June 2020 Moms

February Randoms

January seemed to last 12 years and 12 minutes at the same time. February, here we are! 

Re: February Randoms

• Today is a major chores day at my house since we don't care about American football (FF Super Bowl C?). DH helped me get DS1's preemie through 3-6 month clothes down and now I'm having all the mom feelings at once. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn Yay! I'm looking at March to get mine down, unless my mobility gets worse!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @pourmeanothermocktail I needed the storage bin to put away stuff DS1 just grew out of, so it seemed like a good time to me. Otherwise I wouldn't usually be so proactive. But it definitely makes this feel more real and exciting! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kyrwyn said:
    @pourmeanothermocktail I needed the storage bin to put away stuff DS1 just grew out of, so it seemed like a good time to me. Otherwise I wouldn't usually be so proactive. But it definitely makes this feel more real and exciting! 
    I get that! I'm in need of another bin, or at least a box to put my son's 3t stuff in soon, so it can sit for a year for my daughter...but don't have room for baby's clothes in the closet yet. We'll see how that works.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We’re finding out the sex in a little over a week, and I can’t wait to start going through my DDs baby clothes! 
    Side note, is anyone else having trouble with the app on their phones? I haven’t been able to get into this page for the last week or so!
  • Apparently today was the day for clothes sorting! I pulled out all of Leif's 2t stuff and pulled out the summer 3t things I bought to get them washed. Warm weather is still a while off but this way if I need short sleeves for him for warmer days we will have them. I sorted the 0-3 months and newborn things quickly in December to pass some things in to my cousin's baby. Since they were winter things Sloane wont need them. I'll need to resort as we get closer to see if I'm missing anything. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @alisongem A lot of people (especially iPhone users) have trouble with the app. 

Most of us get around that by not using it, and instead just using our phones web browser (Chrome, Safari, etc) and logging into The Bump website, and going from there. I have the link to the BMB saved on my phone.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Big weekend for my toddler - she switched over from onesies and diapers to undershirts and pull-ups. Her new room at daycare keeps leaving her onesies unsnapped and hanging down over her pants since they’re not conducive to potty training, so we took the hint. 

Doing a clothing swap with a friend next weekend - she will give back all of my NB and 0-3 stuff (plus give lots of her own) and I’m doing the reverse hand me down with 3T stuff that my SIL has given us so that my friend’s daughter can wear it before my daughter grows into that size. 
  • Got my first “looks like you’ll have to have a third baby so you can try again for a girl!” this weekend. Nope and nope. 
  • I got asked now that I'm having a girl after 3 boys if I'll be getting my tubes tied. And when I said no because why would I? She then asked if my husband would getting a vasectomy instead. Don't know how any of that is anyone's information. 
    married 9/2010
    DS1 11/2010 (angel)
    DS2 5/2012
    DS3 4/2015
    New baby 6/2020
  • @pnkfaerie Definitely not anyone's business! Granted, I choose to be open and tell people this baby is a surprise, and we're taking permanent steps afterwards to not have more. BUT they're not asking I'm offering information. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pnkfaerie definitely nobody's business. I've told a few people that I'm getting my tubes tied, but in general family planning is a private subject. 

Also, I've lost my mind. My friend is due at the end of the month and her parents are coming down from Oregon to help. But she's having some  complications and is worried about delivering early with no support for her two year old besides her BIL -- who has zero childcare experience. So I offered to be her backup, as her boy and my DS1 are good friends. 😂 DH is on board and we'd figure it out if it happened, but I'm really hoping her BIL is as up for being Uncle On Call as he says. Me and my big mouth! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chaos-and-coffee I got within hours of announcing we were having another girl a few “oh your poor husband” and “uh oh they’ll be trouble.” Literally pisses me off so much. Like all boys are easy and perfect! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just got this email from DD's nursery... NOOOOOOOOOO
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501
    Nnnooooooooooo were on day 6 over here. Still isn't eating and I'm currently laying on a deflated air mattress on his floor with him. This is by far the worst experience of my life. Hope you can avoid it or it's not as rough for you guys. 
  • My birthday was yesterday and we celebrated with my family on Saturday. They apparently hunted down my registry that I hadn't made "private" and told me it was "sad" and "slim". Probably hormones but I'm still super irritated about it. I have a list for me on Amazon that I add to when I think of things so I'm not scrambling at Christmas time (that due to their weird as fuck gifting philosophies, nothing on there is "fun enough" to give), I guess it makes me selfish to want stuff I want for me for my birthday. Wouldn't it be common sense that if someone didn't give you the link that it's not done and ready to be distributed? #humph
  • @hayhay2501 Ick, good luck!

