April 2020 Moms

Weekly Check In (All Groups) Week of 2/3

EDD/W+D: 

Team pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Cravings/Aversions:

Upcoming appts: 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY (stolen from March BMB): What is your favorite movie? How about tv show?

Re: Weekly Check In (All Groups) Week of 2/3

• EDD/W+D: 4/14, 29+6

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): zuchini

Cravings/Aversions: all the chocolate. Really wanting taco bell, too

Upcoming appts: 30 wk checkup on Friday. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: have a bunch of stuff coming for the nursery and DS's big boy room, so it feels like stuff is starting to come together!
    I've had shitty sleep latey. I'm at a point where I'm considering taking unisom at night again.

Movie is a hard one. Maybe the Harry Potter movies. Favorite TV show is Grey's Anatomy. I do love Gilmore Girls, too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/W+D: 4/11, 30w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe 

Cravings/Aversions: Still craving sweets, but trying not to eat them too often. 

Upcoming appts: 2/12 growth scan and OB

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am so tired all the time. Also, finally got my hair cut, which is awesome. It is reminding me that moms are basically invisible and just exist as incubators, because literally no one has noticed and I cut like 4 inches off. Even my mom didn’t say anything. 

Movie is Princess Bride, but I also love a bunch of Disney movies. Current TV show is This is Us. I liked Gilmore Girls when it was on, but was less into the revival. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 4/30, 27w4d

Team pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): some veggie

Cravings/Aversions: Cereal!  I want Frosted Flakes so bad.  DH bought me two boxes.

Upcoming appts: 2/13, and glucose test some time this week

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

I'm always terrible answering favorite type questions because I never have one favorite of anything.  For movies I'll say The Wedding Singer and Apocalypse Now off the top of my head.  TVshows Watchmen, Parks and Recs, Great British Baking show 

• EDD/W+D: April 26th, 28+1

Team pink/blue/green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant, tagine, bratz doll

Cravings/Aversions: Chocolate milk is still going strong, and I'm loving fresh fruit, especially strawberries. No major aversions right now

Upcoming appts: Feb 12th for a midwife check-in, Feb 28th for first prenatal visit with our doula, and regular prenatal chiropractor appointments now to get this body lined up for baby time

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rant: Not pregnancy related at all but I had a mother of the bride go full dragon lady mode on me when her daughter's bridesmaids appointment was out if time. She became such a bully to both myself and my coworker and it's the only time I've cried out of frustration at work... the crying part might be preggo related. Rave: DH and I have had way more evenings together lately to just relax and it has been blissful

GTKY (stolen from March BMB): What is your favorite movie? How about tv show? My favourite feel-good cozy movie is the 94 version of Little Women, but I love so many movies that I can really only say that one because it's a go-to. Favourite guilty pleasure TV show is Grey's Anatomy, particularly the first 3 seasons, and I'm loving Handmaids Tale
  • gingers19gingers19 member
    edited February 2020
    EDD/W+D: April 12, 30w1d

Team pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe, which seems smaller than previous weeks? 

Cravings/Aversions: Milk! every morning I need a glass. Also, wanting chocolate daily, but trying to control myself. 

Upcoming appts: tomorrow! regular OB

Rants/Raves/Questions: @mercury94 i agree! also, got a big haircut and no one noticed. Rave- I love trying to figure out what direction baby is positioned and what body parts are poking/jabbing me. The kicks, punches, and rolls are just too fun. I hear they will start to lose their novelty as 40weeks approaches. 
    I'll ask at my OB appt tomorrow, but for any STMs- did you get any U/S in third tri? 

GTKY (stolen from March BMB): What is your favorite movie? How about tv show? Love Grey's Anatomy too! It's been on for so long but just doesn't get old to me. Recently, the bachelor has been my guilty pleasure. sooo soooo dramatic I can't turn away. I'm notoriously bad at watching movies... I always fall asleep. I do a little better with documentaries - recently saw Three Perfect Strangers, which was really good! 
  • EDD/W+D: 4/11 30+2 c-section scheduled for 4/1!!!!

Team pink/blue/green: pink and blue twins 

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini apparently 

Cravings/Aversions: always seem to be craving apple juice and milk.  Last weekend I needed pancakes but that could just be me because I’m like that about pancakes when I am not pregnant. 

