October 2020 Moms

Randoms

smg2302smg2302 member
edited February 2020 in October 2020 Moms
I made a duplicate intro thread, so let's do randoms instead.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Randoms

• dolewhipperdolewhipper member
    edited February 2020
    I'm not usually good at all the stickied discussions--can someone do those? (How to's, Read this First, etc)

ETA: Im incredibly bored at work. I did them, but can't figure out the spreadsheet if someone can get that one.
  • Also, there is not enough snacks in the world to keep me from being nauseous. I feel like I need to eat every 45 minutes or I'll puke. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @dolewhipper the board is so organized and beautiful. I have been hanging around BabyCenter October 2020 to kill time while waiting for this one to become legit and it is a trainwreck over there. A few times I thought about asking if we could control the madness but instead just deleted the app..let the crazies have their fun.
  • @Smelh324 you're a doll! I can't stand the drive bys/one off...except for the sass that comes with it. I'm not great with the google docs, so whoever can do that, I would be grateful!
  • Ahhh this app is trash. Anyone using mobile web? Is it any better? I can’t get threads to load unless I hit the refresh button and even then it only works like 40% of the time. 
  • @kmalls Yep, pretty horrible. I'm a software dev so problems like that make me super cringe. I only use TB on browser for the communities. The app seems fine for weekly fruit only, haha.

@dolewhipper Will be thinking of you on Thursday!  <3
  • Speaking of snacks, Popcorn Indiana Black and White Drizzlecorn is addictive.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kmalls Yes I was struggling with the app too. Tried deleting and redownloading. Didn’t help. Moved to the mobile site... marginally better. At least I can access this board now!

@dolewhipper Hang in there mama. Waiting and not knowing is TOUGH. How did you manage to get an u/s already? I can’t get in to my doc until beginning of March!
  • @Smelh324  I felt the exact same way when I looked at the BabyCenter October 2020 boards.  I had no interest in being part of that craziness.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m having trouble with mobile browser but hopefully it will pull itself together enough to participate. 

@d@dolewhipper, your screen name is making me hungry and I will be thinking of you tomorrow for your repeat US 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Listening to a pregnancy podcast and they're talking about all the recommended vitamins you need to be taking to meet minimums. It's a wonder my first two kids are alive, I definitely was not taking the perfect prenatal plus DHA plus probiotics lol. Lucky 3rd kid will be getting premium nutrition!
  • @Smelh324 errr we’re supposed to be taking probiotics? I’ve def never done that. 
  • Smelh324Smelh324 member
    edited February 2020
    @kmalls Steamrolling through 20 episodes on pregnancy is getting me by until my first U/S. A lot are health based, after a while she starts to get pretty persuasive. I may have ordered 3 different vitamins this week online...It's like I get to start buying baby stuff already, only its vitamins lol.

ETA- She says taking probiotics can help prevent Group B Strep.
  • @Smelh324
    Ooohhhh, what podcast?
    edited February 2020
    @tdevilindrye Its just called The Pregnancy Podcast! I find this lady to be very soothing and has a ton of good topics. I've already had two births and I'm still learning a lot.
  • @Smelh324 I love that podcast and found it very helpful in my last pregnancy! 
  • Hi ladies! Excited to jumping in the randoms! I thought prenatals already had probiotics?? Ummm...I am definitely taking DHA from the start this time, but other than that no big changes from my previous pregnancy. Except I am not nearly as strong physically as I was before, because who has time to workout now?? Definitely need to be better about that. 

Work is so busy right now, I can't wait to catch a break soon! @dolewhipper sending good vibes!

• @morethanamama since you’re also in tech...on a scale 1-10 how much does TB app bother you.  :D
  • @tdevlindrye I am currently on my computer and not on the app...does that answer your question??  :D
  • Y'all, I forgot about lightening crotch.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @smg2302 I feel like I forgot about so many things! Definitely forgot lightning crotch but also didn’t fully consider how bad puking will be all day while taking care of a toddler. 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• @profmcgonagall has the MS hit you already?  **knocks on wood** I have only had one rough day so far.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @smg2302 lightning crotch already? Dang! I think it’s still too early for me to feel much. Coffee aversion has hit (not drinking coffee is NOT an option) but that’s it.
  • @kmalls Hahahaha, big coffee drinker here too. I'm cutting down little by little, but yeah... :#

My boobs hurt, which was my first symptom last pregnancy too. Other than that not much going on. I didn't get lightning crotch last time until 2nd or 3rd tri.

