Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 1/20

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the state you live in?

Re: Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 1/20

• EDD/weeks+days: 7/5; 16+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: some giant eyed rodent looking thing from the Philippines lol

Upcoming appointments: boring appt tomorrow... but I'm happy for it b/c I'm just paranoid something has happened and I've had a MMC. I didn't feel like this AT ALL last time. Like, I had no sense of mortality. 

How are you feeling? had a rough-ish day on Saturday... but good, overall. I think I have tough days during the weekend because I forget to eat, or don't because it just doesn't sound good and we have other stuff going on... and then I get nauseous and can't get it to go away.
    OH! And I had my first bout of pregnancy heartburn. It suuuucked.... and now that Zantac is a known carcinogen (if it gets hot), that made treating it challenging. Tums (which is a joke) plus Tylenol and eating some vanilla yogurt (my go to last pregnancy) seemed to do the trick.

Raves/Rants: none!

Questions: none!

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the state you live in? We have seasons! All of them... and it's so nice. Though, I'd love it if Fall and Spring would stick around longer. It seems like those perfect Spring days are gone as fast as they come along (thanks global warming :neutral:

• EDD/weeks+days: 15+6 (7 July) 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Nutella jar

Upcoming appointments: Not until Feb, BUT I am calling tomorrow because my BP has been out of control and I feel awful + vision changes. With my history of pre-e I think we’re starting early this time 😩

How are you feeling? Trying not to freak out about my BP and possible bed rest. 

Raves/Rants: my husband has a man cold. End rant 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the state you live in? GA is close to Disney and I live less than 30 min from beautiful beaches. Sadly, I can’t wait to go back to Ohio 🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • @blaf322 I’ve also been paranoid this past week that something happened to baby. Whether it’s the extra cup of coffee I had, or the breakdown I had yesterday, I don’t know. I know I’m being irrational, but I can’t help it. I try to focus on movement everyday, but nothing obvious has happened yet. Also sorry you had a rough weekend!

EDD/weeks+days: July 7/15w+6d

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: apparently a jar of Nutella. Thanks again bump for feeding my cravings.

Upcoming appointments: Feb 12 for AS

How are you feeling? Overall really good, which is nice, but also scary until I can feel this kid more consistently 

Raves/Rants: today is my birthday! That is all.

Questions: none at the moment 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the state you live in? No state for me, but our province is quite nice. We have some world class skiing and hiking within a 2 hour drive of us, and all the seasons. Our economy is great, and low taxes! 🙌

• @coffeeandcookies84 we’re due date buddies!
  • @footdrbritt oh noooo! FX you don't end up on bed rest so early. How early did you deliver with your daughter?

@coffeeandcookies84 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 
    Re: where you live (Canada, right?) I always envision Canada as what one of the girls on DD's BMB experiences... which is a ridiculous amount of snow and negative temperatures. It blows my entire mind! One time, she took a video of her throwing a mug of water in the air and it froze and turned to snow... MID-AIR. WTF?! I cannot live in a place where that happens. I wouldn't survive :D 
  • @blaf322 thanks! Yep, we’re in Canada (Alberta)! That sounds about right. Last week, we had lows of -40c, but this week are lows are closer to -1C...some parts of this country are crazy. I’m sure DH and I will end you retiring somewhere warmer.

@footdrbritt yay! Hope you’re able to get a hold on that BP this week. I feel like as a whole, this pregnancy is not as restful and relaxing, but I love my toddler!
  • @blaf322 so my medical history and last pregnancy is all screwed up. I technically was diagnosed in my records as pre-e but no workup 🙄, I was induced at 38 with a lovely crash c-section. I had awful BP from almost exactly 20 weeks on. So I guess we’re just going early this time—I was trying to avoid the second c section because my last one was so terrifying, but if this continues (like I’ve done nothing and almost maxed out on my second set of meds and I’m sitting at 160/95) I guess I’ll just embrace it. 
  • @coffeeandcookies84 if my job wasn’t so darn stressful I think I’d be okay (doctor myself, and we joke i have all these complications because I work in the same hospital as my OB)
  • @footdrbritt damn... I'm sorry! I hope you have a better experience this go round.
  • @blaf322 my team this time is MUCH improved.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 16+1. 7/5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: avocado

Upcoming appointments: next week- fancy US

How are you feeling? Better but still a little nauseous in the mornings. Tried to go down to half a pill of Unisom today and felt a little worse, so will keep taking the full pill for now. Just makes me so sleepy!

Raves/Rants: Finally found a couple names I like! I was beginning to worry I wouldn’t find anything I could picture being her name. Put a hold on one of those 100,000 baby names books in case I need more inspiration. 

Questions: nope!

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the state you live in? Also the seasons. Hoping for a real snow fall this winter- last year we didn’t get much. 
  • @blaf322 welllll I’m admitted to the hospital until further notice. Good thing I called this morning because it was even worse today. But baby looks good so there’s that
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 2/16w+5d

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: action figure

Upcoming appointments: Feb 6th - anatomy scan, Feb 18th - next OB

How are you feeling? Feeling good, except my sciatic nerve is causing some pain in my butt as of yesterday. Hopefully I can correct it and it's temporary. Other than that, have gotten to the point where my jeans don't button comfortably so I have started using a band.

Raves/Rants: Still living off of the high of hearing the baby's heartbeat last Thursday!

Questions: nope!