Upcoming appts: 
    Feb 13 I have NST BPP and prenatal 

Rants/Raves/Questions: starting feb 13 I have weekly BPP and NST tests due to the twins factor but doctor told me with our history she would be doing this weekly anyways.  I am looking forward to that weekly assurance!

movies are Adam Sandler comedies.  The last couple of years Grown Ups and Blended but still love the classics of Wedding Singer and Billy Madison

Shows are Friends and Grey’s Anatomy.  Currently rewatching Grey’s again on Netflix while knitting little girl’s blanket. 
  • EDD/W+D: eviction on 4/20

Team pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): banana split...

Cravings/Aversions: carbs and salt still. Potato chips! and smoothies, fruity, veggie, desserty- don't care.

Upcoming appts: Friday just a standard check

Rants/Raves/Questions: Tired and tired. DH keeps having his work trips move and I am like- HELLO, that impacts me, when I work from home, my work schedule too so can you maybe ask me or say no once in a while? He just told me he has a meeting mid morning in Indy on Friday so I have to do all the dog/ toddler morning stuff, get her to daycare and make the 7:45 train bc I have to be in the city for a 10am dr apt, and he might not make it back in time for pu so I have to wait til his lunch time when he will know if he will make it back or if I need to leave work early. Luckily my work is flexible but I am feeling a bit taken advantage of!

GTKY (stolen from March BMB): What is your favorite movie? How about tv show? Movie-Princess Bride, Steel Magnolias, Nightmare Before Xmas TV- Gilmore Girls, but none of that revival crap. Criminal Minds.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited February 2020
    @gingers19 Last time I had one ultrasound in 3rd tri to see how big he was and one in the hospital to check his fluid level, which led to induction. This time, I’m having monthly growth scans due to the 2 vessel cord. 

@sbalding88 I’ve never done the 3D/4D ultrasound because it costs extra and I don’t trust ultrasound boutiques. I have friends who loved seeing the pictures, but it just wasn’t worth it to me. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @gingers19 I got twice weekly bpp ultrasounds last pregnancy from 32-37 wks because of preeclampsia.
    This time, I'll be getting a 32 wk and 36 wk growth ultrasound due to a marginal cord insertion.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • babyrummombabyrummom member
    edited February 2020
    EDD/W+D: April 3rd/31W+ 3D

Team pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): head of romaine lettuce

Cravings/Aversions: Not a ton of cravings right now- still loving fresh fruit like pineapple or oranges, chocolate or sweets at times

Upcoming appts: Feburary 10th- transvaginal ultrasound to check placenta, midwife appointment that same day. Feburary 13th- Appointment with OBGyn regarding possible c-section. The waiting game is so tough! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Raves- We had a weekend away in the city for a babymoon! It was great with a prenatal spa treatment, prenatal yoga, yummy restaurants, a basketball game, an art museum, and some live music. Also, some good night's sleep! Rants- I have had so much more discomfort/pain in the left lower pelvic area. The baby seems to hang out really low down there, so I don't know if it's my ligaments stretching or what. 

EDIT: I want to add another Rant: This app is the worst! I haven't been able to read any of these threads all week from my phone and have to go on my computer to check in with you all! 

Movies are tough. It depends on my mood! I do like the Harry Potter series. TV shows that I currently watch: I'm with @gingers19 and am a Bachelor franchise junkie... It's so bad, but I can't stop. I'm a Grey's Anatomy fan, as well. I enjoyed watching Parenthood on Netflix. 
  • sbalding88sbalding88 member
    edited February 2020
    @babyrummom I hope the ultrasound on the 10th goes well! A week from tomorrow is when I'll have my first one since they orignially told me about the placenta previa, and I'm so impatient for it to get here. I'm hoping for good news - but right now, any news would be great. :expressionless: 

@mercury94 That's what I was thinking. My OB office said that if my daughter is cooperative that they might be able to get a quick 3D picture for me, but it's not a part of the normal ultrasounds that they do at their office. Considering how much of a hard time the kiddo gave them at 20 weeks, I'm not betting on that working out; I'm just so impatient to see her cute little face. But I looked at some of the prices online, and I just don't know how I'd swing that kind of money just to satisfy my curiosity. Oh well.... :smile:  
  • @gingers19 @babyrummom Bachelor junkie here too! We got 5 hours of it this week!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ejoseph16 I liked Emily’s story on the revival, but I felt like I no longer related to Rory at all. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • EDD/W+D: April 5/ 31+2

Team pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut? I think 

Cravings/Aversions: Well I was at the bulk barn today and the mini eggs were out.... seriously I can’t resist. (This is nothing new) 

Upcoming appts: Growth U/S Sunday and prenantal Monday 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I’m so done with work.. it’s really tough to stay focused and motivated when my mat leave is coming up so soon! 4 weeks away! 

