1st Trimester

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• @LadyPotter I was told that as long as it’s darkening that is all that matters. Everyone has implantation at different times so you can’t compare yours to anyone else’s. A line is a line! 
  • I've been dealing with infertility issues for over 3 years due to a very irregular period and with the help of Clomid I finally have  BFP!  I'm still panicking that i'm going to loose it (one past blighted ovum) and i'm so worried about a Chemical pregnancy as the test lines weren't getting much darker IMO, but I think/hope i'm just overreacting.

My cycle last month was quite log (36 days) and I ovulated from Cycle Day 21 - 23 (11/21 - 11/23).  On Cycle Day 30 (11/21) I had some spotting.  My breasts were sore starting two days before I ovulated and normally it stops but in this case, it still hasn't.  I've been having mild cold symptoms for nearly two weeks.  I've also had some mild uterus/vagina 'twinges' or 'pinching' feelings.  My period should have started 11/27 and still no sign of it.  Fingers and toes crossed!!

My husband will be finding out Christmas morning if I make it that far - after so many disappointments I don't want to tell him too soon and it will be the perfect gift if we make it that far!  I will be 9 weeks by then, so I think that's a safe time to tell him.

I spoke to the Doctors office yesterday and they asked me to come in on Monday to take a test in the clinic.

Due to sheer disbelief, I have gone crazy a little test crazy... lol

First test using an Easy Home strip (Amazon) on 11/26 evening - I was one day prior to my period being due; estimated 13 days post ovulation

Shocked, I immediately took a FRER.  This picture was taken after about 5 minutes with the same urine sample as I used for the strip above.

The next morning I took a CB and got another positive.

My graveyard of tests - the test line didn't seem like it was darkening much to me as days went on, so I began to panic and then a dollar store test produced a very faint line which aided in my concern.

This morning (11/30) I took another FRER (left) and the test line showed up before the urine even hit the control line and within 20 seconds it was about as dark as the [dry] FRER I took 11/27.

Sorry for the picture spam but I know I personally have been scowering the internet for a few days now and I hope maybe I can help someone else in the same position in the future!
  • Loading the player...
  • I appreciate that for sure Kiki, but i'm confident in my decision :) I took another FR today and the test line is darker than the control line so i'm feeling much better today!

18 Days Post Ouvlation

• @northerngirl29 I had a similar experience with my current pregnancy. Lighter line out of the blue one day. Remember the tests are only qualitative and not quantitative. At some point you'll have too much HCG for those at homes to process. I'd stop testing soon.

Also, definitely tell your partner. Are you a FTM (I know not first pregnancy)? By 9-weeks your morning sickness and fatigue could be unmanageable without the help of a partner. Plus he could get super worried when you're not yourself. 
  • I appreciate everyones concern - wishing everyone the best of luck! :) 
  • @BusinessWife congratulations!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme. Thank you so much!!!  ❤️❤️❤️  It's been such a struggle; Beta's not till Friday but I'm feeling SO MUCH relieved already... :). Grateful to be here so far!
  • @BusinessWife - yay congrats!! I remember you from our TTC#1 journey and you were always so nice - I'm so happy to see you are doing well. <3 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @BusinessWife - so happy for you!!! Congratulations :)
  • @BusinessWife YAY! Congrats!!!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Thank you!!! @brookert615 💖💖💖
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited December 2019
    @BusinessWife Congratulations! This made my morning - I'm so happy for you! ❤

ETA: The text didn't post the first time. Weird.
  • Oh, @ruby696 .You are so sweet! 💗💗💗. Thank you so much, friend! 😁😁😁
  • DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @BusinessWife OMG!! I'm late to see this but YAY!!! Congrats, I am so happy for you!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• 11 DPO FMU (FRER)

• lizzybean84lizzybean84 member
    edited January 2020
    Here are my first two (super faint) positives taken 13DPO in the evening. Took the digital one immediately afterwards and voila!

• Here are my squinters, taken about 5 days after my period was supposed to begin. I didn't get a strong line until another 5 days had passed (10 days after period due). At that time I also got a digital positive . 
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited January 2020
     @kmalls I was wondering where you’ve been! I definitely see something, but at least in the pic it’s too faint to see if it has color. I hope this is it for you! Good luck testing tomorrow!
  • GL!!! @kmalls That's kinda like what my cheapie looked like at 4dp5dt  fx it keeps getting darker!!!! 😀😀😀
  • Ah @BusinessWife Just saw this! Hope all is going well! So happy for you! 
    @kmalls you too! FX!
  • I got a second line within a minute taking a frer (sorry I darkened the photo so it was easier to see). But the placement of the second line seems off to me 🤔 but it was definitely there! I took another one this afternoon and it was negative! So confused! I am 9-10 dpo. I don't know exactly when I ovulated but I have an idea. Thoughts or anything similar is appreciated! 
  • @babylavender I can't see your photos but the afternoon test may have been negative because your afternoon urine is too diluted. 9 DPO is still early. I'd retest with FMU tomorrow. 
  • Thank you for the reply. That is what I am thinking. I'm so impatient! I'm new to this app so I probably uploaded the photo wrong 🤪
  • Maybe that picture worked?
  • @babylavender2020 while I see a second line as well, I'd say it's questionable. I'd retest tomorrow with fmu. 
  • @babylavender2020 I do see it, but I agree that it’s placement is weird. I did dollar tree tests because they’re so easy to read. Just a suggestion. Hopefully your next test is more clear! 
  • @ttcbabyodo FX! There's something there!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @ttcbabyodo Definitely a line and it looks pretty good for 10dpo! FX so hard it gets darker!!
  • @ttcbabyodo I see something!!!  FX for tomorrow's test.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @ttcbabyodo looks promising!! Everything crossed for tomorrow’s test! 
  • @ttcbabyodo I absolutely see line! I think it looks good for 10dpo! FX for you!! 

@babylavender2020 Agreed there's a line but the placement is off. Hopefully a retest went better. 
  • @ttcbabyodo oh it’s there! Looks just like my 10dpo with this baby!!!! I’m so stinking excited for you! ❤️❤️❤️