Pregnant after IF
Options

All Trimester Check-In January 27

Happy Monday!! It's finally the last week in January, the month that would never end is ending! Ok, I'm super excited about it, sorry. Please let me know if I missed anyone, I'm sure I did. 
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: If you have pets, are you excited for them to meet the new baby? If you don't have pets, do you think you will get one for your kiddo?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@PoeMasque Congrats!!

@emmasemm EDD 3/7 (girl)

@cigaline EDD 2/10 (boy)

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/9 (boy)

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl)

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@akak23 EDD 3/27 (boy)

@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 4/4 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@laurajon2015 EDD 3/25

@jolo1241 EDD 2/2 (girl)

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl)

@knockupthestock EDD 7/23

@cirrra EDD 8/4

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8

Re: All Trimester Check-In January 27

• Options
    Thanks @wildrainbow - I was just about to kick this off but saw you post just in time!

• How far along/EDD? 34+2 7th March (eviction end of Feb)

• How are you feeling this week? Bigger and bigger. Sleeping more than ever - or super tired if I don’t sleep. My left hip/leg are really giving me some trouble every evening, plus my left shoulder, but using my black roll seems to ease it a bit. Ferrari has gone super active the last few days which is really nice and reassuring. 

• Rants/Raves? Questions? Bureaucracy in Germany is a bit of a rant I guess - I’m trying to prefill as much of all the forms as I can and collect together all the original and copy documents they need submitted with each form.
    • Raves - at the weekend we unpacked and built/installed the car seat, the baby bouncer, the baby harness and the stroller! This took quite some hours - the hardest part was putting the newborn insert into the stroller, DH used a few colorful words and I thought he might throw it out at one point... but we made it in the end. I was quite emotional seeing the stroller all set up and the car seat in the car. We are really planning to bring a baby home.

• Any upcoming appointments? OB on Friday for NST and US and BW etc 

• GTKY: If you have pets, are you excited for them to meet the new baby? If you don't have pets, do you think you will get one for your kiddo?
    • We don’t currently have any pets and DH didn’t grow up with any. But we do have a plan to get a dog once we’re settled with the baby - and at some point I’m sure I can add a cat before not too long too... then fish or guinea pigs probably once Ferrari is old enough to also join in taking care of them. Then my big dream is later on a pony that we can both ride, but let’s see - that’s quite some way in the future. I grew up surrounded by animals. So for me it’s the more the merrier - but I need to break DH in gently ;-) 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    • How far along/EDD? 11+1/Aug 16
    • How are you feeling this week? I'm ok. Yesterday was rough and I had a moment of panic, but one quick doppler check put me at ease. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Thursday! I get the NIPT bloodwork, the rest of my "old lady" bloodwork, u/s, and I see my dr. 
    • GTKY: If you have pets, are you excited for them to meet the new baby? If you don't have pets, do you think you will get one for your kiddo? We have a dobie and she already adores our boys. She sniffs my belly every morning like she's greeting our lil bean. It's really sweet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emmasemm - glad to hear your back roll is helping out, but still doesn’t sound like fun! Hope you continue to get a lot of opportunities to rest up! Also, bravo at getting all of that equipment set up!! We haven’t put in the car seat yet, but I’m sure things are going to feel really REAL once we do that lol. 

@wildrainbow - thanks for starting this week’s thread! That’s really sweet about your dog and seemingly sensing your little bundle of joy! 
    • How far along/EDD? 34 weeks 3/9
    • How are you feeling this week? Feeling pretty good. The lower pelvic pain that I was having about two weeks ago has gone. I still feel a bit stiff and sore here and there, but really can’t complain. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Had maternity photos done over the weekend by a good friend. Saw a couple of sneak peeks already and love them! Can hardly wait to see the rest! And also had a prenatal massage which was heavenly!! Overall, a good weekend. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB appointment this Wednesday. 
    • GTKY: If you have pets, are you excited for them to meet the new baby? If you don't have pets, do you think you will get one for your kiddo? We have a part Bichon Frise, part Shih Tzu dog who I’m slightly nervous with meeting baby. He’s been good with kids and babies before, I’m just hoping he won’t get jealous. DH thinks he’ll love having someone home a lot more often, which is definitely true, so hope him and baby become best buds! 
  • Options
    Hello all!

Ok, trying to get in there early on this week. Funnily enough indirectly it’s @sincethelastday I have to thank for that as on TV here there’s a series about drivers of long distance lorries dealing with extreme conditions (not sure what it’s called in English) and DH seems to enjoy watching all their hair-raising adventures. This evening there was a boy who looked about 16 driving his truck along Lake Winnipeg. I suppose it may still have been hundreds of miles away from where you are but it reminded me of you and the Bump!

