September 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 2/3

edited February 2020 in September 2020 Moms
What’s on your mind this week? 

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 2/3

• If we have a good appointment today I really want to drag H to the store to look at baby stuff. Haven’t purchased anything yet! He’ll probably want to come right home though :’( 
  • Loading the player...
  • @robyn2201 solidarity sister! DH was gone all week 2 weeks ago, was home for the weekend and then I was gone for the week. This solo parenting stuff is not for the faint of heart. Tbh, when DH was gone, I didn’t do a damn thing beyond keeping me and DD alive. DH was way more productive while I was gone. 
  • @greyl Did you get to do some shopping? It just dawned I me last night that I could shop for baby clothes. For some reason I hadn’t even thought to look at clothes yet. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I have another boy I already have all the clothes, just have to get them back from the friend who borrowed them. If I have a girl I'll probably get a lot of hand-me-downs from another friend. One of the benefits of having a large group of friends who are all having kids at the same time lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 That is exactly why I hadn’t thought to shop for baby clothes. We have so many boy clothes in every size it is ridiculous. They are just waiting in totes in the basement. It hadn’t dawned on my that if this ends up being a girl I may want some girly clothes.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • One of the reasons why I want to get an early gender determination is that we have this HUGE consignment sale twice a year (takes up the entire floor of the coliseum) and if I know early what we're having then I can figure out what we need and do some of my shopping there.
    Last time I went I got a huge bag of stuff for like $40
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • machenomacheno member
    edited February 2020
     I woke up this morning with a sore throat, and I'm really hoping I'm not getting sick. The weather was great here today. So DS and I went to the playground and he had a blast on the swings.

@pghren Wow! That is does sound like a lot! How are you able to schedule it around your work?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was MIA for a week because we went to Disney and taking 4 kids to Disney while first trimester pregnant is exhausting. We had fun though.

Did any of you guys decide to start shopping? With 2 girls and 2 boys, I’m pretty set so there won’t be much shopping over here. 🙌🏻
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • edited February 2020
    @louise_belcher we didn’t unfortunately!! By the time we got out of the appt and got food/came home it was early evening so we just ate and took naps lol! Maybe some other day. I have over a month until my next appt so I’ll need to keep myself busy somehow!

this is my first so we have to start from scratch! I’m planning on thrifting if possible because even though baby clothes and small and inexpensive I know it will add up with everything else we have to buy. I’m not even sure if I will get showers since both of our families are out of state and I would have to travel to go to them. 
  • @pghren Oh man! That is so much to manage and such a long eval. Both of my kids had early intervention for a while and just once a week felt like such a struggle to plan for. I’m sorry you have so much to juggle. 

@greyl Bummer you didn’t get to go browse. Collecting all the stuff the first time around is so fun! I had a large shower and H had a diaper party with our first so we really only had clothes to purchase then which was the fun stuff. I hope you end up getting a shower. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @macheno I am at home with him, so I don't have to schedule around work. I haven't been able to get my business running at full speed though due to timing of childcare between me and my husband
  • @Louise_Belcher thanks! We're keeping PT and Vision but switching vision therapists. And we're adding OT and Speech. So it will be an adjustment for sure
  • @pghren Oh wow! I didn't realize there was vision therapy, but that makes sense and is wonderful. That will be an adjustment to add all of that into your schedule I am sure. Our interventions were both speech therapy which seems fairly common, but I was so happy to get. DS1 wouldn't speak and DS2 continued to significantly drool far beyond a normal age.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @pghren That's good you don't have to schedule it around work. Sorry you haven't been able to get your business fully running. I know you said you are a baker, is it something you can do at home? or is it too much with LO around? I would love to be able to do something from home, but DS is in everything I don't think I would have time at this age.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • boymommatwoboymommatwo member
    edited February 2020
    @crispy11 I have 2 boys already so we are all set with boy stuff. Since we aren’t finding out until the baby is born I have picked up some girl stuff. We have consignment shop (Once Upon a Child) that has had some awesome sales recently so I’ve gotten a bunch of stuff between onesies, outfits, pants, jacket, pajamas (around 47 items) for about $30.
  • @crispy11 we love Disney! We are local and had annual passes up until a few months ago but decided to spend that money on other adventures and places to see.
  • Just did my taxes (can't submit them until the 24th, ugh) but was told that my child tax credit is going up to almost the maximum. Yay for being part time? Lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • DS isn't feeling good and we both passed out on the couch. Woke up 40 minutes after DH asked me to wake him up. Oops
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Great British Baking Show is the best show to watch while pregnant. Just saying.
  • @rocketmom88 I haven’t watched that yet! I’ve been watching a lot of cupcakes wars lately 
  • ughhh I'm a semi-regular Orange Theory go-er, and today was ROUGH.  I couldn't row bc I thought I was gonna hurl.  But, still good to just be moving, even if I can't push very hard.
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • @mandamomof3 That's so cute! I can't WAIT to tell my bigs! They're with their dad for the next two weeks until I have them again, I'll tell them then. I got them shirts, but I might add a cake too!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • @Louise_Belcher I love that bet!  We don't have cable otherwise I would definitely try to institute that at my house!
  • @hp242 We don't either. We watch it on Netflix or the free PBS app. It is such a sweet show.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @mandamomof3 That cookie cake is epic!! What a great way to tell her!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • I'm just so sick of feeling sick. This is so much different from my other pregnancies and H doesn't seem to understand how bad I feel and how I'm struggling just to get through the day 🤢😞
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mandamomof3 how cute! Such a sweet way to tell her. 

@hp242 Love GBBS, too. I have a friend who is doing a personal baking challenge by trying to bake everything from every episode (the ones aired in America/on Netflix)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno that sounds fun too!  

@Louise_Belcher  I’ll have to see if it’s in Canadian Netflix, I haven’t noticed it before but tbh I haven’t looked for it.

I did just find out that all of Little House on the Prarie is on Prime TV so I’ll be starting on that tonight. 😁
  • You guys, I may be crazy 😜 I just switched doctors and my appt is now 2/28, versus my initial at 2/18 🤦🏻‍♀️ both places don’t see you until 8-12 weeks 😳 must be a DE thing. 

Where I live, we have two hospitals, Christiana and Kent. My first delivery at Christiana went fine, except the nurses were not attentive and I felt the post partum care was less than stellar. 

I have struggled for the last two weeks on Making a decision to switch from my current doctor ( which delivers at Christiana and has my prior pregnancy history) to a new doctor that delivers at Kent and of course will only have records to go off of. 

Both places have good and bad reviews. Most people I know have had amazing experiences in the maternity ward at Kent. The major difference is that Christiana is a trauma level 1 hospital where as Kent is not. The other major for me; my MIL passed from cancer in the Christiana hospital in 2018. I haven’t stepped foot in there since and I’m not sure I could mentally/emotionally handle it. 

I’m hoping I made the right decision. My anxiety about this has been off the charts.
  • @robinj716 It sounds like you made a well-informed decision to switch OBs. Hoping your next appointment goes well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Managed to get a piece of toast and a small bowl of oatmeal into me this morning. Was fighting with the last few bites of oatmeal. I had to leave it and come back.
    I have no clue if I'll be able to eat any lunch today
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 just do what you can! I hope it gets easier soon!