September 2020 Moms

*TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

I took this blurb/idea from August 2020 (who borrowed from July 2020). I know reading the threads was helpful to me in the past, and I wanted us all to have a dedicated forum when dealing with these upsetting issues. 

This thread is to support anyone experiencing spotting and/or bleeding.

All conversation surrounding these issues should go here. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support.  The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support

Re: *TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

• edited January 2020
    Currently at 5 weeks. Been spotting/bleeding dark red-brown for 10 days, and recently bright red for the past 2 days.
    Hcg went from 300 to 200 within 4 days, which doctor said is “stable”
    Still in a limbo of ectopic vs. miscarriage vs. normal. 
    Been a crazy ride so far!
    currently in touch with my doctor. we will just have to wait and see what happens 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Knottiefadadd24ba792e4b I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Are you getting additional labs/ultrasound to figure it out?
  • Hello, I'm currently 6 weeks, 4th pregnancy, hopefully first baby. I was getting ready for work on Thursday and started spotting, I didn't think anything of it as I had spotted before in my other pregnancys. So I went to work like nothing happened and it got worse. I had an anxiety attack and so my boss sent me to the walk in. He did a pap, and told me to rest for a couple of days... (yay). I am so from Vancouver B.C. and I'm apart of the womens lose center and so I called them telling them what had happened and so I was send to the hospital to find out my blood (my blood type is 0-) was attacking the baby. So I had to spend 8 or 9 hours waiting for a shot to help stop my blood from attacking. My baby potato is fine for now but i keep checking to see if I'm bleeding and I still have that voice in my head saying it's going to happen again. (My recent lose was my son, M.J. we named him after his grandparents) my husband and I thought we were in the clear but then my water broke and labor happened.) I know I'm being overly cautious but I dont know how to not be. All the doctors say I'll be fine the baby will be fine. But that voice in my head... reminds me that I'm not. 😪
  • Yes on Wednesday. If bleeding is worse I’ll be in the ER. 
  • @Knottiefadadd24ba792e4b and @knottiecc13a8ce3382f826 any updates? I hope bleeding has stopped for both of you. I hope all is well and you can introduce yourselves to the BMB and spend the next 8 months here!
  • Little worse today for me, but not flowing enough to rush to the ER. 
    Hoping it’s a natural miscarriage and I won’t need further treatment or surgery.
    will also be praying for a miracle at my next follow up on Wednesday!!!
  • @livins my DS was conceived 2-3 weeks after I got my mirena removed. He's a healthy happy 19 month old now, if that makes you feel better 😊
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 100% thank you so much for this!
  • Thinking of both of you! Bleeding of any kind during pregnancy can be so unnerving! 
  • 6 weeks 4 days, first pregnancy. I had a scare over the weekend with light bleeding that was dark red/brown. It tapered off to just brown the next couple days and got lighter. Now no blood today.

Went in for an emergency ultrasound, and saw the baby's heartbeat in spite of it all ❤️ I'm still suffering from extreme morning sickness and fatigue, so I'm optimistic that this was just a scare. 

Anyone else going through this?
  • @emohay1988 not with this pregnancy but I had the same type bleeding at around your same time with my first pregnancy. My daughter will be turning one on Wednesday and my pregnancy with her went on to be a very healthy one! 
  • I'm awaiting my own blood test results. Had some bleeding for only a day, then some spotting. Hcg was only 8, but its  very early. Hopefully the results come back today with higher numbers. I'm planning for the worst but praying for a miracle. I never do anything typically with my health, so I'm hoping I'm just weird with my numbers and that everything is okay.
  • This thread is actually really encouraging. I had several positive pregnancy tests last week that the lines progressively got fainter and I have had heavy bleeding for the past two days. When I called my midwife, she said it was pretty clear I was miscarrying and not to bother coming in unless the bleeding continued the rest of the week. Reading some of these stories makes me not so sure anymore...I'm going to take another pregnancy test in the morning.

Second pregnancy, first loss.
  • @KLS123 I am surprised they don’t want to see you. Even if it were a miscarriage, they usually want you to come in to make sure it progresses correctly.  If you are not comfortable that what she told you is right, don’t be afraid to speak up or get a second opinion. 

