Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO weekend 1/25 - 26

charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
edited January 2020 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

(ETA - because I forgot Sunday)

Re: WTO weekend 1/25 - 26

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: OPK, PNV

R/R: super frustrated that I wasted so long on crappy OPKs. I have a stupid amount of anxiety about getting pregnant, and these tests just made it a million times worse. During my fertile window the control line was super dark, but the over was varying shades of “hardly can see it pink.” I just got the easy@home ones, they seem to actually work. The premom app is better than the other one too. 

CS/Q: is mabis still the go to BBT? It’s what is suggested in the newbie thread but it only has a 3 star rating on Amazon.

** Xposted from the Friday post, I didn’t realize there would be a weekend post since one wasn’t posted earlier. Sorry! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:  Jan was our two year anniversary. I took a bit of a bump break when it was pretty clear it wasn't our month. :( 

CD:  9

WAYDTGKU:  We bought pre-seed, so trying that. 

R/R: 

CS/Q: Nothing to see here. I have been struggling with a fever (DH brought home a bug that's been going around) I'm on the mend but still dealing with a low grade fever. NBD - except trying to track O. 

I am traveling - without DH - leaving on Tuesday. FF is predicting (based mostly on past cycles since my temps are crazy) that Thursday should be O day. So FX that -2 is good enough, or I O a little early. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz Hope you feel better soon!  Something seems to be going around here as well.  Wishing you the absolute best as you continue on this journey.  Good job giving yourself a little space earlier.  

@deaddahliah best of luck with the new tests.  I am using a new kind this month as well (wondfo per many suggestions on here!  Thanks ladies!)  The two lines are in different orientation which took an adjustment.  Oh wait- the test line is over here and totally negative (like I knew it would be).  

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: trying Pre-seed this month in addition to opk and pnv

R/R: House hunting is interesting, since we have two houses we really like.  They are in two totally different locations and price points.  Makes comparison a little difficult.

• Options
    @dobiemom11 When we were house hunting, that meant neither was the right house. When we walked into our current home, we forgot every other house. 
    @deaddahliah I have been really stressing about getting pregnant too. It's this horrible limbo. 

• Options
    @deaddahliah I've used both Wondfos and Pregmate. Wonfos were good. I like that the Pregmate ones are a thicker stick. The 1 cycle I used the Pregmate ones was after my failed FET so my hormones were probably all over the place and looked more like a pregnancy test than an OPK in that I was seeing almost no test line. I did eventually catch what was probably the downslope of my surge when you compare to what I had for BBT temps. Took another one today and same thing, but I'm on BC so it's just proving that the BCP is working  :D

This will probably have no point, but I'm actually super curious how OPKs look once I'm on all the meds for my next FET.

@the_road_to_oz hopefully O works out well with your travel. Glad you're doing better after your fever!

@dobiemom11 what are the conditions of the houses? Do they need any updates? Sometimes it comes down to how much you're willing to fix. Just be careful that someone doesn't get in an offer before you!

Month/Cycle: oh god we're coming up on 32/22

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: FET in March, PNV, vitamind D & E, L-arginine, Probiotic, gluten and dairy free diet

R/R: Meeting with some friends tomorrow because they had a Groupon at a brewery for some flights of beer. Not sure I should actually be drinking them but it's not like I like beer anyway so maybe I'll just do a sip of each or something. Going to get lunch with them first and MAN is finding a place out that's both gluten and dairy free is HARD. I can find an option that's one or the other but not both. There's a pizza place that has vegan cheese but SOAB the gluten free pizza crust has dairy in it! UGH. We're going to a Mexican place instead. They have shrimp ceviche and there is at least one taco option that is both vegan and gluten free so that works!

CS/Q: nope, but my OPK which I took for no reason was definitely negative this morning  :D 
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 You know beer isn't gluten free right? I didn't know if you said "I shouldn't be drinking it" = gluten or = alcohol

• Options
    @the_road_to_oz I think I worded that really weird. Yes I'm well aware beer isn't gluten free, that's what I was referring to, hence why I'll probably just be taking a sip. I really don't care to drink beer anyway but we did agree to do this a few weeks ago before I was told to go gluten and dairy free. I'll just count this as a "slip up". 

"Here DH, have my beers and get a little tipsy on a Sunday afternoon" lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Oh good, lol! My dad went gluten free and was heartbroken when I informed him beer was off the table. 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/2(AL)

CD:1

WAYDTKGU: Doing it EOD, PNV, Tracking CM, Tracking with FF, conceive Plus, OPKs, might try pre seed this month, praying, staying positive. 

R/R: Well AF was supposed to come Monday but she came early and came today Instead so that means I’m over here now 😭 I’m sad and really wanted it to be this first cycle after my MC so I could be a unicorn lol guess not so I’m just drinking wine my DH got me and pouting tonight. It’s only day one of AF and I already want this menstrual cycle to be over with ASAP. I’m f*$#ing dying all day today of the worst cramps ever. I had to leave work early today as I was crippled over in pain and could barely walk or even breathe. The pain doesn’t go away with anything I take. *sigh*  I don’t know why this period is sooo bad this cycle. Put a fork in me I’m done!! 😖 

CS/Q:None 

@the_road_to_oz Sorry to hear you have been struggling with a fever. Hope you feel better soon. 

