May 2020 Moms

January Symptoms

Re: January Symptoms

• @allie456 I would ask your doctor what your normal range has been with them and what they would want you to be concerned about, I can say that your first number is only slightly lower than what I run normally (I am usually at high for me 100/65-no idea why my BP is so low) but I can tell you when I get much lower they retest me and watch me for a bit. But again for me low is normal, all of this to say having a better idea from your doctor of what they would be worried about I think would be really helpful.
  • @babyfoxden10 the shortness of breath is killing me. I have been sleeping on an incline to help with it, but it is not doing too much.
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks everyone (especially @drkoyya, I was definitely not putting my arm in the right position). It wasn't even that I was specifically worried, more that the numbers were so weird (normal for me at the doctor is like 110/65) that I just figured either I was doing something wrong or the wrist monitors were useless. Calibration is another good idea.

@babyfoxden10 I'm super congested too. Where I live is really dry in the winter so that is definitely not helping!
  • @babyfoxden10 Yes to congestion and shortness of breath trying to sleep! My body still doesn't like sleeping on my side and every time I change positions I have to catch my breath. So much that DH often asks if I'm okay :sweat_smile: I've tried sleeping on an incline but that's not comfortable either. I'm considering getting a wedge pillow to properly sleep on an incline because I know it's only going to get worse. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @allie456 a humidifier has been so helpful at night it reduced my nose bleeds at least. I got a mini one that goes on my night stand. 

@drkoyya I have a pillow that is a Boppy side sleeper pillow it’s ok for not rolling but I think being propped up on an incline might be better for me who know 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @drkoyya I will say my new special pillow does not help me sleep better, but my body is nowhere near as sore in the morning because my alignment is so much better.  It’s definitely worth trying different things.  
  • @allie456 I’m glad you figured out the correct position for your BP cuff. Definitely need to follow instructions to a T on positioning. I use an Omron brand wrist cuff for work and I find it to be accurate as long as it’s positioned correctly and held still. If you think your reading is wrong, don’t re-do it on the same wrist right away, wait 5 minutes before re-checking. Also, BP readings will be different sitting, standing, and lying. Recommend sitting for measurement, since that’s the position you are in when at the doctor’s office. I hope things stay nice and normal!
  • Nothing is touching my heartburn tonight, I am miserable.
  • @mamaj1220 Have you tried Pepcid? It’s baby safe. Hopefully you can find some relief soon!
  • @mamaj1220 I'm sorry, that feels awful. I've gotten to a point where I have to eat something small every 2 ish hours to keep mine at bay. Can't ever let stomach be empty OR full.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m 21 weeks and still not feeling my baby girl. She’s doing well on the 20 week ultra sound and They said my placenta is at the top. I just worry that this isn’t normal. Any thoughts? 
  • @ellie2020 I had a total freakout a few of weeks ago. I was probably about 22 weeks along when I did not feel my baby for 2 days. The doctor had me come in and did an ultrasound which looked good. She said the same thing, the baby had rolled up against my placenta and that’s why I had not been feeling her. She said next time I can try drinking something sugary like orange juice and lay quietly on my left side for a little sometimes that will get her to move.  

I believe it’s 28 weeks when we start counting movements so you’ve got a little bit, but someone correct me if that number is wrong. 
  • @ellie2020 I have an anterior placenta and have just started feeling consistent movement at 23 weeks, until about last week I couldn't be sure about feeling anything. @babyfoxden10 you are right, when I asked my OB at my last appt she said not to worry about every day movement until 28 weeks.
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • @ellie2020 I echo the others, that not feeling movement at 21 weeks can be normal. This is my second pregnancy with an anterior placenta and with both of them I wasn't really feeling any movement (internally) until 22-23 weeks. It wasn't until 24-26 weeks where I could feel it with my hand externally and DH at 26 weeks could feel with his hand.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @sunshinesea22 yes I have, nothing is touching it that is safe for me to have I think things are all smashed together at this point so I am just making it a point to eat smaller portions and more frequent which still isn't helping too much but it is what it is lol
  • @mamaj1220 Oy, I feel your pain! I have chronic gastritis and before we figured out what it was, I was so uncomfortable! 
  • allie456 I've heard many times over that the wrist ones are not accurate at all and aren't recommended. I have to monitor at home and I have an Omron that I've used for three pregnancies now that works great. I'd definitely recommend one of those.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista oh really? I didn't know that! 

Since I started putting my hand over my heart like @drkoyya recommended the crazy high readings have stopped but if it's not recommended anyway maybe I'm just wasting my time.
  • @allie456 I’m a nurse and I use a wrist cuff at work all day every day and have never had any issues. If I am second guessing it, I’ve checked manually and with the machine that goes around the arm and those have all backed up my readings on the wrist cuff. When they are used as directed, they are excellent tools. It sounds like you got it figured out now, so I would recommend you stick with what you already own.
  • Symptoms I'm pretty sure I had with DD from day one that I hadn't had are starting with this one. I've been getting the terrible heart burn and then last night the leg cramps. I'm thankful I've gone this long with out it, but at the same time I was hoping I wouldn't get it at all. 
  • I'm wondering if/when the heartburn will begin for me.  I had it pretty bad with DD1, but I don't remember when it started.  She was also born with a full head of hair so I'm wondering if there's anything to the old wive's tale about heartburn and hair.  If so this one might be a baldy since I'm feeling good still.
  • I'm wondering if/when the heartburn will begin for me.  I had it pretty bad with DD1, but I don't remember when it started.  She was also born with a full head of hair so I'm wondering if there's anything to the old wive's tale about heartburn and hair.  If so this one might be a baldy since I'm feeling good still.
    I totally believe it that one. I had heart burn with my first, but not constant, and didn't really get started until third trimester. He was bald until he was 2. 

