Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Weekend 1/25 -26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Weekend 1/25 -26

• Options

Month/Cycle: 8/7

CD/DPO: CD18 / 1DPO

Timing: -4, -2, -1, O (this is the FIRST time we’ve actually timed this out)

Typical LP length: TBD

Testing: Hoping to be as patient as possible

R/R: I spent almost all day in my PJs watching the great British baking show & finishing up entering my students’ grades. Its quiet in here for the weekend but I hope someone else will join!

CS/Q:
    fingers crossed that my temp continues to rise 🤞 I’m not 100% sure that I’ve been ovulating for the last 2 cycles. 

• Options
    flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited January 2020
    @singing_koala First of all, your name is adorable! <3 Your weekend sounds fantastic, and I'm crossing my fingers (and toes) for you!

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD/DPO: 19/7

Timing: Excellent. -4, -2, 1, 0, 3

Typical LP length: ~15

Testing: trying to wait

R/R:
    TW--> Rant:
    I was hoping to have a relaxing (drama-free) Sunday, but I woke up to a message (from one of my friends who lives in across the world) that shook me up really bad. I went to college with this friend, and he is nearly a decade younger than my husband and me. He has been the "crazy little brother" to us for a long time, and we have tried to keep communication with him despite him living across the world. He is a huge mess most of the time. He has gone through two marriages and divorces and he is in his late 20s, and he can barely take care of himself.

Well, I got a message this morning that his "significant other" (of less than a month) is pregnant...I feel like I've been absolutely gutted. It just seems so unfair that irresponsible people (that don't even want kids) can achieve what I've been seeking without even trying. I'm trying not to be such a crybaby about it, but I just can't even feel happy for him right now. I think I need to go hide for a while. Am I being petty?

/END RANT

CS/Q: n/a

Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @flowntheloop Ugh, I’m so sorry. it sounds a lot like a friend that I have who is a complete mess and constantly saying and doing things without thinking about anyone else.  First of all, you can’t control how you feel and being upset and angry is 100% appropriate. It truly is so unfair. If you need to take a break from talking to your friend to take care of yourself then do it! Regardless, sending some support and light your way (even if I am just an internet stranger).  That must be super hard to navigate. ❤️ 
  • Options
    @flowntheloop I am sorry that happened! I really do not understand what that is all about, life is absurd sometimes but I feel like what you are describing happens a lot. I see people getting pregnant and having multiple babies and calling them an "oopsie" and I'm just thinking, there are no oopsies. Unless you are told you cannot have children naturally and then you do, well, that's more of a surprise, right? Otherwise you're just rolling the dice! Does being irresponsible make you less stressed and maybe that helps with conceiving?? 

In any case, your feelings are valid and I agree that if you need to step away to process the news then you should allow yourself to do it. 
  • Options
    While I'm here, I'll post something too!

Month/Cycle: 1/2

CD/DPO: 24/11

Timing: not great.-4,-1,+2

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: still forcing myself to wait until Feb 1st

R/R: this is really silly but I'm teaching a yoga class this morning and I seriously am not feeling it one bit. The good news is that my mom is visiting from Italy and she is making us a huge lasagna to freeze so my husband and I won't have to meal prep too much once she leaves in a week!

CS/Q:  I have not been temping consistently this cycle since we have just started but have taken my temp in the past week and it's been consistent and above values that I would consider my CL (I charted a lot a couple of years ago).

• Options

@singing_koala  It sounds like you are having both a relaxing and productive weekend so far!  

@flowntheloop  You aren't being petty.  Your feelings are completely valid.  I would have felt the same way if I got that news today.  The last thing that I want to hear is about how easily someone has gotten pregnant especially without really trying.

@morethanamama  That's really nice of your mom to cook for you while she visits!

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD/DPO: 17/3

Timing: -3,-1

Typical LP length: 13-14

Testing: I am planning to do a completely different strategy this time.  I'm going to start testing daily starting at DPO 8 because most of my stress has come from my fear of possible occupational exposures if I were to be pregnant and not know it.  At least if I know early, then I can make special requests.  I can't make special requests if I am just trying to get pregnant.  During my past cycles, I tried to wait as long as I could prior to testing, but in hindsight, I was causing myself to have unnecessary stress.

R/R:  I want to try to be productive today, but I don't have the energy.  I will consider it a success if I eventually shower and get dressed for the day.

CS/Q: nope

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lurking over from the WTO board.  (I justg a little anxious when I see all those little yellow new posts and like to see what is happening elsewhere.  

@singing_koala. I love the British baking show.  When our dog had surgery, we had to keep him "quiet" during his recovery.  His recovery also took three times longer than it should have with lots of complications.  The only thing that he would settle down to was the British Baking show.  We literally had it playing for 6 weeks straight at our house.  I was like Jace, we already know who wins, but what do you think about this episode?  

@flowntheloop. I am so sorry that happened to you.  It can be so hard to be supportive in that situation. 

I read  an article saying that 45% of pregnancies are "surprises" and felt gutted for a while.  It just felt so stupid to read that knowing how hard our family and all the ladies here are working towards that goal.  My cousin's gf just had their baby and I had very complicated feelings about it.  It came as a total surprise and I feel like the same happened for you.  Normally I try to be a little protective of myself when I know someone is more likely to get pregnant.  This came out of left field. 

Sending you love and support from afar!  You are amazing and probably just need a little time and space to yourself!

@morethanamama. So jealous of Italian moms and lasagna!  We have Italy heritage but with lactose intolerance, lasagna is a little hard for me!
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 Interesting, my hubby likes the show for the same reason! Lol it’s very calming. I’ve never heard of a show calming a dog down though, that’s cool! 
  • Options
    @singing_koala Thank you. It definitely hit me harder than expected. My hubby has spent the majority of the day trying to cheer me up since then.
    @morethanamama I'm just as baffled as you. The unfairness of life is seemingly endless.
    I hope your yoga class went better than expected!
    @AB518 It sometimes feels like the fates are against me for sure!
    Waiting until later in the cycle will definitely help with the stress. I usually won't pee on a stick until 10DPO at least.
    @dobiemom11 Thanks for your support and positive thoughts! Those statistics are ridiculous.

Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019