@emmasemm wow you sound a lot more organised/advanced in your preparations than us! Are you enjoying being at home? I definitely am. Every day seems full of potential of things to get done! 

I sympathise with the bureaucracy rant - it’s terrible here too. However, you should consider yourself fortunate to be in Germany (I can say this having lived there for a year too) since they may be bureaucratic, but they’re also generally very efficient and competent once you give them the paperwork they’ve asked for. Here they are equally difficult but often hopelessly disorganised and incompetent. They’ll give you a list of documents to produce and when you come back, tell you that you should have brought something that wasn’t on the list! Or send you back a photocopy of a form you sent them asking you to send the very form they’ve just returned 🤨. 

@wildrainbow that really is adorable about your dog! It’s amazing how sensitive they are. I’d heard about animals picking up on pregnancy but for her to do that every day is just so touching. 

@sincethelastday sounds like an amazing weekend! Now I’ve become so soppy since being pregnant Facebook is bombarding me with videos of animals and/or babies, and sometimes both ☺️ I saw a video clip showing various dogs interacting with babies and they do seem to be amazingly gentle (sometimes in the face of significant abuse!) which makes me think you probably don’t have anything to worry about on that front!
    • How far along/EDD? 38w/10 Feb - eek!
    • How are you feeling this week?
    Still pretty good. Gone into full nesting mode I suppose. My BabyCenter email for 38 weeks told me to take it easy, go to the cinema and have naps and my mind is just screaming ‘no way - too many important things to sort in the house!’ I really feel as though Baby can’t possibly come until I’ve tidied all the junk and got rid of the remaining cardboard boxes...
    No real rants I think... gosh there must be some! But can’t think of any at the moment. Rave - I blitzed all the clothes we’ve been given today, washed some, and did an inventory of all the different things in different sizes. I’ve now tidied them away in a chest of drawers ready for when he comes home which did make me feel a bit emotional. And I finally packed all but 1 or 2 things on the hospital list for my maternity bag (very long and excessive in my view but trying to be a model patient). Not bad for a day’s work!
    • Any upcoming appointments?
    Weekly monitoring tomorrow. Having not really worried at all about Baby for quite a long time now, I had an evening last week where I panicked that I couldn’t feel him moving much, so I’m glad to be going back tomorrow to get renewed confirmation that all’s ok.
    Never had pets and unlikely to get one given both our allergies but I dream of having a dog. I have a real soft spot for most animals despite never having had pets, but I would really love a dog, maybe a Labrador. It could never live in our house but if we could have one that lived outside in the garden maybe one day it could become a reality. 
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 19 +1, 6/21
    • How are you feeling this week? Pretty good been having some killer backaches and anxiety is on high right now. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? - It's been over 7 weeks since I've had a scan, and A/S is tomorrow. So I'm excited but also nervous. But on the plus side, Nursery prep is underway. Crib and dresser arrive on Saturday, and we will start painting this weekend too!
    • Any upcoming appointments? A/S tomorrow, and OB on Friday.
    • GTKY: If you have pets, are you excited for them to meet the new baby? If you don't have pets, do you think you will get one for your kiddo? I have a beagle. He has been great with my son. When my son was a baby he treated him like his own puppy. And as he's grown up they play together and are really cute. He is such a sweet, patient dog. I can't wait for him to have a new human puppy to look after.

@emmasemm yay for getting all that baby prep stuff done! I hear you on how surreal it feels, like it is really happening!

@wildrainbow I'm sorry about you panic moment but glad it was short lived. And that is so cute about your dog, Mine is the same way.

@sincethelastday Thats awesome about your photos. I didn't do them with my first but I really want to have some done this time around.

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    Hi ladies!  I've been lurking here and there (PGAL brain - but also I have the worst time getting the page to load during the day at work), but thought I'd jump in since we graduated from our RE last week.  Gory details in my signature, but just in the beginning stages of growing a little brother for our little (13 month old) girl!
    • How far along/EDD?  8w5d - EDD is 9/2, but my OB won't let me go past 39 weeks so I expect a repeat c-section at the end of August.
    • How are you feeling this week?  Nauseated and so tired.  I should probably be sleeping right now :p  Also super bloated.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  Actually...a little rant that some nosy woman in my office actually asked me if I was pregnant LAST WEEK.  At 8 weeks.  I am a bit bloated (it did finally occur to me to stop trying to squeeze into size 4 pants when I know I'm going to feel bloated at the end of the day), and I knew it would be harder to keep this one a secret as long as the first, but sheesh.  Maybe it's just 'cause people aren't used to seeing me with much of a belly??  On the (unrelated) up side, keeping busy with a toddler helps the time go by faster.  I don't think I'm going to be able to get anything set up in this one's room till I'm out on maternity leave.  I can barely keep up with my own laundry at this point.  Hopefully I'll have more energy 2nd tri.
    • Any upcoming appointments?  First OB appointment tomorrow
    • GTKY: If you have pets, are you excited for them to meet the new baby? If you don't have pets, do you think you will get one for your kiddo?  We have a super sweet dobie/ridgeback rescue named Calliope.  She's really great with our daughter, except when she's in a mood (she just had minor surgery on her back paw two weeks ago and we've had to put a muzzle on her to keep her from bothering the surgical site, and she's been on exercise restriction, so that's made her a little grouchy lately).  She's pretty patient, but I could maybe see her getting a little annoyed at yet more competition for daddy's attention.
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @artemis618 oh how it warms my heart to see you here with us for no2!
    ( @artemis618 and @businesswife we’re both in the original Sep17 IVF group I was in )

@hanshotfirst77 I have everything crossed for the AS tomorrow, and it will be so great to see your girl after such a long time. Hopefully you get some great pics to take to show your son.
    Also my parents have a beagle and she absolutely adores all my nephews (now 2-9yo). When the youngest was sick last week and stayed home every day with my parents she slept on the sofa right up against him the whole time. The photos they took made you tear up, his little arm across her. I think they’re a really nice sized dog too - my parents had labradors before but as they got older the labs were just to big for them to get in and out of the car if they were incapacitated in any way. TLDR quite envious of your beagle! 

@cigaline oh my, yes I am definitely pleased to be at home. No way I could manage working with how tired I am - and as I explained to a friend/colleague yesterday I no longer have a “lap” for my laptop so I can’t really work even if I wanted to hehe! 
    Though we also have the same incompetence issues in the local authority! Anything centrally governed is ok and clear. But each local department has discretion over the things they govern so can ask for extra thins or not, or insist on the original or accept a copy... you just never know... and if you go in one day and talk to one person it’s different to if you see another person when you go back... 
    Siunds like you’re well on the way to being ready for baby boy to come! I have to confess to having made a spreadsheet of all the different clothes, their sizes etc... 

@sincethelastday wow it sounds like you have found a way to take the advice to pamper yourself on board! Massage and maternity photos sound like a great weekend! I was on the fence about maternity photos but have now reached out to see if a couple of local photographers have time - which is tricky to find when DH is available... 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options

@emmasemm – you are so productive!! So much organized in advanced J

@wildrainbow and @hanshotfirst77 – Ohh I really hope my furry baby turns to be just like yours.

@cigaline – you are so close!!! How exciting!!

@artemis618 – oh people! people!! aren’t you supposed to stay quiet even when a belly is obvious?? Oh well! – GL on your first OB appointment.

How far along/EDD? 13+6 / Jul 29th

How are you feeling this week? Good, can’t complaint.  Just random headaches that will go away most of the time with just essential oils.

Rants/Raves? Questions? – I had my 2nd OB appointment last week and went through so much information, that I still at times remember something new.  Had 8 tubes of blood drawn – for multiple tests and NIPT, so now waiting for the results sometime this week….super nervous but trying to stay positive, just focusing on how excited I am about finding out what we are having.  Had the NT scan and everything looked good.  Also, based on my RE information and the US (couple of myomectomies, endometriosis, old lady) my OB strongly recommended a c-section.  He said he would normally wait until 39 weeks, but he might want to have it at 38 to avoid any risks.  At 20 weeks and for the anatomy scan, I will start going to a perinatologist and after that both will follow up my pregnancy.   

Any upcoming appointments? Next OB appointment 02/21.

GTKY: If you have pets, are you excited for them to meet the new baby? If you don't have pets, do you think you will get one for your kiddo? I have a maltese, who basically owns us, the house, anyone visiting.  He has been our baby for 3 years and he is so used to getting all the attention that we are nervous about how he is going to act around the baby.  As we get closer I might look for a trainer or information about how to prepare him for the baby.

