July 2020 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday

Anyone want to discuss their menu for the week? 

Monday - Chicken Pitas from Pinch of Yum blog
Tuesday- Hot Dogs and sweet potato fries bc I have to leave for work at dinner and this is easy and well liked 
Wednesday- Pasta with red sauce and salad 
Thursday- Pork Roast bought already marinated with cauliflower on side

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• Options
    I always want to participate in these threads, but I'm the worst at this unless I'm hardcore dieting lol... BUT, I'm going to follow for some inspiration since I, legit, haven't cooked since I started feeling bad in 1st tri.

The only thing I have planned, so far, for this week is to make blackened chicken alfredo. We'll see how that goes. We also have some leftovers from eating out over the weekend that we'll finish up. Hopefully cooking goes well and I can get back into the swing of it! I used to cook most of our dinners and now we're just eating junk!
  • Options
    @MrsTiger123 I’m over here drooling over your Tuesday night dinner plan 😂

every week I have intentions of meal planning and then I don’t know, something happens and I end you running to the grocery store daily. we even went to Costco this weekend!

Monday - leftovers (last night was a lasagna soup made in IP)
    Tuesday - chicken fried rice with dumplings
    Wednesday - let’s say tacos or fajitas 🤷‍♀️
    Thursday - swim lessons so we normally get burgers
    Friday - most likely pizza or cleaning the fridge out

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lol here's my lovely meal plan for some inspiration! (Said very sarcastically, as I planned this week's menu in about 2 mins and we have a lot of stuff going on this week so I was looking for easy and/or comfort food.)

Sunday- frito casserole
    Monday- Panera
    Tuesday- chicken tortilla soup
    Wednesday- beef and vegetable tater tot casserole
    Thursday- one pan garlic herb chicken and veggies
    Friday- frozen pizza
    Saturday- figure it out later

You're welcome. :joy:
  • Options
    lol here's my lovely meal plan for some inspiration! (Said very sarcastically, as I planned this week's menu in about 2 mins and we have a lot of stuff going on this week so I was looking for easy and/or comfort food.)

Sunday- frito casserole
    Monday- Panera
    Tuesday- chicken tortilla soup
    Wednesday- beef and vegetable tater tot casserole
    Thursday- one pan garlic herb chicken and veggies
    Friday- frozen pizza
    Saturday- figure it out later

You're welcome. :joy:
    Tell me more about Frito Casserole...

• Options
    @MrsTiger123 honestly, it's amazing. :lol: it's not at all a casserole though, so idk why we called it that growing up. It's more of a taco salad type situation. Maybe I'll call it frito salad from now on haha recipe in spoiler! Obviously you can top it with whatever sounds good to you, this is just what we always had.

• Options
    That sounds delicious!

where does everyone find dinner inspiration? I get caught up in buying beautiful cookbooks that never get used, and just end up browsing Pinterest.
  • Options
    @coffeeandcookies84 skinnytaste.com is evvvvverything!
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 that sounds so good right now.  Might make my Friday meal since I hadn’t planned that far. 

@coffeeandcookies84 I start my planning by seeing what’s on sale.  Then I decide if I can make something my kids will eat with it.  I like  Skinnytaste and PinchofYum and follow them on Instagram. I follow some brands I like on Instagram, too, that often post meal ideas. 

• Options
    @coffeeandcookies84 I have a few cookbooks that get decent usage, but I also do a lot of pinterest browsing. MH made a Recipes folder in google drive, so any that we find online and like, we copy and paste into that folder and I end up looking there a lot too. It's hard to remember which pinterest recipes we've made and liked sometimes, so moving to another location has helped us remember good ones! I will second skinnytaste too.
  • Options
    mrsdrezmrsdrez member
    edited January 2020
    I'm here for the inspo as well.
    I wish I was better at meal planning, every day after work my husband is like "did you take anything out for dinner?" and my reply is usually "no, did you?". Like it's only my job lol. Plus I'm happier eating a bowl of cereal these days. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! @blaf322 @MrsTiger123 and @stlbuckeye132 I follow both those accounts on instagram so I should give them a serious try! I think I get so overwhelmed with how many options are available these days, I just need to pick a handful of good ones and go with it! 
  • Options
    @coffeeandcookies84 I get overwhelmed sometimes too.... I'll typically go to the skinny taste page, scroll until I see something I like and just go with that. If you don't end up loving it, scrap it and make something else next time. If you love it, great! Pin it or a "pins completed" board and you can go there next time you want to make it. When I cooked more, I'd mostly make things I've made before and then rotate in something new a few times a month.

