May 2020 Moms

Hello! Drop your top baby name choices here!

Re: Hello! Drop your top baby name choices here!

• I absolutely love this name! 
  • @pirateduck I was raised Catholic (no longer practicing), and what your'e referring to sounds like a confirmation name, not a legal middle name.  Basically confirmation is done when you're considered an "adult" by the Catholic church and you confirm your commitment to the religion (even though I think I was in 10th grade for mine and therefore had zero actual choice in the matter).  As part of this, you choose your confirmation name, generally a saint's name, but it doesn't become part of your legal name.  I think I chose Anne for mine as well, but that doesn't exist anywhere officially outside of the church.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Loading the player...
  • @doctorcrime

Genevieve
    Antoinette
    Margaret
    Madeleine
    Elizabeth
    Isabella 
  • @shamrocandroll that sounds about right!  I honestly have no idea if my mom's middle name exists anywhere legally.  I feel like this is something I should find out.
  • jrouge12jrouge12 member
    edited January 2020
    @doctorcrime DH and I toyed with Gwendolyn but I put it with all of our names like we were signing a Christmas card and he decided against it. I agree it doesn't seem to fit us. But it's a pretty name!

I like the name Noelle right now. I hesitate because it means Christmas and is traditionally given to December babies. DH kept it on our short list of names. I think it sounds very nice with our last name though. 
  • @jrouge my daughter is Clara Noelle, so like the most Christmasy name ever, and she was born in October, so I say go for it.
  • allie456allie456 member
    edited January 2020
    @jhysmath my stepdaughter is a Maggie (Margaret, not Magnolia). I didn't name her but she loves her name -- it's really versatile, cute but also adult.

@doctorcrime I think you have some great suggestions. You could also hyphenate -- I have a friend with an Ella-Jane which I always thought was cute.
  • @soprano19 Your daughter's name is so pretty! I love it! Now to get DH fully on board.
  • @lisush R name ideas: Rachel, Rebecca, Ryan, Rae, Ramona, Reese, Rochelle, Reena 
    but Jane is cute too!
  • My husband and I have probably decided on the name Sadie Wren. My only concern is that Sadie sounds too rhyme-y with the last name, Morrissey. 

I am Jewish and my husband is not (as you could probably tell from the last name, ha), so I really like Sadie because it sounds Jew“ish”, and is also a bit unique, but not too out there. 

Any thoughts?
  • @rhubarb789 I really like the name Sadie and it was on my short list. I'm also Jewish. Shaina was another more Jewish S name I like a lot.
  • Sadie is sweet I knew someone growing up named Shaina too I always thought that was a nice name as well. 
  • @rhubarb789 it's a little rhyme-y with the last name, but I don't think it's too much.  I think it works so if you like it go for it!
  • @lisush @babyfoxden10 @bananapanda Thanks for your feedback! Makes me feel better.
  • I thought we were set on a name, then my husband jumped on another name, just when I got used to that, yesterday he asks me about a third name, one I had suggested months ago that he was opposed to, I thought I was the indecisive one!  I might talk to him about the idea of having 2-3 names set and then choosing when baby makes her appearance.  We'll see.  I know we still have lots of time on this.
  • @babyfoxden10 @randic22 thanks! I'm going to commit to this name 100% now lol
  • Lately we’ve been testing names.  Every time my husband and I refer to the baby we call her by name.  We’ll both use the same name for like a week and then try something else.  It’s really helped to hear them in context.  
  • We are team green and finally got the time to discuss names this weekend. We have 3 daughters, Audrey, Evelyn and Isabel. Husband and kids want an O name, I'm not sold. We both like Owen for a boy, but O is hard for girl names. We can't use Olivia because it's a niece's name. We like Ophelia, but it seems like a mouth full. Thoughts on Ophelia? Any suggestions for other girl names? Or one syllable middle names?
  • @afranzen85 O names for a girl are very hard!  What about Opal?  Olga?  As far as one syllable middle names we have a Jo and Jade.  Others we had tossed around were Mae, Rae, Jane, Faith, Grace, Paige, and Brooke.
  • Odessa? Odelia? 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @afranzen85 oh I like Ophelia Jo
  • @afranzen85 I like Ophelia!
  • @lisush any middle name suggestions? I'm really struggling there. We already have Nichole, May and Rose middle names for our other 3.
  • Olive and Odette are cute O names too
  • @afranzen85 My daughter's middle name is Opal, after my great-grandma. It would be totally cute as a first name.
  • @afranzen85 sorry been crazy busy all day. I'll think of some!
  • @afranzen85 Ophelia Joy, Jean, Shea, Belle, Quinn... I like the other suggestions people gave too!
  • @afranzen85 Oh I like Opal! Ophelia is nice but I agree it does seem like a moth full. Some middle name thoughts...

Opal Jade 
    Opal Noel 
    Opal Belle 
    Opal Lynn
    Opal Lucia 
    Opal Grey 
    Opal Mia 
    Opal Sage 

First that was Opal Mae but seen you already have a May. 
  • @afranzen85 on second thought...,

Opal Grace. Love that combo best! 
  • @bananapanda I think we have similar naming styles!  Our first DD is Paige.  She was almost a Claire. I like all of your choices though.
    @afranzen85 I know an Oakley and I think it's really cute but also not as classic as your other choices.
    @pirateduck We do the same thing with trying out names for a bit and then moving on.  We have ruled a few names out this way. I am also thinking about going into birth with a short list and seeing what fits.

We are having a hard time with boy names but currently have: Nathaniel (Nathan), Wesley and Henry.  We already have an Eliza so I'm worry about Henry because of the song "There's a hole in my bucket dear Liza, dear Liza. So fix it dear Henry..."
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @spiderlover25 the musical theater lover in me went straight to Eliza Doolittle and Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady.
  • Thank you all for the O name feedback. Definitely some more to consider.

@spiderlover25 Those are all great boy names!
  • I am leaning towards 
    Molly Anne or Karis Avery

not sure if Karis is too “out there“..
  • @dartzy99Wed76233 is it pronounced "care-is" or "car-is" ?