With that said, I hope she is wrong and that baby is still growing and doing well! Either way, we are here for support! 
  • @scaron86 I was surprised as well. I thought they would at least do a blood test or sonogram to confirm. I'm going to see how the next day or two plays out bleeding wise and POAS results and then reconsider trying to make an appointment. 
  • @KLS123 when I had my MC in October, there was no doubt I had miscarried (I’ll spare the details). Even with zero doubt, my doctor still had me come in for an ultrasound and blood work for the next 6 weeks until my numbers dropped under 5. I know every doctor is different but mine was obvious and they still wanted to check. Really hoping you have a positive outcome!! I’ve also heard stories of heavy bleeding and the baby being Ok. 
  • @scaron86 and @KLS123I had two early losses and the OB didn’t have me come in for either. For the first one my test looked negative before I started bleeding, the second one it was negative after a few days. I got the warning about going to the ER with severe pain or soaking more than a pad an hour, but I didn’t have betas or an ultrasound...
  • awilliams00awilliams00 member
    edited January 2020
    Hi all. Based on last missed period, I believe I should be around 6w 6d. I have been having brown discharge for a couple weeks now, which I know can be perfectly normal but I called the doctor in case. They had me do bloodwork and my first hcg was 12000+. Two days later 18000+ and 3 days later 24000+. The doctor is concerned that the numbers aren't doubling. I had some bleeding on Saturday night but it wasn't a lot and didn't last long. Nothing since then. I've had cramping throughout so far. This is my second pregnancy and way different than my first. I'm all over the place with what this could all mean and have to wait until Monday for an ultrasound. Does anyone have experience with a situation like this?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • @awilliams00 was the 24k 3 days after the 12k or the 18k? If it was 3 days after the 12k that's still within the realm of normal, though should definitely be monitored
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • awilliams00awilliams00 member
    edited January 2020
    @mflowers929 It was 3 days after the 18k
  • @awilliams00 oh. I had something similar happen and I hate to say it but it didn't turn out good for me 😞 I hope that's not your case but I would probably prepare yourself
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @awilliams00 fx all is well on Monday. Keeping you in my thoughts!! 
  • @awilliams00 sorry to hear your are limbo. I have been there myself and it’s very difficult to stay optimistic. Hoping you get good news on Monday! 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• edited January 2020
    @awilliams00   I think by the time your levels are THAT high, it doesn't double every two days anymore.  Rising numbers are definitely a good sign! I hope it works out for you!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • So sorry you’re going through this. Keep us posted!
  • So sorry you’re going through this. Keep us posted!
  • Thank you all for your feedback and support. We are definitely keeping our fingers crossed for the best.
  • Had a really rough day at work (super busy so I was moving around a lot and lifting/cutting/etc) and I was on my feet for about 10 hours with no proper break or meal except for little bites of food. I started having sharp pains in my pelvis on and off so I was like I gotta go home now. When I got home after I went to the bathroom I noticed a tinge of brown on the TP, hoping it’s just from over exertion and that it doesn’t continue. I’m scared and I feel super guilty that I’m not advocating for myself/baby more. I really might need to tell work sooner than later :( 
  • @greyl Tell them. I had spotting at 6 weeks that sent me into a tailspin (all is well now) and weeks 6-8 have quite honestly been the one of the worst times of my life with all day nausea and severe weakness due to anemia + all the damn hormones.

I had to tell one of my bosses because I literally couldn't function. They were understanding and I'm working from home the next couple weeks. I am a type-A, super neurotic person who is always CAREER FIRST. But we have to give ourselves a damn break!! WE ARE CREATING LIFE! 😍❤️
  • @emohay1988 you’re so right! I’m glad all is well now but I’m sorry you’re having a hard time with the nausea and anemia! I’ve been avoiding telling them but I think I’ll have to because I need a reason to be able to take a break when we don’t necessarily have time for them. But I’ll feel guilty if I’m the only one to take a break ya know?i know I need to rest and eat more while working. this is why I really want to Leave and find a new job but I can’t take any sort of big pay cut right now. I’m struggling :( luckily I haven’t seemed to have any more spotting so fx it’s stopped. 
  • So glad to hear the spotting has stopped...sending you so many good vibes and hope you're able to take it easier these next few weeks 🙏
  • @emohay1988 thank you! Hoping there's no more, because now i'm even more nervous for my appointment on monday, I really need some good news!
  • So sorry you’re going through this @greyl it’s so scary especially when we are in this difficult time where we can’t really check for a heartbeat ourselves or wait for baby kicks, etc. I’m feeling extremely anxious the last week waiting for my appointment that’s also on monday. Happy thoughts for both of us!!  <3
  • edited February 2020
    @chasingroygbiv Thank you so much! <3 it definitely is hard to not really know what’s going on in there. Doesn’t help I also had a nightmare last night that wasn’t pleasant. I’m sorry you’ve been so anxious! Fx all of our appointments go well! I’m hoping I can actually have mine. Kind of worried they won’t actually be able to accept my insurance (plan just started today and they couldn’t verify it the other day) and then I’ll have to find another practice and wait. This whole process is frustrating me! 
  • I am thinking the best for all of us. I have some health concerns that make this high risk and I am having a hard time thinking of it as real until I see it again on US tomorrow. 

I also have an appointment tomorrow, Monday. 

I also might have to switch providers, so I feel you, @greyl
  • @clammycolt keeping you in my thoughts for a smooth spot tomorrow! <3 and I hope if you have to switch it’s for the better and not a pain! I’m so nervous: I’m calling first thing in the morning. I really want to be able to get a scan tomorrow!