Question (especially for STMs).. did you ever have days where you felt tons of movement and then days where there wasn’t as much? For about 3 days in a row last week the baby was moving like crazy and big moves/ kicks. Now the last few days have definitely been less frequent and intense. I think the baby changed positions so that could have something to do with it but my nurse brain is thinking too much. It definitely still meets “kick count” requirements and I auscultated the heart rate and it was ok.. but it’s so hard not to focus on it. 

GTKY (stolen from March BMB): What is your favorite movie? How about tv show? Movie ... honestly not sure. TV show.. probably greys anatomy! 
  • @mercury94 yes! Emily’s story was phenomenal! And I loved how they handled Ed Hermann’s death. Rory though... ugh. 

@kath1414  I was feeling pretty sick yesterday and my kick count took much longer than normal, but it still was within the “normal” time frame. I feel you though on the concern. I’m only a FTM, but thought I’d mention it. Today baby is already way more active than yesterday. My morning kick count took 5 minutes at most. 
  • @kath1414 I feel the same way about movement.  I wonder sometimes if it correlates with growth spurts and LO is sleeping more.
  • @kath1414 I’ve definitely had days where she moved less and freaked me out. She always hits the kick count, though. Other days, I don’t even do my kick count because she is constantly wiggling around in there and I know it’s more than the required amount. 

@ejoseph16 I was the same age as Rory when the show aired originally. When she applied to college, I was applying to college, etc. So, she was always the one I related to. Watching the revival, I felt like I was so far beyond where she was and it was just jarring. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @kath1414 FTM here - but I definitely have felt that off and on. I think my anterior placenta makes the movements I feel different than what others feel at this far along, but she did have a few quiet days that kind of freaked me out. But then she's had a few active days again, and I did a few kick counts for the first time this week and she always hits her 10 kicks in a half hour and often less when I check her at night, her favorite time of day to dance. I just wish I could just grab a sneak peak of her to make sure she's okay in there. :)
  • @gingers19 I don’t think it’s common to get any more ultrasounds after 20 weeks unless there are complications or high risk pregnancy. 

@sbalding88 I’ve done the 3D with each pregnancy and have really enjoyed them. I think it’s more of a person preference and whether the extra cost is worth it. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• EDD/W+D: April 7th - 30 W

Team pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Otter

Cravings/Aversions: Craving anything spicy. Adding hot sauce to everything. Packing a baggie of pepperoncini to much all day at work (followed by breath mints before meetings...).  Someone suggested this will mean my kid won't like spicy foods... 

Upcoming appts: Just had an ECHO for myself, and next week starts my twice weekly NSTs. February and March already seem so overwhelming between appointments, birth class and baby showers. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I feel very lucky that little one is SO active. I haven't had to worry about kick counts one bit - she makes her presence know, often. On the downside, she loves a good 11:00 PM or 3:30 AM dance party so I am really not sleeping much. It has been a treat to see DH so excited to feel things. He's getting really into it. 

GTKY (stolen from March BMB): What is your favorite movie? How about tv show? Gosh, movies are so hard to pick just one. A few that I could watch again and again are Little Women, Mad Max Fury Road, Apollo 13, Saving Private Ryan, Fried Green Tomatoes, Steel Magnolias, The Sandlot, A League of Their Own. For TV, I cycle through but again, things I would watch over and over... early Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, Schitt's Creek, early The Office, Gilmore Girls, ER. I think we all have a lot of cross over here!
  • @kath1414 - FTM here and I have definitely felt that way! I have a doppler and I use it anytime I get a bit nervous but my ob says it's completely normal for her to more active and less active days as long as 1) she's meeting kick count and 2) her HB is 120 or higher. She definitely tends to move more at night but some days she's little miss moving during the day and sometimes she's much more chill. Yesterday was a more chill today and today she's been dancing around pretty consistently all morning/afternoon. It actually makes me feel better that you and some of the other ladies have felt/worried the same way. I think I'll be at least a little nervous until she's here - and even then, a whole new list of worries will start!

@mercury94 @ejoseph16 - I really liked the revival but oftentimes wanted to slap Rory in the face. I liked Emily and Lorelei's storylines and I loved catching up with all the old friends from Stars Hollow but I wanted to shake Rory and be like WTF. Stop being a moron. I wish the revival had STARTED with the big reveal of her being pregnant and then she could get her shit together as the seasons progressed and she could work it out with Logan and then marry Jess. That's what I pretend ended up happening.

