Rants: The nursery is getting painted today! The crib and dresser arrived yesterday. So I am excited to get the decorating underway. Also I feel like hitting the half way point is a huge victory for me. After all the time and heartache it took to get here, just so very happy it is really happening. 

Questions: None right now.

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Definitely Amazon. I make good use of that prime free shipping lol. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @mommaweasel I’ve been getting Braxton hicks too. They were pretty frequent on my work trip last week but i think i was pushing it too much. Apparently they can start around 20 weeks if it’s not your first pregnancy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: June 19 / 20+2

Upcoming appointments: February 17 for routine checkup

How are you feeling? I feel pretty good, but struggling a little due to my son’s current 5 AM wake time. And feeling pretty guilty about my total lack of sex drive. 

Raves/Rants: I've started baby girl’s quilt, which officially starts the planning/decorating stage for me. My mom will be in the nursery for the first few months, but I’m going to have everything on hand so we can decorate as soon as she moves into the guest house we’re about to start building. 

Questions: Is there any way to block people from this board who have absolutely no regard for the rules (even after a friendly nudge) and keep starting one-off threads?!? Geez...

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Definitely Amazon. I’m actually on a fast from Amazon since we’re trying to save, and it’s my #1 culprit for unnecessary spending! I’m ashamed to say that alone has saved us a good bit over the past month lol. 
  • @mommaweasel My braxton Hicks start around 13 weeks. Much more frequent past 20. Trying to remember to rest, drink a ton of water, and empty my bladder a lot helps. Seriously, don't drink enough water, get BH, let my bladder get too full from drinking more water? Get even more BH. 

@kjack86 I wish. I'll keep doing copy and paste responses until the point is understood. ick.

EDD/weeks+days: 22+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Upcoming appointments: Feb 18 ish I think? And home visit probably before that? Idk, it's written down somewhere, but not exciting appointment this month.

How are you feeling? Other than pelvis pain, doing OK. Eating a couple bites every 2 hours keeps the heart burn at bay. 

Raves/Rants: My support belt is super complicated to put on and feels like a chastity belt, and walker just leaves me feeling super disabled. rave-my not always smart husband has done a great job in general picking up my slack around house and with kids. I just need to get a quick vacuum in. Maybe if I do couches he'll do floors.

Questions: Nada. I feel like an old hand. 3 in 4 years just feels like a constant pregnancy, especially when nursing the whole time, lol!

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Amazon. In person Costco or Aldi, but sometimes Walmart when I can't get stuff at the first two. Trying to use Amazon to fill in those gaps though!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: June 11/ 21 weeks 3 days

Team: pink

Baby is the size of: endive

upcoming appointments: Feb 25 I have a repeat scan bc they couldn’t get all the views of baby girl’s heart, and to check my placenta position since it is low. Also, I think I have the glucose tolerance test.

How are you feeling: Overall good. Sciatic pain and tired. These 12 hour days are starting to become brutal.

Raves/Rants: I wish I were better at controlling my weight. I don’t feel like I’m eating like crazy or heaps of junk, but I feel like it’s coming on too quickly some months. 

Questions: none that I can think of.

GTKY: online, amazon. In person Target. I’m also a sucker for antique stores

• EDD/weeks+days: June 4th 22 weeks 3 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut. 

Upcoming appointments: Friday is my 24 week appointment but just a little early because none of the midwives were available as late in the day as I needed the following week. 

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Heartburn is bad but I'm working through it. Feeling Sloane is moving a ton which is fun because I had an anterior placenta with my oldest and hardly felt him. 

Raves/Rants: My belly is finally big enough for my $10 consignment sale overalls! I wish I felt like I could wear them to work. I will 100% be living in them on the weekends! 

Rant: we need to get our house purged and listed. Like yesterday. But I feel like everything where we want to move (closer to my work) is just too much money. 

Questions: nope. 

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Target. Also I'm obsessed with a diaper/kids boutique called Dearest Diapers. I live near her shop and shop online a ton too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EDD/weeks+days: 20 +2 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): Popsical (height)

Upcoming appointments: check in and follow up ultrasound 

How are you feeling? Not bad - had to start on Nexium and my pelvis is definitely getting sore faster. Hoping a visit to the chiropractor will help. 