@deaddahliah Hope it’s all goes well with your OPKs. I use the Clearblue advanced digital ones and I love them. they work great for me. I agree, getting pregnant does cause a lot of anxiety. TWW is the worst part I find. I 

@dobiemom11 Happy House hunting! That’s super exciting. I hope you find something great :) 

@inthewoods23 That brewery with your friends sounds fun tomorrow. I hope you have a great time. You take those sips girl 😆 I love groupon. The Mexican place sounds good. I love Mexican food. Enjoy your shrimp ceviche. 

• Options
    @the_road_to_oz I don't think it's common, but I believe there are gluten free beers out there

@mindyb2019 sorry for CD1 and all the cramping! But welcome to the large WTO party 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 When my German work colleague went gluten free, he just decided to drink vodka instead.  Heartbroken about the lack of beer, but his Russian wife was excited about the vodka.  

@inthewoods23 and @the_road_to_oz. Both are in beautiful condition as far as we can see (without an inspection and such).  We really love the second one and it is in our favorite location, but the fact that is the other one is 60k less makes me wonder if that one is the better option financially.  The house we bought in NC was like @the_road_to_oz said- you walk in and you just know.  
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 thanks, Yay party 😂 Can we drink booze at this party? Lol 🍷🍸  Better then being lonely in the TWW before 😆 
  • Options
    **Lurking from TWW**
    @inthewoods23  @the_road_to_oz   I know for a fact that gluten-free beer does exist, but it is usually hard to find.  I know of at least one brewery that only makes gluten-free beer.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @deaddahliah I used the easy@home ones last time and switched to wondfo and I prefer the easy@home. That being said... Im not knocked up so...

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: opks and hanky panky

R/R: I am having too much anxiety and I have myself convinced that I am having an annovulatory cycle. Its only cd 14 and I want to eyeroll at myself but my predictor is saying I should ovulate tomorrow and my opk readings are still verrry low. 

CS/Q: 

• Options
    Oh man @mindyb2019, I'm so bummed you're back here.

Month/Cycle: 9/6/1 (AL #1)

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: FF, PNVs, baby aspirin, BBT charting, OPKs, Mucinex CD10-1DPO, Preseed, CM/CP

R/R: Dinner on Friday night was amazing. I wish I could eat there every day. OMG, the food was so damn good. Then yesterday we decided to paint the backs of the stairs and the railing from an off-white to a milky sage green. It looks gorgeous, but makes it clear that we need to paint the walls a different color. We're currently at a stalemate on which color to paint the walls, and I figure we will be for a while since it took us forever (2 1/2 years) to settle on the sage green we chose for the stairs. Ahhh, homeownership.

CS/Q: So, I've been using internet cheapies and CBAD OPKs this cycle. I had negatives on the cheapies until today when I got a blazing positive, and had gotten high readings on CD12, CD13, and CD14 on the CBAD, with a peak today (CD15). (I also didn't get EWCM till today, but that could have been because of the Mucinex I was taking that made my CM more watery than EW.) I had horrible O pain last night, so I'm thinking I O'ed between yesterday and today, but everything I've read online states that you get a positive/peak reading the day before O. We BD'ed twice yesterday (hehe), so timing-wise I think we should be okay, but I don't know if that puts us at -2 or -1. Thoughts?
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo I’m bummed too. But it is what it is. I’ll keep trying every cycle. I’m glad to hear your dinner on Friday was amazing. Where did you eat at? Hopefully you guys can decide soon on a colour for the walls. Lol Sorry you were having horrible O pain. Do you always get that? I get O pain too sometimes. 
  • Options
    @legendairymomma that's good to know. I was debating switching again to wondfo next month even though these are working well. Is your predictor normally correct? I currently have my info in a few apps and the Premom app is the only one that is even close.

@mindyb2019 I'm sorry you're in so much pain. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 - yeah, I have a 100cc (about the size of a shot glass) sized functional cyst on my left ovary, and a slightly smaller one on my right ovary, so I always get O pain. It used to be horrible back before I had my Mirena removed in 2014. It was so bad I couldn't stand up straight. But, my doc confirmed that it shouldn't affect my fertility/TTC, so there's that.

We had dinner at a cool seafood place that we love. Small-ish (10 tables, and 8-10 seats at the bar) and they serve local oysters and fish. The menu consists of three different kinds of tacos (oyster po' boy, grilled fish, and fried chicken), 3 or 4 salads, soup, crab dip, 4 or 5 varieties of local oysters on the half shell, and two or three main entrees that they change out seasonally. Kind of a hipster place, but not so much that people don't want to bring their kids, if that makes sense.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022