September 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in 1/20

machenomacheno member
edited January 2020 in September 2020 Moms
How far along are you?

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: What was your first date with your significant other?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-in 1/20

• I'm 6w4d based on LMP.
    I have my first ultrasound on Friday and I'm soooo anxious about it. I know what my dates are so I should only be a few days off of what I wrote but I'm so afraid that they're going to tell me that I measure like 5.5 weeks, just like what happened last time.
    This time my symptoms are all very strong and present. I have waves of nausea throughout the day, I'm exhausted, food cravings, strong sense of smell

GTKY: MH and I met online, and he flew down to meet me for the first time about 3 months later. I picked him up at the airport, we dropped his stuff off, then we drove to the beach and just wandered around talking for like 2 hours. It was great 😊
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • How far along are you? Maybe 4w4ds, but thats a guess as I had a really funky cycle due to still nursing.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?  I was barely having any symptoms and it was worrying me but they have kicked up a notch since yesterday night. I now have a super sniffer, my nose, and I’m starting to notice strong smells. I was feeling pretty ok and when I walked into a fast food restaurant for lunch today, I instantly didn’t feel well and nothing sounded appetizing. 

Any upcoming appointments? Planning to call my OB this week to make an appointment, but they don’t typically do first appointments till 10-12 weeks. I’m thinking of emailing and seeing if she would order labs to check my beta levels to help with PGAL anxiety. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    7+5

Today I’ve mostly felt like death. My doctor said that this is when hormones regarding sickness etc are generally peaking (I’ve never heard that before, but..) so maybe that explains it? I just need to be able to like food. I love to eat and having nothing sound good is rough! 

30th to check on baby again. They’ll try to check for a heartbeat with a Doppler for the first time— if no luck, ultrasound again. Always extremely nerve wracking for me.... I do have a Doppler here at home, but I’m really going to try to avoid using it much. I honestly think it caused me more anxiety than not. 

Our first official date was to the movie Dukes of Hazzard. I don’t think either of us really watched any of the movie, we were too excited to hang out afterwards and talk! To this day I think movies are a terrible first date for that reason. 

Also, I did inquire about having my progesterone level checked just for my sanity, and this was the response I got which I’m not very happy about because... this isn’t what I was told last time...

” In regards to the progesterone level, as we talked before the available evidence predominantly suggest that progesterone does not improve the outcome in woman with recurrent pregnancy loss. Measuring progesterone level also is not a standard of care in woman with recurrent pregnancy loss and this practice is not evidence based.”

Ughhhhh.
  • @chasingroygbiv if it helps, my RE said the same thing about progesterone. And he printed a copy of a fairly large study to support that way of thinking. I know a lot of OBs do prescribe progesterone, and a lot of women on here take it, and I even asked my doctor “what does it hurt?!” But he stood pretty firm to the same party line you quoted above. 
  • I was actually looking it up earlier and apparently progesterone has only shown to make a difference in women with 3 or more previous miscarriages 🤔
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I hate that there’s no firm yes/no, it just makes me so anxious wondering if I have low progesterone! What does it hurt to check that? I just think it’s strange, but it is comforting that others are saying the same and it’s not just mine/me. 
  • 6w2d

I’m damn tired. Keep waking MOTN and cant get back to sleep for hours! It’s driving me insane!!! Boobs don’t hurt anymore and haven’t been nauseous with this pregnancy, so I’m a bit freaked out. Both looking forward to and dreading my appointment on Monday. 

DH and I met in college in a math class. I guess our first date was a study date at his house. Wasn’t supposed to be a date, just studying for the final, but we totally hooked up and the rest is history!
  • @notagoodpatient good luck today! FX everything looks good
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @notagoodpatient yay for a good scan! Hopefully that puts your mind at ease at least for a little. I was anxious before every appointment with DD though and probably will be with this little one. 
  • @notagoodpatient glad for a good ultrasound and that things look on track!! Always helpful to have some reassurance. 
  • @notagoodpatient yay for a good scan today!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Thanks @robyn2201 @scaron86 @angbaby83 and @mflowers929 !!

@chasingroygbiv we were chatting earlier about progesterone... I had blood drawn during my u/s appointment and I assumed it was an HCG.  But the results popped back on my portal and it was a progesterone. And it went down 0.5 from my check a week ago. I’m not really sure what to think, I know technically it’s still in the “normal first trimester” range, but I thought it was supposed to go up fairly dramatically. And I don’t know why it was ordered since my doctor says he doesn’t prescribe progesterone... maybe because I saw someone different today? But now the office is closed and I’m not sure what to think...
  • @notagoodpatient Glad to hear your scan went well!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh, I hate letting my anxiety get the best of me! I was having a lesser symptoms day today so I thought it would make me feel better to POAS. I did use FMU, but the line came up lighter than it had 2 weeks ago. Of course, this made me feel much worse. Later today I remembered the "hook effect". I diluted my pee and the line was super dark. Why do I do this to myself! I've already had an US and heard the HB, but I still fear that something could go wrong. I need to get out of my head.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi everyone!  

How far along are you?
    7 weeks

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.

I have a son who will be 5 soon so when I became pregnant again April of 2018 I was super excited, we had planned timing perfectly.  I found it odd that I didn’t feel the same as I did with my first, but shook it off.  When we went in at 10 weeks there was an empty sac.  As soon as I saw the image I knew, but it was so confusing since I never heard of that. Went back 1 week later to be sure, and was prescribed misoprostal.  Took it about a week later and grieved.  Fall 2018 we tried again and late Dec I was pregnant again, but lost it around 5 weeks.  I got pregnant the same time this year so have a lot of emotions attached to it, but am hopeful we get our baby this time. 