@runwmusic Sorry. That was our experience too. Hang in there! 

@SpartanCat Ugh, that's super annoying. People should ASK if you have a registry. And not judge if you're more into practical items.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SpartanCat YES! one side of our family bought all four toys we added to DDs list for Christmas this year because they wanted all the “fun” gifts but left practical things we really needed behind. It was so weird and made the other side of the family mad too! I always try to go for the practical but necessary things on a list and NEVER search it up if they didn’t share

@hayhay2501 NO! I hope y’all avoid it!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • JessiBrideJessiBride member
    edited February 2020
    I know websites do targeted ads, but WHY is my ad for this site a disgusting one with earwax being pulled out of someone's ear?  I have to see it every 2 posts and it's making me sick.  I haven't googled anything that should pull that up as an interest of mine.
  • I’m getting a free latte at work today and it’s such a little thing but also such a big thing. So excited. 

Random question since we complain so much about work BUT What are your favorite work perks for your job?

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • @ReneeJ2011 beautiful! And they look so snuggly! I have fabrics pulled out to make new baby a quilt, but I haven't even had time to cut yet. 😬

I'm pretty sure we're going with a space theme for DS1's big boy room. Blue grey walls, white furniture, and some accents that can move with him when it's time to make a shared room later. My brother took some cool pictures of the moon through his telescope and printed one out 8x10 for him. I've bookmarked a set of wall decals with rockets and planets.  I have an old mission patch from a shuttle mission that I'm thinking of putting in a shadow box or small frame for him (my dad brought it back from a visit to Edwards AFB). I'm hunting for sheets with stars and fabric I like to make a twin duvet/comforter cover. It would probably be space on one side and a simple pattern or solid on the other so we can reverse it if needed. I'm way more excited about this than nursery prep. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @alli392 my boss is a working mom of 4, and she has never once questioned me having to duck out for appointments, leaving to pick up a sick kid, sneaking out early to make sure DS isn’t always the last baby at daycare, because she knows I’ll get what I need to get done. I appreciate it more than any perk any job could ever offer. 
  • @alli392 I'm currently self employed, but my previous job was a start-up and had the mentality that your work day was done when your work was done and never questioned me going home for an appointment or migraine our just because I'd run out of mission-critical things to do and a break would be more productive than busy work. I'm currently consulting for that same boss right now and it's a huge relief to have autonomy as long as my projects get done. 

The free food and free beer was nice, but having co-workers with a deep sense of personal responsibility and management that trusted us was the best. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ReneeJ2011 - those are ADORABLE!!!

@alli392 - I have a very flexible schedule when I need it to be...for appointments, sick kids, bad weather, etc. and can work remotely.  We're a little slow this year with no huge projects on the horizon and just focusing on maintenance, which is simple, so it's the perfect year for a baby.  My boss and I have been together for 19 years next month (I started as an intern in college) so we have a great flow.  I could make more somewhere else and probably with a shorter commute, but it would be a lot more stress.  That may be the right choice in a few years, but for now, this is perfect.  It has been a great job to grow with - CAD drafter, CAD designer, Facilities Design Coordinator and now Project Manager.  Every few years something new.  And, it looks like I get to be remote 100% for the first year after baby and then slowly come in a couple days a week.  I couldn't ask for better.  Sorry...a novel...I love my job. :smile:
  • @alli392 That sounds like an awesome perk.

My favorite perk is how flexible my job is. When I decided to move out of state (to be closer to family) they let me become 100% remote, so I work from home fulltime which is a godsend. Saves so much time and money and will come in handy when Mat leave ends and I have a newborn which I'm hoping means I can avoid needing daycare for awhile. They also are big on work/life balance, so it's nice to not feel so stressed about taking time off when I need to, appts and things for me and my son. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @alli392 like most of you my favourite perk is that my job is very flexible. No one bats an eye when I have to work from home or come in late due to an appointment. Now that I’m used to it, I couldn’t work at a job that didn’t let me work from home when I need to.