• Options
    @cigaline - wow! You’re getting so close to meeting your little boy!! How are you feeling with being so close to your due date? Sounds like you’re getting a lot done - hope you still have some time to relax during these next couple of weeks! And funnily enough, Lake Winnipeg is only about an hour and a half drive from me. DH’s family used to have a cabin on that lake, so I have spent many a summer (and winter) out there. 

@hanshotfirst77 - hope all goes well with your appointment and that setting up the nursery and all the prep that comes with that helps to distract from the anxiety! 

@artemis618 - man, that’s pretty presumptuous of that woman to ask if you’re pregnant! Some people really don’t understand how incredibly personal that type of question is. Hope your dog feels better soon and that you get some relief from the first trimester symptoms! 

@emmasemm - hope getting maternity photos work out for you! I was on the fence with getting them too for awhile, but really happy now I have some photo memories of this time. 
  • Options
    31magnolia31magnolia member
    edited January 2020
    How far along/EDD? 8w0d/Sept 8

How are you feeling this week? Not too bad. Bloating is still crazy, but yesterday I actually at proper (small meals every 2 hours, more protein and veggies) and I felt a LOT better. 

Rants/Raves? Questions? Question - Those of you who have an OB and MFM how many times do you see both and do both do ultrasounds?? It turns out my OB sends all her patients to an MFM for ultrasounds and doesn't do them in house. 

Any upcoming appointments? U/S with RE on Jan 30

GTKY: If you have pets, are you excited for them to meet the new baby? If you don't have pets, do you think you will get one for your kiddo? No pets, but I do plan to get a dog eventually.

All the excitement last week with the first U/S I forgot to mention that the RE said I have a cyst and a really oversized ovary that she wants me to be careful with. Also, some type of bleeder or something in my uterus so no sex. But she said she was OK with everything just to not over exert myself. 
  • Options
    @angelina1919 - How often do you see your OB? He seems to be pretty on top of things.

@artemis618 - haha! That's exactly why I had my sister let me borrow some clothes instead of trying to squeeze into mine!! It looked like I was already 4 or 5 months with all the bloat! Didn't want any questions at work. 

@hanshotfirst77 - hoping all is great at the A/S.I can't believe how far a long you are. Time flies.

@emmasemm - it's nice that you're at home and can rest when you need to!
  • Options
    @31magnolia - I saw my OB 2 weeks in a row because he wanted me to see before 12 weeks.  The first appointment was only to talk and pap smear...also the nurse was sick, so I had to go back the following week because NT scan was due and to have my blood drawn.  From now on, I will see my OB every 4 weeks until 20 weeks that I start seeing the perinatologist, so that will be one doctor every 2 weeks, then at some point - not sure when - I will need to go to my OB every  2 weeks, same for the perinatologist...so that will be weekly appointments....and towards the end I think is weekly for both...so twice a week....aaaand now I am tired just about thinking about all the driving!....my boss is going to be soooo happy (NOT!) :#
  • Options
    @angelina1919 - haha! that is a lot of driving but that's good that you're going to get that many check ups. I think I may need to look for a new OB. I'm not loving the fact that she sends you to another doctor to do ultrasounds and actually find it quite odd. I wanted an MFM and OB so I could have two people looking in on me, but with her it'll still just be one. 
  • Options
    @31magnolia If I recall correctly, with my last pregnancy, I think my OB only did one ultrasound himself - I remember because it was the one day DH wasn't feeling well and didn't come along for the appointment.  MFM did 12 week, 20 week, pediatric cardiologist did fetal echo, and MFM did...I wanna say 36 week?  But in the last month I had NSTs 3x/week - thank goodness I was out on leave by that point because their hours were super disruptive to working business hours.  

Otherwise, for my initial prenatal visit (I just got an u/s with OB this morning for this pregnancy), with DD I had just seen my RE (who did an ultrasound) earlier that same morning so he didn't do one.  Usually OB did the Doppler thing when I saw him.  So OB did vag u/s this AM, MFM will do NT at 12 weeks, will see OB at 16 weeks, back to MFM for anatomy scan around 20 weeks...so kind of alternating?
    About me:
    ***TW***
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