Being so early still makes me nervous, but I'm trying to keep all the mental "What if..."s at bay...
  • @kmalls yeah not all the time, just periodically.  I also cut out coffee for New Year's resolution in anticipation of this, so no caffeine withdrawal right now, but I miss it.

@tdevlindrye the "what-ifs" are a total mindfuck. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @smg2302 not yet but I’m expecting it to appear soon. It started around 5 weeks with my last. 

@kmalls coffee aversion? That sounds awful! 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• Biggest syptom so far...sore gums, can't believe how much flossing hurts. Pretty boring other than that.

But I swear every time I read the sore breast comment on here I instinctually put my arm up to my boob to check and then realize smushing my boobs regularly at work is bound to be noticed. Must stop.
  • The reason I decided to test was how tired I was. I was always tired but then started being very intentional about getting exercise and it increased my energy. Then I was suddenly back to no energy even though I forced myself to work out. I had insane fatigue with my MC as well, but not with my DD (maybe because I didn't have a kid already demanding energy from me? Lol).

I didn't have morning sickness or many food aversions with DD. So far I get a little bit of a nauseous feeling in my throat but that's it.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • I am used to drinking coffee first thing, on an empty stomach...not an option as of today. In general, I know it's not good even when not pregnant... I try to chug some water first thing when I wake up.

I am pretty deep into the what -ifs right now but I know it's nothing I can control.  4 weeks of wait for the first appointment, we shall endure! I try to remember my symptoms with my son were always mild, so that reassures me.

So far, nausea has kicked it up a notch today. Nothing sounds good to eat aside from CARBS. My gums are definitely more sensitive. But guys, the biggest symptom so far...pregnancy brain. This week I:
    -Forgot my stepdad's birthday
    -Forgot to move a meeting to the team calendar, so it stayed hidden in my outlook and we missed a conf call, had to email the client 5 minutes before. This is the 3rd time we reschedule with them...
    -Helped H with putting together a dresser and screwed the drawer in wrong
    -Said "Huh?" way more than I'd like to

I'm also overwhelmed with a pretty hectic life in general, but man, this sucks. I am trying to make strides at work before maternity leave if all goes well, and this is not helping...

• Omg this caught me by surprise last pregnancy and my mind erased. Is there a way to prepare for it besides crying?
  • Oh I just wanted to add to the podcast talk by mentioning Motherhood Sessions. The host is a therapist (I think) and she interviews women from different types of families. I like that she helps them through their problems and the information is applicable to others.
  • Aaaaand for a second I thought I posted the STM+ stuff in here. Time to up the fish oil???
  • Have had no symptoms till today exactly 4wks. Feeling super hungover and a bad headache all day. I feel like I don't remember this feeling with my previous. Good luck ladies on this journey. 
  • Still no symptoms yet, except I’m maybe more tired than usual, but that could be due to my three year old acting like a total asshole lately 🤷‍♀️😂 

My usual symptoms in first trimester are exhaustion and nausea after dinner. Still waiting on the latter. 
  • Wait @Smelh324 is sore gums really a pregnancy symptom?? I had no idea—but it makes me feel a little better! 🤣 I definitely did not have this symptom with my first!
  • Current symptoms: complete exhaustion and light nausea.

I had coffee aversion and meat aversion during my last pregnancy and it was not easy to survive. I already noticed the meat aversion a little bit and I’m bummed about it. Maybe I can still drink my coffee! 
  • @cmessamore yes to the meat aversion, ugh. I thought I was fine but then we had steak last night (my favorite) and after a few bites I was done. The taste was ok but the texture was horrendous. Couldn’t do it :'(
    edited February 2020
    klngnhp said:
    Wait @Smelh324 is sore gums really a pregnancy symptom?? I had no idea—but it makes me feel a little better! 🤣 I definitely did not have this symptom with my first!
    Yep!! You're supposed to be really likely to have red or even bleeding gums, that it's doubly important to floss and have check-ups for you and baby. Look at us, getting real symptoms  B)

Edit-Spelling