Group 3 (July 17-24) Check-in W/o 1/27

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you?

Re: Group 3 (July 17-24) Check-in W/o 1/27

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/19, 15+1 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Magic 8-ball/baby's legs are now as long as or longer than their arms!

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan later in Feb

How are you feeling? Good? Energy is good, food stuff/stomach is good. I'm feeling a little insecure in my body right now, and I'm worried about the impact of weight on pregnancy. I talked a little about it with my doctor two weeks back, and I know the tenets of healthy lifestyle (diet/exercise), I just haven't been on the good exercise train lately. Ever since my energy has been back, work has been crazy insane and I haven't had the time! Ugh.

Raves/Rants: Mostly the above. Definitely have a bump coming in which I'm excited about, but otherwise I just feel big, which I don't like and am a little worried about. I'm sure most of this is just work stress talking and I'll feel better when things calm down in a few days.

Questions: none right now!

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you? My whole life is embarrassing/funny things! Here's a good one. I was in college when I had sex for the first time, and I woke up the next day knowing that I had a UTI. I had never had one before but it was just obvious. So, I go to the health center to get checked out and I have the world's oldest practicing nurse attending to me. It's already kind of weird to go there with sex-related things, because it's a Catholic college (no free rubbers there), but add it being my first time and this truly ancient nurse and I was ready to die. Then during the check up she asks me, "Will you be sexually active?" not "are you," "will you be." I was like gosh I don't know, if you tell me I can't be for a few days I can not. I went 19 years abstaining until yesterday so I don't know you tell me! Anyway she prescribed me an antibiotic and I went on my way, but not before wanting to melt into the floor first lol.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:July 22/ 14+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: found out via SneakPeak, but we aren’t sharing until our anatomy scan confirms the gender! It’s pretty fun to have a secret.

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Donut! I have been eating so many donuts that today I think this is hilarious and celebrated by eating a donut for breakfast.

Upcoming appointments: 16 week appointment next week, and anatomy scan in 5 weeks or so!

How are you feeling? Pretty big. I can see my belly growing every day. I’m also having some cramping that comes and goes - like my uterus is stretching out I think. Otherwise I feel pretty good.

Raves/Rants: I drove all the way to Denver for a Boston Cream donut and called around until someone said they had them - and then it turns out the donut was Bavarian Cream. NOT THE SAME. That was a 6 hour drive one way, mostly for a craving, that didn’t even get fulfilled. The worst part is that my non-pregnant self hates boston cream donuts so idk why I even want one.

Questions: Is it normal for me to have gained 10 pounds already? I know it’s about 1 lb per week or whatever, but at that rate I’ll gain close to 40 pounds... should I slow down on the donuts? Should I even be worried?

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you? When I first started dating DH, I was fresh off a breakup. We had sex after one of our first dates, and I was trying to be kinky and asked him if he had ever had sex with a girl in heels. Halfway through the deed, I started feeling pretty emotional and started crying - sobbing actually. Obviously he stopped, and I took my heels off and spent the night on his couch. Somehow he wanted to continue dating me, and we ended up married having a baby?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @angemtn some people just gain more. If you're worried, I'd ask your doctor and just try to make sure you're being cognoscente of what you're eating each day. Don't try to restrict calorie intake a ton.... but just make sure you're eating a reasonable number... if that makes sense.

Also, your embarrassing story makes me cringe :D 
  • Options
    @blaf322 Thanks for that. I’m mostly just concearned that I’m eating too much junk food. I haven’t restricted anything so far 😂 but I normally eat a very health conscious diet - mostly vegetables, with a little fruit and a rare treat. Since I’ve been pregnant I have given in to most cravings - fried food, candy, ice cream, etc. I’ve still been eating plenty of nutritious veggies and fruit, but it was so hard during the first trimester when I was so tired and nauseous and all I wanted was french fries and gummy candy. I’ll talk to my doctor about this when I go in, but when I asked him before he seemed confident that I am generally healthy enough to regulate my weight gain without much guidance. I think I’m going to just make a better effort to eat less donuts and more veggies and let my body work out the rest.