• Options
    Thanks @hanshotfirst77 and @artemis618. I just want to see a doctor who's going to see me and do as many ultrasounds as possible. Sounds like every doctor is different. And that it's not completely uncommon for OBs to NOT do ultrasounds and leave that to MFM. It would be nice if the my OB did do them though. My OB works with two MFMs and their reveiws are OK, not great but OK. I guess I can meet with them and see what their plan is and have a back up in mind if it's not a fit. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @emmasemm You have a fantastic memory!  I know that I "know" people by screename, and remember of course various details about them, their journey, their kids etc., the more we get to know each other, but I can't say I recall exactly which thread I may have met someone on, most cases.  That's impressive! 😅
  • Options
    Just wanted to update, I had my appointment today. U/s showed baby measuring 3 days ahead, so 12 weeks. I got my NIPT today so in a week, I will know gender. The tech took a look today for giggles, and she thinks girl, so we will see. 
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 12+5/Aug 8
    • How are you feeling this week? Good. I think the constant queasiness is now gone. But I now seem to have a leaky bladder. Ugh. I sneezed a couple of times and leaked some urine. Ew. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I was rear ended last week. Luckily no injury and the baby is fine, but now I have to get the car fixed and just annoyed I have to deal with all this. Also DH and I were going to trade in the car for a minivan, so now we are wondering how much the car has depreciated due to the accident. Ugh. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Just had NT scan today and genetic counselor appt too. Also got my blood drawn for the Panorama test. Diabetes appt tomorrow!
    • GTKY: If you have pets, are you excited for them to meet the new baby? If you don't have pets, do you think you will get one for your kiddo? No pets. My husband isn’t a pet person. I was sad about it before since I grew up with a cat and a dog, but with a toddler and another one on the way, I don’t think I have the capacity to take care of a pet. Also, seeing my sister and BIL having to arrange a dog sitter (usually my parents) before going anywhere overnight, I do see the benefit of not having any pets. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    Hi Ladies! 

Got our NIPT results on Tue (7 days after) and everything came back low risk....and we are having a BOY!! So so happy that finally got the courage to share the news with both our families.  

Now, question about the flu shot.  My OB said I should get it, the sooner the better.  The nurse said to mention I was pregnant, so they can use the correct one.  I just called CVS and ask for the 'pregnant flu shot' and they said there is no such thing...there is one and only flu shot and is the same for everyone.  I just called the Dr office and they are closed for the day.  I wanted to get it during the weekend in case I don't feel great after, but I might need to wait until Monday.  Anyone has heard of the pregnant flu shot?
  • Options
    @angelina1919 - I just got the flu shot yesterday at my job. The RE told me to get it and she never mentioned one for pregnant ppl, neither did the nurse at work. 
  • Options
    @angelina1919 the only thing with vaccines I’ve been told is to avoid all live vaccines - but the flu shot should not contain a live vaccine
    And congrats on the NIPT results!

@31magnolia glad to hear you’re feeling lots better 

@cashewchicken  oh gosh that had to be quite scary being in a car accident. I’m leaving much bigger gaps between me and other cars that I did before - but you can’t control all the other road users!

AFM all good at the appointment today, baby is doing really well - but my blood pressure is causing quite some concern so we ended up spending an additional 5 hours at the hospital having more detailed tests. All ok to come home tonight and then back tomorrow to repeat them and decide on the next course of action! Hopefully it will just be resting even more and some additional monitoring! She needs to keep cooking a few more weeks! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• Options
    @angelina1919 there's a flu shot and the flu mist. The mist contains a live virus and is not recommended for pregnant women, people with compromised immune systems, or children.
  • Options
    artemis618artemis618 member
    edited February 2020
    @angelina1919  I think there may be some flu shots that still have thimerosal as a preservative.  I believe you'd just want to look for one that is thimerosal-free.  I think I remember calling Costco pharmacy about this once and I *think* they said that they only have thimerosal free flu shots.  Does your OB's office not do flu shots?  Conveniently, when I took our daughter to get hers (well the first of two), the pediatrician's office was able to give me mine too (before I was pregnant, so I didn't even ask about thimerosal).

ETA:  (Although it looks like the tiny bit of thimerosal is probably safe - maybe just a preference?)
    About me:
    ***TW***
    **New RE**

-----
    TFAS!

• Options
    Flu shots -- there are a lot of different shots -- FluMist which is a nasal spray (not recommended for certain groups incl. pregnant women), the intradermal injection, and then standard preservative-free and preservative-containing injections. Over the years, most practices, including our own, have streamlined to just offering the preservative-free shots across the board....it was just too burdensome to have so many different kinds of shots! Pharmacies may vary, but you simply need to ask what shot they offer. I got the preservative-free shot during pregnancy.  (Oh, preservative-free is basically a way of saying no thimerosal.)
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    Thank you ladies for clarifying how flu shots work for us.  Honestly sometimes I think is better to just ask here than call my nurse/Dr....you all are so much direct, to the point and explain things a lot easier :)