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the state you live in? CA has a lot of natural beauty, whether that's beaches and coastline or redwoods and mountains. It's a great place to get outside and do stuff! We also don't get any ice or snow, which I am very happy about it!
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited January 2020
    @footdrbritt oh noooo! What was it today? Are they going to start an infusion to try to help? Is it mag that they use or am I making that up?
  • @footdrbritt lurking from group 2, but I'm so sorry to hear you're in the hospital! I hope they can find a way to safely regulate your BP that doesn't require bed rest for the rest of your pregnancy. Thinking of you!
  • @footdrbritt I hope they are able to get things to the point soon where you can go home. :( So sorry you're having to be in the hospital!
  • edited January 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 17+, 7/1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: cucumber (that's new)

Upcoming appointments: 2/11 anatomy us, 2/13 3rd OB

How are you feeling? stomach upset over the weekend hopefully will settle down

Raves/Rants: I had a day off yesterday which was glorious due to MLK holiday. 
    Traveling to FL next week for a work conference and they are making me fly back at 11 pm. My home is another hour away.  Dreading it all.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the state you live in? TX - The size gives you something of everything if you explore far enough. 

@footdrbritt Hope things settle down that has to be scary.
    @blaf322 I'm taking pepcid in lieu of zantac.  I also take Prevacid. But I have GERD.
    @coffeeandcookies84 happy birthday!

• Thanks everyone. Just waiting for my room. On the bright side apparently the whole hospital knows I’m here so lots of love from my staff. Not sure what they’re going to put me on, but hopefully I get stabilized and go home soon. (I think mag is for pre-e so maybe). I’m assuming I’ll get bed rest because my doctors know me and doing surgery (regardless of how easy) is stressful. Sooo light paperwork duty for me? Not sure, I’ll keep everyone updated. 
  • @footdrbritt so sorry to hear! 
    @bluguitarhannah @blaf322 my doctor also recommended Pepcid AC for heartburn! 

EDD/weeks+days: 16w5d 7/3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: size of a newborn hat 

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy US 2/7

How are you feeling? The nausea is gone! I mean; still waking up with it but eat something right away and voila! I feel alive again lol! 

Raves/Rants: at end of hyperemesis I developed L sides rib pain that prevents me from sitting, lying down, breathing, yawning, sneezing due to severe sharp pains. But at least it isn’t nausea!! 

Questions: anyone else w this rib pain already? Besides hot packs, what are you doing? 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the state you live in? SoCal. Endless summer :) though I did see fall for the first time in Minnesota this year, and it was beautiful. But I came home back to flip flops and t shirt weather and I was happy! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7/7 16 weeks 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Avocado 

Upcoming appointments: sometime
    in Feb.  I scheduled by anatomy scan for the week of Valentine’s Day.  It’s our 3rd, so bad to twist DH’s arm to take the day off. 

How are you feeling? I’m getting headaches every evening that are driving me nuts.  I discussed with my ob and she suggested adding magnesium to my vitamin regime.  I’m also trying a new brand of prenatals in case mine were irritating me somehow.  Tylenol helps, but I’m not comfortable needing to take it daily. 

Raves/Rants: Did a maternity stitch fix to get some pants that fit.  They sent an amazing pair of pants that were way out of my budget 😭    I wish I had never tried those on. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the state you live in? We have all the seasons.  I like that.  

@footdrbritt what’s the line of treatment this early on?  How were your labs and urine?  At my hospital, we’d likely start with procardia.  I can’t imagine starting mag so early because it’s usually a short term option.  Thinking of you. 

• @MrsTiger123 I was having horrible headaches daily. I've added the magnesium and it does seem to help some.  The dr. also gave me a prescription for fiorcet (sp?) but I don't want to actually use it after reading up on it.
  • @MrsTiger123 I was having horrible headaches daily. I've added the magnesium and it does seem to help some.  The dr. also gave me a prescription for fiorcet (sp?) but I don't want to actually use it after reading up on it.
    I read magnesium glycinate works best for headaches.  I couldn’t find it at Walmart or Target.  I did find it at GNC but there are some other things mixed in, but I’m giving it a try.  It sucks bc the evenings are a busy time with my two older kids, and I feel useless. 

• @footdrbritt how are you doing? Any updates?

• @blaf322 got home yesterday with bed rest for 2 weeks and half day clinics after that. Plus can’t deliver at my hospital anymore and have to go to the major medical center 45 min away

however, the Army refuses to accept my paperwork for bedrest so I had to go to work today. And they said probably won’t be approved for Monday. My OB basically said yeah deal with it. Soooo not so helpful for my BP. 
  • @footdrbritt what?! That blows my mind. I'm also super surprised they're willing to take that risk. It's such a huge liability for them if something happens to you because you're working and they're the ones that made you. 

I'm so sorry you're dealing with that.
  • @footdrbritt Lurking from group 4, glad you're home(ish) and hope things improve or hold steady for you. Sorry you're dealing with military "TLC" though - that's so frustrating!
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7/4 17weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Slice of Cake 🍰 

Upcoming appointments: 2/4 Anatomy scan

How are you feeling? Good

Raves/Rants: At appointment last Tuesday I was told that I have too much protein in my urine... so of course I am now worried about having/getting kidney disease 😩. The doctor said it maybe because I have some other underlying health issues so she will monitor every trimester, for risk of preeclampsia.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the state you live in? NY has some fabulous restaurants and I love to eat.

@footdrbritt I hope you are feeling better. That sucks that they are making you work against Drs orders....