September 2020 Moms

Symptoms Thread (End Jan/Feb)

edited January 2020 in September 2020 Moms
Hello! Sounds like a few of us thought a thread specifically for symptom related posts would be a good idea.

Should this be a long running thread? Monthly? Thoughts?

I think it would be helpful to include how far along you are when posting (but obviously isn’t necessary). :) 

Let’s hear how everyone’s feeling— the good, the bad, the ugly.  :#

Re: Symptoms Thread (End Jan/Feb)

• @chasingroygbiv Good idea- FTM so lots of strange new symptoms!  Recently my breasts are so painful, shooting pains anytime I move ever so slightly.  6w2d, anything I can do to relieve it?  Wearing a sports bra and trying not to move but can't do that forever. 
  • I like monthly!

About 6 weeks along and I just feel absolutely terrible in every way. Nauseous, exhausted, and extremely grouchy!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree monthly is good! 

@readytobemama I haven’t found anything to help with the soreness :(

I feel so nauseous all day long and have been throwing up about once a day.  Didn’t have this with my son... it is so difficult to get through the day.  I’ve tried eating every hour, crackers, bubbles etc. Hoping this is the peak of it- but I’m only 7 weeks. 

I’ve also had insomnia to round it out.  Blah 
  • @annieco13 weeks 7 and 8 tend to be the worst for things like nausea that are caused by progesterone. Once the placenta starts taking over a lot of the load it tends to ease off
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • The weirdest thing for me is that I'm sooooo gassy. Not farting, but burping and trapped air. It feels like my stomach is full of air so I'm hungry but also feel like I've eaten to the point of sickness.
    I've also got my usual symptom of breathlessness. Unfortunately that's something that crops up early in all of my pregnancies.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Today, honestly, has been my worst feeling day so far. Nausea the minute I woke up. Dizzy, lightheaded, zero appetite, headache, chubby, sharp shooting pains down below, and just overall exhausted. (8+2)

Initially thought it was a boy, comparing my symptoms to my other pregnancies— it’s gotta be another girl. I felt about 90% “normal” during my pregnancy with my son aside from slight aversions and headaches.  
  • May not be pregnancy related yet, but the constipation is already happening over here. I need to find my bottle of colace lol
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • 8+2 It’s bad. So much worse then I remember ever having for my boys. The constant nausea is crushing me. So much dry heaving. On the couch not being able to be an active parent. My mouth tastes awful all the time no matter what I do. I’m exhausting and by the end of the day in tears for feeling like crap and missing out on everything. Also this week started the painful constipation (you are not alone @elsie42). God I hope your right @mflowers929 and that this is the worst of it. Thursday I had a really good day and was so hopeful that things were getting better. This afternoon made it clear that it is not over yet. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited January 2020
    I like monthly too! We can keep this one for feb!

i’m 5+6
    So far for me sore boobs but mostly when they’re hit or moved by something or first thing in the morning because they were in one position for so long. Cramping every once in a while but it’s a quick dull cramp and then it goes away. TMI Noticeable CM which freaks me out because every time I feel it I’m scared to check to make sure it’s not spotting. My sense of smell has increased a lot, walked into work today and could barely handle it. Luckily got used to it. Never smelled that way before.. things don’t taste as good, my appetite isn’t great. nausea is getting worse and it’s so hard to keep working when it gets bad. Bought myself some ginger ale today and I have saltines on standby. Very fatigued, I just want to bum and sleep all day. Another TMI My BMs have been all over the place. One day it will be loose and the next I’m constipated. Rip. irritated that my H Doesn’t seem to understand my symptoms yet -_- definitely doesn’t help that I’m moody af already so I want to snap at him sometimes! 
  • 7+3 here, FTM, so so sick of being sick all the time. I usually throw up at least once a day, my appetite is non existent but I think Mac and cheese is decent rn so that's probably about to become a staple. I know I'm losing weight over this and I'm so worried but as long as I keep getting sick I'm telling myself that the baby is still here and must be okay. Tired a lot, I just wanna lay down all day and I usually do. I think I've convinced myself to suck it up and keep going to work, so hopefully I won't miss more than I already have 😩. My mom is insisting it will be a boy because she said only my brothers ever made her sick.

Not really having many other symptoms, just sick and tired. Hoping I can post next week with a positive statement that I can eat again.
  • @readytobemama yes, my nipples actually feel like they are trying to burrow into my body. I haven't taken off my sports bra in a week... I'm afraid to. 
  • 6w1d
    I have this general vague nausea all day long, not enough to make me vomit, but unpleasant. But it’s punctuated by moments of intense hunger and food cravings. And while I’m eating whatever it is, the nausea goes away and I feel better for about 10 minutes and then it comes back and I’m worried I’m going to lose whatever weird combination I just convinced myself to eat. 

@greyl  I’ve also been having quite a bit of CM and almost every day when I feel it, until I can run to the bathroom, I’m certain it’s blood. 

My boobs are also pretty sore although some days it almost goes away which has been messing with my head. 

And the constant peeing. They used to call me a camel because I often can’t go for many hours at a time while I’m in the OR. Now I’m waking up before my alarm with a bursting bladder. This plus the frequent trips to double check I’m not spotting... I feel like I’m in the bathroom 10x more than normal. 
  • How could I forget the constipation?! I’m also struggling big time with that and always do. What do all of you do about it when diet changes/increasing water intake doesn’t do the trick? I’ve mentioned before, but I’ve gone 13 days without being able to go in a previous pregnancy.  :'( 
  • The nausea is killing me. It is usually really intense both in the morning and at night. I spend most mornings dry heaving. This is almost exactly how I was in my previous pregnancy and it lasted until around 20 weeks. Add me to the club with the discharge that has been freaking me out as well.  Also I have been having a lot of cramping which I don’t remember having before.  Just when I think it’s done I have a day like yesterday where it was all day. I am having digestive issues as well so the cramping could be from that.  I’m 6 weeks and 6 days.
  • 7+1 and right there with all you ladies--so at least we know it's all normal lol. I also can't really cook any more. I like cooking, and I'm usually the one to do it in my household, but all the smells just disgust me.
  • 8+2 The weird symptom I currently have and had with my last pregnancy is dry crusty nose and more ear wax. It's so weird and I have to blow my nose so much. I'm also soooooo thirsty all the time despite drinking water all day.

@readytobemama the shooting breast pain is your glands getting ready to have milk later on. I know it seems helpful to want to wear a sports bras to try to compress and relive the pain, but you should wear more breathable comfortable bras. The compression is not good for your milk glands, same for underwire bras. I started wearing nursing bras and sleeping bras with my first pregnancy and it was much more comfortable.

@Louise_Belcher the metallic taste is the worst! it's one of the first symptoms I get. I add flavors to my water- lemon or other fruit-to try to mask the taste.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I guess that would be why I don't have breast pain this time, since I'm still nursing DS
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 I don't have breast pain either this time. I just recently weaned a month ago- I was an exclusive pumper. At my 1st prenatal exam I told my OB that I had really lumpy breasts all through teenage up through pregnancy. She said she didnt feel any lumps. I asked is that common for breast tissue to change from BF and she said yes and that's probably one of the reasons why BF lowers the risk of breast cancer. I thought this was so fascinating.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Has anyone had vision issues? I will occasionally get large wavy sections that greatly effect vision and last for an hour or so. During my last pregnancy I developed a blind spot in the middle of my right eye that is now permanent so I keep getting nervous that the wavy sections are going to last.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is so hard to explain how dreadful this constant nausea feels. I keep telling DH it is very like a really bad hangover that just doesn't go away. I felt like this for 39 weeks and 2 days with my last pregnancy and I am praying that I have better luck this time. 
    Is anyone feeling like they are glowing yet? lol
    When I was pregnant with DS my hair thickened and my skin was so clear and bright and thus far I feel like this time I am just a ball of sweat and grease no matter how many showers I take. 
  • @macheno that's actually really interesting! And now I'm feeling myself up lol. My boobs are definitely not as lumpy as they used to be either. Cool but weird!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @Louise_Belcher I had horrible migraines with auras during my pregnancy with DS. I actually had one of my first ones come on during an MFM appointment and my doctor was so concerned he sent me by ambulance to the hospital down the road. Neuro exam checked out fine, deemed a migraine. Happened a few more times that pregnancy but never with our girls. So weird. 