• EDD/W+D: 31&1 - 4/6

Team pink/blue/green: PINK

Baby is the size of a(n): I'm not even paying attention anymore because TB sizes make zero sense.

Cravings/Aversions: I'm all set with red meat and chicken lately. I don't want to see it raw and I don't want to smell it get cooked. I would, however, like all of the cheese and crackers and all of the ice cream and all of the Thin Mints.

Upcoming appts: 2/12 for growth u/s and ob appt

Rants/Raves/Questions: My hips are going rogue and it hurts SO bad. I'm annoyed to already basically be waddling. I don't want to work anymore. Why am I not a lottery winner? I'm so annoyingly extra in love with DH, though, lately, and that feels so nice. We always work well as a team but the last couple of weeks I've been extra googly eyed.

GTKY (stolen from March BMB): What is your favorite movie? How about tv show? Little Women 1994 & 2019 and the latest scary movie I've seen are usually my favorites. TV is Parks & Rec, Gilmore Girls, Supernatural, Great British Baking Show, Game of Thrones, Witcher, Haunting of Hill House, basically anything 2000/2010s or scary.
  • EDD/W+D: April 7th, 31 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): asparagus?

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really unusual. Still eating tons of fruit though!

Upcoming appts: Nothing this week, but have my midwife next week

Rants/Raves/Questions: Having lots of back pain, and now have pubic bone pain too :( I've booked physio this week, so hoping that helps!

GTKY (stolen from March BMB): What is your favorite movie? How about tv show? Movies would be the Harry Potter series... and TV show is still Grey's Anatomy!
  • @literatureandink I totally imagine something similar for Rory. The revival bothered me because it just killed my own belief that she was doing something great with her life and settling down with Jess. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @ejoseph16 the Friends DVD’s are better as Netflix had cut some small things out.  My college roommates and I didn’t have cable or an antenna so we just watched our dvds over and over... 😂 

@Sailing_Mama that is so wonderful you did one for your son.  If I had a little one at home already, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be knitting these ones. I’ll post pics when done for sure, if not before!!
  • @mwill291 you totally reminded me I need to start prepping freezer meals! It’s the main thing I don’t enjoy doing prep wise but I am always thankful I do

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @mwill291 omg yes! YOU is super addicting! One of our teammates last year introduced us to it and we have all been hooked on it. I’m so intrigued by how the last season left things... 

@mandarenee898 agreed. But, it was nice to not have MH taking the dvds out and losing where I was in the series. Lol
  • @coaster102516 I am so jealous of everything you've gotten done!!
  • sbalding88sbalding88 member
    edited February 2020
    @mwill291 goat cheese stuffed peppadew peppers?!? I didn't know what this was - and maybe it should have stayed that way because I saw a picture of them and now I need to have them in my life. Reading through the cravings y'all have is dangerous because then I get ideas. :lol:

@Sailing_Mama I'm probably too cheap to actually go and do it, but I am curious of what she'll look like. Not $250+ curious though. :flushed: I'll just have to be patient and wait until April, and you're right - she probably won't even look much like the 3D rendering. 
  • @sbalding88 I'm totally influenced by other people's cravings! Three days ago a client offhand mentioned fried chicken and I finally broke and got some today. Compromised by getting little strips and not a whole bucket 😂
  • @korthouse A FB friend mentioned the Popeye’s chicken sandwich 3 days ago. I know I’ll be getting it soon because I can’t stop thinking about it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Thanks everyone for the replies about the decreased movement! Update: I ended up having my ultrasound bumped up and had it done yesterday due to my concerns.. and baby is breech! I’m thinking he just turned into that position and is likely why I’ve been feeling less movement. Fingers crossed he turns but he seems pretty comfy in this new spot with all this decreased activity! 🤦‍♀️
  • @kath1414 Glad that you were able to bump up your ultrasound! Try spending some time every day on elbows and knees. My chiro says this will give baby room to move out of breech in your pelvis and to move in the right direction
  • @kath1414 Glad the U/S was reassuring that all was okay! If he doesn't turn in the next couple of weeks, do some research on breech birth... there's been a lot of research out lately that it isn't nearly as dangerous as they used to think, and so long as you don't have additional risks and your provider is supportive, you can still have a breech birth (I know my midwife would have to enlist an OB for the birth as well, but it's becoming much more common here)