On the subject of work- I finally told my coworkers I’m pregnant today!! Sooooo excited to no longer have to hide it 🤣🤣
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Has anyone used/will use a support belt?  I feel like overnight I've gone from comfortable to pressure on top of my pelvic bone.  That's my only walking discomfort at the moment, so I'd like to ease it and keep walking as much as possible.  Do these work?  Have you used the kind with top of belly anchoring or just the under belly band?

TIA!!
  • So glad so many of you have flexibility at work! I'm in a similar position. My entire company went remote last June. I hate actually working from home so I was bummed about it at first. We have a tiny apartment so I just end up sitting on the couch the entire day. And it definitely gets lonely. But I appreciate the arrangement much more now that we're expecting. So many days when I just needed to close my eyes for an hour, and I could do so with no problem! We're also thinking of moving back to my home town to be closer to family, and I would never be able to do that (without the stress of looking for a new job) without my company's remote work policy.
  • edited February 2020
    Has anyone used/will use a support belt?  I feel like overnight I've gone from comfortable to pressure on top of my pelvic bone.  That's my only walking discomfort at the moment, so I'd like to ease it and keep walking as much as possible.  Do these work?  Have you used the kind with top of belly anchoring or just the under belly band?

TIA!!
    I've used several, but for potentially slightly different reasons. I need a good tight belt to help stabilize my pelvis itself. So I like the ones that are below belly only, with additional elastic pieces on the side to further tighten it up once it's on. My bump is also super sensitive and I hate pressure on it, so I never tried a higher strap. You can get some even with shoulder straps, lol. 

But if you more need belly lifting it might be worth it. A belt done up firmly under alleviated most of my pressure issues.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Finally had our anatomy scan yesterday (well, part one because baby was being stubborn and not flipping over so the tech could get all the heart images). Found out that baby is a girl! She’s kicking up a storm the last few days too; basically anytime I’m sitting still for longer than a couple minutes I start feeling them.

Anyways, I’m excited to buy cute baby clothes so does anybody have any suggestions for small businesses with cute girl stuff? Bonus if it’s Canadian or at least has free shipping to Canada so I can save a couple bucks.
  • @bbluemoo I’m not sure what your style is, but check out posh peanut, spearmint baby, Kate Quinn, briar baby, mud pie, lulu and roo, and kickee pants!
  • @JessiBride I wore one last time and im sure I’ll get there this time! I just got an underbelly one on amazon that had good reviews and it definitely helped a lot
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail and @hayhay2501 - Thank you so much for answering!
  • @chaos-and-coffee I’m obsessed with posh peanut, spearmint baby, and Kate Quinn already but I’ll go check out the other ones! Thanks!
  • @JessiBride I have no experience with support belts but I used one of my woven wraps (from babywearing DS1) to bellywrap today while I was doing computer tasks and in meetings and I'm amazed at the difference it has made in my hip discomfort this evening. Usually by now I'm hobbling around, but I can walk normally! I'm kicking myself for waiting this long to try it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh. This website is loading SO SLOWLY for me the last two days. I'm not participating as much because it's so frustrating. The app always works badly, so I haven't been trying that. TGIF though, for real. Looking for some serious amounts of Daddy parenting!

Also, just replaced DS's spare car seat, as he grew out of the old one. Now he's forward facing in daddy's car, still rear facing in mine. He picked out hot pink, and is SO EXCITED to have a hot pink seat to sit in. They might have to make a special run out to get us donuts this weekend, just to enjoy it. :wink:
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail I love that he picked the color! How cool! <3 

DS spiked a nasty fever yesterday and his cold took a turn for the worse so we were at the pediatrician's this morning. He got an albuterol treatment and it looks like we're heading down the asthmatic route with him. DH didn't grow up with any of this, but my family's well acquainted with it.  Trying to keep him resting and breathing comfortably today, and I hope the cold he shared with me doesn't trigger my asthma too. I hate taking albuterol; it makes me so twitchy for two days. I would love to feel better for more than 2 days at a time during this pregnancy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker