Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 2/7

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 2/7

• Loading the player...
  • *lurking from TWW*
    @gingermama29 yay, that is a pretty looking wall! I’m sure it is wonderful having that incredibly stressful situation over with now!! 
  • @fitzfizz - Does melatonin work for you? I have to take that every night in order to fall asleep.

Funny story about benedryl - last year I tried out this olive oil soap that my gyno recommended switching to and it ended up giving me a rash all over. It was a Friday night and I took another benadryl after work (followed by a coffee so I wouldn't fall asleep) and we went out to dinner. I didn't realize you shouldn't drink with benadryl and I had one glass of wine and I was falling asleep at the table, couldn't keep my eyes open. My DH was afraid it looked like he drugged me so we finished eating fast and went home haha

Month/Cycle: 19 

CD: 28

WAYDTGKU: IVF - Biopsy and ERA testing

R/R: DH and I were planning on going out to dinner tonight to this Italian restaurant, because I have been craving their spaghetti and meatballs (and a big glass of wine lol)... and he just texted me that they are keeping everyone at work tonight because of the high winds that are expected later today  :s 

CS/Q: none
  • @gingermama29 - Yay! It looks good!! I'm glad that you will no longer have that stressor in the back of your mind all the time!
  • @fitzfizz I bet you'll get CHs tomorrow! The Benadryl problem is quite a pickle - I thought maybe Unisom, but that's another antihistamine. I would try using some lavender products (lotion, essential oil to smell) to cue your body for sleep, and then try a meditation on Spotify. We listened to one last week and I literally was falling asleep during it, I'll try to dig it up for you. Also, nothing is quite as exhausting as SMEP IMO :D 

@gingermama29 YAY!!!!!!!!! Nothing like a closed up house before a snowstorm! :D 

@feather_heather OMG your story! I'm dying! Sorry they're keeping YH at work! It's just so crappy out right now! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Lurking from TWW

@fitzfizz you may already know this, but you can put a fake temp in for tomorrow and see if it gives you CH. I used to like to play the game of “what is the lowest temperature I can have and still get CH” haha 
  • @kpearse99 Crossing all the things for you today!

@fitzfizz I think you will get your CHs tomorrow!

@gingermama29 The wall looks amazing!

@feather_heather That is hilarious that your DH was worried people would think he drugged you, lol. Boo to your dinner plans for tonight, can you order something delicious in?

@mvt2003 There are some stretchy work pants that I always see on Amazon that are highly rated and look super comfortable.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, temping, PNVs, preseed, DTD during FW

R/R: Finally Friday, this week has dragged! Having a friend over tonight to binge watch TV (and probably have some drinks since my OPKs are still super negative)

CS/Q: So I usually try to wake up and temp right at 6, but today I had to get out of bed to pee at 5 so I temped then and my temp was almost a degree lower than normal. I went back to bed but then hit snooze on my alarm and didn’t get up until 7, and when I temped then it was 0.2 over my normal. Would you keep the latter, or discard both? Femometer is now thinking I O’d yesterday (on CD 11, wut) but FF is still thinking it will be Tuesday (CD 16 again) which is probably going to be right based on the negative OPKs. I think maybe I just need to either temp or do OPKs and probably the latter. TL/DR: I suck at predicting O and am driving myself crazy.

Sidenote: I got crazy busy yesterday and didn’t return to respond, but to those who asked, I haven’t been on hormonal BC since 2017 so there is no real reason for my cycle to all of a sudden change other than stress/my body being a dick.

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Lurking again, I promise I am also doing work today 

@legallykate if it were me and I was on CD 12 with no positive OPK yet, I would record the lower temp and put the higher one in the notes section 
  • @fitzfizz and @legallykate thank you gals!!!! <3<3
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• bluetickgalbluetickgal member
    edited February 2020
    *lurking from TWW* 
    @bserena safe travels! I hope you have a good trip and get some good quality time in!
    @inthewoods23 so sorry for the anxiety and just feeling down! Sending hugs you way! 💜
    *Edited because I forgot spoiler 
  • @gingermama29 thats a beautiful wall, congrats!  may it hold forever

@feather_heather not benadryl related but years ago when DH and i were dating and used to go out often, i was super overworked and always tired.  i had been known to nod off sitting at bars and actually did fall asleep one time.  he was soooo concerned someone would think the worst!

