March 2020 Moms

Groups 3 & 4 (3/17-3/31) Check In w/o 1/27

EDD/W+D: 

Team pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms:

Upcoming appts: 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? Self care tips. 
Me: 37 | H: 44
**TW**
TTC #1: May 2015
IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
Right tube removed: February 2016
Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
TTC #2: April 2019
BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
BFP #3: July 15, 2019
EDD: March 23, 2020

Re: Groups 3 & 4 (3/17-3/31) Check In w/o 1/27

• uno_masuno_mas member
    edited January 2020
    Well I guess I’ll go first!  

EDD/W+D: 3/22/20 32w 2d

Team pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): squash? Naked tailed armadillo?  Weird suggestions this week!

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: I love grapefruit lately. Don’t have as huge an appetite as I did before. My worst symptom is feeling so blue suddenly. I’ve been really content and even tempered, even euphoric for this whole pregnancy and now I keep getting so weepy. Little things trigger it, but it’s making me nervous for after delivery too. It’s like all the feel good hormones seem to have disappeared. 

Upcoming appts: seeing the midwife this Thurs. Maybe they will do a growth scan, but I am considering declining because I’ve been measuring on track every week. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I’m considering placenta encapsulation this time around. Anyone else?  Talking to the midwife about it this week, but the most compelling thing for me is so many women try it for postpartum mood support and say they have good experiences and would do it again for subsequent pregnancies.  And on another crunchy-ish topic, any kombucha drinkers home brewers?  I’ve been brewing it at home again and drinking small amounts a few times a week. I feel like it could be so beneficial to assist gut bacteria before the GBS screening, but haven’t been able to totally ignore all the conventional, conservative opinions that home brewing is risky. 

A warm bath has been my go to lately.  And all the naps.  I can fall asleep anytime.

**edited because I forgot to include EDD
  • EDD/W+D: 3/23, 32+1

Team pink/blue/green: Pink💖

Baby is the size of a(n): Jicama 

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: No cravings or aversions. Everything seems pretty status quo in that department. Haha! Symptoms: I feel as if my hormones are beginning to change a bit. My constipation phase seems to be ending which I remember happening at 37 weeks with my DS, feeling more period like cramps and my Braxton Hicks contractions have taken it up a notch. I'm able to sleep so I feel grateful for that & my belly just feels incredibly low and heavy. 

Upcoming appts: Next Thursday for a growth ultrasound and OB visit.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm starting to get quite emotional about my first born no longer being my baby & only. I just want to soak up every single second with him, but I find my bump and exhaustion levels make it so hard. I'm excited to meet my DD, but will miss this time of just me and my DS. 💙

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? Self care tips. Massage therapy! I can't live without it. 
    **TW**

• Loading the player...
  • @uno_mas my cousin did placenta encapsulation with her DD and she seemed to think it helped her post partum moods a ton. I've never done it though myself! 
    **TW**

• @puppylove8910 a prenatal massage is on my to do list!  Such a nice treat. Also, I had the same feelings when I was expecting my daughter (wanting to savor every minute with my son/first born before the baby arrived). And after she was born, I just wanted to snuggle her every second and felt a little sad/guilty for the inevitable shift in my attention. Ultimately it is such a gift for them to have each other and they both get lots of love of course and I have a unique relationship with each of them. I want to be more conscious this time  with my third baby to put him down or pass him to someone else and spend one on one time with the big kids because I don’t think I did that enough last time. 
  • @uno_mas All research I have read has said there is zero benefit to eating your placenta. I am relatively crunchy (vegetarian, cloth diaper, extended BF, organic food, pureed own baby food, no screen time before 2 [and we’ll prob go longer]) and I do not believe in the placenta stuff. I think it’s a placebo effect. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/10/18/dont-eat-your-placenta-researchers-warn/
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I’ve been so MIA since the bump app hasn’t been working for me! Im glad I got on this thread. 

EDD/W+D: March 28, 32w2d

Team pink/blue/green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): squash

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: all the chips!!! Lol

Upcoming appts: midwife next week on Monday!

Rants/Raves/Questions: nothing so far - just sleep is starting to get a bit rough and I’m hot all the time.

This is a good one!  Hanging out on the couch with DH or some friends, mindfulness, resting and napping before our lives get turned upside down!