September 2020 Moms

GTKY 01/29

The board has been slow, so lets do a GTKY! 

1. Where are you from?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. Are you an extrovert or introvert?
4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet?
Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

Re: GTKY 01/29

• 1. Where are you from? Southern California
    2. What is your favorite food? Sushi with tacos being a close second
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? Introvert
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? No. Dh is dying to announce to family and the world. I want to wait till at least after our first ultrasound but that's not till 02/24. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• 1. Where are you from? New Brunswick, Canada. One of the forgotten provinces on the East Coast 🙄

2. What is your favorite food? I don't really have a favorite? I suppose if I had to choose something to eat it would likely be pizza or sushi.

3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? I am an extroverted introvert. I want to be social until I'm done, and then I'm really done.

4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? Not to the greater public. So far just our medical team, my best friend (and her hubby), another close friend, and 2 coworkers know. 
    We'll let our local friends know in the next couple of weeks, hubby's family when we see them next month, and we're contemplating keeping it from my parents until the next time we see them in June. Not sure if that's going to happen
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Where are you from? So Cal. Born and raised
    2. What is your favorite food? Tacos!
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? Extrovert!
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? Nope, we will announce with the sex at the end of February. 
  • 1. Where are you from? I'm going to go with Texas. Been here the longest. 
    2. What is your favorite food? I have too many to name and it depends on the day (Spinach and artichoke dip, oysters, pizza, meatloaf, mash potatoes, pate, really good fried chicken, etc.)
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? Extroverted Introvert
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? No, just my immediate family, 3 really close friends who knew all about my journey from the beginning. We won't tell the rest of the family until after the first trimester and maybe not until amniocentesis (not sure which).   
  • 1. Where are you from? Michigan
    2. What is your favorite food? Pizza
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? A loud friendly introvert
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? Not publicly. My parents and a few close friends know. Only the people I wouldn’t be able to hide from and would need support from if something happened. Everyone else will be told after our ultrasound. I am excited to tell my sons. I think DS1 (4yo) will be really excited.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Where are you from? I say that I'm from Memphis, TN because that is where I spent the majority of my adolescence age 9-18, but I've moved around a bunch in my life. I was born in Cincinnati, then my family moved to Chicago suburbs, then Henley-on-Thames England, then Scottsdale, then Memphis. Lived in Savannah for college. NYC for the last 11.5yrs, and here I am in Pittsburgh since December 2019.
    2. What is your favorite food? Super hard to pick just one thing because even when I'm not pregnant I eat based on cravings which is so bad. I love sushi, tacos, burgers, a good steak dinner, fresh made pasta, Indian, Lebanese, chinese.
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? introverted extrovert
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? Only DH and my previous BMB. I can't believe in a little over 2 weeks we're going to tell our families.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Where are you from? MN

2. What is your favorite food? I love pasta!

3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? Depends. A few years ago I would’ve said extrovert all the way around, but over the years I’ve become more of an introvert. In some ways it makes me sad realizing how much I’ve changed.

4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet?
    No. **tw** With our first two we announced after our first ultrasounds around 9-10 weeks. With our last baby due to RPL we waited until 19 weeks (my mom, our kids, everyone included). I would like to wait until our anatomy scan again, but honestly I’m pretty sick and useless this go around and I’m already getting a touch round so I can’t imagine I’ll be able to hide it much past 13 weeks or so. We will see what the days bring... 
  • 1. Where are you from? Philadelphia
    2. What is your favorite food? Pasta
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? Extrovert who’s a homebody lol
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? No, we plan to announce to our parents this weekend 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @chasingroygbiv I am massively impressed you were able to hide the pregnancy until 19 weeks! 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Louise_Belcher I honestly am still not sure how I was so successful! I show fairly early on, I’m not even 5 feet tall, baby has no where to go! I did pre-school drop off and pick up every day, went to sports, etc etc. I didn’t really wear anything terribly fitted, but I also didn’t where crazy baggy clothes. Or maybe some knew and just didn’t ask or say. Ha! 
  • 1. Where are you from? Born and raised in Iowa but living in Colorado now.
    2. What is your favorite food? so tough I love food but I would say mexican food (tacos!) or seafood.  My husband hates seafood so I don't get it much.   :(
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? Definitely an introvert.  I like being social and around people but it definitely sucks my energy and I need alone time to recharge
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? nope.  My mom is the only one that knows.  I want to wait until 12 weeks because of my loss history but I have been feeling so miserable that I am sure people are suspecting and I am so tired of either pretending everything is wonderful or finding excuses for what is wrong with me.  I probably won't make a formal announcement but will start telling people after my appointment on 2/3. 
  • @angbaby83 My husband is from Iowa- Cedar Falls area. His parents live in Des Moines area now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Where are you from? Florida
    2. What is your favorite food? Pub sub or pad thai
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? Complete introvert
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? Just my mom and one close friend. I don't have a plan this time around.
  • 1. Where are you from? Originally from CA, but living in PA currently

2. What is your favorite food? I LOVE food. Maybe cheese? I’ve been on a low carb-ish diet for a number of years, so now when I dream of food (or have pregnancy cravings) they tend to be for fries/cake etc. 

