September 2020 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating

Kind of similar to the cravings thread but this is where you can post about what you can actually enjoy/keep down! Any foods/drinks that help your nausea? What are you loving right now? Hating?  

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating

• I’ve been enjoying soup, sweets, ginger ale, rice, avocado. super bland and easy to eat. Have an aversion to most meats that I have to really chew (can get away with shredded or tiny tiny small pieces) but I had to pick all of the steak out of my food the other day. 

My Walmart haul today:
    green grapes, cucumbers, ingredients for rice krispy treats, those pea crisp snacks (ate the whole bag when I was feeling good), ginger ale, mashed potatoes, and seasoned French fries. And I had soup from a Chinese restaurant for dinner <3
  • Potatoes are my go to during pregnancy, specifically mashed, french fries, and chips. I'm also loving grapes and cheese. And carrots, but only boiled to heck lol.

I'm having trouble with eggs, which is funny since I ate boiled eggs every single morning during my pregnancy with DS. Meat is hit or miss. Pasta and rice I find fills me up too fast and then I feel sick.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • So much white bread and butter, noodles, cold grapes, popsicles, and sucky candies like werthers and jolly ranchers. Also chewing a lot of gum to mask the constant bad taste on my mouth. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mflowers929 my favorite breakfast was over medium eggs with hashbrowns, sausage
    snd jalapeños. I used to be able to eat it every day. Now I’ve had it once or twice since bfp and I can barely even think about it now. H is probably disappointed because I would always cook it for us now I don’t lol oh well 
  • I'm leaning a lot towards junk food recently and lots of meat. I was a vegetarian until 3 months ago (gave it up as my twins are noticing what I eat and started to avoid things I wasn't eating) and now all I want is meat and no vegetables...totally not my style. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Pretty much the only meal I can stomach these days is oatmeal with apples and walnuts. Other than that I'm practically living off fast food. I did get some frozen chicken nuggets from Costco that are really good. 
  • This morning it's my kid's animal crackers
  • @pghren Yum animal crackers! I am going to need to pick some of those up. The ones from Aldi are so delicious.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Cinnamon toast. And yesterday I had chicken tenders. So I’m essentially a 5 year old. 
  • Nothing sounds good or tastes good 🤢 What I can stomach is crackers with peanut butter, cereal and milk, pretzels, and trail mix. Plain pasta. Basically anything that isn't heated up so it doesn't have a smell. 
  • Soo much pasta, sesame bagels, pickles, fruit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been trying to eat whatever we have planned. I feel OK only when I’m eating so I am sure I’m going to gain weight because I’m eating all the time. Pasta, soup, and bread is the best right now.  I love pickles and those have helped but I put some in the fridge and the container wasn’t closed all the way and the smell made me gag so maybe those are off the list now. 
  • ALL the carbs! Rice, pasta, potatoes of any kind. Recently grilled cheese is AHHhhhmazing!!!
  • I've begun living off peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because it's about the only thing I can keep down and even then it's hit and miss. Ate some Stouffer's lasagna because lasagna doesn't get better than Stouffer's and had some success with it, which was pleasantly surprising.
  • I made and devoured a pile of pancakes with butter and powdered sugar at 8:30pm tonight. It tasted so good.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @greyl my hubby brought home 2 big jars of pickles yesterday lol. I haven't had any yet but maybe tonight. Also, sauerkraut, which I never liked until I was pregnant with DS lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 yesterday was the first time I’ve had some in a while and I had like 5 lol now I need to get more. I really want a big pickle now though lol 
  • I was craving a McDonald’s cheeseburger so my husband brought me one to work.  After I had already eaten my lunch which was just leftover buttered noodles from dinner last night.  The cheeseburger tasted delightful. I however do not feel delightful now. I see more buttered noodles or toast for dinner tonight. 
  • Toast with strawberry ginger jam. Toast is one of the few things that sounds good right now and the ginger helps with the nausea!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• @angbaby83 I was craving McDonald's today, too. I wanted the breakfast. It tasted great, but like you I did not feel good afterwards. Since then, I have just had constant dull nausea. It's going to be a bagel dinner again.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OMG DH randomly had a little bag of Corn Nuts which I had 100% forgotten were even a thing but I stole them and they were the best thing ever and thus far the only thing that I have eaten in days that I didn't immediately regret.  
  • I ate a whole jar of crunchy peanut butter this week by myself. If I don't eat every two hours, I get nauseous. It's so much food and I'm very tired of it. Lol Cucumbers/carrots and hummus is ok. PB&J sandwiches. Ritz and PB. Smoothies are excellent... Especially with a little fresh grated ginger in there...and PB, of course. Yogurt. Cold things and sourish things, which is a complete 180 for me. Morning Star chik'n nuggets. Sharp cheddar. Peanut butter protein bars! The other night I was really wanting Goberry frozen yogurt, which we had in Western Mass... But none here in Maine, sadly. 
  • @poppyandpines I'm on the peanut butter train too. Not because I'm craving it, but because it doesn't make me nauseous but also makes me feel full a bit longer!
  • Sour cream and onion dip + lays.  Thank you Super Bowl for the excuse.
  • @poppyandpines same here, if I don't eat often it's nausea-city.

DH and I are planning on tacos and tons of homemade guacamole for the superbowl tonight. I've been craving bolognese with pappardelle pasta for a few days. When I'm not to easily nauseated, I'm planning on making it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My nausea has been terrible and it has progressed to vomiting now too. I had big plans for delicious, nutrient dense meals but so far it is not working out so well....

My go tos have been:

- toast w butter and strawberry jam
    - pasta if delivery or someone else cooks it
    - saltines
    - lentil soup
    - clams (wtf?), clams and pasta
    - cheese and crackers 
    - pad thai no egg (I hate eggs) 
    - oranges 
    - pineapple 
    - fritos
    - caprese salads, even though i know the soft mozz is not recommended - but it is pasteurized 

So, not exactly a health nut over here for this pg. 

• All I ate at the super bowl party today was chocolate chip cookies that my friend made. I knew she was making them and I was looking forward to them all day. They were delicious. I may have eaten like six. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• emohay1988emohay1988 member
    edited February 2020
    this week's craving...pineapple juice on ice! I could drink the whole carton in a day 🍍🍍
  • All the watermelon
  • All I want is sour candy
  • I was craving a coke today, and I never drink soda. I got one and it was everything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had some cream cheese that was on the verge of going bad so I made it into a cheese ball and DS and I ate like half of it lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I’ve been craving a baked potato with chili and sour cream. But haven’t gotten it yet :(
  • @notagoodpatient soooo a baked potato sounds real good!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno I ordered one from a delivery place Saturday. And it took and hour to arrive so I got super hyped up. And then they had brought me the wrong order of French fries and beef stew. I ate the fries but it didn’t get rid of the craving. (I know I should just make my own, but the thought of cooking anything, especially starting with raw meat, makes me 🤢)
  • @notagoodpatient I probably would have cried of they brought the wrong order-especially if it took over an hour! Cooking has been really hard for me, too. All the different smells makes me so nauseous.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I definitely told MH that we need to make chili next week. He agreed
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Tonight I'm chowing down on mazzios, not sure how I feel about it yet. Had pho on Wednesday and it was the best thing on earth, I've missed it so much in the past two months! 
  • I made a Dutch baby pancake tonight after I got up from a nap lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022