My second I had moderate heart burn starting in first trimester, second trimester was hard and I feel like I was just miserable with it all of third trimester. It literally never stopped.  Full head of hair and even though they're two years apart, she has more hair and the same length as my oldest. Neither has ever been cut. 

This time it's again much more mild. Present, but not pervasive or constant or super strong yet. I'm assuming another bald baby, but we'll see!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bananapanda
    My daughter is balder than bald and I had terrible heart burn. She's just starting to have hair that can be combed at 20 but for the most part we don't even comb it. 
  • I got a side stitch just from walking around yesterday. I feel that the discomfort of the 3rd trimester is just around the corner...
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @bananapanda @pourmeanothermocktail I think there's actual studies that show a correlation between heartburn and babies being born with hair
    Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • tj_2 said:
    @bananapanda @pourmeanothermocktail I think there's actual studies that show a correlation between heartburn and babies being born with hair
    I thought so too. And my second really had a LOT of hair. I gave her a ponytail at maybe 2 days old. A lot of hair. And I was breathing fire for months. My older son I had only a little heartburn, and ditto so far with this baby. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Apparently I’m either constipated or have diarrhea. There is no in between.
  • @soprano19 same here...I thought I fixed this issue with my cranapple juice ohh no now I need to run to the bathroom. 

@drkoyya hang in there mama, I know it is no fun getting uncomfortable. Maybe talk to your doctor about some stretches to help ease it? 
  • On and off over the last week or two I have days where it seems this baby must be laying on something important and every movement I make almost feels like someone punched me in the gut.  I'm assuming this is "normal", but never had this with DD1.  Anyone else?  If I'm sitting still I'm mostly fine, but if I am walking especially if it's a fast stompy walk I have a pretty uncomfortable feeling.

Also DD1 woke me up in the middle of the night to climb in bed.  I pulled her in then got up to go to the bathroom and immediately almost fell over.  I was so dizzy and leaning to the side pretty bad.  I figured I got up too quick so just held on to the bed while I made it close to the bathroom and then back ok.  But every time I woke up I still felt dizzy.  Then when my alarm actually went off I still felt horrible.  I sat up for a bit and made DH go get me a snack and some water before I got out of bed.  I'm still not feeling great, but I was able to drive to work and eat ok.  I just can't move my head around too much.  Hoping this goes away quickly.  
  • @bananapanda I've experienced some dizziness and weird loss of balance especially when bending over to pick something up off the floor, but I don't think as severe as what you're describing. That sounds scary. Maybe worth a quick call to your doctor?
  • @bananapanda it sounds like maybe a blood pressure or blood sugar issue.  If it continues, definitely see your doctor.  Our blood pressure drops when we sleep and also lie down and if it’s a bad position somehow (like on your back too long) for too long it can be made even worse, but if you don’t feel better after a snack and lying on your left side for 20 minutes you should see your doctor.  I’m telling you this based on what my midwife told me because all I want in the world is to sleep on my back. 
  • @bananapanda I hope it goes away soon. I had a day like that about a month ago. I woke up and couldn't seem to balance, it seemed like I was leaning and always walking/falling to the side. It sucked getting ready for the day, I ran into my door jam so many times. It eventually went away. Try to stay hydrated!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @bananapanda I would definitely talk with your doctor about it. Is it only the gut or somewhere lower? Thinking maybe some prolapse you didn't know you had but really could be anything or nothing. Worth an ask!
  • Thanks everyone! I had read it could be from blood sugar, dehydration or laying on my back, but I was on my side when I woke up so I don't think that's it.  I am feeling about 90% better now after having some food and drinking a ton of water.  

@lisush it's actually kind of at the bottom of my ribcage.  I have an appointment with my OB on Tuesday so I'll definitely bring both issues up then and hope it's nothing serious!  
  • @bananapanda glad you are feeling mostly better! I was dizzy a lot post partum after my first and realized it was absolutely hydration levels that did it. I'm still not great about it, but that's my experience at least!
  • I’m having a pretty intense pain near my public bone on the right side. Had called the nurses line about it today and they recommended Tylenol and putting my feet up. That helped all day, but now it’s hurting more and I can’t get back to sleep. Boo. Maybe I need a pregnancy pillow? Or it’s just some nerve thing from how the little one is positioned? Ouch. 
  • @adventuresawait2 Could be SPD/PG pain. Mine has gotten so bad I'm damn near disabled, trying to figure out how to take care of my kids during the day. More hip support while sleeping is likely to help.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am now experiencing the least dignified pregnancy symptom: hemorrhoids. Youch. And no doctor available for two weeks.
  • @allie456 I had them bad last time. Do whatever you can do get your bowels moving regularly and as soft as you can. Use wipes versus toilet paper, use the creams, and make some witch hazel pads.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @allie456 I am right there with you. Hemorrhoids and constipation. What an awesome combo.