Raves/Rants: Rant: I second (third?) the annoyance with one offs.  I didnt get it when I first joined but now I do. Rave: Just got a box from BabyList and there are so many samples! Putting my mind at ease about picking brands to know I'll be able to experiment with what works best for us. 

Questions: Any one else thought they would be a one kid only person and change their minds? 

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Probably Amazon and Target like everyone else. Also do a fair amount at Tractor Supply which starts out as routine runs for the horses and magically other things wind up in my cart too lol

@hayhay2501 - Robitusin DM was on my doctor's list and it did seem to help a little with sleeping. I also put a vicks vaporizer by my bed.  I seemed to have moved from really congested to just a lingering cough. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited February 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 19+4, for me this is halfway!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Upcoming appointments: OB and dietitian checkin later this month

How are you feeling? I'm taking a bit hit to my energy and stamina right now. Also my hips hurt a lot more than with my first pregnancy and that's getting old fast (sympathy to those of you with severe problems, mine are probably just normal pregnancy aches).

Raves/Rants: DS is so excited to be a big brother. His enthusiasm gets me through the tough days.

I'm getting discouraged about how long i have to go on this GD management. It's a constant drag on my time and energy. It's going well, but I'd kill for a day off when I could nap as long as I need to or actually fall asleep when my body is ready. 

Questions: anyone talking about baby showers yet? Have any great ideas for transitioning a toddler to their big kid room? That's my key focus right now since the nursery will pretty much stay unchanged between kids for us. 

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Amazon, Target pick up, Costco and Trader Joe's
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn we are doing the same - keeping nursery decor and DS will get a big boy room. Because we’re moving, we are going to keep his room the same for now, because I want to keep it as similar as possible for him with that big change, but probably when he’s around 2, and this baby is 5-6 months, we will move him into a big boy room and baby into the nursery.

EDD/weeks+days: 20+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue! 

Upcoming appointments: next week to go over anatomy scan results. 

How are you feeling? Okay. Sleeping is hard and insomnia is worse. Baby is still super low, and even though I don’t feel a ton bigger a lot of my maternity clothes from last time don’t fit which is annoying because I don’t want to buy new ones. 

Raves/Rants: we begin moving today! Officially in organization mode to get everything done and budget out what we need for this baby boy. Rant: it is really disheartening when you have multiple kids of same sex and people’s first reaction is to say something about “trying for (sex you don’t have).” We found out a week ago and aren’t making a big announcement, but if someone asks I say we are having a boy, and it’s sad that they almost expect me not to be as excited for this boy as I was for my first or that my life can’t possibly be complete without a girl. 

Questions: why do I feel like I need more things for this baby than I did for my first? Lord help me. 

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Easily target! I buy the majority of kid clothes at Old Navy, and online is probably amazon. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: June 8 but possibly 3 weeks earlier if my placenta doesn't move! Currently 22 weeks! 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue! 

Upcoming appointments: Feb 18 for another ultrasound to check on my placenta previa and regular appt

How are you feeling?:  Not great! Bed rest sucks! I'm glad to be home but I'm sad to not be working, I can't exercise and I miss that a lot, and I can't eat too much or I get evil heartburn and back spasms. And I can't have sex!!! 😭😭 

Raves/Rants: Rant: see above. Rave: grateful for my husband who has been an angel and taken such good care of me, cooking amazing meals and tolerating me being a giant baby . 

Questions: not really a question but a general comment: I didn't expect to be this uncomfortable this early! My belly isn't even that big but between the back pain and belly stretching wow - didn't think it would be this intense this early! 

Amazon and Seamless lol since I can't leave my apt!! 
  • @kyrwyn My thought would be to move toddler sooner rather than later, to avoid jealousy or feeling like baby is taking their space. 

Making sure new room is safe (we attached heavy furniture to walls made sure cords were out of reach) and finding a way to secure kid in room (baby gate or doorknob cover) were important to us before moving kiddo. I had bed set up for at least a week ahead of time, and started with just naps in there, and after a week or two moved overnights in there. 

But, if baby is going to room with you for a while, you can elect not to move toddler until after baby's arrival. Totally up to you of course. 

