September 2020 Moms

Symptoms Thread (End Jan/Feb)

Re: Symptoms Thread (End Jan/Feb)

• I had a dizzy spell yesterday that lasted for hours. Not a big deal because it was nighttime so I just lay down and waited for it to pass, but the room was spinning like crazy and I was worried that I'd still be dizzy when I got up this morning. Thankfully it had passed, but there's no way I could have driven to work like that.
  • @mflowers929 I'm sorry your nausea is getting so bad. Have you tried ginger- tea, candies, ginger ale? It helps me some to settle my stomach before I eat. Also, I have been trying to eat small snacks before I get too hungry to try to get ahead of the nausea. 

@ssbl I usually get dizzy spells/lightheaded first thing in the morning. It's from low blood pressure from hunger. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @macheno unfortunately nothing seems to really help. I did have an okay day today and managed to get a good supper into me at least 🤷
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 glad you got a good supper in. Celebrate the small victories.  I almost threw up in my supervisors trash can so it’s been a rough day.  None of the stuff seems to work for me either  although I do get a little relief if I’m eating. 
  • Sore boobs, lots of stomach issues (nausea, gas etc), fatigue. All just in the past few days. Before that just sore boobs. I don't remember being this uncomfortable with DS!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I am SO thirsty today, and I'm eating pickles like they're going out of fashion lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I wish I could get myself thirsty. I’m trying to at least sip on something all day to avoid dehydration, but I truly have zero interest in any beverages right now. Ugh! 
  • @chasingroygbiv same for me, I've been sleeping so much and when I'm awake I feel so blah, so my liquid intake has taken a serious hit lately.  Yesterday I was in so much pain (possible UTI) from dehydration tho so now I'm trying to drink everything I can get my hands on.  So hard when you just don't feel like it. 
  • Same for me on not wanting to drink a lot. I barely had any liquid yesterday and I felt terrible. Going to try to be better today.
  • I've been feeling SO run down.  I want to crawl under my desk and nap!  Part of it may be because I got a flu shot yesterday (I know I'm late but flu season is late and long here!). Had a very, very low fever yesterday afternoon and took TWO naps (I WFH some days).  

But then some days I feel absolutely fine and great, and of course I worry that something is wrong! Tuesday I was up and walking and happy and chipper the whole day, and by the end of the day I was panicked that something was wrong!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Yeah the thought of drinking anything just makes me more sick to my stomach— water included. I feel like everything tastes weird.

Has anyone found any miracle headache remedies? Tylenol isn’t doing a thing. I’m so miserable with them.  :(
  • My doctor recommended excedrin tension headache and taking magnesium. Seems to be helping a bit so far! Good luck with your headaches. They are the worst :(
  • I feel like the water gives me more trouble than anything else. So silly to have heartburn from a glass of water.
  • Whaaat the heck?? I'm laying here in bed and I just smelled and tasted horseradish. It felt like I took a big spoonful of it.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @beaandthebabes The heartburn is the worst! I had it through most of my 2nd and 3rd trimesters. It made it so hard to sleep. Water feels soothing going down, but no it won't do much to really neutralize the stomach acid because it's just water. Something like milk could give you more of a temporary fix- if you can stomach it. I lived on mint flavored times- the cooling effect really helped.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • such a struggle! I'm so thirsty and I've been doing pretty good with my water intake, but it's killing my stomach and making the heartburn/nausea so much worse... like why??????? :( lol.
  • I had sleep paralysis TWICE last night. Ive never experienced sleep paralysis before. It was so scary! I remembered waking up and feeling like there was someone in my room pushing me down and I couldn’t move or say words, only make a noise. I remember trying to wake H up but he didn’t. Then it happened again shortly after. I was so freaked out when I became fully awake because I still felt like someone was trying to get in the house or was already in it. I googled it and it’s crazy how common It is and how similar the lore around the world is!!
  • @greyl So, scary! I get sleep paralysis quite frequently. It usually happens to me if I've woken up in the middle of the night and been awake for a while. When I finally get sleepy again, I start to go in and out of lucid dreams- they're usually scary- and when I try to wake myself out of it I'm paralyzed. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno omg that’s scary that it happens frequently!! It was definitely a weird experience. I’ve heard about sleep paralysis before which is why I wasn’t completely freaked out but it was still unnerving!! 
  • Anyone who is having trouble with water, try lemonade. It's not as good for you as water but it gets you some hydration at least
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Shew my headaches are off the charts recently ! Trying to power through without taking medicine for them. I didn’t experience this with my first that I can remember.
  • I was feeling pretty good for most of yesterday. Low amount of nausea and aversions. I was hoping it was the beginning of the light at the end of tunnel, but alas I felt like garbage again today.