@mvt2003 i've been getting all my joggers and sweats at Kohls lately--they have so many brands but i have a bunch from tek gear

@inthewoods23 so sorry to hear about your bad day yesterday--i hate when they creep up on you like that.  but today is friday and hoping the hockey game is all you are hoping for!!

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: opks soon, maybe next week?  unsure of right time to start using. 

R/R: i have so many errands to run today and i hate that its raining here...going to keep watching out the window for a pocket of dry weather and run for it!!

CS/Q: no

happy friday everyone!

• @mvt2003 - Oh wow! I commend you! I couldn't button my pants towards the end of my stimming haha I have a few pairs of nice joggers from Old Navy!

@legallykate - Your night sounds fun! Enjoy!

@bserena - I'm glad you are able to make the trip to see your dad, even though it's under hard circumstances. Vermont is supposed to be getting some fresh today I believe!

@inthewoods23 - Oh no! I'm glad your DH was home and able to help out and give you a break! I hope you have a great time at the hockey game!!
  • HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES!! 

Month/Cycle: 5/2(AL)

CD: 14 

WAYDTGKU: Pressed, OPKS, Clearblue Fertility Monitor, tracking CM, FF, HIO

R/R: I’m getting frustrated at this cycle and I just want it to end. This has been a long ass FW and I’m tired and I’m sick and grumpy to boot. I keep getting High fertility everyday on my OPKs and it’s been 5 in a row now. I normally only get 2 before my peak but I’m not sure what’s going on. Maybe cause I’m sick? 🤷‍♀️ I will definitely O late this cycle which is rare for me and that’s IF I even O at all which I’m thinking my LH surge is not happening at this rate. I have also been spotting mid cycle for the past 2 days which has never happened to me in my entire life and it’s annoying. This whole entire cycle has been really off. Sorry I’m negative Nancy today. 😔 I just want AF to come so I can move on to a new fresh cycle. 

CS/Q: None 

@fitzfizz I feel ya on the Crossing the fingers for having FW over. I want mine to be over too. Sorry your tired and haven’t been sleeping. I hope you get your CHs soon.

@gingermama29 yay for the basement wall. The wall Looks good. I’m glad your anxiety and stress has gone down. Hopefully it stays that way.

@feather_heather hahha that story made me laugh. 😂 I needed that this morning. Thank u
    you. Aww sorry you don’t get to go out for your Italian dinner tonight. Hope you get your spaghetti and meatballs soon though. Boo erns to the high winds today. 

@mvt2003 woo hoo for casual day at work. Love those days. Sorry your feeling pretty bloated but yay for wearing jeans. That’s a win 😁 Hope you find some nice stretchy pants. I don’t really have any suggestions today. 

@legallykate enjoy your binge watching tv tonight with your friend. I am driving myself crazy with predicting O too. I feel ya girl. It drives you batty. 
  • *lurking from TWW*

@fitzfizz (and anyone else who takes Benadryl regularly), be careful. Studies have shown a link between regular use of anticholinergic medications and early-onset dementia. Just some food for thought. When I found that out from my site supervisor at my internship, I did some reading on it, and then tossed my Benadryl/Zzzquil/etc and started taking Valerian root instead. I get it at Whole Foods for about $7 for 60 capsules. It's the same ingredient they put in Sleepytime time, but slightly more concentrated. Those who are cautious about benzodiazapines, though, might wanna steer clear, since benzos like Valium and Xanax are a super-duper-concentrated form of Valerian root.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• I second @ttcbabyodo on Valerian root! I have taken it in the past for sleep and it did seem to help me.
  • kitkatz1990kitkatz1990 member
    edited February 2020
    @mvt2003 I’m going to be cleaning tonight too!! I don’t want to deal with it for the rest of the weekend. 

@mindyb2019 I’m sorry you’re cycle is acting wacky. I felt the same way last cycle, it’s so annoying. Hopefully it turns around for you and you feel better about this cycle!

