September 2020 Moms

Strange cravings

Re: Strange cravings

• I was loving grapes yesterday. Seems the trend is though that now today I won’t even want to look at them..   :/
  • @beaandthebabes @greyl frozen green grapes were my thing with my last pregnancy. They helped with the nausea so much. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't stop thinking about sushi. Anyone still eat it?
  • edited February 2020
    @emohay1988 that’s what I was thinking of doing but I just loveeeee my salmon so much. I know there’s always the risk of eating raw food but I’ve eaten sushi so many times and never gotten sick so it’s very tempting lol. But all it takes is one time so I’ll probably just stick with the cooked stuff if I get any. I would feel terrible if I got sick because I wanted to fulfill my craving. I told H I want one of those huge sushi boats right after the baby is born :D 

im sorry you have family members that feel the need to comment on what you choose to eat! I get they mean well but I think reputable sushi places are going to know their fish and would never risk their business by serving fish that could be contaminated or bad. & wow on your opinionated family member who still smokes! That’s like so bad!!!! You do you girl! There’s been more outbreaks with produce and stuff and medical professionals encourage us to eat that so 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Ramen. Which means DS got his first taste too lol. He seemed to enjoy the noodles and had fun slurping them
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @greyl I crave sushi a lot, too. I stick to the cooked rolls or veggie rolls even though I too love me some salmon. I know in the past the you have not gotten sick from the raw fish, but during pregnancy you're immune system is lowered. So, what may have not made you sick when not pregnant has a higher chance of making you sick now. With that being said, I've known many women who have had sushi while pregnant and been fine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mflowers929 Love ramen! Lately I spiral cut zoodles to it. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really want some kind of delicious rice dish. Well made rice and beans or some fried rice loaded with veggies and shrimp. Mmmmmm 
  • Annnnnd now I also want sushi. But Wegmans makes a banging spicy coconut tempura shrimp roll that I would crush right now.
  • Okay, here's another one (I'll probably get the ingredients on Friday 🤤) - pear and goat cheese sandwich. I had this amazing sandwich in a harbor cafe in Holland while we were waiting for our ferry and the taste memory just came up
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @cnf2013 now I MUST EAT FRIED RICE. That sounds soo good right now!

Strawberries are in season where I live so I went to TOWN on a box this morning. Have been craving crispy green grapes thanks to this group but will have to wait patiently until high summer for those 😅
  • @mflowers929 That does sound really good! I definitely get cravings based on past food memories. I had the pastry that was cross between a cherry danish and a cinnamon roll, and it still haunts me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been craving salty foods like cheesy potatoes. Yesterday the idea of eating chicken disgusted me and sadly have the same attitude towards it today. I'm constantly hungry but not too much sounds good, which is highly unusual. No nausea though!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I still eat raw sushi while pregnant, but the lower mercury fish like salmon.  I don't know that I've heard of any listeria outbreaks tied to raw sushi (the big concern for pregnant women) - listeria is in ice cream and fruit too, so it's impossible to avoid everything.

Plus. raw sushi is flash frozen to kill parasites and germs, so it's generally pretty safe!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • @cnf2013 woooooow I’m jealous 
  • H went today to pick up the stuff for my sandwich and it was amazing. Sat sooo well in my belly
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @cnf2013 thanks for the inspo! It was sooo satisfying!
  • @emohay1988 yours looks way better! I can't wait to make own this weekend! 
  • I've been craving Indian food for a while now. We had an amazing place in out neighborhood in NYC, but I haven't found a place here since we've moved. I think I'm going to be sad this pregnancy, because I won't be able to get all the amazing food I had with my 1st, but it will probably be good for my wallet not eating out as much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno I am normally so good about being frugal w/ eating out, but today for lunch I was desperate for this restaurant chain near us that is like Chipotle but for Middle Eastern food. $16 well spent, IMO.
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • edited February 2020
    Thinking about prosciutto and fresh mozz with roasted red peppers on a crusty baguette 🥖 I’m sad now. 
  • I don’t want dinner most nights, which is weird considering there are 3 babies and I was needing tons of carbs with my son at this point. I’ve really upped the veggies and I feel full from lunch and water when we go to eat like 6 hours later. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 that’s awesome! I’m jealous because I feel like nothing satisfies me enough right now. I’m constantly hungry but never in the mood for anything. 
  • I’ve been eating peanut butter and jelly a lot which is funny because I always make fun of my mom for how she packed that for me every day in first grade and after that I wasn’t a huge fan lol but now they’re appealing again! I also want lemonade or lemon water ice a lot which isn’t common for me usually I find lemonade too sweet tasting 

Cold crispy grapes, chicken fried rice and caprese sandwiches all sound like delicious ideas! If I had energy I’d go to the store but I’m basically collapsed on the couch by 7pm while DH plays with DS 😂
  • We had fiddleheads at work today (my bosses buy a bunch in the summer and freeze them for later in the year) and I went back for seconds lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I’m definitely craving rice and beans and cheesy goodness! 
  • I smelled hotdogs grilling yesterday when I passed a restaurant and I wanted one sooo bad.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno I’ve been wanting hot dogs too!! And I’m not a huge hot dog person like I usually choose a burger over a hot dog at a grill out but go figure now that I’m pregnant and it’s winter I keep thinking about a nice grilled hot dog 😂
  • I shouldn’t have ventured into this thread when I’m already hungry  :D I’ve been wanting olives- I found this muffaletta mix from the olive bar at Whole Foods that I’ve been eating! I have also been craving rice and beans- I saw @robinj716 is also wanting that ha! I wonder why. 
  • @NYTino24 I went through a cream cheese craving a few weeks back. I was dying for some scallion cream cheese on a sesame bagel- one of my favorite NY breakfasts that I miss. No where sells it. Not even the bagel place I went to had it. So, i broke down and made some myself. It was amazing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @robinj716 Ugh, that's the worst! That's the stuff that pregnancy meltdowns are made of.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NJ/NY peeps have a good bagel for me, now I want one with all this cream cheese talk. and they like, don’t exist down here. 
  • @greyl When my sisters visit us in NJ, all they want is pizza and bagels. Haha
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • 11 + 3 today and FINALLY craving something healthy again. All I want is a super cold, VERY crunchy salad. Was feeling a little normal again until I started lecturing hubby on all the things this salad cannot be or I will gag: room temperature, soggy, overdressed, containing tomatoes or mushrooms...