August 2020 Moms
Options

Favourite pregnancy friendly drinks?

Hey mommas. I was just curious if some of you would like to share your favourite pregnancy safe teas, coffees, brands and so on... I love my coffee and to be honest I Still have my one a day but would like to really cut back. 
I picked up some regular Maxwel house decaf coffee, and some decaf tea. 
What are your go to’s? “Fancy” or not! 😂 

Answers

• Options
    edited February 2020
    @charhar0820 A cup of coffee a day is totally fine! Honestly, I don't change much about my diet in general, other than I don't consume alcohol. (Even then, I'll have the very occasional few ounces of red wine in the third trimester.) I haven't really been craving coffee as much lately, but when I feel like a cup or two, I don't sweat it. I've been drinking my red raspberry leaf tea as it's supposed to tone the uterus. Some ladies don't start drinking it until later in pregnancy, but I like to have it the whole time. I still have caffeinated black and green teas. With my first pregnancy, I liked to get cranberry juice and Sprite to have a mocktail at parties. I also find sparkling waters very refreshing these days, especially lemon La Croix. :) I just enjoy what I usually enjoy, without going overboard.
  • Options
    I really like Twining's herbal teas-- they are caffeine free. I know it's safe to have a cup of coffee a day but my stomach is super sensitive right now, so I am just laying low. 
    I've been drinking Twining's Ginger and Lemon tea and sometimes Honeybush, Manderin & Orange. It's a nice substitute for coffee in the morning.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lately I’m all about the green juices. I’m struggling to eat because of the nausea, but I can at least feel like I’m drinking my nutrition. Also drinking Gatorade, flavored waters, herbal teas and full-fat decaf lattes to get my calcium in lol. I guess that seems like a lot of drinks since I mix it up a lot, but I’m barely staying hydrated enough. 
  • Options
    Chocolate milk... But I'm pretty sure it's just a weird craving! 
  • Options
    Plus one to the green juice, @roo_baby

I also like to have a few of the sparkling apple cider vinegars from Trader Joe's in the fridge for when I want to feel like I'm having a cocktail with dinner. The cucumber mint is my favorite! 
  • Options
    @rivercitynik sparkling water in a lowball or wine glass with a heavy splash of bitters also fills that need for a “cocktail”. 
  • Options
    I make a pretty simple smoothie with plain yogurt, honey, fresh strawberries, and frozen blueberries. I've been craving it all the time and I make it at least once a day. 
  • Options
    I have a smoothie every morning (spinach, yogurt, frozen berries + milk) and it is pretty much the only way I can get greens in right now bc salads are not happening presently. 

Also, I drink a lot of la croix! My favorite combo is lime la croix and lemonade ('spicy lemonade' as my DS calls it)! It makes for a refreshing tailgate drink....and also delicious with rum when not preggo. 
  • Options
    Yes on the sparkling water! If you can find them Spindrift seltzer is also so good. It is seltzer with real fruit juice and feels like having a cocktail. 
  • Options
    I can’t get enough sparkling water 😍 
    Fun fact: Before I got pregnant I could Not Stand any type of sparkling water 😂 
    I'm also a fan of the sprite and cranberry combo! I usually order that if I’m out for a bite to eat at a pub style place with DH or friends. 
    Smoothies are something I feel I need to get the hang of, I know I’m not getting the amount of greens as I should be. Or perhaps I should look into these green juices! As of now I’m really only drinking my morning coffee, OJ, water and sparkling water. I treated myself to some strawberry milk and oh my, I could’ve drank the entire carton of milk in one gulp. Yum!