April 2020 Moms
Options

Weekend Plans 1/25

What's everyone up to?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend Plans 1/25

• Options
    I have been organizing the nursery this weekend. I am trying to get ahead of putting stuff away that we got for Christmas and clothes that were handed down to us, before the influx of baby shower gifts. I stayed up until midnight last night doing that!  :o I feel like I have so many baby clothes already and hope that I don't get too many more from the baby shower! 
  • Options
    @babyrummom I’m impressed by your work ethic towards the nursery. 😂 I’m lazy lazy about it right now. My first shower is 3 weeks from today, and I’m panicking already. I just don’t have it in me to work on it yet. 

We were supposed to go watch one of my students play basketball, but I was up all night coughing, so I slept instead. We are headed to the Cleveland Cavaliers game tonight (Christmas present for MH, the last on our professional sports checklist), and tomorrow is just church and dinner with my family. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    krthousekrthouse member
    edited January 2020
    We're hosting a trunk show at work this weekend so it's been extra boppin'. My feet are killing me but I love when we get to showcase and play with new styles for our brides! Also DH has brought his A-game today by making me Annie's mac and cheese with broccoli and bacon and he's cleaning the kitchen. I'm a happy lady!
  • Options
    Yesterday was a work day and we went out for dinner. This morning, we took DS to a trampoline park to get some energy out of his system. Later, MIL is coming to visit which I'm not looking forward to at all. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I've barely gotten anything done since DD2 is sick and being a velcro baby.  The second I put her down or leave the room she has a complete sobbing melt down.  Poor DH is taking it personally.
  • Options
    Working this weekend at the library. Yesterday was very busy - and I was TIRED by the time I got home. But my husband heated up some Indian food leftovers we had so I could be a bum the whole night. lol. Today's been a nice slow day at work, and baby girl figured out she can kick my back and butt area now so that felt weird feeling kicks in that direction. 
  • Options
    DH sent me and my mom for an overnight at a hotel with a fancy dinner and spa treatments. He is so sweet and I’m so lucky. It was wonderful but exhausting. I’m starting not to sleep well again, even in a fancy hotel. So now I’m in bed watching Netflix for the end of the weekend.
  • Options
    @sbalding88 The kicks in the butt feel so weird!!

@literatureandink I am so jealous!  I'm dying to get a massage or at the very least a pedicure but I'm trying not to spend any money  :(
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 I had felt so lazy and had no desire to do anything around the house until this past week. I guess the nesting finally kicked in! I also made a freezer meal today. I don't know what has gotten into me! 
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 and @babyrummom I’m just at the point where I’m thinking about all the stuff I want to do around the house and nursery but not quite at the point where I’m actually doing anything.
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    edited January 2020
    I've entered complete panic mode about crazy things I'm over thinking.  Like packing bags for DD1 and DD2 and what I'm going to do with those bags in case I go into labor while I'm at work and they're at daycare.  I'm down to really specific things to worry about like DD1 has a lovey moose stuffed animal that has stopped going to school now to try to get a little bit ready for kindergarten, but is a must for spending a couple of days at the ILs.  Also, what to pack them.  I'm due 4/30.  It could be 50 or 80 in the northeast at that time of year!  I think I'm displacing work stress and anxiety about DH's grad school and coaching job starting again today.  The funniest part about all of this and me stressing it, is MIL didn't even use the clothes we packed for DD1 when DD2 was born, she used it as an excuse to go out and buy her a bunch of new clothes, even shoes, so it really doesn't matter what I pack them.  

Edit to add I'm also jonesing to make freezer meals but think it's still to early since I'm almost a month behind everyone else.  I still need to wait at least a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    @literatureandink I'm at that same point. I haven't quite mustered the time and energy at once to actually do anything, but I have lots of plans for it. It doesn't help that I'm restricted on how much squatting and lifting I can do by my doctor so most of what we have to do with the nursery either involves moving the remaining things out or moving new things in. But I did sort the baby clothes on Friday into the different sizes so that once I get the dresser for her room, I can wash and put everything away. 

@KFrob Definitely weird!! And after I posted that, my daughter also discovered the upper reaches of her space by trying to kick me in the ribs. Until then, she hadn't kicked me more than an inch or two above my belly button, so it scared the living daylights out of me to feel her up that high. Didn't hurt too bad yet, though I hear that's coming. As your due date buddy, I'm in the same place with the meal prep; I'm noting ideas in my Evernote to help me remember when I try to start sometime next month. 
  • Options
    @sbalding88 @literatureandink Me too. I’ve ordered things and identified what needs to be done, but I haven’t gotten my act together to start getting done (or to push DH to start moving the stuff out of what is going to be her room).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @sbalding88 I'm scared I'm going to lose the motivation in meantime!  
  • Options
    @mercury94 I'm very good at making lists...and then losing them...and then making more...and then not doing anything on them...lol
  • Options
    @literatureandink another way we are the same person!
  • Options
    @KFrob Oh I'm worried about the lack of motivation too. I try to tell myself that list-making is doing something, but I'm really good at making lists and then not actually doing the things on the list. xD