Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Friday 1/31

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 1/31

• Options
    Hopefully this third WTO thread of the day sticks!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, temping, OPKs

R/R: Yay it is Friday! Hopefully a short and non stressful one for everyone. I have no plans this weekend, but I'm thinking I will convince DH to go on a date. Some de-stress time going into FW. 

CS/Q: Still basically all over the place with temps. I'm doing pretty well at remembering to take it at the same time and before getting out of bed, so I guess my body is just wonky. Hopefully OPKs will help me out this month. 

• Options

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: pnv, Preseed and opk (but changed brands and timing of testing and just lots of negatives...so who knows)

R/R:. More house hunting this weekend and hoping to find something closer to my job.  My DH seems to be very invested this cycle and asking lots of questions.  Just think our timing hasn't been great.  As they say, sometimes life just gets in the way.  

@fitzfizz. I hope you guys get a date.  Just nice to spend some time doing fun things.  What are you thinking about doing?  My  DH surprised me for lunch yesterday.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited January 2020
    Lurking from TWW - @bows22 make sure you keep up with drinking water between your adult beverages. That will keep you hydrated so that you don't feel sh*tty in the morning!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options

Month/Cycle: 18/18

CD: Doesn't matter because it's both CD14 and CD2 at the same time. IVF is weird, man.

WAYDTGKU: IVF

R/R: First shot was last night. We were both pretty freaked out at the beginning, but we'll get the hang of it! @kiki047 talked me off the ledge <3 MH is very proud of his injection giving skills now, he told me this morning he thinks he should be a nurse. :D Ok then, buddy. Let's not get too proud of ourselves, H, after all you forgot to sterilize the injection site and also I had to remind you not to let go of the plunger until you remove the needle from my body. :D But yes, overall good job. 

I have a pretty gnarly headache today, hoping lots of water helps with that! 

CS/Q: Nope

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @fitzfizz - Yay for no plans! Those are the best weekends! Hope you have a nice date night!

@dobiemom11 - Ohh house hunting sounds so fun! I look on zillow daily - but we're not planning on moving anytime soon. What are some of your must haves?

@bows22 - Oh bummer! I hope you both are able to enjoy the concert anyways!

Month/Cycle: 18

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: IVF - Biopsy and ERA testing

R/R: My dad is coming over after work today to show DH how to finish the drywall in the laundry room. Saturday we are making a trip to Lowe's to start buying other materials we need and deciding on cabinets and countertops. We are trying to decide if the money we'd save with Ikea cabinets is worth the time we'll have to spend assembling all of them (or pay about $30-$40 more per cabinet for already assembled). Has anyone put together Ikea cabinets themselves? Are the the biggest PIA? I told DH that after the laundry room reno is done, or old crappy looking washer/dryer is going to be such an eyesore haha

CS/Q: None
  • Options
    @mvt2003 - Yayy! Proud of you (and your husband)!! I get headaches from the estrogen the first two weeks or so (like constant doesn't go away), and then it seems like my body adjusts to it and they stop
  • Options
    @mvt2003. That is pretty cute of YH.  I am sure it will get better!  I am so terrified of needles that I had to leave the room when my DH was giving himself injections.  I am supporting you from the next room!

@feather_heather. We are really interested in an updated kitchen and master bath.  My DH wants a basement where he can create a media room, but that isn't technically a must-have.  My parents keep thinking the houses we are looking at are too big, but they don't know about the TTC.  We keep looking at new homes, but falling in love with homes from the 60s.   

@feather_heather. We haven't done cabinets, but have put together some IKEA furniture.  It can be a "marriage strengthening" event.  We bought like 5  pieces when we got married. There is this one piece that we put mostly together and just kept moving the other pieces with us from house to house.  Finally I threw them out with the last move.  But if you want to go that route, here is some tips: Read the direction and don't accidentally skip steps (missed a page which led to some confusion).  Make sure you know the orientation of the pieces (we have one piece where the particle board is on the outside, since we installed it backwards).  If it is something simple, like bookcases, I would do it myself; but anything much more complicated- it might be worth having someone else do.  Or maybe you can buy one and see how much of a pain it is before doing a whole bunch.  Not sure your timeframe and how far Ikea is from your house.  
  • Options
    @mvt2003 I love that YH is so proud!

@feather_heather if you like how they look equally to whatever other ones you are looking at, Id go for the ikea ones. I’m sure you guys can handle it!
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 10

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: temping, charting, OPKs

R/R: AF started shortly after I got to work yesterday, earlier than predicted so that was fun 🙄 I managed to hold it together until the drive home. Ugh. I tried so hard not to get my hopes up for this month but after finally getting a peak on the OPK and knowing our timing was perfect I failed. Here we go again... 

CS/Q: not yet

• Options
    @dobiemom11 Good luck with house hunting! I thought it was so much fun, but I hate the moving part, so I don't want to do it again anytime soon.

@bows22 Haha no, he is easy to convince, I just had to offer pizza :)

@mvt2003 That is exciting about starting injectables! And funny about YH thinking he is a master already. I hope it all goes well!

@feather_heather I have never used Ikea cabinets, and honestly most Ikea stuff I have had is fine, but I had a friend install Ikea cabinets and always complained about them FWIW

@keeponknittingon So sorry about CD1, I'm sure work was tough. Hopefully you can relax this weekend with your preferred adult beverage. 
  • Options
    @keeponknittingon I’m so sorry for AF coming. I know exactly how u feel this month. I finally got a peak too after my MC and had perfect timing and everything and I failed as well :( I felt so disappointed. Take it easy this weekend and relax. Have some drinks..