And DH and I still laugh about that...
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/19 - 15+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out March 3rd!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: today it said that it's as tall as a newborn baby bottle

Upcoming appointments: March 3rd, full anatomy scan. I just had one this past Monday for a quick check-in. Listened to the heartbeat - 158bpm

How are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty decent... still dealing with dull headaches every once in a while. The only thing that provides 'temporary' relief is if I take a very hot towel, lean over the sink, and press into my eyes. Can't do that all day though. I currently have a little bump, however, it literally just looks like I've eaten too much. Can't wait for the stage where I don't just look severely bloated.

Raves/Rants: My MIL loves to paint rooms, and has pretty much painted our entire house already - so she is going to be painting our nursery next week!  :)

Questions: None atm.  

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you? This one is kind of a hard one, but one memory that comes to mind - About 10 years ago I had just gotten out of a terrible relationship, starting seeing another guy and the first time we had sex I GOT MY PERIOD.... he handled it very well... but it was still just a nightmare and totally embarrassing.
  • Options
    I love that all of our embarrassing stories are sex related lol 😂
  • Options
    @angemtn WAIT, did I read that right - you drove 12 hours round trip this week to get a donut? I have so many questions. I think you win for most intense craving of all time, and I'm sorry you weren't able to get the right one!!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 15 weeks 4 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Team Blue!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact:  A box of crayons (8 count)  I like that this is visually something we have in our house and also my kids can conceptually understand.  They still dont quite get the idea that a person that can fit in your hand is too small and not good but at least they can mentally picture the size.  

Upcoming appointments:  Next two are in Feb.  One is just a regular 4 week check up and the other is my anatomy scan!

How are you feeling? Exhausted.  I cant make it through the day without a small nap at least.  Also hungry and slightly cranky and moody always.  I feel Im getting sick again too which I hate.

Raves/Rants: Feels like there is something stuck in the back of my throat and I cant stand it.  It makes it hard to swallow sometimes and just feels terrible.

Questions: None

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you?  I really cant think of any which isnt to say I dont have any but its like when someone asks you something on the spot and you cant answer something basic.  My mind is blanking out now so Ill try to come back to this when something strikes me.  
  • Options
    @Pascal86 I did make DH drive me 12 hours round trip for a donut. Also a ruben sandwich, and some maternity clothes. But mostly it was a craving run. 🤣 We decided we will do this at least one or 2 more times while I’m pregnant - because now I’m over the donut thing (even though it wasn’t very good)!
  • Options
    @angemtn omg... your H is a SAINT. My H would have told me to go fly a kite :D In his defense, I'd have done the same if I was put in that position lol
  • Options
    @angemtn that’s amazing! And I’ve also had a lot of cravings where I’m sooo desperate for something, and immediately after having it, I’m like, now I never want to eat that again. One time I HAD to have mochi ice cream so my husband got me some - but then the next week brought home a giant thing of it from Costco. I was like, “what are you doing, I never want mochi again!” He was so confused and had to eat a lot of mochi ice cream himself. 

You and your husband must have a good time on road trips too - that would not be something for us to look forward to! 😂
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/17 15 + 6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: baby can sense light! 

Upcoming appointments: 2/5 routine appt

How are you feeling? I’m with you @mehugg ...not feeling good about myself right now. I know I’m supposed to gain weight but I keep feeling like all the weight I’ve gained is due to bad food choices (blessed to not have been sick but I’ve been eating EVERYTHING instead) and maybe like 5% baby since she’s still so tiny 

Raves/Rants: i’m in NYC with DH and we came from Denver / Breckenridge last night (family vacation part of our trip). I haven’t slept well since Saturday so I’m struggling but we’re having a good time. I’m feeling very down on myself about diet and exercise but am trying to chill out about it and remind myself I’ll get back in a routine next week. Idk if it’s because I am a former athlete or what but the weight gain has been really hard for me. DH says I look sexy and I just roll my eyes...really kills the mood. 