@inthewoods23 I’m so sorry about the anxiety and feeling crummy. I hope you feel better soon! 

@asf0613 yuck, running errands in the rain is the worst!!

@bserena I’m so glad your bio dad is awake! I hope that you are able to have some good conversations with him. Have a safe trip! 

@legallykate I’m sorry your cycle is acting funky! 

@fitzfizz TGIF!

@gingermama29 yaaaayy for a wall!! It’s looking great. 

@feather_heather I am loling at your story, your poor hub! It’s super windy where I live today too...we had bad weather yesterday (flooding and tornado threats), was it like that for you too? I’m worried with the ground being saturated and now the wind that we are going to have lots of trees down. I’m sorry YH is stuck at work. 😔

Edited to fix tags. I am always having issues with the tags 😩

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: NTNP

R/R: My classroom didn’t end up being too badly flooded. MH came and helped get the rest of the water up in my classroom and the hallway (the other classrooms were already dry) this morning. The tiled area is fine but the carpeted area is still wet next to the windows so I had to close off a couple of areas but it’s not too bad. My only concern now is mildew...also, our school district is literally the ONLY ONE in the entire area that did not run a two hour delay today. Like, really??? I wanted to sleep in lol

CS/Q: nope

• @mindyb2019 - Sorry for the confusing OPKs! I hope it comes to an end soon! My DH said that I kept bringing the conversation back to napping - like how I was so excited to take a nap the next day, and how we should take more naps haha :D  

@kitkatz1990 - I can't believe your school was even open if the carpets were all wet! We're in Massachusetts, so no tornadoes here (well sometimes we actually do get them)! My DH actually loves when we get crazy weather because he likes the overtime $$$ - I hate it because I'm alone and we have to cancel plans all the time. He even missed our wedding shower because he was working a crazy storm! 
  • @feather_heather I completely agree with you, we should have been closed today. I’m a little annoyed by the lack of concern being shown. I just hope everything is dried out by Monday. I’m in SC, we don’t get tornadoes very often and when we do they are generally weak and short-lived, but they still scare the crap out of me lol. Overtime is nice but the cancelled plans definitely sucks!! 
  • @feather_heather ugh sorry your date night plans got cancelled. What does YH do?

@mvt2003 good luck cleaning! It does definitely improve weekends when the house is already clean and you can just relax.

@legallykate enjoy your night with your friend!!

@bserena I'm glad you'll get a chance to talk to him! I hope your trip is great!

@inthewoods23 sorry for the difficult day yesterday. Hugs. I hope today has been better!

@asf0613 good luck! I hope you were able to stay dry.

@mindyb2019 sorry your cycle has been so frustrating. I hope things clear up with it soon.

@kitkatz1990 oooof the flooding sounds so stressful. And that's frustrating about your district without the delay. 
  • @fitzfizz lurking from TWW. I used to take melatonin when I was having trouble sleeping.  I would take the 2mg (units? But I know it was 2) dose, but my DH would take the 10mg dose.  It did make me a little grumpy/sleepy when I had to get up in the morning, but not any worse than Benadryl does.  It does give you crazy vivid dreams though.  Maybe try that and see if it helps.  
  • I've been pretty silent on the dailies lately because I've been benched between the unexplained pelvic pain and the diagnostic laparoscopy. It's been two weeks since my surgery and I'm officially able to start back in again. The laparoscopy was inconclusive which is frustrating, but thankfully the pain hasn't been as bad this cycle. Hopefully it stays that way.