3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? Introvert for sure. 

4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? Not really. My parents know, because with my past losses they were sad I didn’t tell them earlier so they could be a support system (especially since MH travels so much). I also told a good friend who happens to be an OBGYN and a supervisor at work (because I was having trouble getting excused for my early ultrasounds).  More people than I intended, but 🤷🏼‍♀️  
  • 1. Where are you from?  Ontario

2. What is your favorite food?  I've been really into Freshii bowls for the past few years.  Specifically the Teryaki Twist bowl with chicken.

3. Are you an extrovert or introvert?  Extrovert

4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet?  Not really.  I was scheduled to have a body composition scan a few days after I found out for a nutrition challenge at my gym, so I told the owner because it recommends pregnant women not have them, and they asked if I'd be okay with letting the coaches know - they waited a few weeks, but know now.  I'm also expecting my gym friends to figure it out quickly, there's only so long I can pretend to have an injured ankle to get out of skipping.  And I told my oldest group of friends when we had a lunch scheduled by chance last weekend.  Other than that we're waiting.  DH is going on a boys trip next week with a bunch of guys we went to University with, so we'll see how well he keeps it to himself.

@mflowers929 New Brunswick isn't forgotten!  One of my roommates from university if from there and moved back after school!
  • 1. Where are you from? Born in NJ currently in SC
    2. What is your favorite food? tacos, sushi, anything rice related
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? introvert except when I’m drinking lol
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? No, only a coworker knows. Actually H might have told some of his friends (we were planning a trip together but can’t go now since it’s Japan early July) we have our appt on monday so will probably tell families after that. I’m only planning on telling my mom, one of my brothers, and my sister. And H’s close family and they can spread the news if they want. 
  • 1. Where are you from? I grew up all over but now I'm planted in Florida
    2. What is your favorite food? cheese and all things cheese related; it's pretty ridiculous actually. My last pregnancy I couldn't stop eating brie. 
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? introvert
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? I have a hard time keeping secrets so it keeps slipping out. My boss and most of my coworkers don't know and I haven't told my grandma yet. But our friends and my husbands entire family knows. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • 1. Where are you from? Nebraska
    2. What is your favorite food? Basmati Rice, Tacos, Buttered Chicken
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? Definitely an introvert. I like people but I get really drained and need my quiet time. I think being a SAHM has made me even more of an introvert. 
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? Nope. Only DH and I know about it thus far. We'll probably tell our immediate families after our appointment next week and wait until mid March to tell everyone else. 
  • @raesky1111 OMG pho!! You just kicked off my next cravingggg...
  • 1. Where are you from? NJ
    2. What is your favorite food? cheese
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? extroverted introvert
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? Many of our friends, family, and coworkers know. They have followed our infertility journey and for both safety and work schedule purposes, we decided to be pretty open about what’s going on. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • 1. Ohio. Born, raised, and currently residing. (such is the case for most around here)
    2. Sushi. I'm loving the kindred spirits here with all the sushi love
    3. I'm gonna say introverted extrovert. I always test as an extrovert because I hate being by myself and get NOTHING done without a physical being in the room with me, but I think I have more introverted tendencies
    4. I sort of have. Not on social media, (except in my close friend groups) but friends and family that I encounter IRL. I'm still early so I know there's a risk to that, but this news has sort of uprooted my life a bit and that much is hard to hide
    Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020
  • 1. Where are you from? The mid-south 
    2. What is your favorite food? Peaches fresh from a road side stand! I’m not anti-big grocery store but there are certain types of produce that just aren’t as good if they have to be shipped hundreds of miles to get to my cart. 
    3. Are you an extrovert or introvert? Extrovert but there are times where I’d rather be a part of the group than the leader of the group. 
    4. Have you announced your pregnancy yet? No. My family can’t keep secrets and if they know, folks at my work will know. And I’m very carefully planning out how I will be telling my work bunch since I’m the first woman they’ve had on the team in my roll. 
  • @corngirl are you from Tennessee? I grew up in Memphis, and that's the only place I've ever heard called the "mid-south"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @NYTino24 cheese is life!!!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @corngirl Farm stand peaches are the best.
  • @macheno yup, but funnily enough, I grew up in Amish country PA...