Questions: will I ever relax? I was having random abd pains while in Breckenridge and convinced myself something will be wrong next week at my appt (as in, they won’t find a HB. What is wrong with me???) 

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you? I feel like I’m always embarrassed lol. But @mehugg your story reminded me of a super embarrassing moment- after my first time (which was super embarrassing in itself...the guy didn’t have condoms so he was running up and down the dorm hallways trying to find one. Romantic) in college, I did NOT stop bleeding for like...a week. Finally I awkwardly told my mom and asked her what I should do (she’s a nurse). I went to the health center on campus and cringed every time I had to explain why I was there, and it turned out I had some sort of bacterial infection. Lovely. To top it all off, the next time my mom came to visit, she brought me spermicide and was trying to tell me how to use it. Barf. 
  • Options
    @enchantindragon remind me how many kiddos you have? It must be both exciting and nerve-wracking to add more to the family dynamic. I'm out here just stressing about my pets lol

@b_1029 welcome back friend! I was wondering where you were. Have fun in NYC! I think it's totally understandable that you're nervous about things, especially given your journey to get here. I just keep telling myself that my body is meant to do this and it wants to be and stay pregnant and deliver a healthy baby. Not sure if you've done this before but I recently started up with therapy -I have an anxiety disorder and feel like I'm a prime candidate for post-partum issues and I picked a therapist who specializes in pregnancy and post partum work. It's been helpful for many of my pregnancy nerves and also my bigger questions about my identity as a mother and navigating this transition. I'd recommend looking into it if you haven't before. Next week I plan on talking about the weight gain stuff, I'll report back if I discover anything helpful. Hugs to you in the meantime! 
  • Options
    @blaf322 @Pascal86 Yes DH is a good one. I’m thankful every day. But we live in a very rural and somewhat isolated town in Wyoming, so getting out of town in the winter is a must - you go stir crazy seeing the same few people for 6 snowy months. We also do love road trips. We traveled in a van together for the first half of 2019, and loved it!
    And the mochi thing: the same thing happened to me the whole first trimester!!! I couldn’t eat the same thing twice, and now I have a freezer full of slush pops and ice cream flavors I’ll never eat again 🤣 but now I have a craving for mochi!!!
  • Options
    angemtnangemtn member
    edited January 2020
    @b_1029 I can completely relate to your weight gain insecurities. I feel the same way. I keep telling myself it’s for the baby, and I’ll be able to get my fitness back after baby is born. I react the same way to my husband’s compliments. I’ve been trying some body positive and pregnancy meditations to help cope with the physical changes. It has been helpful, but the insecurity is still there. Just know you are not alone in feeling that way, and I think it’s actually pretty normal. I also try to love the fact that my body is making life, and this is just part of that process. And now that I’m not super nauseous anymore, I am starting to incorporate more greens and healthy meals and workouts. It’s all worth it for this little baby!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 15+4 EDD July 19

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: size of an apple! 

Upcoming appointments: Had an OB appointment today and then Tuesday I go for lab work and an early diabetes screen 

How are you feeling? Feeling ok, trying to remember to drink so I don’t always feel so crampy

Raves/Rants: minor rant, my OB has an office about a mile away from my house that she’s at twice a week and then the main office is about twenty minutes away. We got told today they’re moving out of their small office next month. So now it’ll be more inconvenient to drive further for these quick appointments

Questions: anyone having a repeat c-section? If so do you already have a date? I feel like people usually get the dates early but my doctor just keeps saying either 37 or 38 weeks without setting a day

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you? Hmm I feel like I always have embarrassing things happen. Just today though I was on the phone for work and completely forgot the clients name and said the wrong one. Felt like an idiot
  • Options
    @mehugg I have 3 kids, 9,6, and 4.  And I totally get the pet thing as I stressed every time I brought a new one in the the family ( I have 5, 3 cats and 2 dogs and 4 of them pre date my kids)  I am more stressed about another living kid though I admit.