September 2020 Moms

Week 1 & 2 Check in w/o 2/3

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 1st and 2nd weeks of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be?

Re: Week 1 & 2 Check in w/o 2/3

• EDD/weeks+days: 8w2d, September 10

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound tomorrow!

How are you feeling? Tired and sick. I've been off of work for almost a week though, so I've been resting up

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be?
    This is a question that's hard to answer for me because I've never been able to settle on one thing. Really what I want to "do" is be a stay at home mom and have some animals. Which we're working towards
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • EDD/weeks+days: due 9/12, 8 weeks and change

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry (thanks to TheBump for telling me!)

Upcoming appointments: 2/18. Will do my NIPT around then as well. 

How are you feeling? Exhausted. Was nauseous and tried zofran - hard pass. I’m good now with the nausea (I’ll deal with that over the constipation the zofran gave me any day). 

Raves/Rants: nope

Questions: nope

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be?i have it! SAHM who will return to the classroom, eventually 
  • Loading the player...
  • @chasingroygbiv as long as everything goes well tomorrow I'm planning on telling my coworkers and our friends this weekend
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @chasingroygbiv We're planning on telling at 12 weeks. My twelve week is 2 weeks from today, and I have an US that Friday. So, we'll probably tell all our families after that since I'll have new pictures. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days:  9w0d/ Sept 8

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Southern Pecan

Upcoming appointments: U/S Feb 10

How are you feeling? Just bloated and not really having the energy to do a lot but the nausea has decreased tremendously and no more cramping.

Raves/Rants: Rants - finding an OB/MFM I'm comfortable with  is a pain! 

Questions: How many of you have an OB, MFM or both and how often do you see them?

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Not corporate America. Something that would also allow me to be independently wealthy. 

@chasingroygbiv - I probably won't spread the word to other family members (parents and sister already know) until 14 weeks. But parents and sister I told as soon as I took the pregnancy test. Lol. 
  • @31magnolia I see my OB monthly until 36 weeks. Usually, I only have to see MFM once between 18-20weeks. I also have to see hematology monthly.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @31magnolia I see an OB who is in a multi-doctor practice. So, I'm able to see any of the doctors or I can just stick with her. Not including any US or testing I will meet with my doctor once a month from Jan-Jun, then twice in July, and every week in August. So, 12 times. This is a pretty common visit schedule for a regular healthy pregnancy. Because a lot of the prenatal visits are pretty basic, my doctor's practice has started doing some of them as video chats- usually other one-except for the last 4. They give you a BP cuff to take home and check your BP right before the visit. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I explained about this previously, but the hospital that I'm seen at runs things a little differently. It's all clinics, so I've been seen at the family planning clinic twice so far and I'll be seen once again there, before I "graduate" to the OB clinic. They see you every 4 weeks until 28 weeks, then every 2 weeks until 36 weeks, and then you go every week until delivery.
    The early appointments are because of my history of early losses, otherwise I wouldn't be seen until almost 12 weeks
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Thanks everyone. I guess I'm just having a hard time processing not getting an ultrasound every time you see the doctor and only seeing the doctor once a month. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9/11 / 8+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): The peanut is a peanut! (Although I'm not sure if that means with or without the shell haha)

Upcoming appointments: None scheduled yet

How are you feeling? Actually pretty good for the past two days. The nausea was getting worse, and then yesterday and today I feel mostly okay for some reason. Today I ate all the same things I did yesterday because I don't want to upset the balance of whatever it is that is letting me feel okay. Many, many thanks to @mflowers929 for suggesting lemonade. I was having trouble drinking enough water but for some reason lemonade goes down perfectly. The fatigue has subsided as well. I'm honestly kind of freaked out by the reduction of symptoms, worrying it's a bad sign... but I'm trying not to and just be grateful I don't feel like crap today.

Raves/Rants: I think I just did, so I'll shut up now.  :)

Questions: So, so many

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Zookeeper!

@chasingroygbiv We told our parents and siblings right away. We waited until the first ultrasound to start telling other people. We're not making an official announcement at any point, just sort of telling people naturally whenever we happen to see them. I'm not good at keeping secrets, and anyone we've told so far are people we'd want support from if we have a loss.