@fitzfitz I hope you can start getting better sleep soon! Maybe consider talking to a doctor about more ttc friendly sleep aids if you're struggling with insomnia? It does look like you might get your CH tomorrow! Fingers crossed!
    @gingermama29 I'm SO glad your wall is finally fixed!!
    @feather_heather so sorry your date night plans aren't going to work out. I hope everything with the weather is alright.
    @mvt2003 I second legallykate with the stretchy work pants. I get mine at Kohls and they're some of the most comfortable pants I own. They and Old Navy also have some jogger style stretchy pants. I don't like wearing "real" pants and if I could get away with wearing stretchy pants 24/7 I would. Sorry the injections are making you so bloated! Fingers crossed you don't have to deal with the bloat too much longer!
    @legallykate as far as your temps, I agree with bows22 regarding keeping the earlier time and marking in your notes that the temp might be abnormal and your 7am temp.
    @bserena I hope you have a good trip to Vermont this weekend.
    @inthewoods23 I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough time. I hope the hockey game is a nice break for you!
    @asf0613 do you know roughly how long your cycles are? Cycle length generally tells you roughly when to start OPKs.
    @mindyb2019 I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope your health improves soon!
    @kitkatz1990 I'm glad your classroom wasn't badly flooded. Hopefully things dry out nicely and you don't have to worry about mold or mildew. I definitely agree that your school should have been closed to allow for time for things to dry out. That's crazy to me.

Month/Cycle: 3/3 (Cycle 1 not benched)
    CD: 12
    WAYDTKGU: prenatals, B6, OPKs, CM tracking, BBT charting
    R/R: I'm so glad to finally have a cycle where I'm not benched! I was really worried about ovulating early and I didn't start temping until CD 8 because we still hadn't made a decision whether we wanted to try this cycle or not. Thankfully my temps are still WELL within pre-O range but my CM is definitely thinning out and becoming stretchier. Hopefully O isn't too far off!
    CS/Q:

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @gingermama29 Yay for having walls! I'm glad it got finished before any major snow.

@feather_heather and @dobiemom11 I had tried melatonin once years ago and it gave me weird dreams, but I really should try it again as it is probably safer long term.

@mvt2003 Seriously SMEP is/was exhausting! Theoretically supposed to get another in tonight, but I don't know if I have the energy. If you have any spotify meditation for sleep, send it my way! I am currently wearing my favorite joggers from Target, I think they are the Joy Lab brand and I live in them.

@bows22 I definitely did not think of that, but now I have done it it gives me CH for any temp higher than 97.3. I'll take it! Looks like I may be joining you in the TWW tomorrow :)

@legallykate Get your drinks on tonight while you still can! I think theoretically the earlier number would be correct since you had uninterrupted sleep before it, but that is odd that it was that much lower.

@bserena I am so glad to hear that he is awake! I hope that you are able to have a meaningful conversation with him.

@inthewoods23 I am so sorry that you had such a rough night. I have only had a few panic attacks, but it is rough. I am glad you are feeling better today.

@asf0613 Not benadryl related, but I once was so tired after a long shift that I fell asleep at a stop sign. Stopped at it I guess like it was a red light, then fell asleep briefly. Not my smartest moment, but the struggle is real.

@mindyb2019 Sorry your cycle is being so confusing. It does make me wonder if you are having an ovarian cyst as that could cause the mid cycle spotting and delayed LH surge. Would you be able to contact your doctor for an ultrasound?

@ttcbabyodo I had read that and I had been working on cutting back. I used to take it almost nightly, but since I read about that I have really only been taking it PRN. Made me sad though, because I have bad allergies and a big part of why I have trouble sleeping is not being able to breathe through my nose. I'm curious to see what will come of more research though because so many of the medicines we use for sleep rely on the anti-histamine or anticholinergic pathways. I may have to try valerian root. I am wary of benzos in general, but I think at the OTC doses it couldn't hurt.

@kitkatz1990 Agree on TGIF. Writing this now after work and it is so much of a better feeling. 
  • @fitzfizz I think it was Guided Meditation II by Erica Rayner-Horn on Spotify! It was really great! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @fitzfizz I had an US done Jan 20th and I saw my doc a couple days after that and he said on the US it did show I have a small cyst on my right ovary that wasn’t there before on the previous ultrasound so he said it could be just in a different time in my cycle that it happened to show up. Would having this cyst cause me to spot and have delayed O? Will it cause an problems getting KU this cycle or would it be write off? 
  • @mindyb2019 There are multiple types of cysts, and some that can interfere with hormones, so really anything can happen. A cyst definitely can cause delayed O and spotting. It is possible that it could decrease chances of getting KU this cycle (in particular if the cyst is near the dominant follicle), but it usually would not make it impossible, so I would just keep trying. 
  • @gingermama29 - He is a lineman for a regional area power company