I feel like crap. So tired, so nauseous.  Emotionally I am trying to be hopeful- I tested daily and am glad to see I’m not alone!  It’s so hard to get excited. 

1/23 for an early us. I had blood done in the beginning and things looked good so Obgyn said I can come early.  Praying for a good scan and heartbeat!

We met on a blind date- a friend set us up! We went to the drive in movies and talked the whole time.  It was perfect. 
  • @notagoodpatient Did you message your doctor? See, this is why I’m frustrated that they’ve never checked mine. I’m clueless as to what mine is or has been! I don’t know what is even normal? Ugh. I hope your number is ok! 

@macheno This happened to me as well. What is the hook effect?
  • @chasingroygbiv iirc, the hook effect is when you have so much of the hormone in your system that it basically short circuits the test and makes it show as less
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @chasingroygbiv I got a message back from one of the nurses today. She reminded me that progesterone fluctuates quite a bit throughout the day and she’s not worried at all that it went down. Then she said the doctor would decide at our next visit (in 2 weeks) whether I needed any repeat levels. I’m not really put at ease, but at least I know I’ve expressed my concerns.
  • @chasingroygbiv The 'hook effect' is when your HcG levels get so high that when you take a HPT it looks lighter or even sometimes negative. Most tests have a maximum level that they can pick up and the hormones will no longer bond with test if they're too high. If you dilute your urine the test will read your hormones correctly. This can also sometimes happen with blood tests, too. This why it's a bad idea to test later into your pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am stressed to the absolute max about my appointment tomorrow, and it's making me super sensitive to the littlest thing. I forgot to move my work pants to the dryer yesterday because I was having a panic attack about daycare for DS, so I had to wear leggings to work today, which I got into trouble for, which set me off sobbing for over an hour.
    I feel like I just want to curl up in a ball and not move until tomorrow
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 sending you lots of positive thoughts your way. The anxiety before appointment is rough! Be gentle with yourself today and know you have lots of Internet strangers supporting you 🙂
  • I've been having on and off PGAL anxiety this whole time. I finally cracked and called my OB today. No bleeding or unusual cramps so my appointment for Monday still stands, but they're going to try to get me an ultrasound order.

We moved over the summer and this practice was highly recommended, but I'm bummed a dating/viability scan isn't typical with them. My last OB did US in house and did them pretty liberally.

I just need to know things are ok. 
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    edited January 2020
    @annieco13 similarly, my EDD for this pregnancy is only two days different from my loss's EDD and it's definitely feeding into my anxiety. I totally empathize on the struggles with emotional connections. I saw in the intro thread that we have the same EDD, 9/8. May we both get there with boring ease. 
  • @cnf2013 hang in there due date buddy:)- I hope they get you the ultrasound.   It is impossible not to have anxiety and it can really take some stress off.

We had an early viability today, I sighed a big sigh of relief when we were placed in a different room than before.  I couldn’t even look at the screen until I saw my husbands face light up. I go back in 3 weeks and it’ll feel like forever!  

Fx to you on Monday!!
  • Hi ladies  Thought I posted this a few days ago, but must have just saved a draft. .  I think I'm somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks along at the moment but my cycle was very strange so not positive.  I had three early miscarriages between my first two boys.  We then tried for over two years for our third.  After a HSG I was diagnosed with blocked tubes and was told I would not be able to conceive naturally.  We were delightfully surprised that we have indeed conceived naturally.  My HCG was being monitored closely and has been doubling in 48 hours.  Going in for an ultrasound on Thursday to make the baby is in the right place.

In the last week I've started to feel sick on and off throughout the day, really tired, sore breasts and strong sense of smell (always my tell-tale that I'm pregnant)

First date with my hubby was a sushi restaurant.

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    Losses 06/15, 09/15, 02/16
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20

• Ugh, I had a horrible nightmare that I MC and I can’t shake it. Haven’t been able to sleep since and I woke up from it over 2 hours ago. So awful. Hate PGAL brain and now I’m so worried about my appointment on Monday.  :(
  • @chasingroygbiv I'm sorry you're having bad dreams 😞 I've had them before and they're the worst.

I just realized today that my next ultrasound is scheduled for 8w3d, which is the same as I went in with my last pregnancy and found out baby's heart had stopped
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Sending you lots of hugs @chasingroygbiv. I'm sorry about the crap dream. 
  • I have my first appointment tomorrow and it is giving me serious anxiety. I started bleeding the day before my first appointment with my first pregnancy and I'm really feeling that memory today. I feel like I'll be in the bathroom checking the tp all day. 

@chasingroygbiv Dreams during pregnancy are the craziest and nightmares are the worst. Sending hugs and comfort!
  • @beaandthebabes I’m sorry you’re feeling stressed. I have an appointment tomorrow and I’ve also been double checking my TP, second guessing ever cramp. I’ll be crossing all my fingers and toes for both of us tomorrow!
  • @beaandthebabes sending so many good thoughts to you. I was so anxious before my appointment yesterday that even when things were good it was really tough for me to enjoy it rather than just feeling relieved. PGAL is so tough. Be gentle with yourself and tomorrow will be here before you know it!! ❤️