The second toddler we moved was a move into her big brother's room to share. It actually went really well, especially considering she was only 15 months old. My first was in crib until 3 years, but with my pelvis struggling, I didn't want to have to lift her in and out anymore.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail Great thoughts! Moving our toddler is contingent upon me cleaning out the guest/craft room, finally painting it (12yrs later), having my dad swap the ceiling fan, and buying/assembling appropriate furniture. We made big progress on the cleanout this weekend, but it'll take all our weekends this month to get it work-ready. DS1 is involved in talking about his new room, and my brother printed him off a big moon picture for his big boy room, and we've been to Ikea a few times to audition big boy beds (he's excited to have room for more stuffies). 

The nice thing about starting from scratch is that I get a chance to toddler proof from the start, with an idea of exactly how intrepid my climber is (very). I've got outlet covers (the box ones, since he's aware the plugs can be pulled out) and furniture anchors ready to roll. We are not playing around with safety! 

Hoping to have it move in ready by April, finances and energy level allowing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: 21w0D/June 15

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive 

Upcoming appointments: MFM, OB & Cardio Feb 7th

How are you feeling? Good, other than the acid reflux/indigestion 

Raves/Rants: Rave- Finally felt outside movement yesterday... movements are getting stronger. Especially if he is hungry, he will be impatient I am sure, just like his big sis ! 

Rants- People suck..... Fiance had an accident in Nov, it was the lady's fault. He moved the car(which was totaled) to just one lane since it was rush hour and she hit him so hard the car spun and ended up horizontal on oncoming traffic. the idiot cop tried to charge him with fleeing the scene of an accident and some other charge. Missed work today and spent an entire morning in court just to have the Judge obviously drop the ridiculous charges. 

Questions:
    Any one else feel the need to organize but do not have the energy it requires... at least not yet lol 
    Does anyone use a wedge? Is a body pillow better? Insomnia isnt getting better. Worst part of it is being uncomfortable when I am sleepy. 

Amazon and target 

@chaos-and-coffee I feel the same way, maybe because it is a different gender. Not sure but I feel like I am on a time crunch and have to buy the entire store to be prepared  :D

• @lizanet you perfectly described how I am feeling - the need to organize all the things but no energy to do so because insomnia wahhhh
  • EDD/weeks+days: 20wk 6/22

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team blue--Luke Abram

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

Upcoming appointments: had one today so nothing till the beginning of march

How are you feeling? Great. Had a prenatal massage toda . Only minor complaint is some minor heartburn.  

Raves/Rants: Prenatal massages are amazing!!  I've only gained 5lbs so far this pregnancy!  I have a low lying placenta this time which may thwart my VBAC hopes but Hooray for an extra ultrasound in 8wks. 

Questions: nope

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Well I go to the grocery store the most....I'm not a big shopper but have done my fair share of amazon.com shopping.  
  • DD/weeks+days: June 11, 21wk 4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Bluuuuuuue

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive ... I honestly can't even tell you what that is. 

Upcoming appointments: Feb 18 for a regular OB check up!

How are you feeling? Oh the usual: insomnia, headaches, heartburn. I definitely feel worse now than I did during the first trimester. Sigh. On the bright side, last night I didn't sleep well but I DON'T have a headache today... #winning.

Raves/Rants: Rant--just feeling crappy all the time. No bueno.

Questions: None!

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Amazonia lol
  • EDD/weeks+days: June 12? I actually keep forgetting this

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink!!

Baby is the size of a(n): no idea

Upcoming appointments: Friday for 22 week

How are you feeling? So. Much. Better. First it was the nonstop couldn’t eat for 14 weeks, I had one good week then got a cold and have been sick with stomach bugs and Multiple influenza strains since. I’m finally sickness free and loving just normal second trimester complaints!!

Raves/Rants: already tired of all the political candidates rallying. It’s too soon to be but the drama gets me-I wish everyone could keep it classy and kind. 

Questions: none right now. Except who else feels huge already? Second babies are no joke. 

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Amazon for sure. If I go to a real store I blow our budget!!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • @chaos-and-coffee I am hoping in the next 3 weeks we can gain some of our energy  back and insomnia can go away! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 20 weeks today!!

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet potato

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for anatomical US and Friday for normal appointment

How are you feeling? Good!  For some reason I was so nervous about this pregnancy given the number of times I was reminded that it's a geriatric pregnancy, but it's been the easiest so far (and I have fairly easy pregnancies).  More anxiety than the other two, but less m/s and I feel good.

Raves/Rants: My older two have Flu B and the last 5 days have been brutal.

