September 2020 Moms

*TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

Re: *TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

• Thank you @greyl! I really really hope you can get a scan tomorrow. Thinking good thoughts. 

And damn, I am now having some brown spotting and cramps again. 
  • @clammycolt you’re most welcome!! I know how much we need all the support we can get right now!! Thank you! I hope I can too. But if not hopefully within the next week I can get a new appointment! 

Oh no I’m sorry to hear you’re having spotting and cramping again :( fx it stops soon!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Currently waiting for an unexpected ultrasound. Doctor couldn’t pick up heartbeat on doppler I understand it’s early, but I’m in such a panic. 
  • @chasingroygbiv thinking about you - hugs!
  • @greyl @chasingroygbiv @clammycolt so sorry you guys are going through this tough time. Hoping your appointments going well, and your LOs are safe and healthy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • pghren said:
    I'm so glad everyone is still having good news here, it's hard to come visit this thread, but I want to be here to support as much as I can. Having been through it (bleeding and losses) I know how much these threads can be a source of comfort.
    All of this. I do keep checking in to see how you all are doing. I brace myself Everytime I see an update but I love that this is so far full of good news! And we are heading out of our high risk window soon! Hang in there babies!
    Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020
  • @awilliams00 I'm so glad to hear that everything was well
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @awilliams00 so happy to hear you have a baby in there with a strong heartbeat! Fx the sch and cyst are nothing and you have continue to have a healthy pregnancy ❤️
  • Hey guys, I'm an overly anxious person on a good day, so I feel kinda dumb even posting... I should be 8 weeks today, my appointment isn't until the 14th, which seems ages away, and mostly everything has been progressing normally,  but after work tonight i noticed a pinkish tinge after wiping, then when I got home (1hr drive or so) I had more definite pinkish red tinge with wiping. I dont remember this happening with my first pregnancy, and it has me freaking out. I was super nauseous all day, but my boobs are slightly less sore than they have been. I'm just a stupid wreck right now, what if-ing myself to death  :'(
  • @greyl you had an appointment on Monday, right? Checking in on you, darling ❤️
  • @emohay1988 I did! Everything went well, my BP was high and my cervix gets irritated easily but baby was in there with a heartbeat! I posted two photos in the ultrasound thread! Thank you for checking in that’s very sweet ❤️ 

@amathera I’m sorry you’re dealing with spotting right now and that your appointment isn’t for a little while :( any way they can fit you in earlier for piece of mind since you’re having spotting? Fx it doesn’t continue!! 
  • @amathera I would call your doctor to see if they can check things out and hopefully reassure you. 
  • awilliams00 I have an SCH too. It was found after a massive bleed at 5+5, but baby's heart was beating away in the ER. More bleeding and another OB appointment showed another heartbeat. Will find out more on Monday. It's terrifying! I hope your spotting/bleeding is not bad if at all!
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @amathera Sorry to hear you are dealing with spotting. I would definitely call your doctor's office and let them know what's going on. Maybe they can see you earlier or do bloodwork to give you some peace of mind. I had spotting with my 1st pregnancy around the same time, and it turns out that I had a benign polyp on my cervix, my doctor removed it and the spotting stopped after about a week. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @flinstone-2 fortunately I only had one bleeding incident but it was definitely nerve wracking. I feel relieved to know what's going on now and why it happened. I hope your appointment on Monday goes well and I will definitely keep you in my thoughts. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I’m 8+1 today. I woke up this morning and I had some flecks of blood on the TP. Not much in amount, but actually red (when I’ve had previous TP freak outs it’s tended to be pink or brown). I had a good ultrasound on Wednesday, but then I had this weird pain and vomiting on Thursday, so now I’m freaking out that the pain/vomiting were a sign of something bad instead of just morning sickness. Office is closed for the weekend, but I’m going to try to call the nurse on call in a little bit. 

If I had this the day of ultrasound (or even day of forceful vomiting) I would blame that, but it’s days later and this is clearly fresh not old blood...
  • @notagoodpatient Thinking of you! Hoping everything is alright.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @notagoodpatient I know you mentioned pain and vomiting and other stomach issues - did it come with constipation or other poop problems? If yes, is there any chance the blood on the TP was from the other end?

Fingers crossed that everything is fine!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • @notagoodpatient I am thinking of you, please keep us posted. 
  • Thanks for all your thoughts @macheno and @chasingroygbiv

So far I’m just trying to take it easy today. No additional blood since this morning although TP is still a little pink/brown. No cramping, and since it’s stopped I’m feeling better, but still freaked out. I’m definitely not going to be able to wait 5 weeks for OB intake. 

