Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 1/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Wednesday 1/29

• I set FF to calculate my O date based on my OPKs rather than temp spike since my temps have been all over the place this month, so I go here now.

Month/Cycle: 9/7/1 AL

CD/DPO: 18/3DPO

Timing: -1 (x2 hehe)

Typical LP length: 16 days

Testing: Nah, trying to hold out till 10DPO

R/R: I took everyone's advice yesterday and took the shuttle home while they serviced my brakes. Which is a good thing, because it took them nearly four hours. I knew it would take a while given how busy they were when I got there. MH brought me to pick up my car once it was finished, and he had to park along the curb outside the garage since the parking lot was still full (30 minutes before closing). I think part of the reason is because it's winter and also close to the end of the month so people are rushing to get their state inspections done. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I schedule service on my car.

CS/Q: Nah
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 15/1

Timing: -5, -3, 0, and hopefully 1 

Typical LP length: 🤷‍♀️

Testing: holding out to 10-12 DPO

R/R: rave - MH and I had a really good chat last night and I am seeing my therapist today so it is nice timing to decompress my thoughts. Y'all marriage and mental health are so much harder than I thought they would be. Rant - I am struggling with spoilers on here recently! 

CS/Q: does anyone else feel like sex on O day or the day after is more painful? Biologically this seems counter intuitive but I had to keep MH in check yesterday and today I am all crampy so I think it will be the same today. 

@ttcbabyodo glad you got to go home for those four hours! It is so weird to me that people need to do inspections on their vehicles for the state. We don't have that here (MN) or in WI (where I'm from). You just mail in your registration and they send you new stickers for the next year. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • @ttcbabyodo That's crazy!!! I'm glad you didn't just wait it out there, that is too long!

@krash_ hmmmm I haven't noticed sex being more painful, but I feel like it makes sense that it could. Maybe it's the position?

Month/Cycle: 16/14/4 (AL #2)

CD/DPO: 20/5 dpiui

Timing: -5, -3, IUI +PM --- so as good as it can get with an IUI cycle!

Typical LP length: Doesn't matter thanks to progesterone

Testing: Beta on 2/7

R/R: Is it time to go home yet?! haha According to my fitbit I woke up 4 times last night, for a total awake time of an hour and a half... and was restless 24 times. No wonder I'm already ready for bed!

7-11 was out of the hazelnut coffee that I usually top my decaf off with so I decided to try the blueberry one... I can't tell how I feel about it. 

CS/Q: Anyone else start feeling themselves up around this time in their cycle to see if their boobs hurt yet?? No? Just me? haha
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 21/5

Timing: -4, -2, -1

Typical LP length: Unsure

Testing: Trying to WFAF

R/R: Rant: It is only Wednesday  :s  this week has been dragging for me!

CS/Q: None!

@ttcbabyodo In Atlanta, GA we had to get the emissions/inspections done each year on our vehicles and I just assumed that was how it was everywhere. When I moved here to West TN and registration time came I was so surprised I didn't have to do it! 

@krash_ So glad you and YH had a good chat and for seeing your therapist today! And yes!! I've been on BCP's for forever, so I wasn't ovulating, but this cycle (first one after BCP's) I totally noticed that! Especially on -1. It wasn't super painful for anything but a little uncomfortable for sure. I think maybe it has to do with the positioning of the cervix around O?

@kpearse99 My sleep records from my smart watch are like that too. I guess that is why I am pretty much always tired! It is crazy to see and I find it super interesting that something on my wrist is able to tell me so much. Also, I wasn't checking for soreness but I sure am now that you mentioned it  :D   :D  lol!
  • LOL @kpearse99 I totally do that! I'm not even close to the time where I'll be feeling symptoms, but TTCAL brain gets to me because I know what the early signs for myself were the last time I was KU. The first thing I noticed (and didn't even realize it was an early sign of pregnancy) for me was excessive drooling. I've never drooled in my sleep, but I did for the week leading up to my BFP. Then I started to piece together other symptoms, like full/heavy boobs when I went running that week, as well as super congested nose. I didn't get the other typical signs/symptoms (nausea, frequent urination, fatigue) until much further along.

• @krash_ yes! I think O is today but last night it felt *tmi* like my cervix was being beaten to a pulp by DH. 
  • @bserena this week is dragging for me too!!

@ttcbabyodo I totally am the same way with referring back to how I felt with my last 2 pregnancies, before the losses. 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Month/Cycle: 21/15/5 (AL #2)

CD/DPO: 20/2 or 3

Timing: Really good! 

Typical LP length: 14-16 days

Testing: Probably about 15DPO to stop progesterone if it’s a negative. 

R/R: It’s Hump Day!! Work has been super busy this morning, and man did I have a lot to catch up on here!! I’m so happy to move over to the TWW with all you lovely ladies!! Fingers crossed that we all get to move on to October!! 

CS/Q: I got CH’s this morning, but I think O may have been Monday instead of Sunday. Trying to decide when to start progesterone. 