Questions: 

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most?  Grocery or Amazon.  Target is my happy place, but we're rural and don't have stores near us, so I don't get to go often.

• @ReneeJ2011 I haven’t had a prenatal massage yet this pregnancy and I definitely need to treat myself for my bday next month. They are SO GOOD. 

@alli392 I feel so much bigger than I did with DD!

@JessiBride I’m sorry your children have been so ill! Sounds brutal. I hope they’re all better soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @alli392 i feel massive! Looking at pictures I don't think it's that much different. Part of me thinks first baby I was just so excited for a belly. This time I love it but also would be OK with not getting huge, which I will. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: June 9, 22 weeks 

Upcoming appointments: nothing until the end of the month, just normal appointment 

How are you feeling? Good!

Raves/Rants: none

Questions: none

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Target and Amazon 

BabyFruit Ticker

• EDD/weeks+days: June 12 / 22 weeks tomorrow!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Between an endive and a coconut.

Upcoming appointments: Next midwife appt is 2/28 at 25 weeks. I think I'll get instructions for the glucose test next appt. My practice just has you drink some sugary juice and then come in an hour later for the blood work or something like that.

How are you feeling? Fine! I have some hip/joint pain but I think that's from overexertion. Still not feeling baby move a lot (anterior placenta) - can't wait until it's consistent!

Raves/Rants: No rants, but a few raves! I took a half day at work on Monday and brought DS into NYC for the afternoon to go to the Central Park zoo. We had such a nice day and DS was so good on the ferry and subways. DS hasn't stopped talking about all the animals he saw! Also - big rant - DS is FINALLY weaned. He'll be 2 1/2 in March so this was a long time coming, but he never seemed ready and I wasn't pushing him to stop. He was only nursing at bedtime and in the morning and if he woke up at night (we co-sleep). I am so glad we have a few months between weaning and the new baby since I didn't plan on tandem nursing and now I don't think he'll be as jealous when/if the new baby nurses.

Questions: None.

GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Amazon for sure! There's an amazon box on my porch almost everyday. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @thinkpositive2017 Congrats on weaning. My oldest (3.5) still nurses once per day, before bed, but my second kinda self weaned when I insisted on night weaning at 15 months (and 15 weeks pregnant, lol). Big kid nurses only a couple min, no more than 5, but little one will only latch for like 15 seconds once every 3 or 4 days. Not totally weaned, but pretty much. I'm interested to see what happens when baby is here and milk comes back in. My supply dropped to nearly nothing at 14 weeks, and now I think big kid is only getting a couple drops of colostrum. I'm open to tandem nursing again, but no idea if it'll happen. I do know the two big ones won't be nursing more than twice a day each, 5 min tops.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @thinkpositive2017 - congrats! My last one self weaned at 2.5 and it was bittersweet (but I wasn't PG and I thought she was my last). A month later she wanted to nurse again and I had to tell her there wasn't anything there.  She said "I drinked it all?" Broke my heart.  I loved nursing and am so looking forward to it again!  I actually looked into becoming a LC after my first because I wanted to support new mamas.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 6/4, 23+1
    Baby is the size of a: grapefruit (is that really bigger than a coconut? sometimes these make no sense to me)
    Team Pink!
    Upcoming appointments: I had an OB appt earlier this week, so nothing for a while 
    How are you feeling? Having a lot of trouble sleeping. Continuing the fight against constipation. Emotional about changes to my delivery plan but starting to cope. 
    Raves/Rants: I desperately need new bras that fit, but have no time to go shopping. (Would really prefer to try on first.)
    Questions: A week after I learned I had an anterior placenta, I started to be able to consistently feel baby kick, and it’s easily noticeable, as much as with DD1. Is that to be expected later in pregnancy? 
    GTKY- What stores/ sites do you shop at the most? Weekly grocery shopping, plus Amazon. 
  • edited February 2020
    @pourmeanothermocktail @JessiBride
    Thanks! I took some bad advice when DS turned 1 and attempted to stop nursing cold turkey. DS and I were both such emotional messes by the end of one day that I abandoned that idea and decided that I would know best when our breastfeeding days were over. This time around there were no tears and the transition felt natural.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @FigTreeMama actually same situation here with my anterior placenta. I can now feel kicks from the outside. But for me they’re all low or on my side! From speaking to others who had one they felt the baby more and more as they grew and got stronger 
    BabyFruit Ticker