Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 2/3

2»

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 2/3

• @nitnat007 - I get my PIO from my local CVS pharmacy! Is that an option for you?
  • @feather_heather Unfortunately not. I am located in Canada. So our methods and options are limited. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mvt2003 sorry you are uncomfortable...but yay for great follie growth so far, hope they all keep on growing!! And you rock those comfy dresses!! 
  • @emmasemm Hi friend! I was hoping that you would weigh in on this. Thank you! I miss you on the boards, but have been following your journey, and so excited for you!  <3

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we get Lubion in Canada as yet (wouldn't that have been convenient). And it appears that the supply of PIO up here is depleting rapidly, so I am not even sure if that will still be an option for me by the time March rolls around. Even with sourcing through a compounding pharmacy. 

I have done the suppositories/pearls with both of my fresh transfers. I didn't find them bad to deal with. But both of them failed, so obviously there is that little piece of doubt that sits with me going "what if". I just didn't want to have any regrets as this is our only frozen embryo we have. If that meant dealing with a little pain in the butt, then so be it. 

I have not read the study personally, but have heard there is one that was done recently indicating the success rates of the combination of PIO and suppositories. PIO until week 6, I believe, then switching to suppositories. I will have to see if I can source it and share here. 
  • @nitnat007 personally with one embryo I would say go with both PIO and suppositories from the start, then let the PIO be the first one you stop (but not before seeing the HB).
    The PIO I had didn’t have too short a shelf life, so you could probably already source it now for March.
    I’m keeping everything crossed for you!!! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• ***lurking***

@nitnat007 I used a compounding pharmacy when there was the PIO shortage of 2017, and it was nbd.  I had mine compounded in olive oil instead of sesame, since the sesame was giving me a reaction.

*TWs* IVF success / failure
    <div class=" Spoiler">Ffwd to 2019 and we tried to switch up the protocol, and sadly our first natural cycle (with pearls!) Failed.  😓 So we went back to the proven medicated course with PIO and this time my body didn't respond.  No idea why!  But eventually the natural cycle worked.  Just took us several goes.  If you feel more comfortable upping the ante and doing the PIO+pearls, I say reach out to the compounding pharmacy and try that route.  But that said, if your levels were rising appropriately on the pearls before with your fresh transfers, I'm not sure there's any reason to think that would have been the cause of the unsuccessful cycles. :/ (((Hugs)))</div>
    fx you get your hands on what you need, and your THB is on his/her way to you, friend! ❤️❤️❤️

@keikilove YGPM
  • Love that @abarr723 !! 

Random question for my IVF ladies - I go back for monitoring tomorrow morning, and obviously I'll ask the question and get clarification from the nurse, but just for my own knowledge now - if they tell me to trigger tomorrow night, do I still do my regular stim shots of Gonal-F and Cetrotide along with the trigger?

Also, they only gave me 6 days worth of Cetrotide, so I have 3 days of that left after tonight, and 3 days of Gonal-F left after tonight, but I have refills on my RXs, how long did you ladies stay on stims once you introduced your antagonist? 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 - When I got the phone call to trigger that night, I was instructed no more gonal-f or cetrotide!

@abarr723 - Love that!  <3
  • Thank you @feather_heather @inthewoods23 It makes me oddly nervous to see how much EWCM I have - my body is clearly like OK LADY I'M READY :D I also get a little nervous because weekends make me nervous with medical stuff in general! 