@robinj716 Same! I keep waking up wifh headaches. I just keep trying to stay hydrated as possible. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Headache friends: Today my doctor recommended Reglan + 2 extra strength Tylenol. I picked up the script for Reglan and as much as I hate taking meds during pregnancy, I will be trying this the next time I get a horrible headache. 
  • Got super dizzy, almost fall down dizzy, tonight. I do have a tendency towards inner ear issues so I'm not sure if it was that or the pregnancy
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I've graduated from getting up to pee once in the night to twice! 😅
  • I still feel like I'm getting a cold, and I coughed a little bit this morning which of course instantly made me yak up my entire breakfast. There's nothing like spending time in front of the toilet at 730am. This is all so different than my 1st pregnancy. I had food aversions for a few weeks, but never this constant nausea/hunger. 

@mflowers929 I got super dizzy in the shower the other day. It made me nervous. I told DH I'm going to have to get one of those old lady seats for the shower, haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mflowers929 I deal with that regularly in all of my pregnancies unfortunately. It’s usually the first give away that I’m pregnant, actually! Definitely run it by your doctor, with my first the doctor said it was due to the extra blood flow, etc., as it turns out, my blood sugar runs low during pregnancy. 
  • @chasingroygbiv I definitely will!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @beaandthebabes lol my DD who is 2 as well saw me dry heaving and she put her face up to mine and said feel better and then left and came back with a dime she found somewhere and smiled so big that I’m sure she thought that would make me feel better. Makes sense to them I guess 🤷‍♀️
  • Anyone dealing with round ligament pain much? The last couple days it catches me in my tracks. 
  • I got this horrible epigastric pain yesterday, so bad I had to lay on the ground. Then I broke out in a cold sweat. Then I threw up. The pain lasted another 5 minutes and then went away. 

I don’t have a sensitive stomach and I can’t remember the last time I vomited, is this just par for the course? 
  • @notagoodpatient that's how mine is about half the time. The other half I basically have no warning
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @notagoodpatient I'm living the digestive pain life too.  Mine doesn't sound like yours, but I understand the struggle.

I've had stomach issues before that resulted in a week off work because no matter what I did I had stomach pain.  Starts up about 45 minutes after I eat and doesn't go away for about an hour.  It's especially tough now because I'm trying to eat more smaller meals to combat nausea, but this happens after I eat so it makes me want to reduce the number of times I'm eating.  The struggle is real. I was put on a prescription antacid and it went away after a few weeks, and since then whenever I start to feel it coming back I'll take them for a few days and it'll go away.  I'm going back to the doc next Wednesday and I'll find out if there's a pregnancy safe option since I've had this in the past.
  • @notagoodpatient Wow, sounds painful! Could it be gallstones? I had really bad heartburn with my 1st that would wake me in the night. It was like I was choking on my own throw up.

@chasingroygbiv I've had a lot of RLP this time. Especially in the morning when I first stand up. Ive been trying to drink lots of water to help any cramping.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My nausea is picking up, seems to be towards the evening when it’s the worst. No vomiting yet; hopefully never! 
  • @mflowers929 sorry you can relate :( I saw yours post about weight loss too, I hope you can find some relief. 

@hp242 I’ve had GERD in the past, I wonder if That’s contributing. The cold sweats part really freaked me out. 

@macheno I thought gallstones at first, but the pain was in the wrong place and it wasn’t after eating something fatty. 
  • @chasingroygbiv I got pain today because I was overexerting at work while we were screwed. But I stopped when I started feeling it and it went away. Or if I move a weird way I’ll feel something. It’s usually not random for me yet. 
  • i know there are several of us struggling with nausea and vomiting.  I am struggling hard right now and am really worried that I'm not eating or drinking enough.  :/  I also have some weird crud and am coughing a ton which has led to an increase in vomiting for me.  I remember it being rough when I was pregnant with my DD but this feels so much worse.  
  • This cold is getting on my nerves! It went from sore throat only, to bad cough, to no voice, to constant running nose. My nose was so stuffed last night I could barely eat dinner. Luckily the nausea waned a bit today for the 1st time. 

@angbaby83 Ugh, I feel you. The nausea has made it really tough to eat much. With my 1st, I gained weight, and by the end of the 1st trimester I was back to my pre pregnancy weight. I remember I mentioned all the aversions to my OB, and he said just eat what you can and what your body will accept. If it's all carbs, If it's more meat, if it's fruits and veggies, just eat it. Obviously, if your losing significant amount of weight, then talk to your OB, but this is also why we are taking prenatal vitamins. They're not a catch-all, but they should be helping with nutrients currently missing from your diet. 

For me, I drink a lot of smoothies- plain or vanilla greek yogurt, frozen fruit, some spinach, and pasteurized green juice. The cold helps with the nausea, and I feel like I'm at least getting some better nutrition than all the carbs I'm eating.
    BabyFruit Ticker