• Options
    Monday- Chicken Alfredo
    Tuesday- Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken & Potatoes
    Wednesday- leftovers (Dh and I only, kids will eat at their church program)
    Thursday- Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Sliders
    Friday- Pizza so we don't have leftovers or cleanup on our way to the Dells.

I do not do time consuming or complicated meals, especially because at this point it is about 40/60 if I will even eat it. 
  • Options
    Monday- pasta with hummus sauce 
    Tuesday- vegetable white bean chili with apple cornbread 
    Wednesday- sauteed cabbage and cornbread 
    Thursday- salmon with vegetables and grain mix with fruit salad
    Friday- pizza (local pizza shop)
  • Options
    hbird0723hbird0723 member
    edited January 2020
    I actually did a meal plan this week lol I’m excited to join in and see all these yummy ideas for next week! I cheated a bit though since we are doing a 3 week thing with HelloFresh. Hoping we can work it into the grocery budget because I stink at dinner lol unless I’m in the mood to cook which is rare. 

Sunday- We had pineapple chicken, rice and broccoli
    Monday- we had pizza with friends 
    Tuesday- Sweet and Smoky Pork Tenderloin with apple carrot slaw and mashed potatoes 
    Wednesday- Blackened Tilapia Tacos 
    Thursday- Honey Butter BBQ pork cutlets with sweet potatoes and green beans 
    Friday and Saturday- leftovers or Avocado, salmon rice bowl 

• Options
    DH and I meal plan on Sunday mornings together and I love the things we come up with together! As you can see, I really love my crockpot haha

Monday: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
    Tuesday: Shepherd's pie and side salad
    Wednesday: Pierogi and kielbasa casserole (crockpot meal)
    Thursday: General Tso's chicken (crockpot meal)
    Friday: homemade pizza
    Saturday: BBQ chicken (crockpot meal)
    Sunday: Beef tips over egg noodles

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• Options
    @coffeeandcookies84 - I've been pinterest-ing for years and printing things I like and putting them into a recipe book and then we page through and pick what to eat that week. Just last week, I finally got the idea to make a list of everything in the book and use it as the table of contents so I only have to look at one page to pick meals! Game changer!

• Options
    @sunnyknightsarah recipe for the pierogi and kielbasa casserole? 
  • Options

@modoodles https://www.dailydiylife.com/crockpot-pierogi-casserole-kielbasa-easy-meals/

I use half the amount of broth so it's less soupy (it thickens up the next day too). I haven't added the cream cheese since I can never get it to melt in crockpot recipes and I hate pieces floating around lol, but the comments say to heat the broth and cream cheese on the stove first to melt it.

• Options
    We made Shepherd's pie and Chicken and Rice with portabello mushrooms on Sunday.  Then we can pick what we want for a couple of days at least.  There are also hot dogs on hands leftover from Superbowl Sunday.  I'm sooo not inspired on cooking right now.
  • Options
    Anyone have relatively easy lunches that they like to bring to work? I know leftovers are usually a go to, but we do Blue Apron/Sunbasket most weeks so there aren't leftovers for the next day. I'd really like to get in the habit of packing lunch instead of spending the money on grabbing something every day. But between each night cooking dinner (which I actually enjoy) and then cleaning up and packing DD's lunch for school, the couch is calling to me.
  • Options
    @meanjellybean not exciting.... but I do a lot of lean cuisine/smart ones type frozen meals. They're just too easy. I can't be trusted to meal prep for lunches.
  • Options
    @blaf322 no lie, whenever I have packed my lunch, it's a frozen meal. I just got out of the habit of buying them when I go to the store, I need to remind myself to restock so I at least have that option. There's actually a few from Trader Joe's that I really like... usually some sort of cheesy pasta  :D
  • Options
    @meanjellybean I make a casserole or a stew a lot on Sundays that I then freeze for lunches.  It's a little cheaper than individual frozen meals.  I try to get 3 or 4 options frozen at any given time so there is a little variety.
  • Options
    Anyone have relatively easy lunches that they like to bring to work? I know leftovers are usually a go to, but we do Blue Apron/Sunbasket most weeks so there aren't leftovers for the next day. I'd really like to get in the habit of packing lunch instead of spending the money on grabbing something every day. But between each night cooking dinner (which I actually enjoy) and then cleaning up and packing DD's lunch for school, the couch is calling to me.
    I really like chick pea salad.  I’ve been making one called chickpea tuna salad- you make your regular tuna salad but swap in mashed chickpeas for the tuna.  You can eat it on bread but I just eat it with a fork. 

• Options
    I made pinto beans and rice is the crockpot and so that will cover a couple of meals.