September 2020 Moms

Week 3 Check in w/o 2/3

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 3rd week of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be?

Re: Week 3 Check in w/o 2/3

• EDD/weeks+days: 7+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: today! at 1 pm :)

How are you feeling? Not too bad actually which is of course making me nervous. Nausea has been on and off and my boobs only really bother me when I wake up. Still not in the mood to eat anything which sucks but oh well!

Raves/Rants: raves: found out today that supposedly my insurance does actually cover my visits with a copay (unlike what the previous lady said) so i'm really hoping that is actually true and we don't have to pay a ton oop upfront.
    rants: I really should be looking for a new job but the thought of having to apply and go to interviews right now is haunting. But I also hate doing what I currently do so I guess I have to suck it up and decide.

Questions: none right now

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? definitely right now a stay at home mom. or have a job that I loved and that pays so well that I can put my kids in the absolute best day care and not have to worry too much. Still not sure exactly what I would be good at though.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 09.14  8 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: WEDNESDAY (02.05) I am sooooo excited and nervous. 

How are you feeling? Miserable. Like a hangover that won't go away. It is overwhelming sometimes and all I can think of is that when I was pregnant with DS it was like this all 39 weeks.  :'(

Raves/Rants: We are working on potty training with DS (2yo) and he is doing really well. Honestly I think it is a little early but he was very very interested so we are fostering that for sure. It is really a laid back and no pressure process at the moment but good gravy does this nausea and smell sensitivity make it tough!

Questions:

SAHM and living the dream. I love what I do and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am also a certified health coach and when the kids are a little bigger I'd like to delve a bit more into that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like I disappeared from the forums last week, I was just feeling so crummy. Hopefully back in action this week!

EDD/weeks+days: September 18th / 7+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out, just deciding on NIPT vs waiting for anatomy scan.

Baby is the size of a(n): Uncooked macaroni 

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday 2/5 for ultrasound 

How are you feeling? Meh. Last week was rough with exhaustion, nausea/food aversions and headaches. Then this weekend I was on call so I didn’t sleep Friday and then actually went in and did surgery all night Saturday. So I’m feeling completely exhausted but not sure I can blame it on pregnancy...

Raves/Rants: MH just got back in to town today after a 2 week business trip! I was getting so incredibly lonely and also feeling pretty tired of doing all the housework and dog chores. 

Questions: none right now

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Sometimes I say no job, lol! But other times I really love what I do. Just ready to be an attending that only works 60 hours a week instead of 90+
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7 weeks 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: Not until March

How are you feeling? I had a terrible weekend. I was just trying to get through every minute. Even with some old Rx nausea meds from my last pregnancy, I vomited on Saturday. I just felt so unwell like Friday through yesterday.

Raves/Rants: I started my Art Journaling subscription box today!

I started my business last year doing custom cake and cookie baking. I wasn't able to successfully launch it with the funding and family situation, but it's definitely something I'm still wishing I could do full time
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9/13 8w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  green

Baby is the size of a(n):  wild strawberry

Upcoming appointments: not until 3/2 but I have blood work and stuff to schedule

How are you feeling?  miserable my doc says I can up my dose of b6 so I’m trying that 

Raves/Rants: great appointment today.  Baby measured right on track with heart rate of 167. My new doctor was amazing. I’m a little overwhelmed  though by all the appointments I need to set up with genetics and mfm because of age and preterm labor risk. 

Questions: Am I the only one that manages to cry at every ultrasound? The sound of the heartbeat is just so special and I am always so full of anxiety that seeing the baby brings so much relief that I just can’t hold it together. 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Pursuing my masters in social work so would love to be doing  social work but don’t don’t know in what capacity yet. 
  • @angbaby83 my midwives reffered me to genetics because my first kiddo has a genetic condition. They called to schedule today, and I actually got in for this Thursday. I was impressed with the turnaround
  • edited February 2020
    @angbaby83   I haven't ever cried! I didn't even cry when my kids were BORN. I swear I cry watching Avengers movies but didn't cry at any of my births. I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one who NEVER cries about baby stuff!

EDD/weeks+days:  i am not keeping track of the days, too busy, but somewhere around 8 weeks!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: hoping for team pink!

Baby is the size of a(n):  gummy bear

Upcoming appointments: next Monday

How are you feeling?  BAD the last couple days. I have to cut the class i teach short bc i thought i would going to hurl or pass out. Hope the students didn't notice.

Raves/Rants: none today!

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Racecar driver!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • @angbaby83 I almost cried when I saw/heard the heartbeat but I think I was trying so hard to focus on what I was looking at that I kind of forgot about crying lol but that first gut reaction was like OMG wow i'm gonna tear up
  • I'm generally never a crier