Also, @inthewoods23 speaking of fertile family members, did I tell you my Fertile Myrtle SiL thought that my monitoring appointments were checking on my embryos?! :D:D:D 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Oh @kpearse99 I'm so sorry it was bad news! I've been refreshing all day to see what would happen. :( I'm thinking of you! A month-long break does sound good for both of you, it will be a good temporary weight off your shoulders while you regroup I'm sure. I'm glad you were with H and didn't have to get the news alone! You can relax a bit (as much as possible) this month and we'll be here when you need to talk!  <3
  • @kpearse99 ❤️❤️❤️❤️

@mvt2003 well when you're priming your body for LOTS of eggs it happens. Haha. I've noticed with the estradiol valerate injections I seem much more lubricated than normal. Thanks estrogen 😆
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @kpearse99 - Oh friend, I'm so sorry. Sending you love and positive thoughts today <3 
  • abarr723abarr723 member
    edited February 2020
    @kpearse99 I am so so so sorry you are having a rough day. I am glad that you are handling it well though! I think it is a great idea for you and hubs to take a break  this month. It will be good for you both mentally to reset and go back to it refreshed if you so desire! Thinking of you!!

@inthewoods23 how long have you been TTC if you dont mind me asking?? I also have super fertile family members, so none of them would understand what I am going through. I have a few friends that I share my struggle with, but they all also have kids. Hence why I sought out some  people who could understand what I am dealing with. This group has been the greatest find I could ever make! I was thinking the other day what I'm going to do if we end up pregnant, like it would probably be weird for me to continue to hang out here. lol 

AFM: So I have spent a lot of time on the phone today with Avella (fertility pharmacy) getting my order for Ovidrel squared away. I had an issue with my FSA processing my payment, annoying. Also, they gave me a total of $197 for the Ovidrel! Does that seem right?! Do you ladies pay that much for trigger shots? I almost passed out when she told me the price. 
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• @emmasemm @BusinessWife Thank you both for the advice and info! I think my gut is telling me to go with the PIO if possible. Wish that I could pre-order it now, but our clinic waits another couple weeks. FX! Sending you both love. 

@kpearse99 Aw friend! My heart just breaks for you right now. Getting that news is gut wrenching. Do all the things you need to in order to heal your heart. Take the break for you and YH. Enjoy each other, laugh, cry, whatever you need to do. And know that we are here for you always.  <3
  • @abarr723 feels like forever 😆 since the cycle that started in July 2017. I don't think I've paid more than $100 or so for my trigger shot and that actually was without insurance. With insurance I think I pay maybe 60? Definitely double check that the price is with insurance! That seems way high.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 so apparently the first person I was dealing with neglected to add my insurance! 😒 with the insurance, the trigger is only $35, Thank god!
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• @abarr723 without insurance my trigger shot was around that price but with my insurance, and through one pharmacy in particular that’s about 40 minutes away, it’s only $50.00. 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I am so, so sorry. But I am glad that you and DH are on the same page about taking a cycle off. 💜

@keikilove sending you love. 💜 I agree that it's interesting they haven't noticed your bicornate uterus before. I would have so many questions. 

• @keikilove Will absolutely keep you posted. I was given two options to call, one I know has already run out. So I am starting to panic about it slightly. For both of my fresh transfers I did 2 pearls x 3 times a day. The dosage you have been given seems low? Do they come in different strengths? I assumed they were generic. 
    Everything crossed for your cycle starting soon and not interfering with any of your current plans. Sending positive vibes!  <3
  • @nitnat007 it seems really low to me too. They’re only 100mg each. For my IUIs I was on 2 pearls once a day already so that really doesn’t seem like enough. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kpearse99 Sorry about the news today! I hope this month break helps you find new hope, relieves the stress of IF, and let’s you refocus. Many creepy internet hugs to you. 

@kiki047 Hope you get answers soon so all the timing isn’t off for the other plans! 

@abarr723 Glad they got your insurance applied to that! 
  • @kiki047 I’ll take a look at mine tomorrow and get back to you. I still have leftovers from my fresh cycle laying around I think. 
  • @kiki047 Checked and mine are 100mg as well. I am fairly certain that that is the standard dose as well, as I did not get my progesterone levels checked after we started IVF. And from prior testing my progesterone level had always been normal. 
  • *lurking* 
    @kpearse99 I’m so sorry about the negative beta. You’ve been on my mind this week. I hope you and DH feel refreshed after a break. *creepy internet hugs* 
  • whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited February 2020
    @mvt2003 Yay for more progress, and for your sweet H!