@31magnolia My OB's schedule seems similar to others. I don't remember exactly, but it's once a month for the first few months, and then it's every two weeks, and then closer to my due date it's every week.
  • @CarbAddict Same! My mom hoped for twins and I was like “do not put that out in the universe!!” I would have to quit my job and that would suck. Also I almost have that schedule (7hrs 3days) but not the full time  salary, womp womp. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @ssbl you're very welcome! I'm glad it helped 😊
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9/8, 9+1, but I'm an RCS so probably closer to the beginning of the month. And that assuming I even make it 39 weeks. Fourth pregnancy and I've yet to see 39 weeks.

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: MFM on 2/25 and OB on 2/27

How are you feeling? Ok. My nausea comes in big on and off swings,m boobs are finally growing and I just dig my bigger bras out, and I cannot peel myself out of bed in the mornings.

Raves/Rants: just plugging along. Ready to tell my students so I can finally let this belly out. I miss most of my wardrobe at this point.

Questions: nope 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? I sometimes kick myself for not going to veterinary school. I applied to both teaching and vet colleges and ultimately went with teaching.
  • @31magnolia I see both general OB and MFM. I see MFM for nuchal scan/NIPT, then again for the anatomy scan, and not usually again until closer to the end as long everything looks ok but with my last pregnancy I ended up with polyhydramnios and had to go weekly for NST’s. My appts with the general OB are the usual— every 4 weeks until the last several weeks. 
  • @mandamomof3 I was scheduled for a CVS with my first. They saw fluid where it shouldn't have been at 10w and insisted I needed one. The MFM I went to see for it couldn't find the fluid during the preCVS ultrasound and left it up to us if we wanted to go through with it or not. We ultimately bowed out and did NIPT instead. 
  • @mamafrommichigan Holy Crap! That is rough that he is not handling the appointments well. Is it anxiety? H had some rough psychosomatic issues toward the end of each of my pregnancies that were not fun. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Snip
    GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Honestly been considering the stay at home mom gig. Childcare where we live is OFF THE CHARTS and my mom stayed home with us until we were school age. Really praying through that!
    and this is why I became a SAHM - and TBH, I couldn’t imagine my life any different 
  • @chasingroygbiv - thanks. I'm getting weird responses from the varying doctors I'm calling. Anything from the office not knowing that they do NIPT, to not knowing what a NT Scan is or CVS. It's making it harder and harder to find someone. And the really good ones that have gotten great reviews don't have opening until 3-4 weeks from now and at that point I'll be 12-13 weeks. So I've decided that I'm just going to have to go with someone for now who atleast knows what a NIPT is and then switch to someone else later. (sigh)

@mamafrommichigan - your story about your H cracked me up! Like you said, he has 7 moths! Lol. 
  • @mamafrommichigan Yikes! If your DH is fainting from an US, he's in for a ride awakening at the delivery, haha! But in all seriousness, even though it's frustrating because you're the one physically  and mentally dealing with all of this, maybe you need to talk with him and find out what's triggering that reaction for him. Is it that he's just nervous around medical procedures? or is he having anxiety about a new baby and all the pressure?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mamafrommichigan So, my husband nearly faints any time he’s in a clinic/hospital. He said the smell and temperatures set him off. He’s not great at the dentist, but better. He actually passed out when visiting my nephew, he said because he overheard us talking about her c-section. 

Anyway, he successfully made it through all 3 deliveries, but I do let the doctors know it would be wise to have a chair by him in case. The last delivery was a little more challenging on him because with his work hours and the time I went into labor he has been up for 24 hours so was just wiped. He made it though, hopefully yours will be the same! Maybe have him keep going to your appts, tour where you’ll be delivering, etc.

In the event of a c-section, we would be screwed. I honestly don’t even think I would consider having him go back with me, sadly, I’d probably have my mom. He likely wouldn’t make it through that and that would just stress me out and make me panic more.. 
  • My poor hubby had a heck of a time with my delivery. He was in the prep room while I was getting my IVs and spinal and first I screamed when they put the needle in, and then my BP dropped and I couldn't stop vomiting.
    Then he came in and they delivered my son and he had his cord around his neck and swallowed fluid. They called in a bunch of people that I couldn't see and they were talking in French, which I don't understand but hubby does so he could hear what was going on and was trying to keep me calm while they were reviving DS. Poor guy was drenched in sweat
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022