@ttcbabyodo yay (possible) DPO buddy! I’m glad you went home yesterday so you didn’t have to stay at the car place for 4 hours!! That’s interesting they require state inspections! 
    @krash_ I’m so glad you and YH were able to talk and you feel better about things! I haven’t really noticed sex being painful around O. 
    @kpearse99 I finally get to join you over here, cycle buddy!! ☺️ That stinks you didn’t sleep great! Sometimes my FitBit tells me I have way more awake time than I think I should! Last night our little dog was barking at 2:30...we both had a fair amount of awake time after that! So frustrating...but luckily, she doesn’t do that often! Are you still waking up halfway down your bed? Bummer on the no hazelnut coffee...I really like blueberry, but I’m not sure how I’d feel about blueberry coffee either!
    @kpearse99 @ttcbabyodo +1 for feeling myself up to see if they are sore...but that starts for me very soon after O regardless! It was much more intense during my brief successes before the 2 losses though! Fingers crossed we all get super sore boobs this cycle...because that’s not weird to wish, right?! 
    @bserena sorry the week is going so flow for you! I hope the last half flies by!! 
  • @kpearse99 & @bluetickgal this is us right now

• @ttcbabyodo 100% accurate!!!  "There's a 30% chance I'm crazy for thinking my boobs will hurt already"  :D
    Our TTC Journey

• kitkatz1990kitkatz1990 member
    edited January 2020
    Heyyyy lovely ladies, long time no posting! Work/life has been so crazy the past couple of weeks and I haven’t had a second to get on and post, though I have been lurking. You all probably forgot about me, lol!

@ttcbabyodo oh man!! I’m glad you went on home instead of sitting there for that long!!

@krash_ I hope you are feeling better after chatting with your hubby and therapist! Mental health is sooo important!

@kpearse99 Lol!! Mine are a little sore now that you mention it! I’m not getting excited though, they were sore for like 2 weeks last cycle. Mirena is a real mind F!

@bserena I could not agree more, this week is dragging!!

@bluetickgal yay for TWW!! 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 21/?? No idea 

Timing: I don’t think we had good timing this month. I’m not even 100% sure if/when I Oed. I had all the O symptoms on like CD10, which is crazy early! I guess it’s possible since mirena messes everything up. If I did O then, I had great timing but wonder if the egg would be any good that early. If I go based on my fertility tracker I should have Oed on Sunday but had no O symptoms then. This is my second cycle off Mirena and my first cycle was my normal 32 day cycle and I had O symptoms around CD 18. 

Typical LP length: Who knows at this point. 

Testing: Not unless I miss AF. 

R/R: I’ve been sick and haven’t been able to BD this month, I think I’m probably out. But who knows, because my cycles are still probably whacky after BC and I didn’t test for ovulation at all. DH wants to lean more on the NTNP side than the TTC side and I think tracking my O is too much for him but at the same time it leaves me over here having no idea when to expect AF. Ugh. 

CS/Q: nope

Edited to fix crazy tags 
  • @kitkatz1990 I can relate to your story - my hubby and I decided to take a relaxed approach for a few months, but since nothing happened we are now tracking O and being more deliberate. I feel way more at ease knowing when O actually is. And now that I look back on some previous cycles, we were completely missing my fertile window. I hope you and your hubby can find a happy medium!

@bluetickgal yay for TWW! Yes absolutely all FX for October!

@bserena is this the actual longest week ever? I am super struggling to be motivated for the last two days this week. 

@kpearse99 girl, that sounds like a horrible night of sleep! I hope you get better sleep tonight!

@krash_ actually, I did have painful sex on O day this cycle. Not sure if it’s just completely unrelated, though. 

@ttcbabyodo yay for TWW also!! That’s craziness about the car place. I’m super glad our state doesn’t have inspections. But also.. kind of sad that our state doesn’t care about emissions lol 

• Month/Cycle: 8/7

CD/DPO: 22/5

Timing: -4, -2, -1, O. 

Typical LP length: not sure

Testing: probably starting on Saturday (8DPO) because I’m impatient and I want to just get some negatives out of my system. 

R/R: I didn’t google anything TTC related whatsoever today. Proud of myself!  

Rant: today was a rough work day. Pulled for meetings all day, until having to teach my advisory class of course. Which is basically an hour of babysitting middle schoolers while the PTO sells them candy. Ugh. 

CS/Q:
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 26/14

Timing: -4-1

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: trying my bestest not to test with a cheapo $1 test. Planning to wait until CD 30

R/R: I AM SO TIRED! I had to work before going to bed and I was up at 6am for a presentation. I've been dragging all day.

CS/Q:

@bserena totally with you on this week dragging even though it's so busy!
    @ttcbabyodo I hate taking my car in for service, sorry it took so long 
    @bluetickgal @kpearse99 I was seriously feeling like my period was coming last night. No boob pain that I can tell about but since I'm on day 26 I'm definitely starting to think about symptoms. Although I know I usually don't get any until later *tw* that's what happened with my son and a chemical before that. *End TW*