No, when it first happened I was praying it was a hemorrhoid or something, but definitely came from the V. I’m keeping my FX it’s nothing as well. 
  • @notagoodpatient if it was just a little bit of red I'd be more inclined to think it was just some cervical irritation. You'd be surprised at what can bother the stupid thing 🙄
    I've had one instance of some red bleeding but basically constant pink/brown in varying degrees and so far so good 🤷
    Definitely push to get in earlier but also try not to worry
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @notagoodpatient thinking of you and your little babe. I agree with @mflowers929 I wouldn’t worry too much but I know that’s close to impossible from experience. I’ve had the same thing with the specks. Fx you can get a hold of someone for some reassurance and hopefully you can continue to take it easy. Keep us updated! 
  • Oh @notagoodpatient I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I have absolutely no sage insight to offer, just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you. I hope you get some peace of mind when you can get in touch with the doctor. 
  • Hi all.  No spotting here, but I'm at risk for a blighted ovum.  Had first ultrasound 2 weeks ago (as soon as HCG hit 2,000 as I am increased risk for ectopic).  Gestational sac was seen at 5w5d, but nothing was seen inside, but I was told the equipment wouldn't see anything before 7 weeks.  Made an appointment for two weeks later(yesterday).  Slightly bigger gestational sac, but only grew 6 days instead of 2 weeks and still appeared empty (should have been 7weeks 5 days).  I'm holding a glimmer of hope that maybe my tilted uterus is affecting visibility.  I go for blood work to check my HCG numbers but unfortunately have to wait as we are traveling this week.

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    Losses 06/15, 09/15, 02/16
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20

• @Af2013nl @momofmiracles31889 sending you both positive vibes and keeping you in my thoughts. Fx that everything works out! ❤️
  • @momofmiracles31889 that sounds very similar to my experience. I'm also on lovenox, baby aspirin, and progesterone. I'm 10w now, but I had spotting (pink to brown to red) pretty much daily for 3 weeks or so. I just tried to keep in mind that I'm on blood thinners so that means that I'm likely to bleed more easily. Plus your cervix already has a ton of blood in it and is so easily irritated by tiny things you'd never even think of.
    I hope it's the same for you!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @greyl and @mflowers929 thanks so much for the support!! that makes me feel so much better to know you experienced that too and have a healthy baby at 10 weeks! (Of course I’m sorry that you had to spot too as I know it’s scary :( but glad your baby is growing strong and appreciate you sharing) I’ve never made it this far or been on lovenox so I know it’s good to remember I don’t know what is “normal” for me and as long as scans continue to look good I should try to stay positive! Is this your first pregnancy on lovenox @mflowers929?
  • @momofmiracles31889 my 3rd, actually. My son and then one that I lost in October. It's my first on progesterone though. I conceived DS less than 3 weeks after I got my mirena removed so I suggested to my high risk doctor that I might have still had some progestin in my system and he agreed that it was worth a try anyways.
    I also spotted on and off with DS, including one terrifying gush of red at 10 weeks,  but he was just super active and using my placenta as a trampoline (nothing much has changed there 🙄😂).
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 that makes sense to try the progesterone then, I hope that combo will help you have a healthy baby this time! My doctors weren’t really sure what’s wrong (i had some slightly elevated clotting panel levels and am heterozygous for MTHFR)  so the only new thing I’m on this time is lovenox but they figured to keep me on everything just to be safe! That’s so crazy your little boy was bouncing on your placenta 😂 I guess there’s all sorts of causes of spotting in pregnancy! Are you pretty used to the lovenox shots by now then? It’s taken me some getting used to, my stomach is pretty bruised and they burn pretty bad sometimes but just praying they’re what is helping this baby grow further than the others so it’s worth it! 
  • @momofmiracles31889, sounds like quite a journey and I am so sorry you are having bleeding again. Has it stopped or continued? 

For what it is worth, I had spotting at the 8 week mark and some cramping for a few days. The combination was very stressful. And here I am at almost 11.5 weeks and things are doing great. 

Know that you are doing everything you can at this point and do keep us updated. Sending positive thoughts your way. 
  • @momofmiracles31889 I hope the combo you're on works for you too! Haha, yeah, he's been crazy since he was conceived. DH said at our 12 week scan that he was going to be a handful and... Well, I don't know if he cursed us or was just predicting the future lol.
    The shots are always a PITA. I find that they're burning less for me this time around though. I alternate from my love handles to my outer thighs because I get pretty bruised up. I also tend to pinch myself somewhere else to take the, well, sting out of the sting.
    Unfortunately I'm in the same boat with no concrete answers. We even did genetic testing on the last fetus and it was a healthy boy and neither hubby nor myself have any markers so just luck of the draw 😕
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Knottiefadadd24ba792e4b that happened to me and it ended up being a subchorionic hematoma that had clotted (brown blood) then that clot broke again (bright red blood). Doc gave me progesterone and assigned me bed rest.