Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY Friday 1/31- Valentines themed

fitzfizzfitzfizz member
edited January 2020 in Trying to Get Pregnant

@bows22 and I posted WTO at the same time, so I will change this to a GTKY

It is almost February, and I have no ideas, so Valentines day themed!

Any really great or really terrible/hilarious Valentines day stories?

Re: GTKY Friday 1/31- Valentines themed

• Options
    gmta @fitzfizz. I’ll change mine to something 
  • Options
    @bows22 Great minds think alike  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    And now we have no wto 😂
  • Options
    @fitzfizz I’m afraid to make it again for fear I’ll have to think of another new thread 
  • Options
    @bows22 Haha, can you change your other one back to WTO?
  • Options
    @bows22 and @fitzfizz you two have me cracking up!!!  :D

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    We don't normally do much for Valentine's or anniversaries.  I normally cook something fancy for dinner and DH is in charge of dessert.  He is actually amazing in the kitchen, so he normally comes up with something awesome.  

I think it was for our one year datingg anniversary that he brought in two dozen roses for me.  We started dating in high school and I saw him in the hall with this huge trashbag covered thing.  He was so nervous when I asked him what it was.  When I got to my desk, there were these beautiful flowers.  Now he doesn't really do flowers anymore.  
  • Options
    We aren't doing gifts but we will go out to dinner.... that is, if DH makes a reservation hahaha To us, Valentine's day is just another day... we don't want to think of it as the "day of love" because we'd rather show that we love each other throughout the whole year!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    We do a small (thoughtful) gift but don’t spend much money. We don’t go out on the day, but may go out the weekend after or something depending on when it is. Last year we made a yummy pasta dish & dessert together on the day and that was so much fun! We may do the same this year with some different recipes! I remember in high school and even college I was always so sad that I didn’t have a Valentine...I’m so thankful for my Forever Valentine now!! 
  • Options
    I generally was not a fan of valentines day. For a few years in high school and college I had a string of non-romantic bad luck that always seemed to coincide with valentines day. I don't remember it all, but I know the only time I ever broke a bone and the time I got swine flu were both on valentines day. It got to the point that I stopped doing anything on valentines day out of pure superstition, so now we really never plan anything. This year I made plans with my sister without even realizing it was the 14th, so I guess I am taking the risk!
  • Options
    Not Friday but since my app was acting up I’ll play. When we were dating for about 9 months we had our first Valentine’s Day. He invited me over and me made pasta and had wine and got super cute specially mini cheese cakes. He also gave me flowers and bought a four pAck rom com dvd. He chose a walk to remember (solid choice). It was so sweet and simple.  

Since we have gotten married it’s been real lame haha I usually get a card and box of chocolate he picks up on his way home from work haha. I work evenings so I’ll be working this year but I’m hoping maybe we can go out to dinner on Saturday. 
  • Options
    @mvt2003 you and your DH are very similar to me and mine! LoL We are definitely not fancy people. We are doing take out as well since it's a Friday and it's also the day February break starts, so we're going to be exhausted. 
    We usually just do small gifts like candy pr flowers. Last year he got me carnations thinking they were roses. Heehee. Not sure what I am going to do this year, but I need to figure it out soon!