@beaandthebabes Definitely NOT. Hair is still falling out all over the place and the acne struggle is real (which is not the norm for me). I feel chubby and just blah. Can’t wait until I actually look pregnant verses like I’m carrying a jelly roll. Ha! 
  • @beaandthebabes I was just thinking today that it feels like I’m hungover! That’s the perfect way to describe it in its state right now. And no, definitely not glowing lol! I have zits and look like I haven’t slept in days. Looking forward to second tri! 
  • Very early 4w4d. Sore breasts/tender nipples. Feeling bloated and very full. Not really an appetite and when I do eat, it makes me nauseous during/after. Random nausea here and there but not enough to make me vomit. Exhausted!  I don’t remember having all these symptoms this early on when pregnant with my son! 
  • New and totally random symptom - mild motion sickness. I've never had motion sickness in my life but driving home yesterday I almost had to tell DH to pull over.
    I swear that this pregnancy will be the death of me. Between the exhaustion and the nausea I just want to curl up and not do anything for the next few weeks
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • It is so hard to explain how dreadful this constant nausea feels. I keep telling DH it is very like a really bad hangover that just doesn't go away. I felt like this for 39 weeks and 2 days with my last pregnancy and I am praying that I have better luck this time. 
    Is anyone feeling like they are glowing yet? lol
    When I was pregnant with DS my hair thickened and my skin was so clear and bright and thus far I feel like this time I am just a ball of sweat and grease no matter how many showers I take. 
    That's what I keep telling my husband! I feel so hungover all the time! Nauseous and hungry and then I eat thinking it will make me feel better but it just makes me feel worse. Hoping it goes away by the second trimester 🤞
  • The nausea was rough last night. I was starving last night and I thought Taco Bell sounded good. Nope!! Threw it all up immediately after eating it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think my low carb diet (that I've been on without issue for 2 years) may be biting the dust. I was completely miserable yesterday, and today I had 2 slices of low carb toast for breakfast and it was the best I've felt all week. And then I had 2 more slices for lunch, still holding strong. This is probably more toast than I've had in 2 years, but... I guess you just do what you've got to do 
  • @mflowers929 With my last pregnancy the motion sickness was terrible. I highly recommend a roll of those little trash bags. 
  • Still early, 5w3ds give or take a day or two. Feeling exhausted, occasionally slightly nauseous but I’m still early. In my other pregnancies the symptoms really kick in around 6 weeks. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• 6w5days now.  Anyone else been having the most bizarre dreams/nightmares?  And they're so vivid I can recall them clearly for days after.  
  • @readytobemama yes to the dreams! It’s been nuts 
  • I had a lesbian sex dream the other night 🙊🙈 I'm so straight it's painful lol. Oh well!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I feel like I could sleep for a week and still be tired.  Totally agree with the feeling hungover thing, spent most of yesterday on the couch drifting between awake and asleep trying to stock up on sleep before work this week.
  • @readytobemama I've never seen as much REM sleep on my fitbit sleep analyzer before, and the dreams have been so vivid. Last night I dreamed I was in the hospital getting induced!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Ok I’ve been having super weird, almost lightening crotch feelings for about a week. I went into my OB and she did a urine test and their was no sign of any infection or anything. It’s defiantly not a normal feeling. It’s not constant but when I walk or squat or bend down almost when I put pressure on anything downtown. It kinda feels like it’s my vagina or cervix? Does anyone have any experience with this? I have 3 other babes 4,3,1 so this isn’t my first rodeo, I pretty much know what to expect at this point. I’ve also had three MC and this doesn’t feel like that.. 
  • Anyone else feeling achy/stiff after they wake up? Not sure if I’m just sleeping weird or what, I just know I’m tossing and turning almost all night m. It’s happened the last couple of days. 
  • @chasingroygbiv
    I am stiff after not moving for a period of time; I swear that I look like I'm in my 80s when I'm walking around at work. People are asking me if I'm okay. Not sure what I need to do to help this lol. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • I think part of the reason the nausea has been so bad this week is I also have a low grade headache all the time, and also it feels like I have sinus pressure but I’m not congested or anything... anyone else have this? Maybe I’m just getting a sinus infection and blaming it on being KU?
  • My nausea has been so bad that I'm considering seeing the doctor about it. I hopped on the scale this morning and I'm down 2 lbs from where I was when I got pregnant (after being up 3 lbs). Last night was so terrible, I just laid there for a long time feeling like I was going to vomit and then not doing it. And every time I put something in my mouth it brings it back up. I've been taking my anti nausea medicine but it makes me feel like a zombie and doesn't even really take away the nausea.
    This is the worst I've ever felt of all of my pregnancies 😰
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022